Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Season 3 over after only 13 episodes!! No!!

DeathAngel2323

[1]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 6

I am seriously angry that Prison Break will not be returning this season. Plenty of other shows are producing post-strike episodes to finish off their seasons properly but we get nothing!

According to Nick Santora it would take too long to resume production but there is no reason why they can't use this extra time between March and May to film additional episodes that could be added to a full 22 episode season order for next year and give us 27-28 episodes for season 4. That would make up somewhat for the rather pathetic 13 episode season this year and the actors and crew have just had the last couple of months off so it shouldn't be a problem for them to work up till May and then have a month and a half off and then start filming again in mid July.

If the whole Prison Break team do nothing until July they are just wasting time that could be used to lengthen and improve the fourth season, assuming we get it. Since there are no new episodes left to air this season FOX should already be able to work out whether they are going to renew this show or not based on the viewing figures for all 13 episodes of season 3.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

prins_robbie708

[2]Feb 20, 2008
    • level: 5
    Have patients will ya, how can the cast and crew resume filimg and all?? When they scattered all over the world doing their own things. It's not like the producer of PB can tell them to come back filming just just days after the strike has ended. Those cast and crew have lives of their own. We all should be lucky enough that Bang and Burn wasn't even the last episode of the whole season. So just be patient and wait till you hear some news about Season 4.

DeathAngel2323

[3]Feb 21, 2008

prins_robbie708 wrote:
    Have patients will ya, how can the cast and crew resume filimg and all?? When they scattered all over the world doing their own things. It's not like the producer of PB can tell them to come back filming just just days after the strike has ended. Those cast and crew have lives of their own. We all should be lucky enough that Bang and Burn wasn't even the last episode of the whole season. So just be patient and wait till you hear some news about Season 4.

Idiot! If you read my post properly you would see that I put 'March to May', ie the strike finished in mid February giving the writers at least two weeks to write episode 14 and the producers would also have two weeks to contact all the cast and crew and get their a$$e$ down to Dallas to resume filming in time for early March.

Other shows are doing this, like Lost and Desperate Housewives, so stop being a fool and telling me to be patient!

TAndrews82

[4]Feb 21, 2008
    DeathAngel2323 wrote:

prins_robbie708 wrote:

Idiot! If you read my post properly you would see that I put 'March to May', ie the strike finished in mid February giving the writers at least two weeks to write episode 14 and the producers would also have two weeks to contact all the cast and crew and get their a$$e$ down to Dallas to resume filming in time for early March.

Other shows are doing this, like Lost and Desperate Housewives, so stop being a fool and telling me to be patient!

Uuuummmmm ok......GET OVER IT?

davef2003uk

[5]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    Man people need to chill-out,its a television show.

Neitoperhonen

[6]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 7
    I think the season ended well. I think shorter seasons are a lot more interesting than the 24 ep ones. season 3 would have gotten too "full" if they would have continued it. but... that's just my opinion : )

tommy_070

[7]Feb 21, 2008
    • level: 14
    davef2003uk wrote:

Lol, Dave comes in and calms the situation.

Yeah, we'll have our Season 4 soon enough. Chill out ppl.

DeathAngel2323

[8]Feb 21, 2008

Neitoperhonen wrote:
    I think the season ended well. I think shorter seasons are a lot more interesting than the 24 ep ones. season 3 would have gotten too "full" if they would have continued it. but... that's just my opinion : )

What are you on?! ''Too full''?! A lot more interesting for being shorter?!

So you weren't very happy then about season 1 and 2's 22 episodes? A bit too much Prison Break for your liking was it...

Tut tut...

DeathAngel2323

[9]Feb 21, 2008

davef2003uk wrote:

I am passionate about the shows that I watch and I don't like to see them tarnished by stupid decisions like this one about not returning to round out the season properly with 18 episodes in a way that would have been similar to getting all 22 episodes.

palle007

[10]Feb 21, 2008
    I believe the solution is simple: wait a couple of years, and buy the entire show on dvd

DeathAngel2323

[11]Feb 21, 2008

palle007 wrote:
    I believe the solution is simple: wait a couple of years, and buy the entire show on dvd

???

How does that improve season 3?

palle007

[12]Feb 22, 2008
    If you don't watch the show now, you can wait until all the episodes are available. Then you don't have to wait with pain for the next season to air

kaley_lane_198

[13]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 8
    Okay 1 i think it was a great idea finishing on ep13 as i dont know if ne1 else notc=iced but they packed SO much into that episode to tidy up the storyline that it was such a thrill to watch

and the cast + crew of PB have probs made commitments to other things until filming resumes in June/July and cannot just drop them for PB especially on such short notice

in other words GET A LIFE AND LET THE SHOW DO WHJAT ITS DOING they people working on it know a hell of a lot more about TV than you!

DeathAngel2323

[14]Feb 22, 2008

kaley_lane_198 wrote:
    Okay 1 i think it was a great idea finishing on ep13 as i dont know if ne1 else notc=iced but they packed SO much into that episode to tidy up the storyline that it was such a thrill to watch and the cast + crew of PB have probs made commitments to other things until filming resumes in June/July and cannot just drop them for PB especially on such short notice in other words GET A LIFE AND LET THE SHOW DO WHJAT ITS DOING they people working on it know a hell of a lot more about TV than you!

