Prison Break

FOX (ended 2009)

maxxie_m

Prison Break Fan Reviews page 4 of 52

• This show has been on for a few seasons and it should have just been on for one hour. Its a prison break not a soap opera which is what the show turns out to be.

1.5
    Let me first start off buy saying that the acting on this show is quite good but the primise is really stupid to me the prison break thing is fine but then the show just goes on and on and one it should have been like a 2 hr tv movie instead of a show that lasted like years. To me it is like a soap opera after a while im like yeah that would really happen. I hate to be a negative person i think i would make a kick ass movie but not a good tv show. But thats just my take on it.
  • A bore of a show and concept.

More of the same, can't think of anything scripts. Good example of terrible acting and Lousy writing.
    A bore of a show and concept. Typical of Hollywood today. Have all of the great Script Writers died?
    The new Hollywood concept. Spend Less, Hire the worse and make huge profits. When choices are few and none, it leaves viewers striving to find a reason for why they watch anything. When the options are equally bad people tend to force them selfs to find a way to enjoy an hour of boredom. You would be better off maybe writing a good Script and submitting it to Hollywood. Things will never change until people start demanding good writing.
  • Definitely jumped the shark for me this season...

4.5
    It used to be one of the most breathtaking and hottest shows on TV, my heart skipped a beat every time something extraordinary happened to the main characters! But it was becoming more and more unbelievable after a while, and jumped the shark for me with Sarah Tancredi returning on cast after her real life pregnancy, while we have once seen her cut- off head in a box... And so did the main character, who actually knew her well... But supposedly it was dark outside and he did not recognize a fake! Come on, guys, this is the least believable story since... EVER??? I won't underrate this series, because I have some amazing memories of it from the first 2 seasons, and some not-bad ones from the third but those days are long gone, and whatever happened this season, nothing can make me care... because the authors managed to kill the thrill!
  • What happened to Prison Break ?

Prison Break is a show that really kept you on your toes. Unfortunately four seasons on it lacks the imaginitive spirit it once had. First off Lincoln versus Michael is an odd plot line. Considering Michael went to prison to save his brother from death row in the first place. This is most out of character and has made the show shallow. Another problem is that they seem to be trying to make the show into mission impossible. It just doesn't have the same thrills as the first seasons. Season 1 is a spectacular acheivement and should be recognised for it's creative and suspenseful style. Hopefully this will be the last of Prison Break or should I say Mission Impossible because there is nothing for the audience to get behind. The characters are bland and constantly acting out of character. The way there characters were before was the reason why this show was so greatly loved. Maybe the conclusion will save it by I doubt it very much. R.I.P. Prison Break.
  • It was good ... until the end of the second season. Despite the basic principle too much like shows I can't concentrate to watch even for a few minutes (24, Lost are good examples) this show got me ...

It was good ... until the end of the second season. Despite the basic principle too much like shows I can't concentrate to watch even for a few minutes (24, Lost are good examples) this show got me, but it whould have ended there in the end of the second season. The guy got out, after that the only possible story line that was going to bring some satisfaction was some kind of revenge, but the revenge never brings satisfaction so it should have been the end and planned as such ...

It is the atmosphere that makes the first 2 seasons great, you are on your toes all the time, you know from the beginning they will get out somehow, someday, but you never know! And when it finally happens the whole cycle starts again :( what the ...
  • The lazy writers of Prison Break season 4 showed a total disregard for the public's intelligence. But, then again...

1.5
    Season 4 of Prison Break is for people who have really lazy minds. It is unbelievable that someone can consider a show where four characters ( Dr. Tancredi, Kellerman, Michael's mother and another guy ) came back from the dead is the best thing on tv. The lazy writers of the series showed a total disregard for the public's intelligence. But , then again, considering the way fans of the series write here in this space, it is no surprise. You should read books, sometimes. It would be good for your vocabulary and grammar. Good luck and I hope you enjoy Prison Break season 5, when Michael Scofield will come back from the dead...
  • Best example of a show that once was.

I think when i watched season 1, I was seriously the most addicted to a TV show i have ever been. We used to get the whole family in on it... i would actually get excited that HEY... it's thursday... Prison Break is on tonight. Every minute of the first season had me on the edge of my seat. Season Finale was a massive cliffhanger.... But the thing that i had feared for most of the season, was that yes... this is a great TV show. But let's be real... this is FOX producing it. They know their viewers are gonna love this show.... and they are gonna MILK and MILK and MILK every last dollar they can squeeze from this show... even if it means... to flush down what once was a great television show straight down the drain.

I stuck with it till the end of season 3... and i had felt that i was robbed of my time. I wish i had stopped halfway through season 2. I was so upset.

