Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Did you watch the finale? Need to vent? Look no further!!!

How did you rate the finale?

generalbrent

[1]May 16, 2009
    • level: 15

Okay, so, I just watched the last 2 episodes, and I have to say, they were nothing short of horrible. Since PB came back from its little break, I've noticed how bad it has got. I agree with most fans, the first two seasons were good, and then 3 and 4 just sucked. Hard. But its been these last few episodes where I've actually been sitting here watching it thinking "this is trash. horrible acting. same-old same-old. drama for the sake of drama. pure rubbish". I seriously can't believe how bad it got.

There was ONE good bit. Allison Hale spitting on Kellerman was good. I liked that.

Plot holes, poor acting, the inability to write character in and out of the show (eg, characters like Bellic should have been gone from the show before the halfway point of season 2. As much as I love Mahone, the fact that he has gone from hunting the Brothers down to becoming their new best bud, i hated that. Sucre ran his course and then some. C-note was silly. T-bag was the worst "Arch-nemesis" ever), the whole Sara's dead, wait...**Everyone complains** no... shes alive... **Everyone still complains**, thats just some of the reasons this show has gone downhill.

Also, how did Pad-man go from being the super-cool-guy-who-doesn't-speak-to-be-mysterious, become someone who does everything???

Don Self was a horrible character.

I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me, but I'm just so disappointed!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Hamzie

[2]May 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    i loved the ending

but even though i loved it... i wouldnt say perfect ending

the guy who worked hardest for freedom.. dies?

Thats the only thing id really want to change

so.. i cant really wont

somewhere between first and second choice:

- LOVED IT! Just didnt want Scofield to die

thats my vote

suplex2000

[3]May 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    It didn't bother me either with what happened to Don Self, in the event that Mahone wound up like that, I would have been more upset over it.

With Michael, I was thrilled that he didn't die trying to get Scylla, or exchanging it for Sara, etc..., but his death did disappoint me because now Sara is alone raising their son. I kind of think he didn't really have to die to give the show a better "closure".

T-Bag back in Fox River is simply up to his old tricks again, with his new "pocket-holding" boyfriend (T-Bag should have died).

The General winding up where he did was pretty appropriate.

It surprised me that Mahone didn't wind up with his wife, but instead his co-worker lady friend, she always felt for him though so that was fine.

I would have liked to have seen where Mari Cruise was with Sucre's character, they could have at least shown her, or let us know if she died or something (whatever happened to her).

All in all I loved the ending, I just think Michael should have lived.

hellwantshim

[4]May 16, 2009
    • level: 2

i have really liked these last set of episodes because they knew where they were going to end up

as for micheals death they could do alot of different things to explain this in the 2 hours they have thats meant to fill the gap between the end and the 4 yrs later

i cant remember where sara got that scar so maybe there was more fighting at some point hell he could even be alive but they need to pretend hes dead for whateva reason(unlikely) T-bag was more of a nuance but he was necessary for alot of the story arch

as for bellick overstaying his welcome yes but hes death was touching to see him finally do sumthing that wasnt in his own benefit

self's condition is ironic and sad as hes pure motivation for getting scylla was to whisk away his wife and instead he ends up in her position alone, if he hadnt have been portrayed as such a jerk in the last couple of episodes this would have had more effect on the viewers

kellermans intresting even though he got a pardon i highly doubt anyone would be letting him become a congressman so sumthing funnny had to have gone on there

Abruzzi_44

[5]May 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    hellwantshim wrote:

i have really liked these last set of episodes because they knew where they were going to end up

as for micheals death they could do alot of different things to explain this in the 2 hours they have thats meant to fill the gap between the end and the 4 yrs later

i cant remember where sara got that scar so maybe there was more fighting at some point hell he could even be alive but they need to pretend hes dead for whateva reason(unlikely) T-bag was more of a nuance but he was necessary for alot of the story arch

as for bellick overstaying his welcome yes but hes death was touching to see him finally do sumthing that wasnt in his own benefit

self's condition is ironic and sad as hes pure motivation for getting scylla was to whisk away his wife and instead he ends up in her position alone, if he hadnt have been portrayed as such a jerk in the last couple of episodes this would have had more effect on the viewers

kellermans intresting even though he got a pardon i highly doubt anyone would be letting him become a congressman so sumthing funnny had to have gone on there

Sara got the scars on her back from Susan B in Panama.

avi01

[6]May 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    I thought i was a very good ending. Sad but good and believable. I guess I don`t belong to this thread.

Loevgaard

[7]May 16, 2009
    • level: 4

Well, allthough I think that Michael should have lived in the very ending, this is a conclusion that says: "It ends here!". I don't say I didn't like the ending, because it actually is. He was suffering from a cerebral haemorrhage and whether we like it or not, it doesn't always have a good ending. I'll just remember Prison Break where a man is willing to sacrifice everything to save what he loves the most! That is the very strength of Prison Break! Rest in peace Michael!

mcepin3

[8]May 16, 2009
    • level: 17

Show ended and it ended perfect.With great/sad song.

I loved it how they showed what happened to which charachter and I also liked how Paul pretty much more or less saved everyone at the end.(I know people will disagree with my statement. Oh and by they way,I always knew that Paul didn't die,since they never really showed it.

Before they showed Michael's grave and that scene where they were,I already knew he was dead...when Sucre,Mahone,Linc talked that they'll be away for some time,I knew Michael was dead.

But PB had one season to many...they should put this in season 3 and end it there...not giving us season 3 just like season 1,but different locations.

