Prison Break

Tuesday 9:00 PM on FOX Premiered Aug 29, 2005 In Season

maxxie_m

Prison Break Fan Reviews page 6 of 52

• The success of the series has also inspired short videos for mobile phones, several official tie-ins in print and on the internet, and a video game in development.

The series was turned down by Fox in 2003, which was concerned about the long-term possibilities of such a series. Following the popularity of serialized prime time television series Lost and 24, Fox decided to back production in 2004. The first season received generally positive reviews,[3] and performed well in the ratings. The first season was originally planned for a 13-episode run, but was extended to include an extra nine episodes due to its popularity. Prison Break has been nominated for numerous industry awards, and won the 2006 People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama. The first three seasons have been released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc (Season Two is not yet on Blu-ray), and the series has been aired internationally, including several non-English speaking countries.
  • season 4, its not about breaking from prison but from the company, its still called prison break as they are always on the run and trying to break free....

ok everyone seems to dis prison break but this show is great if you just put your mind to the show i hate to admit the first few episodes were a bit gully but after the 5 episode season 4 really starts to kicks off, it just got intresting... what I do think is, is the directors did`nt really think off the title in the long run, I guess they are kind of prisoners just not in prison but by the company..

the end of season for continues its tradition and keeps you wondering and all omg`s and no way`s starts to come out..i think its a great show just give it a chance
  • Prison Break a delightful idea that burst onto the scene in 2005. The first series was a huge hit with the public which inspired numorous twists and turns in several more seasons to unravel the truth. Compelling viewing but will it ever end?

Prison Break was an instant hit in Australia bringing a great idea to the screen. The first season was an interesting one with many plots unfolding in the prison with a gradually growing group of criminals trying to break out with the honest Michael and his falsely accussed brother.

It was gripping television which continued in season two with the group on the run searching for some money. It lost none of its first season shine with various twists and turns and the dangerous unstable Mahone on the groups tail.

At the end of season two Prison Break had reached a possibly good ending point but the producers had a lot more in store for this show.

Season three brought Michael and Mahone into a Prison called Sona in a thick and nasty plot to break out a person called Whistler in what spirals into a battle between Michael and co. and 'The Company'.

The show at this stage has so many twists and turns and is starting to lose viewers with its never ending approach but is still great viewing.

Season 4 pushes the main characters to breaking point with the original idea of saving Lincoln possibly turning against Michael.

Great viewing that has a never ending approach sadly the ratings have dropped due to the impatience of the greater public or due to the producers draining everything they can from the series.

Any fan of a gripping show should watch this show it is simply wonderful viewing.
  • Does anybody miss Prison Break?

I don't know where to begin, from the 3rd season or the 4th, but I think I'll start with what's going on right now. To whoever watched prison break from the beginning knows that the show had at least 4 different stories running throughout 43 minute episode. Not necessarily having everything evolve around the company, or Michael and Linc's escape, but had side stories just as much as interesting like Sucre's problems, or T-Bag's madness, each and every character had a bag of problems that the audience loved to watch them confront. One of the most annoying problems the writers had was how they killed Mahoune, I mean from a F.B.I lead investigator, running the show to a crazy hobo drug addict that can't pull nothing together, the man who would end the life to anybody in his way, to emotionally erupted personality, it just doesn't add up. My suggestion for that would be to use his snake like figure and use it against the company, running the show and everybody else down, give him a two man army to boss around and come up with his own plans. The same with Sucre bring back his personal life and involve his girlfriend and family more in the show, that passion of "family man" was what led us to love Sucre and to believe that his relationship with Michael can't be broken. For T-Bag the only real solution is to try and question his past and to put him in situations that he has to confront himself, and make decisions that would affect only him and not the rest of the show directly, and that's one of the biggest problems the show had, by making everybody having the same goal, to have Scylla. That for me was a total killer because even if you weren't creative enough to create a complex season, and connecting it in the end, a least make it interesting by splitting the group up and trying to get the six cards from six different locations, for instance teaming up Mahoune and two "soldiers" ,having Sucre and Michael together and by "accident" near Sucre's girlfriend while trying to retrieve the card. Pretty much instead of having a card an episode, like they did, have a 16 of every card throughout 8 episodes, which would certainly commit the writers to come with a smarter way more clever plan to get each and every card in the "Prison Break" way. One more annoying thing is all those Dvd watching fans, no wonder you like the show the way it is you watch it like a great big movie, which leaves you with the taste of the first season still while you watch the 4th, us weekly fans wait and wait then wait some more to see the outcome of every episode, for weeks and weeks and quite frankly the quality is missing, something you " in 3 week watch all of prison break" fans don't get! So please if you if you fast forward 4 years into 3 weeks don't think you are the most eligible person to comment
  • Very good show, lots of 'wows' and 'omgs' !!!