I will give season 1 a rating of 10/10. But the rest of the seasons... 1.5/10. Making it overall around 5/10. Fox... you should've know better.

PS: Bring back Arrested Development.
  • This is my first review.. After the first season its downpour.. Every episode is making me to lose interest..

In the first season i thought "brilliant" but after the escape it lost the aim or goal of the series.. I loved the first season and after that dont waste your time watching it.. In the first season i thought "brilliant" but after the escape it lost the aim or goal of the series.. I loved the first season and after that dont waste your time watching it.. In the first season i thought "brilliant" but after the escape it lost the aim or goal of the series.. I loved the first season and after that dont waste your time watching it..
  • This was a good show.

The day I saw the first commercials for this show back in 2005 I new this was going to be a show for me. The first season was pretty decent and had a good story line. After the end of the first season was just down hill for this show, the story got crazier and more extravagant in a bad way. I would recommend any person to watch the first season, when the show was worth watching, but for the rest I would not recommend to anybody they were just terrible. This is one of those shows just like Heroes that should have only been a one season show.
  • I like Prison Break because it gets me glued to my seat. Unpredictable. Gives me a great deal of anticipation of what will happen next.

I like Prison Break because it gets me glued to my seat. Unpredictable. Watch it over and over and still get excited. Gives me a great anticipation of what will happen next. Also, what makes it unique is, it's not our everyday drama series that we get to watch on TV which makes is so different. My parents are already in their mid 50s and they loved it, finished Seasons 1-4 in the span of 2 weeks. I really hope there's a window of chance for Season 5. Hopefully, with the same main set of characters. Surprise us. (like always)
  • WOW! If you're not watching this show, you're missing out big time! Brilliant, savy, and definitely cutting edge! Wentworth Miller you will remember that name.

I was totally surprised by this new show. The characters grab you immediately, it's like you know them already. Unbelievable! You're hooked and you can't wait to see what happens next. It's not only one story but several smaller ones that form into the big picture. Brilliant! A definite must watch!
  • Loved the script! Thanks for giving it a chance FOX! Can't find another show like it... it ruined me for TV series!

Incredible show! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time simply because the first season was so intruiging. After season one, any viewer would be hooked until the seasons ended reguardless of how well the following seasons went.

T-bag's character was absolutely phenominal, real creative, raw, ugly, and honest. He was a sad case, but I was floored by his acting and the creative development of his character. Loved the script in general! Over all it was casted well! I wish it never ended. Thanks for giving it a chance FOX! Can't find another show like it... it ruined me for TV series!
  • I am still so tense watching the show over and over again. It is currently being shown on SiTV, ch 477, EVERYDAY, WEEKDAYS and WEEKENDS. When it ended everything was so dull. Thank God I have discovered it. I SO, SO LOVE THIS SHOW... THANK YOU!!

I have read from one of the reviews.... we don't even want to blink for fear we might miss a thing... very true, very true indeed!! From the beginning through the ending, our heart is beating so hard, all episodes are so intense we don't breathe! I have never followed a show religiously like I did with Prison Break. I wish I can experience another show like this. I love the lead actors and their characters. How I hate T-bag hahaha. I love Michael, Linc, Mahone, Sarah & Sucre. To me, my review is more, more than PERFECT!!!
  • summary of the show is that i love the show so far why they didnt bring it back i hope they do bring it back

i like it when michael was with the doctor and she wind up pregnent with michaels baby it was and amazeing show i know the reason why the show ended case of lack odf raitings i hope they do bring it back and i cant wait until they do what made them end the show it was an amazeing show ppl need to get together and bring it back i love prison break if they bring it back i wonder what it would be like if they bring it back and whay ppl would they bring back i love the michael storyline
  • the best show ever !!

Simply ,, the best show i have ever watched
    the first time by accident i watched this show , i became addicted with something called prison break thanks went , thanks dominic thanks amaury , thanks fichtner , thanks sarah and jodi , thanks wade , thanks paul .. all the show team deserves greetings
    i was very sad when michel is dead ,, after all he did ,, he deserves also to live a good live i love also mahone the genius .. but why he chooses lang ,, pam was beautiful lol
    i loves also sucre , he is very funny
  • The first season of Prison Break was literally genius . but then the curve kept going down the 3nd was good the third was really bad .. the forth got better but nothing compared to the first season

All characters fit their rules and that's one of the most important advantages of the show , the acting is really good. the idea is new and different too which make it interesting all the time.

I would say it's one of the top shows on TV -especially the first season- watching it is more like an experience until it gets down when things start to look artificial , overrated and similar to each other.

the end of the show could be better yet, the whole show was unusual so why not the end !!?

