Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Prison Break is so popular because it is a metaphor for all of our lives

  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [21]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    HenryPope wrote:
    anablu, who's in your aviatar, is that Sawyer?
    Oh my god. I almost fell off my chair.
    Edited on 05/21/2007 2:05am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Kinttt

    Kinttt

    [22]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/22/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 11
    HenryPope wrote:

    Prison Break is so popular because it is a metaphor for all of our lives.  I wrote this for a project in my literature class.

     We fans can relate with the main characters, because our lives feel like "prisons".  That is, not literally, but (our latest vocabulary word) figurative.  We feel trapped by life.  We go to school every day in the morning in the rain.  Or grown-ups have to go to work in a job that is so dull, they feel like it's prison.

     We all want to break out. Michael and gang did break out, and we cheered them on, the same way we want to break out of our depressing lives.  They got freedom and a new life.  We want that same new life.


    I can't agree more, the thought that you have is the thought that i have
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anablu

    anablu

    [23]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 4,301

    HenryPope wrote:
    anablu, who's in your aviatar, is that Sawyer?

     DUDE i am sorry im just laughing really hard right now!!! i no this has already been answered but it is KURT COBAIN, geez kids these days

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [24]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    anablu wrote:

    HenryPope wrote:
    anablu, who's in your aviatar, is that Sawyer?

     DUDE i am sorry im just laughing really hard right now!!! i no this has already been answered but it is KURT COBAIN, geez kids these days



    lmao. I was wondering how you would take it. Hahaha. Does this make us old and uncool?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of emma5000

    emma5000

    [25]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 05/18/06
    • level: 33
    • rank: Borg Queen
    • posts: 2,744
    knowing the leadsinger of one of the greates bands of all times hardly makes one uncool!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tommy_070

    tommy_070

    [26]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/20/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 3,856
    emma5000 wrote:
    knowing the leadsinger of one of the greates bands of all times hardly makes one uncool!

    True! Nirvana rocks. Too bad Kurt was killed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EfiTvFan

    EfiTvFan

    [27]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 04/13/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 14
    I think that prison break is a mix of romance,loyalty,conspiracy,a little violence,betrayal and other things that represent our lives. i definitely agree that is SO popular because we are all prisoners in the routine of our life without happens nothing special!! school,school,school...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dark7angel

    dark7angel

    [28]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 09/17/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 654
    EfiTvFan wrote:
    I think that prison break is a mix of romance,loyalty,conspiracy,a little violence,betrayal and other things that represent our lives. i definitely agree that is SO popular because we are all prisoners in the routine of our life without happens nothing special!! school,school,school...


    That is TRUE...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattgus

    mattgus

    [29]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 10/30/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 735
    most people don't feel like life is as desperate as you make it sound. some but not most. from time to time,but not frequently. the metaphor however is right for you,if you say it is. i hope that changes for you...if you break it down to specific changable things in life,it is "fixable"(don't like the word),but it is "do-able" in terms of change. life itself is too all emcompassing.sounds like depression. depending on your age that will likely change. teen and early adult life is the most difficult yrs for many. esp if role models for happiness and success are few. hope is what prison break is about the metaphoe is FAITH and hope never ending,under impossible circumstances...and the dramatic license,wow,when does a prisoner about to be executed get to go to work everyday in gen pop,or might as well be...i hope you feel better...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of enekuri

    enekuri

    [30]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 01/27/07
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,907
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    HenryPope wrote:
    anablu, who's in your aviatar, is that Sawyer?
    Oh my god. I almost fell off my chair.
    I acutally fell off
    Edited on 05/21/2007 2:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CrowdedHouse4

    CrowdedHouse4

    [31]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 12/30/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41
    tommy_070 wrote:
    emma5000 wrote:
    knowing the leadsinger of one of the greates bands of all times hardly makes one uncool!

    True! Nirvana rocks. Too bad Kurt was killed.


    Yes....killed. :S

    To whoever started this topic. Did you get an F?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anablu

    anablu

    [32]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 4,301
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    anablu wrote:

    HenryPope wrote:
    anablu, who's in your aviatar, is that Sawyer?

     DUDE i am sorry im just laughing really hard right now!!! i no this has already been answered but it is KURT COBAIN, geez kids these days

    lmao. I was wondering how you would take it. Hahaha. Does this make us old and uncool?

    i did not take it WELL NO way this means we have GREAT taste in music......man i cant believe how often i get asked that? and if that is me!!!! LOL for one i am a girl and for two that is freakin KURT COBAIN!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [33]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    emma5000 wrote:
    knowing the leadsinger of one of the greates bands of all times hardly makes one uncool!


    I wouldnt think so either but it seems the kiddies no longer think that Nirvana was the greatest band of all time. They will probably worship Lindsay Lohan and think we are embarassing. Meh, I shall fly the freak flag proudly.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anablu

    anablu

    [34]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 4,301

    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    emma5000 wrote:
    knowing the leadsinger of one of the greates bands of all times hardly makes one uncool!
    I wouldnt think so either but it seems the kiddies no longer think that Nirvana was the greatest band of all time. They will probably worship Lindsay Lohan and think we are embarassing. Meh, I shall fly the freak flag proudly.

    HAHAHA Lindsay Lohan:rollh god, makes me sick, man my little sister is the same age as this kid and even she appreciates Nirvana, we gotta school these kids in music!!!!!!!!!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [35]May 21, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    I know a 7 year old that proudly wears a Nirvana tee shirt so there is hope for the kids yet. Yes, every person should listen to Nevermind at least once. It saddens me to think that the new crap that is spewed across the radio is considered music! Next they will be asking who Mick Jagger is...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HenryPope

    HenryPope

    [36]May 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/03/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 250
    i never heard of nivana. I thought it was Sawyer, cause it looks like him and I love lost
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [37]May 22, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    Apart from the fact they both have long, blonde hair they look nothing alike.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of HenryPope

    HenryPope

    [38]May 22, 2007
    • member since: 04/03/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 250
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    Apart from the fact they both have long, blonde hair they look nothing alike.


    Dont forget the stubble and that sexy, "bad" look in their eyes
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anablu

    anablu

    [39]May 22, 2007
    • member since: 12/01/06
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 4,301
    HAHA, i cant believe we can still talk about this lol!! Anyways yes kurt is awesome and u should totally get some nirvana albums!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Ellen416

    Ellen416

    [40]May 22, 2007
    • member since: 02/04/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 105
    Dude! I totally want to be able to write about Prison Break for a literature class. What sort of english teacher accepts things about TV shows???

    PS: Mick Jagger is easy to recognize because his face is so scary -- but from what I've heard from people who have seen him live recently, he rocks as much as ever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.