Prison Break

FOX (ended 2009)

maxxie_m

Prison Break Fan Reviews page 4 of 51

• Loved the script! Thanks for giving it a chance FOX! Can't find another show like it... it ruined me for TV series!

Incredible show! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time simply because the first season was so intruiging. After season one, any viewer would be hooked until the seasons ended reguardless of how well the following seasons went.

T-bag's character was absolutely phenominal, real creative, raw, ugly, and honest. He was a sad case, but I was floored by his acting and the creative development of his character. Loved the script in general! Over all it was casted well! I wish it never ended. Thanks for giving it a chance FOX! Can't find another show like it... it ruined me for TV series!
  • I am still so tense watching the show over and over again. It is currently being shown on SiTV, ch 477, EVERYDAY, WEEKDAYS and WEEKENDS. When it ended everything was so dull. Thank God I have discovered it. I SO, SO LOVE THIS SHOW... THANK YOU!!

I have read from one of the reviews.... we don't even want to blink for fear we might miss a thing... very true, very true indeed!! From the beginning through the ending, our heart is beating so hard, all episodes are so intense we don't breathe! I have never followed a show religiously like I did with Prison Break. I wish I can experience another show like this. I love the lead actors and their characters. How I hate T-bag hahaha. I love Michael, Linc, Mahone, Sarah & Sucre. To me, my review is more, more than PERFECT!!!
  • summary of the show is that i love the show so far why they didnt bring it back i hope they do bring it back

i like it when michael was with the doctor and she wind up pregnent with michaels baby it was and amazeing show i know the reason why the show ended case of lack odf raitings i hope they do bring it back and i cant wait until they do what made them end the show it was an amazeing show ppl need to get together and bring it back i love prison break if they bring it back i wonder what it would be like if they bring it back and whay ppl would they bring back i love the michael storyline
  • the best show ever !!

Simply ,, the best show i have ever watched
    the first time by accident i watched this show , i became addicted with something called prison break thanks went , thanks dominic thanks amaury , thanks fichtner , thanks sarah and jodi , thanks wade , thanks paul .. all the show team deserves greetings
    i was very sad when michel is dead ,, after all he did ,, he deserves also to live a good live i love also mahone the genius .. but why he chooses lang ,, pam was beautiful lol
    i loves also sucre , he is very funny
  • The first season of Prison Break was literally genius . but then the curve kept going down the 3nd was good the third was really bad .. the forth got better but nothing compared to the first season

All characters fit their rules and that's one of the most important advantages of the show , the acting is really good. the idea is new and different too which make it interesting all the time.

I would say it's one of the top shows on TV -especially the first season- watching it is more like an experience until it gets down when things start to look artificial , overrated and similar to each other.

the end of the show could be better yet, the whole show was unusual so why not the end !!?

Some characters -almost all of them- made a stunning career raise out of this show and they gave us a nice time in turn.
  • Prison Break is about 2 brothers, one who finds himself framed by the Govrn. & facing electrocution, and the other who purposely places himself on the wrong side of the law in order to gain entrance into the same prison hoping save his brothers life.

My husband and I are completely addicted to this series. It has had us at the edge of our living room couch from the start. I have to admit though, that I may have fallen off a few times out of utter suspense and shock. The characters have been incredible and unique,which very well sets them apart from other tv shows. I am excited to see an original idea and plot line to surface like this. Also, not to mention that it's wonderful to watch a show that is unpredictable and keeps me surprised every week. I am impressed with how the writers have been able to draw us emotionally into to the show, so much so in fact, that my family and I are tossing pillows at the tv when it ends demanding not to have to wait for a week to see the next episode. If your looking for a great thriller that will never leave you bored than you shoult most certainly tune in to Prison Break.
  • One of the best.