Other shows don't have their people tied up doing other things so it's unlikely that just the PB main players are off doing other stuff.

You don't know that their committed to doing other things for a fact do you, so post real reasons with evidence before trying to make your point!

''they packed SO much into that episode to tidy up the storyline'' - HELLO, the episode was written as a mid-season finale, absolutely nothing in the episode was written as though it was the last episode of the season where storylines needed to be tidied up, as when it was written the writers expected to be doing eps 14-22!

h00plah

[15]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 10
    Have patience, Season Four will be confirmed in the next following weeks or months, hopefully the writers have some interesting plots and twists planned, because the show itself seems to be rapidly going downhill, but that won't stop me from watching, I'll watch till' the end, no matter what. I'm sure the next season will deliver the best of Prison Break, or close to it.

elscofield

[16]Feb 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    fox doesn't have the money i guess to continue with all the series and film more episodes, so you have to wait for the season 4

jp8612

[17]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 1

Stop telling us not to be mad, we have a right to. The writers and the greedy WGA didn't care about us, the viewers, and neither did Fox.

You want to be patient and passive? Fine, but respect our feelings.

I agree with the OP, season 3 being so short was a big F to all the fans, the clients they're supposed to please.

Edited on 02/23/2008 3:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

angelica_evil

[18]Feb 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    jp8612 wrote:

Stop telling us not to be mad, we have a right to. The writers and the greedy WGA didn't care about us, the viewers, and neither did Fox.

I agree with the OP, season 3 being so short was a big F to all the fans, the clients they're supposed to please.

The writers weren't the greedy ones, it was the production companies and studios that were greedy. Why shouldn't the people who wrote the damn shows get even a small percentage of the digital (i-tunes, and other online sites where you can pay to download or watch tv shows) revenue? When the contract was made, it was back in the late 80's, when we all had no idea that this thing called "internet" would end up being such a big source for people to watch tv shows, or other entertainment..so the WGA had no idea they needed to make provisions for something that never existed.

So in the meantime, the production companies and many other facets of tv and movie making, have been getting rich off of billions of dollars of digital revenue, while the writers, the people responsible for creating and weaving the fiber of these shows we love, have been getting nothing. And they were sick of it, tried to ask for their fair share (which wasn't even a lot in my opinion), were denied, so they said, "screw you, you will have no shows until we get what we are owed." And thats just what they did.

Think about it. If you had a job, say, at a bakery or restaurant, and you created this awesome food, that everyone loved and wanted, and it became renowned the world over for it excellence, that soon, the restaurant or bakery you worked for was raking in a billion dollars a year because of the one thing that YOU created, wouldn't you expect to be rewarded with at least a small percentage of what the restaurant took in? And if you were denied, wouldn't you then say, "Ok, fine, I'll take my secret recipe, and no more of this will be made until I get at least what I deserve for this"? I bet you would, we all all would.

Sorry this is so long winded, but I am so sick of hearing people complain about "greedy writers screwing up their shows".

DeathAngel2323

[19]Feb 23, 2008
    jp8612 wrote:

I love you!

Finally someone who agrees with me!

DeathAngel2323

[20]Feb 23, 2008
    angelica_evil wrote:
    jp8612 wrote:

The writers weren't the greedy ones, it was the production companies and studios that were greedy. Why shouldn't the people who wrote the damn shows get even a small percentage of the digital (i-tunes, and other online sites where you can pay to download or watch tv shows) revenue? When the contract was made, it was back in the late 80's, when we all had no idea that this thing called "internet" would end up being such a big source for people to watch tv shows, or other entertainment..so the WGA had no idea they needed to make provisions for something that never existed. So in the meantime, the production companies and many other facets of tv and movie making, have been getting rich off of billions of dollars of digital revenue, while the writers, the people responsible for creating and weaving the fiber of these shows we love, have been getting nothing. And they were sick of it, tried to ask for their fair share (which wasn't even a lot in my opinion), were denied, so they said, "screw you, you will have no shows until we get what we are owed." And thats just what they did. Think about it. If you had a job, say, at a bakery or restaurant, and you created this awesome food, that everyone loved and wanted, and it became renowned the world over for it excellence, that soon, the restaurant or bakery you worked for was raking in a billion dollars a year because of the one thing that YOU created, wouldn't you expect to be rewarded with at least a small percentage of what the restaurant took in? And if you were denied, wouldn't you then say, "Ok, fine, I'll take my secret recipe, and no more of this will be made until I get at least what I deserve for this"? I bet you would, we all all would. Sorry this is so long winded, but I am so sick of hearing people complain about "greedy writers screwing up their shows".

Your assessment of the issue of greedy writers is correct but my outrage over this shortened season with no post-strike episodes has nothing to do with that.

Other shows are coming back to, at the very least, get near their full season order, and it would have been nice to see Prison Break season 3 get up to 18 or so episodes. Then the original story plan for the 22 episode season would not be as compromised.

Assuming PB is returning for a fourth season then FOX should be taking advantage of this extra time they have before the next TV season starts to film more episodes, whether they be tacked on to the end of season 3 or get added to an enlarged season 4.