Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

How did Gretchen fake Sara's head in a box?!

banana_girl

[1]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 4
    I didn't see a discussion on this so I thought I'd start one (Sorry if this has already been discussed).

So, how on earth did Gretchen fake Sara's head? Sure, it was dark and Linc didn't pick it up to examine it closely, but from what we saw on screen it sure did look like Sara's head. So how did she do it? Did she cut the head off some random woman? Or is it made of plastic? It really is a stretch to say she fabricated the whole thing without any explaination of how (other than the fact that it was dark etc.)

What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sister_Marry

[2]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 3

I think that was somebody elses head. But I guess we'll learn more on that issue in the episodes to come.

But Gretchen told Michael that Linc saw "a cadaver" - so the plastic head is out of the picture for me. The head that was in the box did not really look like Sara, though there was a slight resemblence (very convenient for the turnover we have now )

IdiotBoxx

[3]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 10

banana_girl wrote:
    I didn't see a discussion on this so I thought I'd start one (Sorry if this has already been discussed). So, how on earth did Gretchen fake Sara's head? Sure, it was dark and Linc didn't pick it up to examine it closely, but from what we saw on screen it sure did look like Sara's head. So how did she do it? Did she cut the head off some random woman? Or is it made of plastic? It really is a stretch to say she fabricated the whole thing without any explaination of how (other than the fact that it was dark etc.) What do you think?

Sara escaped, so Gretchen took a head from a cadaver. I doubt we'll get any further explanation on who's head was really in the box. I think they are just going to leave it at that. We only saw it for a few seconds. I think Sara's character was supposed to be written out of the show, but because of the fans not liking how she was killed off she was brought back. Just a guess.

If you look at the head it really doesn't look exactly like her or at least its hard to tell. I think that Linc and the TV audience only believes it was Sara's head, because we told it was by Gretchen. Since it sort of looks like Sara we believe it.

Edited on 09/09/2008 7:01am
    Edited 2 total times.

TAndrews82

[4]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 6
    IdiotBoxx wrote:

banana_girl wrote:
    I didn't see a discussion on this so I thought I'd start one (Sorry if this has already been discussed). So, how on earth did Gretchen fake Sara's head? Sure, it was dark and Linc didn't pick it up to examine it closely, but from what we saw on screen it sure did look like Sara's head. So how did she do it? Did she cut the head off some random woman? Or is it made of plastic? It really is a stretch to say she fabricated the whole thing without any explaination of how (other than the fact that it was dark etc.) What do you think?

Sara escaped, so Gretchen took a head from a cadaver. I doubt we'll get any further explanation on who's head was really in the box. I think they are just going to leave it at that. We only saw it for a few seconds. I think Sara's character was supposed to be writing out of the show, but because of the fans not liking how she was killed off she was brought back. Just a guess.

If you look at the head it really doesn't look exactly like her or at least its hard to tell. I think that Linc and the TV audience only believes it was Sara's head, because we told it was by Gretchen. Since it sort of looks like Sara we believe it.

Easy...in season 3 episode One Linc went to the morge to identify sara, only it was not her, but was very similar...so the company could have easily gotton a hold of this women's body

danharr

[5]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 45
    Is it really that hard to find someone who looks like someone else and cut their head off? With the companies resources would it really be that hard really?

thewiseonechris

[6]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 8

TAndrews82 wrote:
    Easy...in season 3 episode One Linc went to the morge to identify sara, only it was not her, but was very similar...so the company could have easily gotton a hold of this women's body

Yeah during one interview someone from the crew said it was that girl

vishus1990

[7]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    danharr wrote:
    Is it really that hard to find someone who looks like someone else and cut their head off? With the companies resources would it really be that hard really?

In my opinion, it is a bit silly that they could find someone so close to looking like Sara.

vishus1990

[8]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 15
    IdiotBoxx wrote:
    Sara escaped, so Gretchen took a head from a cadaver. I doubt we'll get any further explanation on who's head was really in the box. I think they are just going to leave it at that. We only saw it for a few seconds. I think Sara's character was supposed to be writing out of the show, but because of the fans not liking how she was killed off she was brought back. Just a guess.