Wow! What a show. This is truly one of the best on TV. I give the makers full credit for their fabulous work. Season one blew me away. It was thrilling, refreshing and addictive. The plot was original and the actors were very convincing. Wentworth Miller was awesome. His performance was ground breaking, and he fit into his role very well. The others didn't disappoint either. They all blended together nicely. No wonder it was such a hit. Season two was just as mind-blowing as season one. But season three is starting to get a little bit stretchy and somewhat predictable. Hope the guys writing the script come up with a little improvement in the future, so that it can be at par with the previous two.
  • One of the best shows ever made!

i really wish that i got caught up in the hype of this show. i remember saying how stupid the name was! They got out of prison in like the first season! why is it still called 'prison break'!?!?! but i just started watching it a few weeks ago and it is just simple amazing! its so creative! And the first season, every episode left you wanting to watch more! it was so cool. i loved it and was hooked by the first episode! the second season i found that i wasn't on the edge of my seat wanting to know what was going to happen next. It was still really good, but it didn't have the pull like the first season. But then i came to the third one... and i was reeled in again! And i was just wondering... What is it with Michael and tunnels?? He really seems to like them LOL. Now i'm on the third one and i can not wait to start watching it! Im just so angry with myself and i wish that i watched it when it was on! im not gonna make that mistake again! oh and i really think that Wentworth Miller has to get in another TV show. He really is a amazing actor!
  • Really good, with some mayor up and downs though...

Can't get too much into details but still I'll try…

The first season was probably the best. We were getting to know Michael Scofield, and the whole prison theme was awesome. Just the thrill of getting caught or not was intense. The tattoos were a bit farfetched but still really innovative.

Now the second season wasn't bad, whoever the setting was completely different and it took some getting used to. Personally I would have kept the bunch in prison for a while longer.

The third season was definitely the worst. The creators (Or whoever is responsible) realized they made a mistake in setting Michael Scofield (and "friends") free resulting in losing a lot of fans who fell in love with the whole in/escape from prison thing, like me. So for the third season they thought; "why not put them back in jail" --- "in Panama" --- "With a guy living underground". I had actually given up on the show during this season, but the final season made sure I watched it all.

Like I said the final season made it all okay. (It actually made me watch the third season) they brought some of the old cast back and of course added some new actors (Michael Rapaport). The story got way better as well. Making the series finale one of the more interesting episodes I've seen in a while.

All in all an awesome series, even with the downs…
  • Top recommendation, cannot afford to miss, period. The first season, at least.

It may lose its touch as it progresses through its seasons, it it doesn't change the fact that the show was once one of TV's best. The first two seasons got me hooked, as watching prison break was probably the best time of the week for me. Unfortunately, the show hits a few walls in the last few seasons and loses its appeal. Despite all this, the show's way of making you attached to the incredible cast, and its unpredictable plot twists and strong storyline makes it a must watch. And due to how awesome this show once was, the faults made in the later seasons are little to worry about. For those of you who haven't watched this intense crime-thriller, you may as well assume, you're missing out half your life...
  • Oh where do I start. (spoilers)

I think I'm going to dived my review in to four parts for each season-because their all so different.

Season 1-The King
    The best……plane and simple.
    Now I don't think there is any Prison Break fan out there who would dispute that. It was mind blowing,every episode left you wanting more.
    There wasn't really anything that could have made this season anymore thrilling it was just pure entertainment,it was almost perfect.
    The wide variety of supporting characters is one of this season's strong points,Warden Henry Pope: he maybe the Warden-AKA,the big cheese-but he's not the villain,which is a mistake that many writers make (making the person with the most power,the bad guy pë say which was a golden move in my book)
    Charles Westmoreland: he's kind of the old wise man who give the young Mr. Scofield advise on the general know how of Fox River (which I thought was really cool idea) Fernando Sucre: Michael's cell and man who real was a corner stone in Michael's plan,Plus I think he's really the only person Michael would call a friend.
    Theodore "T-Bag" Bagwell: Words can not descried the pure hatred you get from watching the evil this man committees and Robert Knepper plays him to sweet perfection.
    John Abruzzi: Never have the mafia looked so cool,you never knew what side he's,he plays to win and that is it!!!.
    Brad Bellick: Only Three words come to mind when I think of him….Sniveling Little Rat,I really didn't like him and I don't think you were meant to.