Some characters -almost all of them- made a stunning career raise out of this show and they gave us a nice time in turn.
  • Prison Break is about 2 brothers, one who finds himself framed by the Govrn. & facing electrocution, and the other who purposely places himself on the wrong side of the law in order to gain entrance into the same prison hoping save his brothers life.

My husband and I are completely addicted to this series. It has had us at the edge of our living room couch from the start. I have to admit though, that I may have fallen off a few times out of utter suspense and shock. The characters have been incredible and unique,which very well sets them apart from other tv shows. I am excited to see an original idea and plot line to surface like this. Also, not to mention that it's wonderful to watch a show that is unpredictable and keeps me surprised every week. I am impressed with how the writers have been able to draw us emotionally into to the show, so much so in fact, that my family and I are tossing pillows at the tv when it ends demanding not to have to wait for a week to see the next episode. If your looking for a great thriller that will never leave you bored than you shoult most certainly tune in to Prison Break.
  • One of the best.

Wow! What a show. This is truly one of the best on TV. I give the makers full credit for their fabulous work. Season one blew me away. It was thrilling, refreshing and addictive. The plot was original and the actors were very convincing. Wentworth Miller was awesome. His performance was ground breaking, and he fit into his role very well. The others didn't disappoint either. They all blended together nicely. No wonder it was such a hit. Season two was just as mind-blowing as season one. But season three is starting to get a little bit stretchy and somewhat predictable. Hope the guys writing the script come up with a little improvement in the future, so that it can be at par with the previous two.
  • One of the best shows ever made!

i really wish that i got caught up in the hype of this show. i remember saying how stupid the name was! They got out of prison in like the first season! why is it still called 'prison break'!?!?! but i just started watching it a few weeks ago and it is just simple amazing! its so creative! And the first season, every episode left you wanting to watch more! it was so cool. i loved it and was hooked by the first episode! the second season i found that i wasn't on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. It was still really good, but it didn't have the pull like the first season. But then i came to the third one... and i was reeled in again! And i was just wondering... What is it with Michael and tunnels?? He really seems to like them LOL. Now i'm on the third one and i can not wait to start watching it! Im just so angry with myself and i wish that i watched it when it was on! im not gonna make that mistake again! oh and i really think that Wentworth Miller has to get in another TV show. He really is a amazing actor!
  • Really good, with some mayor up and downs though...

Can't get too much into details but still I'll try…

The first season was probably the best. We were getting to know Michael Scofield, and the whole prison theme was awesome. Just the thrill of getting caught or not was intense. The tattoos were a bit farfetched but still really innovative.

Now the second season wasn't bad, whoever the setting was completely different and it took some getting used to. Personally I would have kept the bunch in prison for a while longer.

The third season was definitely the worst. The creators (Or whoever is responsible) realized they made a mistake in setting Michael Scofield (and "friends") free resulting in losing a lot of fans who fell in love with the whole in/escape from prison thing, like me. So for the third season they thought; "why not put them back in jail" --- "in Panama" --- "With a guy living underground". I had actually given up on the show during this season, but the final season made sure I watched it all.

Like I said the final season made it all okay. (It actually made me watch the third season) they brought some of the old cast back and of course added some new actors (Michael Rapaport). The story got way better as well. Making the series finale one of the more interesting episodes I've seen in a while.

All in all an awesome series, even with the downs…
  • Top recommendation, cannot afford to miss, period. The first season, at least.

It may lose its touch as it progresses through its seasons, it it doesn't change the fact that the show was once one of TV's best. The first two seasons got me hooked, as watching prison break was probably the best time of the week for me. Unfortunately, the show hits a few walls in the last few seasons and loses its appeal. Despite all this, the show's way of making you attached to the incredible cast, and its unpredictable plot twists and strong storyline makes it a must watch. And due to how awesome this show once was, the faults made in the later seasons are little to worry about. For those of you who haven't watched this intense crime-thriller, you may as well assume, you're missing out half your life...
  • Oh where do I start. (spoilers)

I think I'm going to dived my review in to four parts for each season-because their all so different.