X2. Pretty much what I was going to say.

thewiseonechris

[9]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 8

It was originally sarah's head in the box. They killed her character off but then fans raised so much cain that they decided to revive her character and made up an explanation as to how her character is still alive.

I think on some level they always left it kinda broad just in case they decided to bring her back. Like how they wrote LJ to say that he was blindfolded and only heard, not saw.

Holtsav

[10]Sep 9, 2008
    The whole "Sara is back"-thing is a f*cking b*llsh*t. And what did Lincoln to that box with that head? Did he simple leave it in the garage? Heh? Oh, of course, the explanation of it would be too difficult.

TAndrews82

[11]Sep 9, 2008
    Holtsav wrote:
    The whole "Sara is back"-thing is a f*cking b*llsh*t. And what did Lincoln to that box with that head? Did he simple leave it in the garage? Heh? Oh, of course, the explanation of it would be too difficult.

Why does it matter?, what would you do with it? Hang it above your fireplace? Stop complaining and crying like a 4 year old about it and either watch the show and like it or watch something else

TAndrews82

[12]Sep 9, 2008
    Holtsav wrote:

In addition I already gave the logical explanation, in which the writers assume thier fans are smart enough to figure this out.....in season 3 episode One Linc went to the morge to identify sara, only it was not her, but was very similar...so the company could have easily gotton a hold of this women's body...We don't need EVERY detail shown...cause if you do than we GOTTA see him take a dump, because we are not smart enough to figure out he does it off screen?, people have to use half a brain and think a little

Holtsav

[13]Sep 9, 2008
    In spite of everything, in my opinion that was the worst "dead man coming back"-thing in a tv-show since the Dallas, and the show would go to the deep. That should have finished after two seasons. Excuse me for everybody for my sincerely.
    Edited on 09/09/2008 11:05am
    Edited 2 total times.

love24

[14]Sep 9, 2008
    Holtsav wrote:
    In spite of everything, in my opinion that was the worst "dead man coming back"-thing in a tv-show since the Dallas, and the show would go to the deep. That should have finished after two seasons. Excuse me for everybody for my sincerely.

Oh just go now

phallica

[15]Sep 9, 2008
    • level: 7

Well, Linc said he only glimpsed it, before turning away in disgust...if the head belonged to someone with roughly the same appearance as Sara, and taking into account decomposition and so on, then surely it's not that hard to believe he would think it was her head?

Also, it's a show, they're allowed to do these things. Such is the point of fiction.

Holtsav

[16]Sep 10, 2008

Lincoln is a hard man, or isn´t he? A hard man, who helped at his father´s funeral with his own hands. It´s pretty hard to believe such a man put back the cap of the box quickly and run back into the hotel room like a scaried little child. And how the hell Gretchen knew Lincoln won´t see better the head? And where she knew Sara won´t make to Lincoln know she´s alive? I say all that is a confused hotchpotch.

Edited on 09/10/2008 10:05am
    Edited 2 total times.

banana_girl

[17]Sep 15, 2008
    I already knew that Sara was supposed to be killed off in Season 3 because of her pregnancy and contract issues etc. I was merely asking how Gretchen could fake her head now that it isn't actually her head (which it was supposed to be in Season 3 due to the fact that it is Sara's head!).

I liked Saras character, I just hate how they've brought her back from the dead when it was clearly her head Season 3, and how they've explained that it was what... a cadaver??? So Gretchen went to the morgue and cut off the head of a dead body that just looked the spitting image of Sara?? Yes, yes, I know it's fiction, but come on!

Sister_Marry

[18]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 3
    Don't forget that they managed to fake Steadman's body and even the exhumation could't prove it's not him. So I guess getting into a morgue and taking whatever from there isn't a problem for the Company and Gretchen in our case

akamidnight

[19]Sep 15, 2008
    • level: 13
    What I'm confused about is the fact that Gretchen said she had to fake Sara's death because she escaped, but in Sara's flashbacks, it looks like she beheaded a woman right in front of Sara... Didn't she?

banana_girl

[20]Sep 15, 2008
    akamidnight wrote:
    What I'm confused about is the fact that Gretchen said she had to fake Sara's death because she escaped, but in Sara's flashbacks, it looks like she beheaded a woman right in front of Sara... Didn't she?

Hmm... I'm not sure. But that's another thing - how on earth did Sara manage to escape?