Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: "Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number"

XxIcingOnTopxX

[101]May 16, 2009
    • level: 11
    L-O-S-T-F-A-N wrote:
    80 hours of my life wasted.

hey, it wasn't like the creators of Prison Break made you watch it, you had a choice.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nickease

[102]May 16, 2009
    • level: 9
    Is it really that hard to find out what the writers are trying to tell you?

Michael got a nose bleed again, that probably means he dies because of that thing he had, and still has. He died in 2005, because he's already dead for 4 years. (2009 - 4 = 2005). The story about what happened within those four years, will be told in the upcoming movie / extra long episode that's going straight to dvd.

xcstevexc

[103]May 16, 2009
    • level: 1
    He isn't dead. I refuse to believe it even if the DVD proves he is.

RoboAmish

[104]May 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    I suppose they were trying to single Michael out as a kind of tragic hero, who would never get his happy ending. Gives everything but gets nothing back in return. Really rather fitting, though undoubtably a bit frustrating. Cosmic justice, eh?

So, overall it was fantastic and as good a sendoff as I could have hoped really. The cameos were executed well and it was great to finally see Kellerman again. Characters like T-Bag and Mahone came back into their own spectacularly after being sidelined for most of the second run of the season. Everything came full circle in a way that befitted the style and tone of the show, kudos to all invloved.

I'll miss it. This is probably emotion talking, but for now, the finale gets a 10/10

RoboAmish

[105]May 16, 2009
    • level: 18
    http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/05/prison-break-bo.html#more

Obeed

[106]May 16, 2009
    • level: 3

OH MAN!!! I'm still shocked about the ending but I do think it's a perfect ending for an incredible show. I felt like a stone was pressing my heart, I almost cried. I watched it with 14 family and friends; the room was quiet for a few minutes after the image of michael's grave with the origami.

What am I going to do without Prison Break? Since the very beginning back in 2005 I enjoyed watching this show because it was made as a movie. The production values were always high and the characters were awesome. I will never forget them, from Tweener to Haywire, from Gretchen to Bellick and from Kellerman to I think the best "character" prison FOX RIVER. Season 1 was obviously the best (the first season will always have a special place in my heart) with season 2 and 4 following and finally the short but also good third season.

I wish everyone who produced and starred in Prison Break good luck with their new projects and I deeply thank them for 4 years of awesome, mostly nailbiting television.!!!

q8iya2

[107]May 16, 2009
    • level: 4

i cried a lot

i still have tears in my eye

i am so sad

and sorry for michel

and happy for the rest

but i didn't like mahone's choise

i was expecting him going to meet pam

anyway, as long as he's fine

i'm good

i will really miss Prison Break

Bisrossk

[108]May 16, 2009

I thought it was a pretty great ending. Would have been nice to see T-Bag's head get mashed in with that metal bar, but we got to see Kellerman again, so that made up for it.

Not sure I'm up for the movie, though. I love the show, but it was a good ending. I'm not sure I want to see another two hours tacked on with someone going back to prison and the team rallying to get her out. If it was about what Kellermen did while he was away, sure I'd be there. But more prison, and seeing Mike die again... I think I'll pass.

comage

[109]May 16, 2009
    • level: 7

Nobody noticed that when Christina shot Michael in the showdown in the kitchen, the bullet clipped his left shoulder.

And then when Michael was in the room with Paul Kellerman to give him Scylla, he was clutching his right shoulder?

JIMDAWG3025

[110]May 16, 2009
    so i guess we're just supposed to believe that when two company agents, with thier uzi's, shot at kellermen in bus, all the bullets just happened to miss him. and futhermore they decided that since they missed every single shot, they would just walk away and let him do whatever he wanted.

Yehhanyos

[111]May 16, 2009

Generally, I didn't like the ending

I'm not a big fan of tv shows, actually this is one of 3 shows i've watched (and the only one i have finished to the end), so, my opinion might be inaccurate since i don't know how these season finales should be.

Anyway, i wished a finale that had more action and suspense than the one we watched. There is a difference between action and action, you know.. I mean these two episodes aren't as good as 4x4, 4x5, 4x6, 4x8 and Cowboys and Indians. Define good episode? An episode that you want to watch more than once. Now i don't want to watch these two episodes again.. Maybe one more time. EDIT: Yeah, i like how it ended with everybody, but where is the action/suspense? this is not the type of action i expected to watch in these two episodes . As for Michael, i can't believe that he died!!!!! i'm waiting for his return in July's final episodes?????

blueoceanvn wrote:
    Does anyone think that there's a possibility that Michael's death is not real?......... The successor of The Company might want to get hold of him to do their work (yes, a theory)

Your theory makes sense, I hope you are right.

SpencerREid

[112]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8

I was so shocked after watching the episode!!!! Michael dies....!!!!!!!! It ruined the whole show for me......I was hoping to rewatch it but now I just can't..... knowing that Michael dies in the end. The writers not only ended the show but killed it for me. There is no way I'm buying the 4th season DVD..why bother????? I don't think I could EVER rewatch another Prison Break episode. I could handle ANYONE dying but Michael. I'm sure there are many disappointed fans out there. Prison Break is officially over.