There are a lot LOT more but I really need to move on to the next season
    Over all season 1 was easily the best of the four and probably the rest of television that year too!!!.
    10/10

Season 2-the miss understood
    I know some people say that it went down hill after season 1 and to some existent I have to agree. Yes the story wasn't as interesting as the first and yes the story was all over the place

R.I.P
    Veronica Donovan
    Paul Kellerman
    John Abruzzi
    Warden Henry Pope (written out)
    C.O. Geary
    Bill Kim (Yeah right)
    Tweener
    Westmoreland (End of season 1)
    Haywire
    Lincoln's Ex wife (don't remember her name)
    The Vise President's brother.

With the writers having to deal with some characters 10-15 per episode it gets a bit like a soap opera where things move vary slowly dew to the amount of characters and screen available, but that was inevitable there were to many characters to fill the needs of and that is all so why the killed or wrote out 40% of the cast.
    Still it's a good-if long-ride and it's not the worst one.
    Plus Mahone really helps it from going under.
    I think the biggest complaint I get from this one is that the season final suck.
    8/10
    Season 3-the controversial one

This one is controversial to say the lest.

The tables have turned and now Michael's in prison and Lincoln is on the out.
    I think that this one gets a hard rep for the fact that they put them back in prison-but come on what else do you expect them to do!!!.....and decides it's better for it.

Sona=hell…that's the best way to depict what the new prison and it make for a decent season.
    With added players (characters) and the fact that season 2 was a blood bath in terms of characters killing,the story is steeled a lot better and really only focuses on two story lines. Also l think the other reason it's so controversial is because they sort of killed off Sara-which was a bit of a shook for some fans because she was really one of the only three (Michael and Lincoln being the other two) that were considered safe from death. Over all,an alright season that will always be controversial. 7/10

Season 4-The bad one
    I really hate this season for leaving such a bad taste in my mouth.
    It pains me to admit it but Prison Break ended the worst possible way, I'm not just talking about Michael dying at the vary end of the season, I'm saying in general season four suck.

Filled with point less character intros and deaths that where not needed or people not dying who should have.Linked with weird stories lines and useless villains.
    And the second half of the season was far worse.
    It was a complete mess that I wish I could wipe from my memory Season 4 I hate YOU.
    3/10

(sigh)
  • One of the best shows I've ever watched. I am addicted and recommend it to everyone. Thanks Fox!!!

Anyone who hasn't seen Prison Break is missing out. I loved it!!! One of the best shows ever made! Michael was of course my favorite but everyone in it are great actors. I thought they all did a great job. I highly recommend this show. Way to go Fox. Thanks for picking this show up! I wish it could have lasted even longer. I'll miss it. This TV show will be hard to replace. I'll be anxious to see if any of the others can be as good as Prison Break!
  • a great show from start to finish. it had us fixed to the screens for the whole series and we might never forget it. ever.

there were some moments in thuis great show that seemed pointless but they covered it up pretty well by adding some mystery to the escape plans. the way i see it Scofield was the man of the show even though he spoke funny and kept hiding his plans from everyone he seemed to get the job done well. When Agent Malone shows up in season 2 you get the feeling that there will be a great showdown between these two brilliant minds especially if you were stil watching Invasion at the time, its great how they end up being friends. the other most memorable character is T-BAG. he was like a a Hannibal character but with some fun put in the bag he was smart, funny and of course crazy."i would have tattooed it to my chest but i run out of ink". then there was Sucre and his chick Maricruz and Belleck who seemed so tough in the first season and somehow hit rock bottom from the secound and crashed on the third. and we cant forget Linc the Sink can we now? all in all Prison Break showed us that some shows know how to entertain.
  • Oh my my !!

