TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Official discussion thread "The Mother Lode"

avi01

[21]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 26
    djariya wrote:
    It was a good return after the 4 month break. I think Kathleen Quinlan is an awesome addition to the cast and a very good villain. She just has a very cold vibe about her.

As for the ratings for this episode. I just looked it up and they were God awful. Only 3.38M people in the United States watched this Live. I'm just flabbergasted. Where the hell did the other 3M who watched this in the fall go?

Friday is death trap for shows. Not much advertising was done (apart from 1-2 promos), think a good portion of the audience didn`t even know PB was on. It`s pretty much same than Dollhouse and Terminator have been doing. Pretty sad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JagsFan1

[22]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 14
    I loved this Episode, I might be the only one but the thing that made this episode so good was the fact that christine was trying to kill them nice twist beacause I really beleved her when she told Linc that. I loved all the characters this episode even Self! I guess I just so glad to see PB again anyway can't wait till next week, whats gonna happen to Linc?

nikkelsrcd

[23]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 7
    i totally agree it was worth the wait..this episode was really good. Christina was the most shocking, trying to kill the general and making the attempt on Linc. everything was going good until i saw the preview for next week.. they ruined the 'clifhanger' with Linc being sized up for the kill. but still a great comeback!

KellyKKelly

[24]Apr 18, 2009
    • level: 8
    djariya wrote:
    It was a good return after the 4 month break. I think Kathleen Quinlan is an awesome addition to the cast and a very good villain. She just has a very cold vibe about her.

As for the ratings for this episode. I just looked it up and they were God awful. Only 3.38M people in the United States watched this Live. I'm just flabbergasted. Where the hell did the other 3M who watched this in the fall go?

There wasn't enough promotion about PB. It was barely mentioned and I actually only caught the show by accident. At first I thought it was a re-run - and then...?! I immediately got out the popcorn. Excellent episode but I hope that Michael gets back to Linc and the gang soon. I like them all together, plus, dear Linc is a bit lost without Michael's brilliant mind. And is it just me or do some of the characters look a little different? Linc looks buffer, Self looks a bit puffier, T-Bag's hair is darker, Michael looks trimmer. And I agree with the previous poster who said that the excellent cliffhanger will come to naught. Linc is in the eye of the target but somebody will distract Linc and the assassin will have to back off - or something like that.

coffeebreath

[25]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 4
    This episode sucked. Jesus Christ all this show is now is gun fight after gun fight. Every turn was predictable. Every beat was just eating up time.

Seriously, the writers need to stop with the gun fights

missy66611

[26]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 3
    For the first time I was actually a little bored watching the show. I don't like the storyline with the mother at all. I hope the next one is better.

UncleMatt

[27]Apr 19, 2009
    • level: 5
    coffeebreath wrote:
    This episode sucked. Jesus Christ all this show is now is gun fight after gun fight. Every turn was predictable. Every beat was just eating up time.

Seriously, the writers need to stop with the gun fights

I request this post is deleted effective immeadiately.

Frenz9

[28]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 10
    I liked this episode, not very surprising though.

Jason5550123

[29]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 11
    I love Prison Break, but I have to admit, this episode bored me. The whole part with Michael and Sara hitchhiking was slow and almost pointless. I'm glad to see that Mahone is still helping Lincoln out; and I wasn't surprised at all that The General survived the limo exploding. This show, sadly, has gotten predicatable again. I hope the next episode is better.

umair_23

[30]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 12

this was an ok episode. i was a bit dissapointed, it was too predictable.

but i have complete faith in the writers, and i know that we are in for a complete roler coaster ride come the end of the season.

I know the next epidode will be much better.

ILUVSCOFIELD

[31]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 9

I think this episode was average. It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't great either. I agree with many of the previous posts. This episode was predictable, and it dragged on. I figured the General wasn't dead after the limo explosion, and I knew the guy following Michael/Sara was Company. I think the reason I'm being as nice as I am about this episode is because I was just so happy that PB was returning. Hopefully next week's and future episodes will be more exciting and surprising.

apjccjqa

[32]Apr 20, 2009
    • level: 9
    It was a good episode, especially considering it is setting up whatever finale they've come up with. It might take a couple episodes to set everything up but I am excited for the last 3 or 4 episodes. They should be hard hitting and exciting!
    Edited on 04/20/2009 7:37pm

Timewhisper

[33]Apr 21, 2009
    Great episode. Looks like things are going to be complicated and tense with the General, Christine, and Michael all going after Scylla. JKust hope the series gets a proper ending.

Ijylee2002

[35]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    I love prison break

Ijylee2002

[36]Apr 21, 2009
    I love prison break

KS2706

[37]Apr 21, 2009
    awesome!! This is my all time favorite show!!!!

Chazy77

[38]Apr 22, 2009
    I can only agree with missy66611! I got a little bored while watching the episode. Hope next week's can turn things around.

snoopy007tasha

[39]Apr 23, 2009
    it was simply fantastic

RoboAmish

[40]Apr 23, 2009
    • level: 18
    It was good. The Michael/ Sara plot wasn't up to much, but Linc actually stole the limelight for once and his storyline kept me on my toes. Overall though, it felt more like an episode used to setup the rest of the season. Still pretty neat though
    8.5/10