Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Official Discussion Thread: "Rate of Exchange/Killing Your Number"

starkwud

[141]May 17, 2009
    • level: 2
    This show has a lot of moral questions. And now it looks like that even if you are professional killer you can be a senator, or be pardoned like T-Bag (who deserved chair) and Mahone.
    Anyway, Micheal died, it's sad, but maybe he deserved. T-Bag was released from prison because of Micheal. Micheal is also responsable for a lot of deads. But from "Jack Bauer" view, he sacfifice a few to save a millions by destroyng the company.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

rsnones

[142]May 17, 2009
    • level: 11
    The series finale is sad but excellent!!!

umair_23

[143]May 17, 2009
    • level: 12
    can anyone tell me the name of the song that was playing at the end?

avi01

[144]May 17, 2009
    • level: 26
    umair_23 wrote:
    can anyone tell me the name of the song that was playing at the end?

Lay It Down By Spiritualized

rainman71

[145]May 17, 2009
    • level: 5
    was any one else upset that they had michael die in the end? i mean come on whats the purpose there?

CorrosiveMan

[146]May 17, 2009
    • level: 3

Maybe this as a really stupid question, but who is Danny Hill ?

At the end, there is this woman saying she is Danny Hill's widow then she spit in the face of Kellerman.
    I can't find the answer anywhere.
    Its not even there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prison_Break_characters#Secondary_characters

Thanks

avi01

[147]May 17, 2009
    CorrosiveMan wrote:

Maybe this as a really stupid question, but who is Danny Hill ?

At the end, there is this woman saying she is Danny Hill's widow then she spit in the face of Kellerman.
    I can't find the answer anywhere.
    Its not even there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Prison_Break_characters#Secondary_characters

Thanks

Danny HALE was Kellerman`s partner in season 1. His conscious came in the way and K-Man had to eliminate him.

tommy_070

[148]May 17, 2009
    • level: 14

I really, really loved these two final episodes. I think it was a worthy and beautiful ending to show that I have been following since its very beginning. I have lost count of how many times I have rewatched Season 1, and I think I speak for all when I say that that really was Prison Break at its best. That being said, I have enjoyed all of the other seasons as well, and I think that four seasons was a natural ending point for this series.

To talk a bit more about the Finale, I had quite unwillingly stumbled upon a spoiler revealing the death of Michael beforehand. My initial thoughts on this were ambivalent if anything, and it was with some doubt in my mind that I turned on the last episode we'll ever see of Prison Break (beside "The Final Break"). My doubts were completely unjustified though, the last ten minutes of the final episode were done with brilliance. It was clearly done with enthusiasm and love from the writers and producers, who were probably as eager as us to get the ending right. I loved every little detail, from the song choice to the quote on his tomb stone to the origami crane Linc had with him.

I know many of you disagree with the decision to end the show with the death of Michael Scofield, but I think that it in many ways was a natural consequence of his fierce and intense character, and it has been foreshadowed for quite a time as well. I do not believe for one second that this was a hurried decision by the writers to create one final buzz, the final death cramps of Prison Break. It seems to have been in the cards for a long time, and as stated earlier, they pulled it off with grandeur.

XanderKage

[149]May 17, 2009
    • level: 4

OK, I'm sorry, am I the only one who thought the ending was completely bulls***? I mean I loved the episodes themselves, right until the "Four Years Later" part. I mean seriously - I can get that someone from the group, maybe even Michael, had to die in the end (my money was on Link, actually), but not like this. This is almost worse than the Sopranos thing. Well, maybe not, but this comes close. I mean some explanation to his death should... no, scratch that - was needed. But not this hey-maybe-he-was-hit-by-a-drunk-driver-or-maybe-not thing. The whole thing seemed like a bad attempt to change the happy ending (as in before the "Four Years Later" bit) to a sad ending that fit the show better.... Very very lame.