Season 1-The King
    The best……plane and simple.
    Now I don't think there is any Prison Break fan out there who would dispute that. It was mind blowing,every episode left you wanting more.
    There wasn't really anything that could have made this season anymore thrilling it was just pure entertainment,it was almost perfect.
    The wide variety of supporting characters is one of this season's strong points,Warden Henry Pope: he maybe the Warden-AKA,the big cheese-but he's not the villain,which is a mistake that many writers make (making the person with the most power,the bad guy pë say which was a golden move in my book)
    Charles Westmoreland: he's kind of the old wise man who give the young Mr. Scofield advise on the general know how of Fox River (which I thought was really cool idea) Fernando Sucre: Michael's cell and man who real was a corner stone in Michael's plan,Plus I think he's really the only person Michael would call a friend.
    Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell: Words can not descried the pure hatred you get from watching the evil this man committees and Robert Knepper plays him to sweet perfection.
    John Abruzzi: Never have the mafia looked so cool,you never knew what side he's,he plays to win and that is it!!!.
    Brad Bellick: Only Three words come to mind when I think of him….Sniveling Little Rat,I really didn't like him and I don't think you were meant to.

There are a lot LOT more but I really need to move on to the next season
    Over all season 1 was easily the best of the four and probably the rest of television that year too!!!.
    10/10

Season 2-the miss understood
    I know some people say that it went down hill after season 1 and to some existent I have to agree. Yes the story wasn't as interesting as the first and yes the story was all over the place

R.I.P
    Veronica Donovan
    Paul Kellerman
    John Abruzzi
    Warden Henry Pope (written out)
    C.O. Geary
    Bill Kim (Yeah right)
    Tweener
    Westmoreland (End of season 1)
    Haywire
    Lincoln's Ex wife (don't remember her name)
    The Vise President's brother.

With the writers having to deal with some characters 10-15 per episode it gets a bit like a soap opera where things move vary slowly dew to the amount of characters and screen available, but that was inevitable there were to many characters to fill the needs of and that is all so why the killed or wrote out 40% of the cast.
    Still it's a good-if long-ride and it's not the worst one.
    Plus Mahone really helps it from going under.
    I think the biggest complaint I get from this one is that the season final suck.
    8/10
    Season 3-the controversial one

This one is controversial to say the lest.

The tables have turned and now Michael's in prison and Lincoln is on the out.
    I think that this one gets a hard rep for the fact that they put them back in prison-but come on what else do you expect them to do!!!.....and decides it's better for it.

Sona=hell…that's the best way to depict what the new prison and it make for a decent season.
    With added players (characters) and the fact that season 2 was a blood bath in terms of characters killing,the story is steeled a lot better and really only focuses on two story lines. Also l think the other reason it's so controversial is because they sort of killed off Sara-which was a bit of a shook for some fans because she was really one of the only three (Michael and Lincoln being the other two) that were considered safe from death. Over all,an alright season that will always be controversial. 7/10

Season 4-The bad one
    I really hate this season for leaving such a bad taste in my mouth.
    It pains me to admit it but Prison Break ended the worst possible way, I'm not just talking about Michael dying at the vary end of the season, I'm saying in general season four suck.

Filled with point less character intros and deaths that where not needed or people not dying who should have.Linked with weird stories lines and useless villains.
    And the second half of the season was far worse.
    It was a complete mess that I wish I could wipe from my memory Season 4 I hate YOU.
    3/10

(sigh)
  • One of the best shows I've ever watched. I am addicted and recommend it to everyone. Thanks Fox!!!

Anyone who hasn't seen Prison Break is missing out. I loved it!!! One of the best shows ever made! Michael was of course my favorite but everyone in it are great actors. I thought they all did a great job. I highly recommend this show. Way to go Fox. Thanks for picking this show up! I wish it could have lasted even longer. I'll miss it. This TV show will be hard to replace. I'll be anxious to see if any of the others can be as good as Prison Break!
  • a great show from start to finish. it had us fixed to the screens for the whole series and we might never forget it. ever.

there were some moments in thuis great show that seemed pointless but they covered it up pretty well by adding some mystery to the escape plans. the way i see it Scofield was the man of the show even though he spoke funny and kept hiding his plans from everyone he seemed to get the job done well. When Agent Malone shows up in season 2 you get the feeling that there will be a great showdown between these two brilliant minds especially if you were stil watching Invasion at the time, its great how they end up being friends. the other most memorable character is T-BAG. he was like a a Hannibal character but with some fun put in the bag he was smart, funny and of course crazy."i would have tattooed it to my chest but i run out of ink". then there was Sucre and his chick Maricruz and Belleck who seemed so tough in the first season and somehow hit rock bottom from the secound and crashed on the third. and we cant forget Linc the Sink can we now? all in all Prison Break showed us that some shows know how to entertain.
  • Oh my my !!

