Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: "Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number"

claptrapct

[81]May 16, 2009
    • level: 6
    What is the timeline of Prison Break? I was just wondering since Michael died in 2005.

Thanks
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

doodoofan

[83]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    This is an unbelievable, unacceptable and unforgivable ending. I cried when Sara, Linc, Alex and Sucre, and little Mike came to visit him. I don't see the need of killing Michael, he deserves a happy ending like everybody else. I've disappointed in Heroes (for getting worse and worse), disappointed in 24 (for turning you-know-who bad), disappointed in Lost (for killing many characters) but this is the biggest disappointment!

If this is not the final season, I'm sure we'll have the biggest bring-him-back campaign ever!

R.I.P Michael. Love you forever.

umair_23

[84]May 16, 2009
    • level: 12

most of the finale was like any other episode of this season.. some good action and decent drama. all in all quite enjoyable.. but the last 10 minutes of this episode will make this one of the most memorable finales ever. i couldnt have thought of a better fianle my self.

general getting the chair was really ironic.

i felt really sorry for Self.. over the the last few episodes i had started to like him.. he probably deserved better. but karma came back to bite his ass!

Some say T-Bag should have been killed. i think that going to fox river was perfect for him.. cause this way we got to see the prison where it all began..

Kellermen was great in this episode. however i wanted more of him.. was a bit dissapointed. he had very less screan time..

I was spoiler free, so when i saw Michaels grave i was stunned... my jaw dropped and my eyes became teary..

Prison Break has ended, and it has left a space that no show will ever fill..

c00ld0rk

[85]May 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    Cheesy I know.....but that grave still made me freakin' cry man!

walkerdoug

[86]May 16, 2009
    • level: 23
    slyson wrote:

JBentham wrote:

I wasn't really blown away by the conclusion to the scylla plot. Kellerman showing up was a total deus ex machina.

But still, it was cool.

True. Kellerman's all-knowing, overseer role was a bit of a cop-out. The only explanation he gives for how he manages to solve all their **** is, "I work for the same people your farther did". Oh yea and he works for the UN.... since when did the UN have any power? I'd expect better writing from a Dragon Ball Z episode.

gregorysam wrote:

Well I'm probably going to write a review on this episode but there is just so much to say, so much to analysis and so much to think about.

OK, thanks for the heads up, but do us all a favour and re-read what you write next time, asking yourself: "is there a way I could shorten - or even remove that sentence - and still get my point across?". Also, try to make a new paragraph for each new thought/topic. Thx.

robdude123 wrote:

In stories like Death Note and Code Geass (both anime) the main character dies in the end, but they are anti-heroes so I was okay with it, Michael was an old fasioned hero.

I was going to watch Death Note, but I don't think I'll bother now. Ty.

D-DawgMan1 wrote:

Self got what he deserved. He's just a vegetable now. He was "SELF-less" in the first place anyways.

This would have been quite a good play on words, but for the fact that you don't seem to understand the meaning of "selfless".

Merriam-Webster:

self-less: having no concern for self : UNSELFISH

claptrapct wrote:

What is the timeline of Prison Break? I was just wondering since Michael died in 2005.

Thanks

Within a year, I think.

It depends how you look at it. The episode was entitled "Selfless", not because of caring or uncaring, but because he left the group. The point that may be made there is he is no longer himself. So, in some theoretical view he is self-less. Meaning, he has no mental connection with his old self. He's like a reflection in the mirror. Where there are two parts. One, his normal self(the reflection) and one that is him now. Other than that there isn't really a pun. It's up to you to bash the grammatical errors in my statement.

eisa_boy

[87]May 16, 2009
    • level: 7

I loved the ending !!!! they gave the fans what they deserved after watching for 4 years im really glad how everyone ended up except Micheal ofcourse i was really sad but it was kinda appropriate ... i still loved the finale t-bags acting was at its best ! kellerman returning was amazing !! ....the writers did a great job ...bravo

il always remember this show .... cant wait for the final break wana see what they got for us...

Hoogs88

[88]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    This is the only episode of television I have ever seen that made me cry.

slyson

[90]May 16, 2009

walkerdoug wrote:
    slyson wrote:

JBentham wrote:

I wasn't really blown away by the conclusion to the scylla plot. Kellerman showing up was a total deus ex machina.

But still, it was cool.