Now, with that out of my system, I do have a couple of questions. The first one is why the hell Wikipedia has 2 more episodes listed as TBA?? I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable sourse, but c'mon... Second - the last time I saw Kellerman, he was being executed with multiple shots, point-blank, in the back of a van, under a freeway, with 2 shotguns. Seems highly unlikely that he would survive. Very deus ex machina(wiki it), very not cool. Plus, no explanation what so ever as to how he's even alive - or free for that matter - that last time the gang (Sara, if I'm not mistaken) saw him he was headed to jail. I get that he's connected, but going from jail and dead to senator............ And #3, not as significant as the other two, but still - what's with the scar on Sara's shoulder, in the "Four Years Later" bit? I think I missed that bit in the series. And if it wasn't important, they wouldn't've zoomed in on it. They always zoom in on the important stuff... Or is it from her time with Gretchen?

And please, don't flame me right away just because I didn't like the ending (which appears to have been accepted well here). I'm open to criticism and discussions.

avi01

[150]May 17, 2009
    XanderKage wrote:

what's with the scar on Sara's shoulder, in the "Four Years Later" bit? I think I missed that bit in the series. And if it wasn't important, they wouldn't've zoomed in on it. They always zoom in on the important stuff... Or is it from her time with Gretchen?

And please, don't flame me right away just because I didn't like the ending (which appears to have been accepted well here). I'm open to criticism and discussions.

there`s still 2 extra episodes, we will very probably know about the scar, Michael`s death, Mahone-Felicia etc..

XanderKage

[151]May 17, 2009
    Yeah, after I wrote all that, I calmed down a bit and stumbled across the "Final Break". They're actually going to show that here next week, like an ordinary episode. But I hear in US it wasn't aired and is coming out soon on DVD. Bad call, I think. Especially if it cover something as significant as Michael's death. Makes me feel more like that "Four Year Later" part was meant to quickly turn the happy ending into a more fitting and emotionally deep sad ending (like I ranted above), which it turn makes me doubt the quality of these episodes. Especially considering who good (except for what I already mentioned) were that last two.

GGLuver

[152]May 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    I really enjoyed the last episodes, I felt that it really tied in the whole show together. I was happy with it, still cant believe that Michael died, but I remember hearing an interview that the creator early on when the show started saying that that one of the brothers would not live to see the end of the series and I guess that is what happened. So sad at the end but totally great, the paper crane was awesome, loved it!

GGLuver

[153]May 17, 2009
    • level: 10
    avi01 wrote:
    XanderKage wrote:

what's with the scar on Sara's shoulder, in the "Four Years Later" bit? I think I missed that bit in the series. And if it wasn't important, they wouldn't've zoomed in on it. They always zoom in on the important stuff... Or is it from her time with Gretchen?

there`s still 2 extra episodes, we will very probably know about the scar, Michael`s death, Mahone-Felicia etc..

I think that the scars indicate when Sara was locked up for that time and was beaten and whipped. When Gretchen/Susan was holding her captive etc But im more interested to see how michaels death comes along etc

XanderKage

[154]May 17, 2009
    GGLuver wrote:
    avi01 wrote:
    XanderKage wrote:

I think that the scars indicate when Sara was locked up for that time and was beaten and whipped. When Gretchen/Susan was holding her captive etc But im more interested to see how michaels death comes along etc

Yeah, I actually remember Gretchen right before I posted, so I added it as an afterthought...

quiksilver9774

[155]May 17, 2009
    • level: 7
    XanderKage wrote:

OK, I'm sorry, am I the only one who thought the ending was completely bulls***? I mean I loved the episodes themselves, right until the "Four Years Later" part. I mean seriously - I can get that someone from the group, maybe even Michael, had to die in the end (my money was on Link, actually), but not like this. This is almost worse than the Sopranos thing. Well, maybe not, but this comes close. I mean some explanation to his death should... no, scratch that - was needed. But not this hey-maybe-he-was-hit-by-a-drunk-driver-or-maybe-not thing. The whole thing seemed like a bad attempt to change the happy ending (as in before the "Four Years Later" bit) to a sad ending that fit the show better.... Very very lame.