Yehhanyos

[113]May 16, 2009

JIMDAWG3025 wrote:
    so i guess we're just supposed to believe that when two company agents, with thier uzi's, shot at kellermen in bus, all the bullets just happened to miss him. and futhermore they decided that since they missed every single shot, they would just walk away and let him do whatever he wanted.
    NO, he said to Michael "I was freed by a group working against the Company" actually that's what i was thinking ever since i saw the van scene. (unlike the majority!!!!! even Michael, lol)

comage wrote:

Nobody noticed that when Christina shot Michael in the showdown in the kitchen, the bullet clipped his left shoulder.

And then when Michael was in the room with Paul Kellerman to give him Scylla, he was clutching his right shoulder?

Yeah, you are right, i just checked, it's a mistake.

Edited on 05/16/2009 7:50pm

KellyKKelly

[114]May 16, 2009
    • level: 8
    Are we sure Michael is really dead?

swassy

[115]May 16, 2009
    • level: 48

I guess like many PB fans, after watching the "finale" last night, I was sad and a bit bitter about the ending.. It wasn't supposed to be like this.

For me the PB ending was with Michael and Sara walking on the beach, with Michael talking about how he's going to be a full-on Dad. Full Stop.

Dark-Messenger

[116]May 16, 2009
    I baww'd like a baby at the end. Everything seems to be wrapped up, though I wonder why there are still two episodes left.

Dexter111

[117]May 16, 2009
    • level: 7

Yeah right, a totally great and awesome episode… AGAIN…

They bring back someone from the dead… again, and not only that but he has "Solution X" to let everyone come clean and everything be great and happy and the world to be a better place for everyone because he's working together with the United Nations now… and who does he hire as his team to accomplish that goal than other (ex)-prisoners from Fox River, because they CAN!

Michael & Lincoln get found and shot at several times by company operatives, his mom, the police etc. to increase the tension because someone "left his phone" on or whatever lame reason they could think of after a whole government and Special Forces wasn't able to find and capture them for a season all over the US.

Michaels plans seem to range between "blow up" (twice) and "climb a building freehand while planting a distraction and hope that the one you're looking there is still there and is only guarded by an unarmed and rather inept guy by now (and have nothing of the contemplative/logical genius he was supposed to be) and even the ending was cheesy ^2, aside from Michael dying (that was just unnecessary and probably just there to increase sales on whatever else they planned I read about here) but know what? I couldn't have cared less, in fact by this point in the show I couldn't have cared less if they all died in a plane crash and the general took a wizz over their graves because the writing and the plot got extremely horrible, the characters unbelievable, pointless and even somewhat "uncharacteristic", their decisions and actions (or in-actions) more retarded by the minute and the whole show just downhill for me during the whole 3rd and 4th season, I was just glad it's finally over… (Not saying I thought it was ALL bad, a large part of the acting was great (love Purcell since John Doe & Knepper was pretty solid throughout), they just didn't have much left to work with in the end with chasms of faulty plot points around Michael being the only one being able to get stuff done even though he's working for people with near limitless ressources, the whole company/Scylla/walking dead thing and all that I couldn't overlook...)

Especially the 3rd season (which I regard as the worst) was full of it in that regard, an organization wants to get someone out of a Mexican prison, they have choppers, arms, and army, money & influence and all that and the best way to accomplish that is to put Michael under duress? Not to mention the guy gets shot out of the blue one episode later and didn't seem to be worth that much at all...

Now would they have just ended the show after the first or at the latest the 2nd season I would've probably praised it to high heavens, because especially the first had a great characterization, plot and all around believability and suspense like few others (Dexter springs in mind) and I couldn't wait for the next episode, but in my eyes they just stretched it out too long and somewhere along the line it got sour, putrid and smelly while I couldn't stop watching and hoping for an ending sooner rather than later…

Good Riddance. Please don't come AGAIN…

Edited on 05/16/2009 10:16pm

apjccjqa

[118]May 16, 2009
    Really? Some of you can't stand the whole series now because you know michael dies? It takes away from the fact that during the whole series he made sacrifice after sacrifice to save the ones he loves as well as our country, and though he dies he finally succeeds in saving his loved ones and the country? Him dying wasn't worth all the good he did? Come on, it was a pretty good ending, and seeing how happy everyone else ended up being (except self but who cares) and how they all still miss and love michael..i thought it was a good ending. i'll rewatch the series for sure. He fought to save his brother, sarah, his friends - and he succeeded. Story tied up

kaushik_r

[119]May 17, 2009
    Be the change you want to see in the world.

Beautifully said. Michael was the change in the worlds of so many people in the show as well as in real life.

Would have loved to see him live but I guess the show leaves more of an impact and occupies a spot in all Prison Break fan's hearts for ever with his death. Great ending to a great show.

What was that scar they show on Sarah's shoulder by the way?

Geeum69

[120]May 17, 2009
    • level: 5

Can someone tell in what episode kellerman supposedly dies ? I would like to see it again because I can't recall how that happens, and if it's possible for him not to die.

About the ending, what I think is that Michael dying from his nose bleeding doesn't make sense. First of all, I don't see how you can 'polongate' he's illness. Second of all, I'm sure that with scylla and all the medical advances in it, plus the new connections they have (Kellerman and that black fellow from the UN) he should have been able to get proper medical care (after all, they all owe michael). Last thing, as someone stated, Cristina had this and obviously got cured so there is a cure ...

All this makes me think that either Michael isn't dead, or he died from something else. Geeuum

Edited on 05/17/2009 2:01am