Prison Break Forums

FOX (ended 2009)

Where did Whistler say he was from in Australia?

  • Avatar of disco_inferno44

    disco_inferno44

    [1]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 09/11/04
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 86

    Could anyone make out where Whistler said he was from in Australia?

    It sounded like he said "Calbari", but that's not a place.

    Any thoughts? Being an Australian myself, it's really bugging me

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of claret101

    claret101

    [2]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 09/16/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 271
    I wondered that too! I'm not Australian, but I've been living here the last year and it didn't sound like anywhere I've ever heard of. Mahone seemed to know it, so it can't be that small. I wondered if they'd said Kalgoorlie or Coolgardie, those were the only two I could think of that sounded anywhere close to what he said. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD subtitles!
    Edited on 10/03/2007 8:33pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of vitt_0

    vitt_0

    [3]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 12/09/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 41
    It's Kalbarri on Western Australia.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 2Rayne0

    2Rayne0

    [4]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 11/21/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 20

    Whistler says Kalbarri. Kalbarri, Austrailia. West end of Austrailia.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of disco_inferno44

    disco_inferno44

    [5]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 09/11/04
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 86

    Kalbarri - Western Australia!

    Makes sense why Whistler is at home in Sona. Western Australia is even MORE isolated than prison. :-P

    Nice place though.

    Thanks dudes

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [6]Oct 3, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    I will give the PB writers props for saying Kalbarri. Whenever Australia is mentioned in US shows its Sydney that gets a mention, like no other city exsists here.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nel50

    nel50

    [7]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/17/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 1,868
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    I will give the PB writers props for saying Kalbarri. Whenever Australia is mentioned in US shows its Sydney that gets a mention, like no other city exsists here.
    lol like Lost
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nel50

    nel50

    [8]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 04/17/07
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 1,868
    claret101 wrote:
    I wondered that too! I'm not Australian, but I've been living here the last year and it didn't sound like anywhere I've ever heard of. Mahone seemed to know it, so it can't be that small. I wondered if they'd said Kalgoorlie or Coolgardie, those were the only two I could think of that sounded anywhere close to what he said. I guess we'll have to wait for the DVD subtitles!
    You do know that you can turn subtitles on while watching tv right? I have subtitles turned on almost all the time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evs82

    evs82

    [9]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 11
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    I will give the PB writers props for saying Kalbarri. Whenever Australia is mentioned in US shows its Sydney that gets a mention, like no other city exsists here.


    totally agree.

    although i had to chuckle when mahone said he "passed through" there. australia is not a place you pass through on the way to anywhere except the antarctic.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of disco_inferno44

    disco_inferno44

    [10]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 09/11/04
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 86
    evs82 wrote:
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    I will give the PB writers props for saying Kalbarri. Whenever Australia is mentioned in US shows its Sydney that gets a mention, like no other city exsists here.


    totally agree.

    although i had to chuckle when mahone said he "passed through" there. australia is not a place you pass through on the way to anywhere except the antarctic.


    Ohhh man for sure. And Kalbarri is literally in the middle of nowhere.

    I've lived in Australia for 18 years - and I'd never heard of it until Prison Break! That Mahone sure gets around.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of evs82

    evs82

    [11]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 05/17/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 11
    i've lived in australia for 25 years (my whole life) and i haven't heard of it.

    though i'm in melbourne
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [12]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    Unless you have been to WA or lived there you probably wouldn't know Kalbarri. The only reason I do is because I travelled in WA for a few years. Its nice spot. Whale watching, fishing etc. Its amusing to imagine Mahone there anyway. And yeah, its not a place I would pick him to just be passing through.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of disco_inferno44

    disco_inferno44

    [13]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 09/11/04
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 86
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    Unless you have been to WA or lived there you probably wouldn't know Kalbarri. The only reason I do is because I travelled in WA for a few years. Its nice spot. Whale watching, fishing etc. Its amusing to imagine Mahone there anyway. And yeah, its not a place I would pick him to just be passing through.


    Even psycho drug-addicted murderous juggernauts need a break every now and again.. ;-)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mckenziemymonke

    mckenziemymonke

    [14]Oct 4, 2007
    • member since: 03/07/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 548
    disco_inferno44 wrote:
    mckenziemymonke wrote:
    Unless you have been to WA or lived there you probably wouldn't know Kalbarri. The only reason I do is because I travelled in WA for a few years. Its nice spot. Whale watching, fishing etc. Its amusing to imagine Mahone there anyway. And yeah, its not a place I would pick him to just be passing through.


    Even psycho drug-addicted murderous juggernauts need a break every now and again.. ;-)


    Lol, true. Probably took lil Cameron and Pam on a swim with the dolphin holiday.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hannahreed2

    hannahreed2

    [15]Jan 16, 2013
    • member since: 08/04/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I'm from Perth West Australia north ofKalbarri so I know it well. Hepronouncesthe name wrong he says (Kal Bar Ey) when the locals all call it (Kal Barry). Little bit oftriviafor the fans.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.