There's a talk about final PB movie to dvd??? How r they gonna do that,since Michael is dead??? Will they do gap between 4 years???

Anyway I think that this should be the end and no more episodes.IT ENDED PERFECT!!!!

rockbyfusion

[9]May 16, 2009
    • level: 2
    I would have to agree, these last two episodes were horrible, how could they go from a great show with a dude who is all tattooed up, to a chop job of a story. What happened to the well thought person Micheal was, with all the ideas, and a body full of tattoos, and when we went to get the laser-ed off and sat, one night, with no pain meds at all, and just like that all the tattoos are gone. I think he didn't want to show off the body anymore after season 2, looked like Micheal was packing on the pounds near the end.

SpencerREid

[10]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8

Michael dying killed the show for me. It used to be my favoriye show and I was planning on rewatching the whole series eventually to see my favorite character in action...but now.....why bother if Michael dies in the end???? Michael dies so does Prison Break . End of story. I don't care about the show anymore.

Thank God I only bought Season 1 on DVD and there are other great shows out there worth my time.

mth-of-the-sth

[11]May 16, 2009
    • level: 7
    I partially agree with some of you..i mean, killing the guy who basically did everything on the show, was unnecessary, plus since he had that operation he should of lived, because his mother had the same one and she lived (until sarah killed her)..i know that medicine is not equal for all, but this is a show not real life... to answer the statement about mari cruz (not cruise)..she probably couldnt make an appearance because of her new show (cupid) but they could of said something about her.. i think t bag should of died (michael should of killed him) so atleast michael could kill someone ..hes the only one in the whole series who never killed anybody..so yeah, instead of killing michael they should of had him do something better, maybe with sarah..get married or something...they showed sarah with a ring on her left hand but never showed them getting married or nothing.

mth-of-the-sth

[12]May 16, 2009
    rockbyfusion, i have to agree..michael got a little chubbier after season 2 i think...he just started packing the pounds on lol..i think the running through Panama was keeping him in shape. All he wore in season 4 were like big sweatshirts like he had a huge stomach

mk335

[13]May 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    I have to say I was really surprised and mad that they killed off Michael. I loved the series and seasons one and two where my favorite out of the entire series. I don't see why the writers think that it is ok to have their main charter die. I think anyone else with the exception of Link. I feel that they just did a big screw you to the fans that watched the series all the way through to the end. Michael was the best and to have him die is just unacceptable to me. They left it where either everyone else was alive or about to die. I thin that they could have just left it where it was instead of showing the grave. The other thing is that they didn't tell us how he died and if you look at the tombstone he said that he had died in 2005. I don't really have a problem with that but they should have either not have him die or at least explain how he died. I don't like that the smartest one there and the one who had gotten everyone out of trouble had to die.

KaZaMaa83

[14]May 17, 2009
    Yeah I agree with a lot of the points you mentioned, but most fans are biased and loyal to the show. Im a biased loyal fan as well of Prison break. So I got to give it to them for ending the show before it got cancelled off the air like other shows. In my opinion Season 2&3 sucked but 4 picked up just the ending wasnt all that we expected but a justified one at the end. Their could have been a much better closure but I guess the writers, directors as well as actors all got tired.

timbjr

[15]May 17, 2009
    Boo to the whole shibang. Who helped them become free? Where the hell did kellerman come from? I was happy he was shot with a shotty a long time ago. Cmon, what a way to end the show. It was like going on a rollercoaster ride and having the last 30 seconds be a 5mph straight away.

timbjr

[16]May 17, 2009
    And oh yeah. The killing of Michael was actually the only thing I liked. He is such a boring man, but besides that, they proved that he wasnt the lord.

RagingNaruto

[17]May 17, 2009
    I really liked it, except for the part where Michael is dead and theres no bringing him back.

Hamzie

[18]May 17, 2009
    SpencerREid wrote:

Michael dying killed the show for me. It used to be my favoriye show and I was planning on rewatching the whole series eventually to see my favorite character in action...but now.....why bother if Michael dies in the end???? Michael dies so does Prison Break . End of story. I don't care about the show anymore.

Thank God I only bought Season 1 on DVD and there are other great shows out there worth my time.

michael died

and prison break ended

thats exactly what happened...

why does it matter what you think about the show after he dies.. there wont be any more episodes..

Hamzie

[19]May 17, 2009
    mth-of-the-sth wrote:
    I partially agree with some of you..i mean, killing the guy who basically did everything on the show, was unnecessary, plus since he had that operation he should of lived, because his mother had the same one and she lived (until sarah killed her)..i know that medicine is not equal for all, but this is a show not real life... to answer the statement about mari cruz (not cruise)..she probably couldnt make an appearance because of her new show (cupid) but they could of said something about her.. i think t bag should of died (michael should of killed him) so atleast michael could kill someone ..hes the only one in the whole series who never killed anybody..so yeah, instead of killing michael they should of had him do something better, maybe with sarah..get married or something...they showed sarah with a ring on her left hand but never showed them getting married or nothing.

they will show the marriage probably in the coming 2 episodes - DIRECT tO DVD ones

if you didnt know about them.. it basically fills the 4 YEARS LATER gap

WezzyV

[20]May 17, 2009
    I loved the ending and thought the last two episodes were amazing. For less than 2 hours so much happened in it and I never knew what the conclusion was going to be because it kept changing all the time. I knew from the second I realised they were all going away from their families Michael had died and they were going to his grave, and that was the only thing I would change. It's not that I didn't like it, it was a touching ending, but I would've rather ended it on a high with everyone where they belong, alive and happy.