Prison Break. The Best series eva !! Real good diretion and Great Story Line. I dont regret watchin it all the way from first. {though it was addictive i dont mind :P}Each and every single episode does make yu feel the pressure inside. Lovely characters and i do hate the company for costing so many lives. A story that will neva fade in our minds. Great Show. And fans dont miss to watch "THE FINAL BREAK". Micheal Surely makes the Series ! Once again. A Fantabolous one :) I myself seriously expect another series with the same cast n crew :)
    Great Work. Congrats :)
    Keep it high.
    No words more :P :) :)
    A true Fan
    -A.M.Manjhunath
  • Prison Breeak was a great series

Prison Break was one of my favourite TV shows of the naughties, season 1 was superb one of the best debuts seasons I have seen, season 2 was also very enjoyable but I think the show jumped the shark in the season 2 finale, since then Prison Break never really recovered it was still a decent show but no where near enjoyable as it used to be. The characters still are great throughout the introduction of Mahone in season 2 spiced things up, Whistler also was good until he was shockingly killed off after one season which really annoyed me. The show did pick up again midway through season 4 only to loose some steam in the last run of episodes.
  • The show "Prison Break" is more than just a story. It is a detail specific and geniusly assembled time line of events that is filled with captivating plots and settings and the writer of the story has many ways of showing his passion for his work.

The show "Prison Break" itself is one that requires your full attention, because every detail is important and any missed information leaves a sketchy viewer guessing. There is a main plot,however there are so many plots and settings to focus on; yet one other thing the writer maximized on was the aspect of irony. The ironic events in this show add a tasteful and addicting touch to the plots and create a viewer felt sense of urgency throughout. This is not seen often and as a viewer of the entire series I am well aware of just how much I was "on the edge of my seat". The only flaw about the show is that as a series it would become difficult to follow the series episode by episode once a week. This is because of the contents of each plot; in which there seemed to be a new plot in every episode, though the main plot remained in tact. The mix of characters that are important change and if a viewer misses a critical moment, they can get confused rather quickly. The writer does seem to get that however, which is why you see a great deal of flashbacks in each episode and you get a basic overview in the beginning that reads "Previously on Prison Break". This being said the show otherwise is filled with many touching details,emotional moments, and situations that pull at the veiwer's emotions and can frankly move a person to tears.
  • Prison Break is comparable to eating at a restaurant with five star starters, four star salads, three star entrees, and two star desserts. It starts well, but quickly finds itself confused about where it is going.

I first encountered Prison Break while on vacation in Mexico, oddly enough, and as the show had just begun airing, I found the mixture of mystery and intricacy refreshing and entertaining. The show carried this appeal most of through through the first season, and I remained a dedicated watcher. As the second season dawned, however, I found myself annoyed by the overuse of plot twisters, the cliché comic lines, and the general lack of originality that began to rear its ugly and unwelcome head amidst the previously positive elements. Still, I pressed on, though only medially entertained into the third season, which, to my horror, turned into a horribly crude rehash of the first season. By this point I no longer felt that the show contained any elements that were truly worthy of watching. If one is looking for a quick thriller and that is smart, yet followable, but with no resolution, I recommend watching only the first season. If one is masochistic, bored to death, or very, VERY easily entertained, I recommend watching to midway through the second season. Anything further, and you would find yourself in the same position I was, addicted to the show for want of closure, though dreading every moment I spent in front of the tv. Good day~
  • awesome show

Prison Break is a show about Michael Scofield, who gets himslef arrested to free his brother, Lincoln Burrows, before he is executed. To pull this, Michael tattoes a big prison map on his body. This is a great action, drama, thriller series. If you like shows like this, full of action and suspense then this is for you. The show evolved from simply escaping from prison to escape from the government, then back to prison again and this time trying to get some guy out, and finally recovering pieces of information called Scylla that "the company" wants. The first season was the best. The second and third were pretty good too. The fourth one was good, but I think it drifted a little from Prison Break at the end.
  • Michael Scofield and his brother Lincoln Scofield work together to break out of prison and every other problem faced in their way!

I have to say, Michael Scofield is a genious at hard work! I remember seeing this show first time when my parents out it on. I thought this show was gonna suck but I found to see this show being awesome! Michael has a tattoo on his back with all the exits and secrets of the prison that his brother Lincoln is in. Linc is apparently 'a murderer' and is going to be exiledin first season but Michael Scofield one way or another plans to take him out.

