Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Did you watch the finale? Need to vent? Look no further!!!

How did you rate the finale?

SpencerREid

[21]May 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Hamzie wrote:
    SpencerREid wrote:

Michael dying killed the show for me. It used to be my favoriye show and I was planning on rewatching the whole series eventually to see my favorite character in action...but now.....why bother if Michael dies in the end???? Michael dies so does Prison Break . End of story. I don't care about the show anymore.

Thank God I only bought Season 1 on DVD and there are other great shows out there worth my time.

michael died

and prison break ended

thats exactly what happened...

why does it matter what you think about the show after he dies.. there wont be any more episodes..

In that case your opinion doesn't matter either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

insane4life

[22]May 17, 2009
    • level: 4
    I liked the ending, I thought they wrapped it up well. However, the season as a whole as pretty bad in my opinion. The same plot twists were reused again and again, it was getting extremely redundant. They should have made the acquisition of Scylla a couple episodes in the end of Season 3, and ended it with this.

aislingxireland

[23]May 17, 2009

oh my god im still in shock.during the last few minutes of the season final i thought to myself wow this is so nice all these happy endings but then i realised that something bad and sad was going to happen i was half tempted to turn it off and go with the all happy ending but instead i watched it all and now im so shocked and sad because Micheal dies don't get me wrong i loved the season final and i will always love this TV show (i don't care that other people think that its a bad tv show) .but i just wish he didn't die because its unbelievably sad and he was my favourite character in it.to tell ya the truth when i watched it i did cry and i Bet you i am not the only one who did and who feels the same way i do

well done prison break crew on a amazing season final and programe and i hope to see wentworth miller, dominic purcell on another great program or movie

jgle76

[24]May 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    I think the show ended great. yeah it was a blow from nowhere it is how life works i think it was good to see he did get everything done he tried to finish before he died it gave the show a good reality twist.

cutiepugs

[25]May 17, 2009

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but we don't know that Michael is dead. No one saw him die...just a headstone. How many people have been "dead" on this show only to show up again later. Christina, Kellerman, Sarah, etc.

That's the theory I'm going to use to delude myself into believing it was a happy ending.

staind47

[26]May 17, 2009
    • level: 13
    I love(d) Prison Break....but I hate the ending. Having a genuis who escapes death, bullets, madmen for four seasons die of a brain tumor in a flash forward right at the end is.....well, stupid. The writers probably didn't want the whole happy ending thing but it still could've been bittersweet without him dying. Granted it takes imagination and they seem to have been running on empty for two seasons.

And why would anyone buy the 'Prison Break - Final Break' dvd coming out when we all know the main character dies? Not even in a heroic way....like Gladiator or something. The ending was just redundant and put in for dramatic effect, since it would be the last twist they can throw at the audience.

XanderKage

[27]May 17, 2009

I got most of my rant out on the "Official Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number" topic, but I still got some in me left. Overall, thay were good. Provided a lot of closure. But now I'll talk about the bad things.

1. Kellerman. Yes, his ending was perfect. But he's f'kn DEAD. Shot to pieses with two shotgns at close range, in season 2. And his appearane magically saves the day. NOT COOL.

But the ending (aka Four Years Later) was just plain awful. I said "worse then the Sopranos", in the other topic, but maybe not as bad. But close. The whole thing feels like a cheap attemp to fabricate a sad and emotionally deep ending, that (if it was genuine) would fit the show better than the happy one they got (pre-Four Years Later). And now, with that The Final Break episodes that I found out about, the ending feels even more forced. Since the only reason to release the episodes, that deal with something as significant as Michael's death, only after the show has officially ended is because they're an afterthought, to actually explain why the hell Michael's dead and we're left with that hugely lame "emotional" bomb.

PS Come to think of that, there are still some major issues not resolved (Link ad Michael not brothers, anyone?). I mean yes, it could've been predicted a mile away, but the characters never talked about it. So the ending feels not only artificial now, but also... I dunno, rushed, maybe...? Which in turn make "The Final Break" even more like an afterthought (as in why didn't they air this before the ending if there's still so much stuff to be resolved), which in turn make the ending feel even more like a lame attempt to end dramatically and emotionally... It's a neverending cycle...

Edited on 05/17/2009 2:56pm

mcepin3

[28]May 17, 2009
    • level: 16

let's say Michael is dead and the reason why,is because,they creators and others needed it for their Final Break dvd,that people will watch it,

just to see what happened in those 4 missing years.

maybe he really isn't dead,since all gang wasn't really that long beside his grave...

but if he is or isn't,I really don't care.I thougt that PB ended perfect and like I said before it had 1 season to many.