True. Kellerman's all-knowing, overseer role was a bit of a cop-out. The only explanation he gives for how he manages to solve all their **** is, "I work for the same people your farther did". Oh yea and he works for the UN.... since when did the UN have any power? I'd expect better writing from a Dragon Ball Z episode.

gregorysam wrote:

Well I'm probably going to write a review on this episode but there is just so much to say, so much to analysis and so much to think about.

OK, thanks for the heads up, but do us all a favour and re-read what you write next time, asking yourself: "is there a way I could shorten - or even remove that sentence - and still get my point across?". Also, try to make a new paragraph for each new thought/topic. Thx.

robdude123 wrote:

In stories like Death Note and Code Geass (both anime) the main character dies in the end, but they are anti-heroes so I was okay with it, Michael was an old fasioned hero.

I was going to watch Death Note, but I don't think I'll bother now. Ty.

D-DawgMan1 wrote:

Self got what he deserved. He's just a vegetable now. He was "SELF-less" in the first place anyways.

This would have been quite a good play on words, but for the fact that you don't seem to understand the meaning of "selfless".

Merriam-Webster:

self-less: having no concern for self : UNSELFISH

claptrapct wrote:

Thanks

Within a year, I think.
    It depends how you look at it. The episode was entitled "Selfless", not because of caring or uncaring, but because he left the group. The point that may be made there is he is no longer himself. So, in some theoretical view he is self-less. Meaning, he has no mental connection with his old self. He's like a reflection in the mirror. Where there are two parts. One, his normal self(the reflection) and one that is him now. Other than that there isn't really a pun. It's up to you to bash the grammatical errors in my statement.

Ok, my apologies. I just wanted to go on a roll of trolling.

Edited on 05/16/2009 1:10pm

Slimzz

[91]May 16, 2009
    I was actually sad to see Michael's tombstone... but why its 2005? coz in 2005, they dont have 2008 Corolla Altis, the car Sucre drove in the beginning of season 4...

Ralfberg

[92]May 16, 2009
    • level: 13
    Great finale for the show, but I just hate that Michael died, cmon, they could've ended it without him dying , it would be great too, I just hate those sad moments.

Azz_Kiker

[93]May 16, 2009
    • level: 7
    My God what a horrible finale. How can they kill Michael after all his been through and let that bastard T-Bag live? Guess not all good shows get happy endings.

Loooooooooooost

[94]May 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    At first I was upset that they let T-Bag return to prison. But think about it, T-Bag was the most loved bad guy on the show. People root for him, although he is so despicable. His return to Fox River was to show that that is where he belongs, and letting the fans know he is still alive and on top of his game. Well, in prison that is.

Now for Kellerman, I was very pleased to see he came back. But I find it highly improbable that he is now a congressman. Oh well, little comedy in this drama is ok.

Now my final thought is this, I watched the first season in three days before the second season premier. I am now thankful that I do not have to watch anymore. But it was William Fichtner's reason that I continued watching. I will watch that man eat cereal.

UltraTraveler

[95]May 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    Slimzz wrote:
    I was actually sad to see Michael's tombstone... but why its 2005? coz in 2005, they dont have 2008 Corolla Altis, the car Sucre drove in the beginning of season 4...

The exact same question mark as yours, died in 2005?

vman85

[96]May 16, 2009
    • level: 29

This is like the first time I'm posting a msg on this board for quite a while

I've already reviewed this. But oh well, everything panned out well. The story was wrapped up, it was sad that Micheal had to die We will see what happened in those 4 years. Well the UK will get to see it first
    Kellerman coming into the finale was great to see, along with the re-apperance of C-Note and Sucre
    The General got what he deserved (though I would have loved Micheal to put a bullet in his brain) Christina like-wise, she did get the bullet
    T-Bag went to prison with a gum along the way from Linc

Although this season wasnt the best, but still had great moments and it's sad it's finally come to an end

Soofeos

[97]May 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    Prison Break, may it rest in peace! R.I.P love you all. The tears that falls on my face is for Michael for ever and ever!

ddass28

[98]May 16, 2009
    • level: 4
    speechless... well put and finished.. sad to know scofield died during their 4 years of freedom though

L-O-S-T-F-A-N

[99]May 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    80 hours of my life wasted.

louddiskreet

[100]May 16, 2009
    sad it got over but m glad that it didn't extend to yet another season..........!