Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Is Michael Really Dead?

cube2k8

[21]May 14, 2010
    • level: 14

no he is not dead .

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MaddyPs

[22]Jun 12, 2010
    • level: 1

I totally agree. Since Michael's body is not shown, it can be that they might have just made a memorial stone for him than a tombstone. If writers want a twist they can give a twist. And whatever mixed responses might have been received for season 4, The Final Break compensates for everything. It shows that viewers are still interested to be a part Michael's life and quests. It would be great to see a new season of Prison Break with Michael in it.

MaddyPs

[23]Jun 12, 2010

Yes, of course. A movie would be a better idea. I would like to see others rescuing Michael this time from some terrible scrape.

Slushie

[24]May 31, 2011

Big fan of PB, all the seasons. And they do seem to leave openings, without making contradictions. Like when we found out Sarah didn't die, they didn't do anything in season 3 which really confirmed she did die, so they could bring her back with no contradictions, and without viewers saying "HEY! That doesn't make sense"

Now when I saw the last episode before "The final break" I thought, well, they can't write their way out of this. Micheal is dead, there is his grave, looks like he died from his tumour. Then I saw "The Final Break" and was very happy with the way they played it out. Making it possible to bring Micheal back, and not contradict the previous (last) episode.

We didn't see Kellerman or Sarah die. . . .We didn't see Micheal die. A quick idea which came to my mind is, Micheal didn't die, but was hurt badly, enough to be brought into a coma. (Which doesn't seem to unrealistic given what he did.) Then the FBI or some remnant of the company brought him to some secret facility for one reason or another. (I'm sure a good PB writer could think up a clever reason.) Anyway, he awakes 4 years or so later. (While during his coma-phase a doctor removed the tumour) Then he awakes, and we could either have him find Linc and Sarah and then something interesting could happen, or he could contact Sarah or Linc from the secret facility and him and they have to now break him out of this facility. Or the FBI transfers him to a real prison now that he's awake and goes to prison for breaking Sarah out.

Anyway, it doesn't contradict that last episode. If he was in some facility in a coma, would explain why Linc and Sarah thought he was dead four years later. And because of how "The final break" played out, it shows how that was just a memorial gravestone and no actual body would have been inside it. Micheal being in a coma would also explain why he didn't contact Linc or Sarah.

I know the series is cancelled, but I can look back thinking this was a realistic possibility for a season 5. If Fox had said "We need a Season 5, here's a ton of cash, make it happen." They could have done something like this, and I wouldn't be surprised if the writers had thought of this, and that is why they wrote the final break like they did.

P.S. I also like "mckayang" idea that

"when he went to see the general, the general told him he wanted sara dead because it would pain him until his own death, therefore even if both michael and sara got out, someone would come after sara because michael was still around. i also think mahone was in on it, as michael trusted him with the dvd and the note. i think now the general is dead, it would be safe for michael to show up again because his family would be safe."

This could also be a way of doing it, Micheal fakes his death for four years to save Sarah from possible retaliation. Would actually make so much sense with the whole vibe or PB. Really like this idea as well mckayang.

jharnett93

[26]Jul 28, 2011
    there should be a new prison break series and its michaels son and there are still some people left from the company and the genereal as contacted them as he wants revenge.to get revenge his plan is to set up michaels son. when in prison michaels son plans an escape for a reason and in this series dominic purcell and wentworth miller could be guest stars.what do you prison break fans think ?