Michael meets some friends in the prison like Sucre and meets Sara Tancredi, the nurse of the prison. When these guys escape, it causes huge trouble around the world which is also when Mahone comes in the scene in season2. Season three is all about Sona, another prison which Michael is taken into. In the final cut of this show, the gang all finally find peace (except for T-Bag that is) in season 4.

I rate this show an 8.5 and this show gave me lots of good memories. PRISON BREAK FOREVER!
  • It's a great show ... but just that, GREAT.

Prison Break was one of the greatest show I saw, even that it deviates from it's origin. The idea of season one was new and great: someone wants to get out of jail his brother who has go into by a mistake, a mistake who will cost him his life ... nothing new up here ... the novelty is on the plan about how to rescue: he, Michael, put a map of the prison were his brother was on his skin as a tatoo (you have to see the shows to understand the tatoo, because it's nothing like a real map). The next seasons focuses on how many people try to get them, the police, FBI, and the Company, company in which their mother has a very powerfull job.
  • Best show ever!!

Prison Break is the best show i've ever watched!! It's so clever! It had me on edge the entire time! I Couldn't believe some of the twists and turns! The acting in it was amazing! Loved all the characters!
    Paul Scheuring and everyone else associated with PB are geniuses and I hope they write another show soon!! I loved how at times you could absolutely hate T-bag but then at other times really like him! Well, me anyway! Loved every second of it.....even though I was completely devastated with the end result!! :( I don't think I've ever cried so much!
  • Michael is dead? No way...FOX have something in mind is what I think. The best of all series is ending in 4 seasons...never seen before. So I hope Michael is alive in the Island waiting for Sara and Linc to live their lives happily ever after.

I have a feeling that there is another episode where Sara and Linc find Michael in that Island or where they are going. I think this is not the end that FOX is receiving all this reviews to get a new move. How come the best series end in 4 seasons!??? I haven't seen a good series end so soon! So let's see what is coming. I have to say that I loved the actors because they lived their characters. Mahone and TBag where my favorites...also Michael, Sara, Linc...But those villains were awesome. So I hope there's another chapter with Michael.
  • Real good show a breath of fresh air in 2005 when it debuted. The story of a man who sends himself to prison to break his brother out was captivating.

Real good show a breath of fresh air in 2005 when it debuted. The story of a man who sends himself to prison to break his brother out was captivating. All the actors did great in their performance but most I wasn't familiar with. I was going to watch any show with Dominic Purcell in it after the canceled John Doe from a few years earlier. The show was great in it's two phases. The first being getting out of prison and the characters and problems associated with trying to escape. The second phase being out of prison and eventually out of the country and back. Some criticized this morph in the shows general premise but I enjoyed the ever winding road and wondering what would happen next. Why the show ended up on the bottom of the rating totem pole I don't know but I'm thankful we got a complete bitter sweet ending. The show had a good run and some of the most memorable moments on tv and for that I'm grateful.
  • What a show,I say what a show... It was absolutely one of the best shows of the new age of TV and it will always remain that way.

you see some that say it was a perfect show,some say it was great till the end of the 2nd season,etc...
    but I say non of those people hit the target,as this show like all of the others was not perfect and there is no show which is and never will be.
    but this show took it all and left us with nothing when it ended,it was never bad as some say,it always had new ideas which made it so popular.

As for the seasons though I dont remember the first tow seasons so well but the first one was the one who made all the fans and made us to watch and continue watching and being one of the biggest fan of this show.
    as for the 2nd it was even better than the 1st one it brought the newest ideas it entertained even more.

I got to say that the 3rd season was not the best as there was a lot of problems at that time to all Tv shows which made Prison Break lose its very powers and its coolness...
    then when the 4th came we all were waiting like we were on fire to watch and see the end,at first it was not so great but when it reached its very end it grew again and rose to the peak.

