Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Oz Vs. Prison Break

larry_davis

[1]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 4

now i saw all the seasons on dvd for Oz and that show was very good, but when i saw prison break season 1 on dvd i could barely finish the first episode, it seemed very unrealistic to me.

1. why did that young bro go to such extremes for his bro without looking into it a bit more? i mean he went to some hardcore extremes to help his bro escape without looking into it.

2. and this young bro looks too babyish to play this part, plus he has no emotion as an actor.

3. this show is trying too hard to make this prison seem like another scary prison movie.

4. the shows pretty much over on the first show, the older bro said he didn't even pull the trigger, but he clearly did on that security camera shot. the story of this show should have been different, maybe i may have like it.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Leaffan20

[2]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 7
    you should watch more of it before you judge. I really enjoyed the first episode and that's what got me pumped up for the show..watch the season then judge...you can't make an assumption on the first episode

Tessa_Patton

[3]Nov 22, 2006
    I've seen all seasons of OZ but I like Prison Break more. I have to say that they're completely different, only the place is quite the same. If you watch PB's season 2 I'm sure you'll change your mind

WendolaPM

[4]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 12
    larry_davis wrote:

1. why did that young bro go to such extremes for his bro without looking into it a bit more? i mean he went to some hardcore extremes to help his bro escape without looking into it.

without looking into it??? what? are you serious? You need to keep watching.  Michael's plan is anything but not-well-thought-through.  Even after the escape, he's still working her master minded plan.

larry_davis wrote:

2. and this young bro looks too babyish to play this part, plus he has no emotion as an actor.

No emotion as an actor?? He was nominated for best actor in a Drama series for that very preformance.  What are you talking about?  And he's no baby, Wentoworth miller is a very HOT and SEXY 34 year-old man (not a baby)

larry_davis wrote:

3. this show is trying too hard to make this prison seem like another scary prison movie.

That is the point.  You think it would be better a flowery setting?

larry_davis wrote:

4. the shows pretty much over on the first show, the older bro said he didn't even pull the trigger, but he clearly did on that security camera shot. the story of this show should have been different, maybe i may have like it.

That is cleared up in later episodes! You can't be so quick to judge a show before you even watch it.  Prison Break was also nominted for a Golden Golden as best New Drama the year it came out, so that should tell you that you are very very very very very wrong in your opinion about it.

TauhiryoLee

[5]Nov 22, 2006

so....you expected to have everything been told and how things are planned out on fews secs of the pilot ep?

not all shows gives everything at the beginning. but then i am ranting of something useless

Trah06

[6]Nov 22, 2006
    • level: 5
    Oz was an outstanding show- but very difficult to compare to PB. For one Oz was on HBO where as PB is primetime television. I think that PB has done an excellent job of creating tension between the inmates without stepping on the toes of viewers. Michael is a fabulous actor and definitely did his research before entering fox river. If you however would have done your research you would know that "the brother" Lincoln was framed and the security camera shot was tweaked.

TauhiryoLee

[7]Nov 22, 2006

Trah06 wrote:
    Oz was an outstanding show- but very difficult to compare to PB. For one Oz was on HBO where as PB is primetime television. I think that PB has done an excellent job of creating tension between the inmates without stepping on the toes of viewers. Michael is a fabulous actor and definitely did his research before entering fox river. If you however would have done your research you would know that "the brother" Lincoln was framed and the security camera shot was tweaked.

5 stars agreed. OZ is outstanding show just watching few eps, it was on Showcase here in Canada when I had full bunch of channels during that time. but it is nothing like PB.

texanact

[8]Nov 22, 2006
    you cant judge watching the first ep. only..i liked the premise..started it and since hv been hooked up like crazy..

larry_davis

[9]Nov 24, 2006

Tessa_Patton wrote:
    I've seen all seasons of OZ but I like Prison Break more. I have to say that they're completely different, only the place is quite the same. If you watch PB's season 2 I'm sure you'll change your mind

oz and this show are similar to me, i liked oz the first episode right away, but not this show, and i usually like prison shows.

WendolaPM

[10]Nov 24, 2006
    larry_davis wrote:

Tessa_Patton wrote:

oz and this show are similar to me, i liked oz the first episode right away, but not this show, and i usually like prison shows.

Then all you have to do is not watch. But coming here to dis it it's just rude.

angel_147

[11]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    I don't even know what )zis... but in defence of Prison Break you should watch the series as a whole and then judge it 'coz when it comes down to it, one episode on it's own will not make a whole lot of sense and then you'll make incorrect assumptions about the show (as seen above)...

larry_davis

[12]Nov 24, 2006
    WendolaPM wrote:
    larry_davis wrote:

without looking into it??? what? are you serious? You need to keep watching.  Michael's plan is anything but not-well-thought-through.  Even after the escape, he's still working her master minded plan.

larry_davis wrote:

No emotion as an actor?? He was nominated for best actor in a Drama series for that very preformance.  What are you talking about?  And he's no baby, Wentoworth miller is a very HOT and SEXY 34 year-old man (not a baby)

larry_davis wrote:

That is the point.  You think it would be better a flowery setting?

larry_davis wrote:

That is cleared up in later episodes! You can't be so quick to judge a show before you even watch it.  Prison Break was also nominted for a Golden Golden as best New Drama the year it came out, so that should tell you that you are very very very very very wrong in your opinion about it.