Now, with that out of my system, I do have a couple of questions. The first one is why the hell Wikipedia has 2 more episodes listed as TBA?? I know Wikipedia isn't the most reliable sourse, but c'mon... Second - the last time I saw Kellerman, he was being executed with multiple shots, point-blank, in the back of a van, under a freeway, with 2 shotguns. Seems highly unlikely that he would survive. Very deus ex machina(wiki it), very not cool. Plus, no explanation what so ever as to how he's even alive - or free for that matter - that last time the gang (Sara, if I'm not mistaken) saw him he was headed to jail. I get that he's connected, but going from jail and dead to senator............ And #3, not as significant as the other two, but still - what's with the scar on Sara's shoulder, in the "Four Years Later" bit? I think I missed that bit in the series. And if it wasn't important, they wouldn't've zoomed in on it. They always zoom in on the important stuff... Or is it from her time with Gretchen?

Im thinking Michael died from his brain tumor (I thought he got healed but toward the end, you see him bleeding from his nose indicating he still had it) so apparently, that's how he died. Kellerman was actually not shown being shot on camera. You see the shooters shoot inside the van. Everyone assumed it was Kellerman but it wasn't. Besides Kellerman in the van, the cops were in there so actually they got shot instead. Kellerman said he was freed by the group that worked for Michael's dad and in that scene, they were freeing him, not killing him. Like someone else pointed out, the scar on Sara's shoulder was probably when she was getting beaten by Gretchen. I just watched the finale and I'm still in shock that Michael died. I can't decide if it was a good way to end the show

tommy_070

[156]May 17, 2009
    • level: 14

My PB Finale blog here. For those who are interested, that is.

WezzyV

[157]May 17, 2009
    XanderKage wrote:

If Linc died, people would be alot worse than they are now... for instance, do you know how many people you would see saying "So basically, all those people died for nothing, Linc may as well of died on the electric chair and saved everyone the trouble..."?

And as of now, we can only assume Michael died of his brain tumor, considering we saw his nose bleeding which was a clear sign, however we still don't know, anything can happen in "The Final Break".

RebelDavis

[158]May 17, 2009

So many people are still confused about some of the stuff that happened and are understandably wanting answers. Most, if not all, of the answers will be given in the Prison Break movie that will be released straight to DVD on July 21st. Those extra two episodes that some people are referencing ("The Old Ball and Chain" and "Free") are actually the movie. As for Sara's new scar on her shoulder we will find out how she got it in the movie. And we will also see a Sara/Micahael wedding and find out how Michael really dies. He does NOT die from the brain tumor although it did come back. He dies a martyr and we will get the full details in the movie.

Here's an explanation for those wondering about the return of the tumor that was supposedly cured: the General and the Company only treated the tumor, but they didn't cure it. They wanted Michael to come and work for them, but in case he refused they didn't want him to be around to stand in their way. He refused to join the Company thus they never finished treatment and the tumor returned. The General even made a vague reference to Michael's impending demise in the finale. He was trying to talk Michael out of killing him and said something like "I'm an old man." And then he said "When you get to be my age, assuming you live that long..." He said that because he was fully aware that the tumor would come back. But again, the tumor is not what actually kills Michael.

Everyone please don't write off an incredible series because you are unhappy with the last five minutes. Watch the movie and it will hopefully give you the answers and closure that you are looking for.

danharr

[159]May 17, 2009
    • level: 45
    It was an ok ending for me they wrapped up the story well could've done without Micheal dying but really the only thing that irked me was twice people being able to scale the building and surprise the company. Don't know why they skipped an episode but can't imagine what else it would've added to the ending.

SpencerREid

[160]May 17, 2009
    • level: 8
    I've really tried but I just can't get pass the fact that Michael dies. I knew the series was going to end but if Michael had lived so would have the show since I'm sure I would have enjoyed watching the whole series later time and again like I've done with the Star Wars Trilogy. But now??? what's the point??? My favorite character dies....so it would be too painful to rewatch any episode. I am so disappointed!!!!