In the end it broke our heart by that ending that almost made m throat full of cry specially at the end when he was talking on the cd fr Sarah and Lincoln...
    though I was kinda expecting Michaels death but not like that dramatic way.

In the end I want to say horay for the cast and the crew,for us the people who watched Prison Break,and for the fans all over the world,as we all had watched something great,something that wee will remember for the rest of our lives.
  • Prison Break held my attention from start to the absolute finish.

From the very first episode, to the last second of "The Final Break," Prison Break kept me on the edge of my seat. Superbly written and a spectacular cast made this the only show that I have ever cared enough to watch every episode in chronological order without ever missing one.

I think it's a complete shame that the Fox Network did not air "The Final Break," reserving the real "end" of the story for people buying the DVD box set of Season 4. It wrapped up 90% of any questions that viewers could have needed answers to. It was only after watching the real end of the series that I truly appreciated the writers talent for creating a perfect show and give them my utmost respect.
  • If you've never watched this show, it really is a must-see. Action-packed, non-emotionally straining, and down right ingenious at times, especially in the first series, Prison Break is the epitome of the Action genre.

The first series begins with a structural engineer, name Micheal Schofield, getting himself intentionally incarcerated at Fox River Prison. The question: Why? To break out his brother, framed for the murder of the Vice-Presidents brother, on death row. The first series is spent working out how to escape, the obstacles in the way, which include the inmates, the guards, and inconvenient events. The dialogue, acting, action, plot, and setting are all perfect. It is honestly one of the best seasons of the 2000's.

Season 2: Guess what? They escaped, but they are far from freedom. Agent Alex Mahone is on their trail (which includes about 6 other inmates), working for the company that framed Lincoln in the first place. Micheal realises the only way to escape is not to run but to bring the fight to them, which almost succeeds. Almost.

Season 3: Micheal is in prison. In Panama. Yeah, I know, WHAT??. It sort of makes sense, and this series is only 13 episodes, you may as well watch, even if it is a bit formulaic.

Season 4: With everyone on the outside, they are almost instantly all detained again, but FBI agent Don Self offers them a deal: Find The Company's black book, called Scylla, they get their freedom. Shocking twists, and enjoyable action, the first half of the season is AWESOME. The second half is a bit silly, but ends well enough, and the last few seconds will have most in tears.A great show, take the time to watch it, you won't be dissapointed.
  • I have to say that i absolutely loved season 1 and 2 season's 3-4 just seemed to drag on for me.

I loved prion break, however, the show has no basis to continue so i am glad that it has ended, although i regret the fact that michael died, why couldnt he have lived -'happily ever after' i mean after everything the poor guy went through thats the least he deserved. In the series finale the fact that they didn't show L.J or Marie cruz was dissaapointing and having Kellerman spat on was random.

To sum it up i found prison break s01-02 brilliant, season's 03-04 were deal breakers, thats a huge leap from seriously adictive to pathetic which is what i considered the last 2 seasons to be.
  • Prison break is finally over, but it was a good run.

The title Prison Break makes it seem like the show would get old after a while, but the sow is more than just breaking out of prison, really the breaking out of prison was only a small portion of the series to get the watchers hooked at the beginning of the show. The plot is phenomena, with the show cutting off at the perfect moments for the best cliff hangers. The plot twists keep the show fro getting old and the acting is top notch. This is one of the best drama series that I have ever watched, and is a good watch for anyone who wants a good and attention grabbing drama.
  • When a show gets too much so its almost boring it usualy ends. Prison Break is a survivor, at least in my eyes.

Prison Break is one of the best shows in the 21:st Century. The First and Second Season is the coolest, in the third it turned wich it needed too. people would have stoped watching ok, they did. Because so many did not understand what happened. But thats because they where to lazy to think.

I still love this show, seen 2 episodes from season 4 so far. But I think its COOL, to sad its ending here in Season 4. All i hope is that the show gets A FAIR ENDING. Not some ending that is gonna destroy what we have been looking for the past 4 years!
  • this story is all about the prison break, as it can be concluded from its name also. the main character involve Michael Schofield, who drag himself for his brother Lincoln Burrows acing the death penalty due to killing the Vice President's brother.