1. i'm talking about looking into seeing if his brothers really guilty or not, rather than just going by his word.

2. yeah, a girl saying he's hot lots of girls think that of baby faced guys. and sorry but this actor shows no emotion, never gets angry, sad really, happy, kinda just mono all the time.

3. not flowery, but there's a reaction that does not work from trying too hard.

4. well tv is going downhill these days, so it doesn't surprise me that this show gets an award, just like all kinds of lame bands that get awards.

WendolaPM

[13]Nov 24, 2006
    Dude I'm not even going to say anything to you.  You just need to get out of here because I don't understand what you're doing on this board if Prison Break is such a horrible, low quality show... You're obviously looking it up!!

angel_147

[14]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 6
    larry_davis wrote:
    WendolaPM wrote:
    larry_davis wrote:

without looking into it??? what? are you serious? You need to keep watching. Michael's plan is anything but not-well-thought-through. Even after the escape, he's still working her master minded plan.

larry_davis wrote:

No emotion as an actor?? He was nominated for best actor in a Drama series for that very preformance. What are you talking about? And he's no baby, Wentoworth miller is a very HOT and SEXY 34 year-old man (not a baby)

larry_davis wrote:

That is the point. You think it would be better a flowery setting?

larry_davis wrote:

That is cleared up in later episodes! You can't be so quick to judge a show before you even watch it. Prison Break was also nominted for a Golden Golden as best New Drama the year it came out, so that should tell you that you are very very very very very wrong in your opinion about it.

1. i'm talking about looking into seeing if his brothers really guilty or not, rather than just going by his word.

he did look into it, I mean he knew everything about the case but when the date for the final appeal was set he decided to stop looking into 'a bottomless pit, which by the time you reached the end Linc is dead' (as he said to Veronica)

2. yeah, a girl saying he's hot lots of girls think that of baby faced guys. and sorry but this actor shows no emotion, never gets angry, sad really, happy, kinda just mono all the time.

not get angry?? did you not see the last episode where he flipped out at his dad "YOU COULD HAVE COME BACK AT ANYTIME" that looked like pure anger on his face to me..

umm.. if you could elaborate, you haven't really conveyed what you're trying to say here properly...

4. well tv is going downhill these days, so it doesn't surprise me that this show gets an award, just like all kinds of lame bands that get awards.

your opinion T.V is going downhill - my opinion, stop watching - and i mean no offence by anything i've written but you can't expect to come to the PB forum and diss it without fans getting defensive, can you?

larry_davis

[15]Nov 24, 2006

WendolaPM wrote:
    Dude I'm not even going to say anything to you.  You just need to get out of here because I don't understand what you're doing on this board if Prison Break is such a horrible, low quality show... You're obviously looking it up!!

you're not? but you just did! why does every thread have to be about praise, i gave the show a chance and it was a waste of my time. bottom line is if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen, and threads like this one.

WendolaPM

[16]Nov 24, 2006
    larry_davis wrote:

WendolaPM wrote:
    Dude I'm not even going to say anything to you. You just need to get out of here because I don't understand what you're doing on this board if Prison Break is such a horrible, low quality show... You're obviously looking it up!!

you're not? but you just did! why does every thread have to be about praise, i gave the show a chance and it was a waste of my time. bottom line is if you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen, and threads like this one.

I have a better idea..... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS SHOW STAY OUT OF THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!!!
    LEAVE!!!

larry_davis

[17]Nov 24, 2006
    angel_147 wrote:
    [

umm.. if you could elaborate, you haven't really conveyed what you're trying to say here properly...

your opinion T.V is going downhill - my opinion, stop watching - and i mean no offence by anything i've written but you can't expect to come to the PB forum and diss it without fans getting defensive, can you?

3. often people who like these sort of prison flicks are excited by the extremeness of the lifestyle inside prison that is portrayed, it seems like this show is trying to make just another show like that, kinda like a wannbe prison flick to me, it seems more like a cheap knock off, typical setting, i don't expect you to understand.

4. i have stopped watching tv for the most part, but there are some good re-runs of some good shows that used to be on that still get aired.

and of caurse people will get defensive here, luckily it's just a little bitty thread and not the end of the world. right? i wouldn't have even posted here but i borrowed this dvd and was expecting something real good because it seemed like it would be, i never watched it on tv but saw previews. i was surprisingly bored with this show, i could keep watching but why?

[/QUOTE]

larry_davis

[18]Nov 24, 2006

WendolaPM wrote:

I have a better idea..... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS SHOW STAY OUT OF THIS BOARD!!!!!!!!!!
    LEAVE!!!

i thought you weren't gonna say nothin' to me? what ever happend to that?

WendolaPM

[19]Nov 24, 2006
    larry_davis wrote:

WendolaPM wrote:

LEAVE!!!

i thought you weren't gonna say nothin' to me? what ever happend to that?

You annoy me so bad!!! You know it, you're doing it on purpose, you're enjoying this!!!

Ho_Man

[20]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 33
    I love both Oz and Prison Break. I've only seen a few episodes of Oz (SBS is airing the 6th season, haven't seen the other seasons yet) but seen all Prison Break episodes. Basically, you can't compare the two shows. Prison Break is 90% about breaking out and 10% prison life, whereas Oz is about 99.999% prison life and 00.001% about breaking out. As great as they are, no comparison can be determined as to which is the better one.