Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: "Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number"

avi01

[121]May 17, 2009
    • level: 26
    Geeum69 wrote:

Can someone tell in what episode kellerman supposedly dies ? I would like to see it again because I can't recall how that happens, and if it's possible for him not to die. Geeuum

season finale of season 2..Sona. It was shot for various interpretations.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JanineTheRipper

[122]May 17, 2009
    • level: 3
    Only one thing I can say: "Why?"

serpentslair645

[123]May 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    It was a great ending. Closure for all characters, except Michael. But I think him dying is rather fitting, he is a tragic hero. I`m sure we`ll know more about his death in the upcoming extras.

Make no mistake about it, everyone was happy in the end. Michael and Sara are not together but she has her son and they all looked happy.

But no need to hate everything just because of that. It`s ok to be angry but I`ve just read a review about someone who destroy all his pb dvds cause they killed Michael, how ridiculous.

vera203

[124]May 17, 2009
    there is one thing i didn't understand, must have missed something. How did Linc know that Sarah was pregnant, as he told Michael on the phone. And how did he know that the general was holding Sarah as leverage when he was already taken by Christina?

poiwoman20

[125]May 17, 2009
    • level: 1
    Hello!! The series ends in season 4??

serpentslair645

[126]May 17, 2009
    vera203 wrote:
    there is one thing i didn't understand, must have missed something. How did Linc know that Sarah was pregnant, as he told Michael on the phone. And how did he know that the general was holding Sarah as leverage when he was already taken by Christina?

Michael told Linc that the General had Sara. And Christina told Linc he will be an Uncle.

poiwoman20 wrote:
    Hello!! The series ends in season 4??

yes.

Stefan8

[127]May 17, 2009
    • level: 2

This whole season was terrible, the ridiculus Scylla storyline, the stupid new characters (especially Michaels mother, so annoying), the lack of adrenaline, etc. The last 5 minutes were ok and made me think of the first season, when Prison Break was still a great show. It was like the writers totally forgot how to make an interesting story. Kellerman suddenly popped op out of nowhere and everything is fine. Oh, and Michael dies. How sad.

The show should've ended much sooner, the last two seasons were unnecessary.

Positive points of this episode: Mahone (as always), seeing Sucre and C-Note

Negative points of this episode: everything else (Krantz, Christina, T-Bags story was stupid, the comeback of Kellerman, the conclusion of the Scylla storyline, Michael dying).

poiwoman20

[128]May 17, 2009
    Are you sure that the show should've ended much sooner??It's true that Season 4 has yet 2 episodes??episode 23 "The Old Ball and Chain" and episode 24 "Free"

poiwoman20

[129]May 17, 2009
    Please reply..

Pet_Petra

[130]May 17, 2009
    • level: 17

poiwoman20 wrote:
    Are you sure that the show should've ended much sooner??It's true that Season 4 has yet 2 episodes??episode 23 "The Old Ball and Chain" and episode 24 "Free"

Nope, I don't think so. Friday's episodes were the series finale.

It's all over, at least for TV anyway. I think it's wrapped up nicely.

Yehhanyos

[131]May 17, 2009

poiwoman20 wrote:
    Are you sure that the show should've ended much sooner??
    IMO, YES. Specifically after s04e12 AKA "Selfless" It would have made more sense if they had finished it after this episode. Anyone agrees? If you review season 4, you will see that the episodes were GREAT and have a lot of action/suspense until 4x8 basically after they killed Wyatt. But i said it's ok, if they were going after Scylla. that made sense. but Self's double cross was absolutely unnecessary. And all those episodes after 4x12 were like crap. except 2-3 episodes/scenes (Cowboys and Indians one of them ofcourse). The second ending scenario should have been made after season 2 BUT honestly i didn't want them to end the show afetr S2 :p

poiwoman20 wrote:
    It's true that Season 4 has yet 2 episodes??episode 23 "The Old Ball and Chain" and episode 24 "Free"
    Yeah, if you review this thread back, you will see someone has posted a link that talks about those episodes. Also according to IMDB.

Edited on 05/17/2009 6:08am

serpentslair645

[132]May 17, 2009
    poiwoman20 wrote:

2 extras that takes place before the event of the end of series. It`s a standalone adventure. Supposed to be a direct to dvd release but it will air in UK in 2 weeks.

vera203

[133]May 17, 2009
    thanx for posting

kaushik_r

[134]May 17, 2009

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Prison-Break-finale-1006122.aspx.

The executive produces Matt Olmstead answers some questions which might be eating you alive.

poiwoman20

[135]May 17, 2009
    Thanks for response Pet_Petra,Yehhanyos and serpentslair645!
    I am very very very sad..I want more Prison Break..I love Prison break..

Geeum69

[136]May 17, 2009
    • level: 5
    avi01 wrote:
    Geeum69 wrote:

Can someone tell in what episode kellerman supposedly dies ? I would like to see it again because I can't recall how that happens, and if it's possible for him not to die. Geeuum

season finale of season 2..Sona. It was shot for various interpretations.

Well I just watched that again and it just doesn't make sense. Because there is 2 options:

- the people with the machine guns are bad guys (the company) that fear it might speak too much -> they kill him

- the people with the machine gunsare good guys (the ones michaels father worked for) in this case why would they shoot the police man in the van ? There was no need for that (and don't tell me they shot blanks or they shot on the side because it just doesn't make sense)

Of course you could say they are bad guys that kidnap him (for what ?) and then he got away but come on ...

There probably an explanation to this but I can't see it. Anyone ?

Geeum

Edited on 05/17/2009 7:07am

poiwoman20

[137]May 17, 2009
    Thanks kaushik_r!!

VanGriffin

[138]May 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    Stefan8 wrote:

This whole season was terrible, the ridiculus Scylla storyline, the stupid new characters (especially Michaels mother, so annoying), the lack of adrenaline, etc. The last 5 minutes were ok and made me think of the first season, when Prison Break was still a great show. It was like the writers totally forgot how to make an interesting story. Kellerman suddenly popped op out of nowhere and everything is fine. Oh, and Michael dies. How sad.

The show should've ended much sooner, the last two seasons were unnecessary.

Positive points of this episode: Mahone (as always), seeing Sucre and C-Note

Negative points of this episode: everything else (Krantz, Christina, T-Bags story was stupid, the comeback of Kellerman, the conclusion of the Scylla storyline, Michael dying).

I Agree they skewered the the whole point of Prison Break. The last 2 seasons? If you Panama (3rd). It was original. I know Scrylla was sort of inept story, since Kellerman exonerated Michael and Linc at Saras trial, wasy back end of season 2. Since you dont see the Company actually kill Kellerman, his return is believable. Nice to see C-Note back. What ruined the final episode is the Tombstone. After 4 seasons what a crummy ending.

dmn99se

[139]May 17, 2009
    Show should have ended once they escaped from Prison, hence the name of the show, but oh well at least it's over with

Bisrossk

[140]May 17, 2009
    • level: 9
    Geeum69 wrote:

- the people with the machine gunsare good guys (the ones michaels father worked for) in this case why would they shoot the police man in the van ? There was no need for that (and don't tell me they shot blanks or they shot on the side because it just doesn't make sense)

But how else were they supposed to free him from police custody? It was an armed escourt they were taking him from. Plus, these are ex-Company operatives who've decided to try and take down their former employers, they're certainly not "good guys".

Plus, it's Prison Break. If Kellermen had risen from the ground as a zombie, it'd still be plausible compared to most of the storylines.