Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

How many seasons?

How many seasons should PB have?

[1]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 8
    I think season 1 was best and it's gotten worse from there, I might be in the ultra extreme minority,, but i was just curious what everyone else thought
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

D-DawgMan1

[2]Jun 12, 2008
    • level: 49

You're not alone. I feel the same way too. Although with more time, I think the 3rd season could have been better but the stupid strike made it rushed.

Season 1 was the best because it had the adrenaline rush. It was so good.

Season 2 was good. The only issues I had was that you always knew which one of the Fox River 8 would get taken down. It got boring after awhile. I mean, I knew it would have been Abruzzi, Tweener, and Haywire. The rest were safe so it wasn't all that fun.

Season 3: Like I said, it was rushed. The escape could have been more intense but it wasn't. And to even consider killing Sara was a dumb move.

Season 4: It has the potential to be good. DON'T BLOW IT!

dimushi

[3]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 17
    Keep 'em coming!
    Edited on 06/13/2008 2:39am

therockstop

[4]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 14
    I am just getting ready to start this series. I here it is good so I hope I am not disappointed.

avi01

[5]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 26
    therockstop wrote:
    I am just getting ready to start this series. I here it is good so I hope I am not disappointed.

you won`t I guarantee.

JagsFan1

[6]Jun 13, 2008
    WOW!!!!!!! another PB bashing Thread forget the haters. Prison Break should be own as long as the writers,Producers, & Fox wants it on & ratings stay up me personally I feel te same way about PB since the Pilot. All I care about right now is that theres going to be a Season 4 nothing else.

slick14805

[7]Jun 13, 2008
    • level: 19
    I think the show has gas remaining until Season 5.

Kadodian

[8]Jun 15, 2008
    • level: 23
    Six seasons would be good for Prison Break. Most shows go down hill after five seasons bit it would be cool if PB had 6 seasons.

JagsFan1

[9]Jun 16, 2008
    Kadodian wrote:
    Six seasons would be good for Prison Break. Most shows go down hill after five seasons bit it would be cool if PB had 6 seasons.

Yes it would I beleve PB has some Gas left for a 5th or 6th season.

jacobp76

[10]Jun 17, 2008
    • level: 31
    IMO you can't really say this until you see how the storyline goes. If it's slow and boring it should be stopped, and if it's just constant entertainment (like always) it should just continue to go on until the story completes.

RTTV989

[11]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 21
    Kadodian wrote:
    I agree six sounds good.

vishus1990

[12]Jun 19, 2008
    • level: 15
    4-5 will be likely in my opinion, dont think they will go over 5 imo.

DeSilent1

[13]Jul 4, 2008
    • level: 2

Five seasons of Prison Break sounds good to me.

Season 1 was the absolute best of the rest and hopefully stays that way. This was where Prison Break was born and grew from there.

Season 2 continues where Season 1 left off with more action and adventure. Not as cleverly played like Season 1 but was still overall awesome.

Season 3 plays like Season 1 only in a different prison filled with more aggressive and violent cons stuck there with no way out.

Season 4 I can only hope for the best.

Season 5 Depends on how Season 4 turns out.

UncleMatt

[14]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 5
    RTTV989 wrote:
    Kadodian wrote:
    I agree six sounds good.
    Thats what the producers and writers originally set out for. They mapped out 3 Chapters (6 Seasons), 2 Seasons per chapter. And they obviously made alot of changes and improvised/altered when they saw fit (like when they had to no choice but to kill off certain characters). I think with the creative minds of the men behind Prison Break, they can certainly make 3 more seasons. That is just ME, but it all has to do with viewers and ratings. If theres a lot of downfalls in them two categories, of course it won't last long. Meh, enough of my ranting. Wentworth said that his gut feeling is telling him that this season (Season 4) will be the last, but he will be more than happy to go on for another season or two.
    Edited on 07/06/2008 8:14pm

