Prison Break

Quiet Riot

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Nov 17, 2008 on FOX

• This is the worst episode in the entire series. I still love the show but there are three relatively small issues I have with this episode that ruin everything for me.

This is the worst episode in the entire series. Now don't get me wrong, I think this is a brilliant and well executed series, I don't care that the majority of people I know think it's a horribly formulaic and repetitive, I stand firmly to my belief that this is a great show. This episode however, I thought was terrible.

There are three relatively small issues I have with this episode, but they ruin everything for me. the first would be the lack of motion sensors in the room where Scylla is kept. I mean, even the most basic household security system has motion sensors so for what possibly reason would they neglect to add such a basic accessory to such a high tech security system? This is The Company's most valued and protected piece of equipment, they surely can't think that just because they have super-sensitive microphones and heat sensors that motion sensors would be unnecessary. They sure didn't think that putting insane mines in the foundation of their headquarters was unnecessary.

The second issue I have is when Sucre drops the canister of nitrogen and it makes a loud 'DING'. If opening an umbrella is just under the number of decibels that it takes to set off the alarm then how could that loud DING not set it off? I mean, they don't even whisper to each other on the other side of the thick concrete wall for fear of their voices reverberating and setting off the alarm.

The third and last issue that I have occurs when Michael touches Scylla and activates an alarm. The General then goes to his laptop and brings up security footage of Michael touching Scylla. I thought that there weren't supposed to be any cameras pointing directly at Scylla because The Company didn't want any visual evidence that Scylla exists what-so-ever, apparently the writers or director slipped up and forgot about that.