WezzyV

[29]May 17, 2009
    XanderKage wrote:

I got most of my rant out on the "Official Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number" topic, but I still got some in me left. Overall, thay were good. Provided a lot of closure. But now I'll talk about the bad things.

1. Kellerman. Yes, his ending was perfect. But he's f'kn DEAD. Shot to pieses with two shotgns at close range, in season 2. And his appearane magically saves the day. NOT COOL.

But the ending (aka Four Years Later) was just plain awful. I said "worse then the Sopranos", in the other topic, but maybe not as bad. But close. The whole thing feels like a cheap attemp to fabricate a sad and emotionally deep ending, that (if it was genuine) would fit the show better than the happy one they got (pre-Four Years Later). And now, with that The Final Break episodes that I found out about, the ending feels even more forced. Since the only reason to release the episodes, that deal with something as significant as Michael's death, only after the show has officially ended is because they're an afterthought, to actually explain why the hell Michael's dead and we're left with that hugely lame "emotional" bomb.

PS Come to think of that, there are still some major issues not resolved (Link ad Michael not brothers, anyone?). I mean yes, it could've been predicted a mile away, but the characters never talked about it. So the ending feels not only artificial now, but also... I dunno, rushed, maybe...? Which in turn make "The Final Break" even more like an afterthought (as in why didn't they air this before the ending if there's still so much stuff to be resolved), which in turn make the ending feel even more like a lame attempt to end dramatically and emotionally... It's a neverending cycle...

I really don't think you understand the whole "Kellerman Death"... HE WAS NOT SHOT. The guards were shot... that's why Kellerman was talking about looking them in the face or whatever when they shot, and why he says "Took you long enough", as in it could go either way, took you long enough to kill me, or took you long enough to save me, and the shooting was purposefully off screen. AND Kellerman explained that he was saved by people against the company.

Michael and Linc did talk about not being brothers, Michael was saying not to listen to their Mother and that Linc was stuck with him.

And FINALLY, it's not the writers fault "The Final Break" is going straight to DVD, from what I've heard they wanted it to be aired but FOX said they had made too many episodes, so really they writers are doing a good thing by giving us this extra bit of closure so we can see exactly what happened after they were free.

SpencerREid

[30]May 17, 2009
    staind47 wrote:
    I love(d) Prison Break....but I hate the ending. Having a genuis who escapes death, bullets, madmen for four seasons die of a brain tumor in a flash forward right at the end is.....well, stupid. The writers probably didn't want the whole happy ending thing but it still could've been bittersweet without him dying. And why would anyone buy the 'Prison Break - Final Break' dvd coming out when we all know the main character dies? The ending was just redundant and put in for dramatic effect, since it would be the last twist they can throw at the audience.

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!
    Besides I think it was a slap in the face to all the faithful fans who loved Michael as a character and for those fans who supported Michael and Sara as a couple.
    Why leave so many fans disappointed when all the fans could have been pleased with a different ending. I'm sure that even the fans who liked the ending and were ok with Michael dying( I totally respect that!!!)would have been fine too if he had lived.
    So why this ending??? I really don't get it. The writers were supposedly trying to please all loyal fans. Well this loyal fan was not pleased. I'm glad at least some fans were.

Kon-El_Prime

[31]May 18, 2009

I have never posted here before but i have watched every single episode of prison break since it came on air. And anyone whosays tthe last 2 season especially the series finale wasn't crap..then there's something wrong with you.

I have never laughed so hard at someones bad acting. Don self..in the hospital bed after getting the shot..and they did the close up of his face..i seriously laughed out loud. And the scene when the bomb went off..and they showed michels mom on the ground..i went..i swear to god if they do the finger twitch thing i'm gonna punch something...and sure enough they did.

I'm not gonna go through everything that was bad about the last episode because i'd be here all night. The fact that they killed off micheal..was just...wow you people (the writers) are retarded. He didn't die saving his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn son. he didn't die helping his friend. he didn't die saving his brother life. No they did all of that...they killed him for no reason once so ever. They took this man..and gave him a meaningless death and left his wife a widow and his son fatherless...and lol for what. He just dies..thats it...he's dead..really. And the editing..lol am i the only one who noticed that in some scenes sucre was bald..and in others he had hair.

WezzyV

[32]May 18, 2009
    Kon-El_Prime wrote:

I have never posted here before but i have watched every single episode of prison break since it came on air. And anyone whosays tthe last 2 season especially the series finale wasn't crap..then there's something wrong with you.

I have never laughed so hard at someones bad acting. Don self..in the hospital bed after getting the shot..and they did the close up of his face..i seriously laughed out loud. And the scene when the bomb went off..and they showed michels mom on the ground..i went..i swear to god if they do the finger twitch thing i'm gonna punch something...and sure enough they did.