jacobp76

[15]Jul 6, 2008
    • level: 31
    UncleMatt wrote:
    RTTV989 wrote:
    Kadodian wrote:
    I agree six sounds good.
    Thats what the producers and writers originally set out for. They mapped out 3 Chapters (6 Seasons), 2 Seasons per chapter. And they obviously made alot of changes and improvised/altered when they saw fit (like when they had to no choice but to kill off certain characters). I think with the creative minds of the men behind Prison Break, they can certainly make 3 more seasons. That is just ME, but it all has to do with viewers and ratings. If theres a lot of downfalls in them two categories, of course it won't last long. Meh, enough of my ranting. Wentworth said that his gut feeling is telling him that this season (Season 4) will be the last, but he will be more than happy to go on for another season or two.

Yeah if the series were to end this season I wouldn't know what to do. Six sounds quite alright at the moment, I'll judge that though when I see season 4.

Caspian121

[16]Jul 9, 2008
    • level: 2

Two. That was what they said. Season 1 was the setup and escape, Season 2 was on the run and the solution.

It's not that they can't make exciting episodes anymore, because they can, it just doesn't work all meshed together. They should have concluded it like they promised, and then maybe a year down the road started a spinoff series. They could have even used the same characters. You know, like after a quiet year or so of chilling at the surf shop, something happens that would start a new storyline. The idea of the "3 chapters" is flawed because it cheapens the storylines of each chapter. This is because you know all the work they do in the current chapter is futile because there will just be another BFP{Big F^^king Problem} that will arise instantaneously to make everything that has happened so far seem pointless. This show was about Linc being set up, and saving him. That was the core story, and now, it has been dimiished to BFP 1.

Plus, it's so ridiculous that literaly hours after the Linc story was ended the new, bizzare plot was abruptly sprung into place, totally ruining a long-awaited event that should have brought some modicum of satisfaction to both the characters and the fans. And the set up to the new plot was really obviously developed at the last minute. Surprisingly contrived and nonsensical from a team of writers who gave us the two phenomenol seaons and a plot that should have ended when it was planned to.

UncleMatt

[17]Jul 10, 2008
    Caspian121 wrote:

Two. That was what they said. Season 1 was the setup and escape, Season 2 was on the run and the solution.

It's not that they can't make exciting episodes anymore, because they can, it just doesn't work all meshed together. They should have concluded it like they promised, and then maybe a year down the road started a spinoff series. They could have even used the same characters. You know, like after a quiet year or so of chilling at the surf shop, something happens that would start a new storyline. The idea of the "3 chapters" is flawed because it cheapens the storylines of each chapter. This is because you know all the work they do in the current chapter is futile because there will just be another BFP{Big F^^king Problem} that will arise instantaneously to make everything that has happened so far seem pointless. This show was about Linc being set up, and saving him. That was the core story, and now, it has been dimiished to BFP 1.

Plus, it's so ridiculous that literaly hours after the Linc story was ended the new, bizzare plot was abruptly sprung into place, totally ruining a long-awaited event that should have brought some modicum of satisfaction to both the characters and the fans. And the set up to the new plot was really obviously developed at the last minute. Surprisingly contrived and nonsensical from a team of writers who gave us the two phenomenol seaons and a plot that should have ended when it was planned to.

They obviously weren't going to tell the public their plan to make 6 seasons, that was what they said in the Season 1 DVD about their original plans for the show. They had 6 seasons worth of good stuff. And from watching the show, I see Big F***ing Problems in every episode just about. By the end of each episode some problems are solved and some are left for other episodes.