Prison Break, i will put it fourth after Lost, Heroes, Chuck, The Sarah Connor Chronicles... i will explain why.

I find this show very interesting on how it is made, especially how Michael is always ahead of everybody and when he always got a different answer than anybody else on the show.

I like the action and the drama, there is one thing that has been making me push this show on the back of my list (why its fourth) is the 'again' i believe there is a need of an 'end' to the show... or at least something / someone new. But if its something new... than it has to do nothing with Sylla or 'The company'.

Its always the 'ah... again... the found it... oh no they lost it... they got it and gave it... oh he was a traitor... they have to find it again... but hey they are free... oh no they are not... but they are again... no they are not'

Its just going and going and i have the feeling... as lots of other people i am sure that this can go on for the eternity.

I really think there is a need of an end.
  • Great at the beginning but now.... has lost it's touch.

What a great show in the first 2 seasons...it had everything you would want and expect from a thriller tv series. Season 3 was actually interesting....but now tha we've made it into season 4 :S it has lost all contact with reality!! The show is so absurd now I can't even believe I watch it still! Its like a train-wreck I can't look away...no matter how bad it is. The story is sooo ridiculous I need to know what the writer's have in-store for next season...where could Prison Break go from here...? like honestly they work for the company now...like wtf?? I swear the writer's make the story on the fly....cause not too much thought goes into the story these day's and the events that follow are just terrible...not to mention the actors are getting FAT...look at Wentworth Miller....ever ask yourself WHY they had his tatoo's removed??? maybe it was cause he can't do anymore scene's without a shirt on cause he's put on too much weight so they have his tatoo's lazered off....(don't believe me...watch season-1 & compare) All & All it was a great story but ever since the writers-strike it has never been the same. I recommend Season's 1-2 for a great adventure tha will keep you on the edge of your seat.
  • A Show filled with Non-stop thrills leaving the viewers speechless and entertained.

I finished watching Season 1 of the show and I must say I was pleased/satisfied. This show is by far the best, Of all the shows I watched this probably is the best one yet, It's the complete package, the story is good, the acting was decent, and the overall concept/direction was mind blowing. A story so real, it's almost as if I was there at the exact scene and each episode of watching just seem 5 minutes for me (the original running time being 45 minutes). Overall,A Non-stop thriller leaving the viewers speechless and entertained. Hoping for an even better Season 2,3,4, etc.
  • What happened?!

I don't know where to begin, from the 3rd season or the 4th, but I think I'll start with what's going on right now. To whoever watched prison break from the beginning knows that the show had at least 4 different stories running throughout 43 minute episode. Not necessarily having everything evolve around the company, or Michael and Linc's escape, but had side stories just as much as interesting like Sucre's problems, or T-Bag's madness, each and every character had a bag of problems that the audience loved to watch them confront. One of the most annoying problems the writers had was how they killed Mahoune, I mean from a F.B.I lead investigator, running the show to a crazy hobo drug addict that can't pull nothing together, the man who would end the life to anybody in his way, to emotionally erupted personality, it just doesn't add up. My suggestion for that would be to use his snake like figure and use it against the company, running the show and everybody else down, give him a two man army to boss around and come up with his own plans. The same with Sucre bring back his personal life and involve his girlfriend and family more in the show, that passion of "family man" was what led us to love Sucre and to believe that his relationship with Michael can't be broken. For T-Bag the only real solution is to try and question his past and to put him in situations that he has to confront himself, and make decisions that would affect only him and not the rest of the show directly, and that's one of the biggest problems the show had, by making everybody having the same goal, to have Scylla. That for me was a total killer because even if you weren't creative enough to create a complex season, and connecting it in the end, a least make it interesting by splitting the group up and trying to get the six cards from six different locations, for instance teaming up Mahoune and two "soldiers" ,having Sucre and Michael together and by "accident" near Sucre's girlfriend while trying to retrieve the card. Pretty much instead of having a card an episode, like they did, have a 1\6 of every card throughout 8 episodes, which would certainly commit the writers to come with a smarter way more clever plan to get each and every card in the "Prison Break" way. One more annoying thing is all those Dvd watching fans, no wonder you like the show the way it is you watch it like a great big movie, which leaves you with the taste of the first season still while you watch the 4th, us weekly fans wait and wait then wait some more to see the outcome of every episode, for weeks and weeks and quite frankly the quality is missing, something you " in 3 week watch all of prison break" fans don't get! So please if you if you fast forward 4 years into 3 weeks don't think you are the most eligible person to comment! -Click this link to discuss about it in tv.com forum! --> (copy and paste) http://www.tv.com/drama/what-would-you-change-in-prison-break/topic/103-1209759/msgs.html
  • I Iove Michael