I'm not gonna go through everything that was bad about the last episode because i'd be here all night. The fact that they killed off micheal..was just...wow you people (the writers) are retarded. He didn't die saving his pregnant girlfriend and his unborn son. he didn't die helping his friend. he didn't die saving his brother life. No they did all of that...they killed him for no reason once so ever. They took this man..and gave him a meaningless death and left his wife a widow and his son fatherless...and lol for what. He just dies..thats it...he's dead..really. And the editing..lol am i the only one who noticed that in some scenes sucre was bald..and in others he had hair.

Opinions?

Oh, and Self was having a heart attack due to too much blood or something... we can only hope you have a heart attack, take a pictureof your face for us, and show us all so we can all have a great big laugh...

Also, just because you predicted some things, the finger twitch for example, doesn't mean it's "Bad Acting".

Buhl9

[33]May 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    Kon-El_Prime wrote:

Idk why, I cried during the end of the show, but when I just read your post, I busted out laughing. It's true. Hhaahahhaa. Oh man.

Oh, and if I see the Final Break DVD and Michael ends up living, I'm gonna throw up. It's been done, people, give it a rest. Sheesh. If he's gonna die, let him die, leave him buried.

dragancce

[34]May 18, 2009
    Buhl9 wrote:
    Kon-El_Prime wrote:

You are apsolutly right not just tha last episode every episode from the meddle of secund season, thay just killing it and killing it and killing it. I sad somewhere that i wouldnt be suprise if they put michael cat and she knows the whole scyla secret. I have to say one thingh, i dont remember which episode michael and link are locked in hotel police on every flore they blowup the fridge and than some general friend shows up and next scene is in the generals apartment. HAHAHAHAHAAH, imbecil, you have imbecil script the only reason is to make more money and more money. I relly hope that this is the end of this stupid show.

WezzyV

[35]May 18, 2009
    dragancce wrote:
    Buhl9 wrote:
    Kon-El_Prime wrote:

You are apsolutly right not just tha last episode every episode from the meddle of secund season, thay just killing it and killing it and killing it. I sad somewhere that i wouldnt be suprise if they put michael cat and she knows the whole scyla secret. I have to say one thingh, i dont remember which episode michael and link are locked in hotel police on every flore they blowup the fridge and than some general friend shows up and next scene is in the generals apartment. HAHAHAHAHAAH, imbecil, you have imbecil script the only reason is to make more money and more money. I relly hope that this is the end of this stupid show.

I think it's quite clear it is the end... don't trouble your mind any further.

RagingNaruto

[36]May 18, 2009
    cutiepugs wrote:

Maybe it's just wishful thinking, but we don't know that Michael is dead. No one saw him die...just a headstone. How many people have been "dead" on this show only to show up again later. Christina, Kellerman, Sarah, etc.

That's the theory I'm going to use to delude myself into believing it was a happy ending.

I think I'm going to use this theory too, heck he's defiantly not dead, they'll explain it in the 2 hour dvd episode, I know it, I just won't watch it or read anything about it. Why wasn't L.J at the headstone?
    Edited on 05/18/2009 9:34am

Falcondude123

[37]May 18, 2009
    • level: 10
    Wow I don't think I've ever posted in this forum.
    Look, I got lost during the 3rd season, then I came back at the beginning of this one, because it actually felt like a brand new show.

Then Don Self went bad, and so did the show.

I never liked Self alot, but I always knew where he stood. And then, out of nowhere, right when it's over, he is a bad guy. C'mone!!

So then the show pulls Mommy out of it's hat, and suddenly family is involved in evil conspiracies, too. Give me a break.

But this ending wasn't half bad.

I think the fact that Michael died is a perfect ending. It turns the whole series from a series of unfortunate events into a chronicle of Michael Scofield's life.

Great final touch.

LoUd3

[38]May 18, 2009
    • level: 2
    I find the ending with Michael dying somewhat beautiful in all its simplicity. Aside from that I think it was a quiet lame ending. I wish that I would have been really emotional touched to the fact that this was the very end to a show I've been following for so long. Sadly though it feels like quiet a relief that it's finally over. Thanks to the fact that many of the last episodes feels rushed and repeated.
    Edited on 05/18/2009 11:43am

peak_a_bu

[39]May 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    hated that killed off Michaelwould rathr have seen t-bag dead, it would have been nice to see michael as a father.

abdoo_smokii

[40]May 18, 2009
    the ending realllly sucks i hated . why michel died , all that work and he got that bad died never gona watch pb again really