I didn't think the Whistler plot that was placed at the end of season 2 was a bad idea, again thats just my opinion. I mean, since it took a crap load for the company to try to kill the brothers, so why not kill one and make the other complete a task for them that they are good at and perhaps offer them a place in the organization. I mean i don't think the last couple episodes of season 2 could sum up everything and tell you the fate of every single character anyway. That would have be kinda dumb to leave a lot of things untackled. Don't get me wrong, a lot of loose ends WERE tied by Season 2's end, but it would just leave you wanting more having that the end. There was far more things that they could do than just give the good guys a happy ending and put the bad guys where they deserve to be. And anyway, if season 2 would have ended the series I would have been mad that The Company would still be in existence controlling this countries' every move via the president.

Man just talking about it makes me love Season 3 and the idea of Season 4 even more!

Edited on 07/10/2008 12:51pm

efc91

[18]Jul 10, 2008
    • level: 39
    I was hoping season four would be the last just so they dont jump the shark that what I'm worried about with Prison Break.

Pisan4e

[19]Jul 11, 2008
    • level: 4
    Haha I think this season should be the last, BUT considering how much I love the show, they should end this story already (get it over with!) and make a NEW story and a NEW show with a different name, since they won't be breaking out of prison in season 4 (probably).

tvobsessive

[20]Jul 19, 2008

I watched season one and enjoyed it for the most part it was a unique idea and for the most part well written and well acted their was a fantastic sense of tension as Michael worked hard to get his plan up and running and the relationships between the him his brother, Veronica, and LJ as he became a target and began to reconcile with his dad. While On the outside Veronica was the brothers only real ally fighting to prove Linc's innocence Michael falling for and using Sara and using the warden even though he liked him gave him a darker edge than a lot of tv characters.

But after it was given a full season of 22 eps the writers had to stretch things to fill the back nine episodes and some cracks started to show but it was still the best new show that year. So the 1st season finale came and they escaped which the the writers had to have them do as with a 2nd season ordered no one wanted to see the exact same show all over again.

So here's where it all started to come apart, for me anyway it now wasn't prison break it was prison broke as the eight fled and were pursued by a relentless FBI agent it became an updated version of The Fugitive they killed off some of the characters, some who deserved it and one who didn't although it was a shock to witness veronica's murder i don't see why it was necessary or why they felt the need to resurrect Sara after her apparently fatal overdose that should have been the end of her story and everything that happened to her could have been passed to Veronica. I guess they felt the show needed a romance one with obstacles to overcome but i honestly felt it felt tacked on.

So a third of the way in i stopped watching cos it was all getting to improbable and far fetched i tuned in again for the last few episodes but after seeing Kellerman do a complete 180 and seek redemption an interesting idea ruined only by them killing him off. Again a case of a good character being gotten rid of unnecessarily while keeping the one dimensional ones( Sucre, Bellick, and T-Bag)I began to realise i was right it was a good original idea pushed to far with seemingly no real grand plan on how to keep it going as a weekly show so after the season two finale i knew i wouldn't be tuning in for season 3 just to watch Michael inevitably break out of another prison.

My biggest problem with this show though can be summed up in one character T-Bag. Seriously how can anyone find him intimidating with his increasinly annoying southern accent and that name T-bag is not and never will be a frightening name there's no way in a real prison he'd be considered hard he is a joke and one who's worthwhile? should have ended with season one he should have been allowed to bleed to death after losing his hand.

Instead they chose to turn him into some kind of seemingly unstoppable nemesis which is ridiculous, in prison he wasn't frightening on the outside any one of the people he killled would have snapped his scrawny neck. Again after the pointless we're supposed to feel for the deraganged idiot story of him tracking down he women who turned him in and trying to play happy families utter nonsense even the little girl could have overpowered and killed this weedy little lowlife. They could have salvaged some hint of realism and killed him off in the 2nd season finale but no still he's alive and well and going to be in Sona with Michael where he'll no doubt continue to be both pointless and intended to be a major villain. Now i've read that he'll still be around for season four absolutely ridiculous.

I'd have liked to have seen him in the Prison Drama OZ, a show inhabited by some truly frightening and evil characters, weedy little t-bag wouldn't have lasted even one full episode.