Prison Break. The Best series eva !! Real good diretion and Great Story Line. I dont regret watchin it all the way from first. {though it was addictive i dont mind :P}Each and every single episode does make yu feel the pressure inside. Lovely characters and i do hate the company for costing so many lives. A story that will neva fade in our minds. Great Show. And fans dont miss to watch "THE FINAL BREAK". Micheal Surely makes the Series ! Once again. A Fantabolous one :) I myself seriously expect another series with the same cast n crew :)
    Great Work. Congrats :)
    Keep it high.
    No words more :P :) :)
    A true Fan
    -A.M.Manjhunath
  • Prison Breeak was a great series

Prison Break was one of my favourite TV shows of the naughties, season 1 was superb one of the best debuts seasons I have seen, season 2 was also very enjoyable but I think the show jumped the shark in the season 2 finale, since then Prison Break never really recovered it was still a decent show but no where near enjoyable as it used to be. The characters still are great throughout the introduction of Mahone in season 2 spiced things up, Whistler also was good until he was shockingly killed off after one season which really annoyed me. The show did pick up again midway through season 4 only to loose some steam in the last run of episodes.
  • The show "Prison Break" is more than just a story. It is a detail specific and geniusly assembled time line of events that is filled with captivating plots and settings and the writer of the story has many ways of showing his passion for his work.

The show "Prison Break" itself is one that requires your full attention, because every detail is important and any missed information leaves a sketchy viewer guessing. There is a main plot,however there are so many plots and settings to focus on; yet one other thing the writer maximized on was the aspect of irony. The ironic events in this show add a tasteful and addicting touch to the plots and create a viewer felt sense of urgency throughout. This is not seen often and as a viewer of the entire series I am well aware of just how much I was "on the edge of my seat". The only flaw about the show is that as a series it would become difficult to follow the series episode by episode once a week. This is because of the contents of each plot; in which there seemed to be a new plot in every episode, though the main plot remained in tact. The mix of characters that are important change and if a viewer misses a critical moment, they can get confused rather quickly. The writer does seem to get that however, which is why you see a great deal of flashbacks in each episode and you get a basic overview in the beginning that reads "Previously on Prison Break". This being said the show otherwise is filled with many touching details,emotional moments, and situations that pull at the veiwer's emotions and can frankly move a person to tears.
  • Prison Break is comparable to eating at a restaurant with five star starters, four star salads, three star entrees, and two star desserts. It starts well, but quickly finds itself confused about where it is going.

I first encountered Prison Break while on vacation in Mexico, oddly enough, and as the show had just begun airing, I found the mixture of mystery and intricacy refreshing and entertaining. The show carried this appeal most of through through the first season, and I remained a dedicated watcher. As the second season dawned, however, I found myself annoyed by the overuse of plot twisters, the cliché comic lines, and the general lack of originality that began to rear its ugly and unwelcome head amidst the previously positive elements. Still, I pressed on, though only medially entertained into the third season, which, to my horror, turned into a horribly crude rehash of the first season. By this point I no longer felt that the show contained any elements that were truly worthy of watching. If one is looking for a quick thriller and that is smart, yet followable, but with no resolution, I recommend watching only the first season. If one is masochistic, bored to death, or very, VERY easily entertained, I recommend watching to midway through the second season. Anything further, and you would find yourself in the same position I was, addicted to the show for want of closure, though dreading every moment I spent in front of the tv. Good day~
  • awesome show

Prison Break is a show about Michael Scofield, who gets himslef arrested to free his brother, Lincoln Burrows, before he is executed. To pull this, Michael tattoes a big prison map on his body. This is a great action, drama, thriller series. If you like shows like this, full of action and suspense then this is for you. The show evolved from simply escaping from prison to escape from the government, then back to prison again and this time trying to get some guy out, and finally recovering pieces of information called Scylla that "the company" wants. The first season was the best. The second and third were pretty good too. The fourth one was good, but I think it drifted a little from Prison Break at the end.
  • Michael Scofield and his brother Lincoln Scofield work together to break out of prison and every other problem faced in their way!

I have to say, Michael Scofield is a genious at hard work! I remember seeing this show first time when my parents out it on. I thought this show was gonna suck but I found to see this show being awesome! Michael has a tattoo on his back with all the exits and secrets of the prison that his brother Lincoln is in. Linc is apparently 'a murderer' and is going to be exiledin first season but Michael Scofield one way or another plans to take him out.

Michael meets some friends in the prison like Sucre and meets Sara Tancredi, the nurse of the prison. When these guys escape, it causes huge trouble around the world which is also when Mahone comes in the scene in season2. Season three is all about Sona, another prison which Michael is taken into. In the final cut of this show, the gang all finally find peace (except for T-Bag that is) in season 4.

I rate this show an 8.5 and this show gave me lots of good memories. PRISON BREAK FOREVER!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10