Prison Break is yet another drama series which has been gracing the screens courtesy of American producers. Over the past couple of years there seem to have been more and more shows coming over from America, all of a considerably high standard, and once again this one is no different. Prison Break. I've never really been a fan of the hit show Lost but always enjoyed the show 24 and so was eager to see what Prison Break would be all about. The first series of Prison Break hits the screens of America back in January 2006 and not yet finished, we are currently awaiting the fourth series which is now showing in America. Prison Break basically follows the life of Michael Schofield who committed a bank robbery in order to be sent to prison to rescue his brother Lincoln Burrows who was facing the death penalty due to killing the Vice President's brother. Despite there being a great deal of evidence connecting Lincoln to this crime, Michael firmly believes in his innocence and along with their old friend and Lincoln's lawyer Veronica, goes about trying to prove his brother's innocence and get them both out of Fox River state prison. The series is based solely within the prison and shows the hatching and planning of the escape procedure and route. Of course nothing goes smoothly in the world of television and along the way there are multiple difficulties and scares which all add to the drama of the programme. The show also incorporates life on the outside including Lincoln's son and how he is seemingly dragged into the whole mess, which almost adds the whole soap opera element to the show. The series ends with the men, along with several others who have all become central to the plot, attempting their dangerous escape out of the prison. The show is quite different to any I've ever really watched before; if you've seen the film The Life of David Gale or The Shawshank Redemption then you will see great similarities in the stories. The show is screened by Fox and was premiered as the new 24 but in all honesty it's not quite the same – it's more nail biting in my opinion but lacks the alleged thrill of 24. It's a hard hitting and honest American drama which will have you on the edge of your seat, it's one you also need to be paying attention to as if you miss an episode they'll be a big gap in your knowledge as so much seems to happen in every single episode. In all honesty Prison Break is ridiculous, immensely ridiculous. But if you can see beyond the ridiculousness on the surface you'll actually discover that it's incredibly clever and unbelievably addictive. Each episode lasts about 45 minutes minus the commercial breaks and I find I'm literally on the edge of my seat for about half that time. No episode is complete without several cliff hangers and the cliff hanger at the end of each episode will leave you hammering on the TV screen begging to be told what happens next. Each episode will typically open with a recap of the previous couple of episodes to keep you up to date with what is going on. The acting is brilliant, the coolness and suaveness which Wentworth Miller employs in playing Michael is brilliant, he makes Michael taciturn and determined in such an endearing way that you'll be batting for him throughout the series. The show is strictly embedded within the drama category and it isn't really easy watching drama either, more of a serious drama. It isn't a comedy in the slightest although in some rare occasions the producers have introduced a little sarcastic, downbeat humour that does add a break to the dramatic mood that overhangs each episode. But sincerely, It seem to be full of praise for the show so far but on the other hand the first series is 22 episodes in length which sees Michael continually plotting their escape, but them never actually escaping. I did feel towards episode 16 or 17 that the series was being dragged out a little in retrospect, although at the time I loved every single minute of it and would quite happily have watched them plotting with growing tiresome.
    However the show has also received great criticism from some of American's main critics including: - The Washington Post "Prison Break would come off as more cruel than unusual. The somber pretentiousness of it, reinforced by performances uniformly overwrought, make it a heavy weight to bear, yet one resolutely empty-headed." What I would say is go into watching this show with an open mind, you have to accept the large and somewhat false coincidences otherwise you'll just grow exasperated with this show. And remember, the main reason most of us watch TV is normally to escape reality and therefore, being a little far away from realistic surely cannot be a bad thing.
    My final word, I have to be honest and say I loved the show, and am already craving the second series an abnormal amount! As long as you can disengage from looking for the plot holes and the ridiculousness of the plot then you'll enjoy the mystery and sheer addictiveness of the show.
    By Zyshan Aly Jayed