Best show ever, this world will be great if out there would be smart people like Michael and all the elenco. Great show, thank you for it. He is so smart that he should be the president of the entire world. Yeah I just might love him to much. Everything he does make sense and makes most women go locas about his pride and common sense. Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, please bring them back a soon as possible. Im dying to see next season. yeahhhhhhhhh, people must watch it get a little bit smart when you see Wentworth miller. loveeee all about him . Uhmmmmm
  • i used to like it, really...

The show has just lost it edge and its touch with reality as it moves on. It gets really annoying when things that we, using our common sense, find not so plausible. The show really kicked of on high ground is season one, and looked very promising, but then as season two heated up the show, or whoever was writing it , couldn't find any logical explanation for itself. It was really discouraging to see it vanish like that. I mean, what most wanted man in America would go hunting for money in the middle of the US? And the ways that they escaped were just down right ridiculous to be fair.
    Got to give it credit for the beginning, but still doesn't look like it will bail out...
  • Intense show that peaks during the first and second seasons (minus finale for season 2).

An extremely intense, if flawed show that gets its tension from the machinations of the main character Micheal Scofield, a composed structural engineer with a kind heart who wants to break his brother out of death row, and from the colorful and amusing characters (mostly criminals as the show's title hints). While season 4 is just as thrilling as seasons 1 and 2, the first two have been my favorite since they have the most interesting characters: a mixture of innocents who were at the wrong place at the wrong time, some awful and incorrigible criminals, and a whole horde of corrupt secret agencies. However, the conspiracy aspect of the plot isn't dealt with so well, and this flaw is showing through season 4 which has a lot of continuity errors and see-through ad-lib plotting. And where are the tattoos?! I want to see more tattoos on Micheal.
  • prison break will still best action tv show ever , nothing in holywood able to compete with this indescribable show wentworth make us happy every episode witthis show ends cause nothing will fill it place ever

prison break will still best action tv show ever , nothing in holywood able to compete with this indescribable show wentworth make us happy every episode with his incredible acting i also love mhone very very much he is so good at doing his character and also so smart as michael HEY DUDE watch this show and u goanna be totally happy cause in every episode u will jump on your chair ten times at least . and it is gonna be the worst day in my life when this show ends cause nothing will fill it place ever
  • I just love it!

There's no better word to describe Prison Break than AWESOME. The show has got everything. A talented, mostly good looking cast, excellent story lines, action and romance in the right amount. Season 3, through, was not that great. In fact, it was awful. Too many new characters, too many dead ends, too little Alex Mahone and T-Bag. But on season 4, the real Prison Break we all love is back, and every episode feels like an adventure, once again.

It is, most certainly, one of the best shows on TV nowadays. After Friends, it's the one show I can call 'my favorite'.
  • mike is stupid

anyone here watch the preview for the episodes in the spring? michael is stupid he wants to kill lincoln, they are on a phone conversation and lincoln says " i just want our life back" and michael is like "im gonna do anything in my power to stop you" bottum line michael is working for the company and is stupid. I cant belive that Michael is working for the company his stupid mom is like making him, shes persuading him, and i hope lincoln kills michael because michael is stupid and hes the bad guy and lincoln is the good guy i hope mahone, self, t bag, and lincoln all shoot michael at once
  • Best show ever...

Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...Best show ever...
  • interesting with great joy and entertaining

I'm a movie fan and I watch movies a lot but I don't remember a movie about prison breaking like this so interesting .
    everyone is in his/her exact position in this show specially michael who has the perfect charecter and suite physic for this show , smart , musterious , handsome , genuis . yes it's like him .
    ofcourse there are some who sucks like mr.kim or Donald Self but because the whole key is the story you can ignor them .
    I really love this how before my favor one was LOST but this is more entertaining than lost and ofcourse LOST is more valuable than Prison Break but you can enjoy more of prison break than LOST .
  • best show ever

best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever best show ever
  • i like the last episode :) it was excitingg.

michael scofield is the best :)
    i like sucre and lincoln and mahone tooo.
    blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
    that should be 100 words :) dunno wat to say.
    i like prison break lol

R.I.P Brad Bellick
  • Review

What I love best about this show is that it has transformed itself with every passing season. No season is similar to another one. Each one has its own personal storyline to follow. The first one is regarded as the majoritys favorite, but seasons two and four had an amazing quality to them as well and season three was simply hampered by the writer's strike. I love the characters and I think that the ones that are left in season four have all been very well devoloped. There are some characters I wish could have been around longer but so is television writing. Im interested to see how they wrap everything up and hopefully it comes to as good as an end because that is what the show really deserved to give its very loyal fanbase.
  • Far from where it started, but still fun because of the characters.

This is a show that started with a fantastic idea in a new way. The break-out was a lot of fun in season 1. However, that only last so long before the show must reinvent itself. Season 1 is the break out, season 2 is on the run, season 3 is another break out, and season 4 is, well, it is still fun.

The show's primary strength is not so much the story lines now, but has become the characters. The characters are a lot of fun, and rather inventive. You begin to like them more and more. As a consequence, while I know the story line is a little ridiculous now I still find myself tuning in each week.

Decent show, but I am not sure how much longer it can last.
  • isang henyo si scofield.

in filipino:

sayang hindi ko kaagad nalaman ang prison break. sa dvd ko lang siya sinusubaybayan ngayon. kapag naumpisahan mo sa dvd para bang ayawa mo nang patayin ang tv at gugustuhuhin mong tapusin ang buong season. ang ganda talaga. ang ganda ng mga twist. ang ganda ng sounds, ang ganda ng mga naiisip ni scofield. sana magpunta nag cast ng prison break dito sa Pilipinas. ang ganda ng prison break. sana magkaroon din ng serye ang pilipinas na kagaya ng prison break. ang ganda ng plot. hindi lang basta-basta lumalabas ang mga characters, lahat halatang pinag-isipan. halos walang butas ang istorya. simply the best. more power!
  • 3 Words: BEST SHOW EVER

Prison Break has been by far the best TV show on our screens over the last 3-4 years. It has everything a successful show needs, Action, Drama, Comedy (mostly from Sucre) romance (althought I would love to see some love scenes between Michael and Sara!) and of course the odd health issues. Every actor through every season has been great to watch and everyone has excellent talent. I thought season 1 was totally awesome but 2, 3 and now 4 just got better and better. I have loved the story lines in each season and would love to see a 5th although I'm not holding my breath. It's easy to say that Wentworth Miller is also by far the hottest most talented actor on our screens and it would be such a shame not to have a date with him once a week (or twice in Australia) in our lounge rooms. There has been a lot of critisism towards Prison Break recently and I think this just shows that the public has no taste in TV programs and doesn't know a decent TV show when they see one. gotta love Prison Break
  • It's really sad if the serial stops in season 4.

Excellnt series! I think the way Mikel and Sarah along with all other crews it's fabulous. I think Prison break is the most flawless TV serial of Fox TV. Every single character has given their best in this serial. Especially Mikel and Sarah are the best TV couple for me. I wish they can do some movies as well like Prison Break. What i want to say is Prison Break is the best TV shows. Excitement and thriller is must in every episodes of it. Good luck guyz keep it up. I hope more serial will come ahead of this couple and crew set.
    Best luck to Mikel Sarah and every team members of Prison Break.
  • WOW!!!! Awesome episode!!!

I think this episode was one of the best in this show, and I just don't know what is going to happen next, I think Tombstone II is a preparation for a fifth season... personally I hope that doesn't happen, because I think that will worsen the show.

I hope the Company goes down and in the end all stays well for the brothers... because if not is going to be a disappointment.

Can't wait for next Monday to see the new episode... I am so anxious to see what's going to happen to Michael and Scylla. I hope that the show ends in this fourth season... If so I will say that "Prison break" is the best TV show I've ever seen in my entire life. Just FABULOUS!!!!
  • WoW was first word came out of my mouth as soon as i finished watching "Just Business" episode of my all time favorite serial i.e. Prison Break. This episode was really special the way things are unfolding for the viewers.

This review of mine is about the episode "Just Business" and episode did justice with the title. Every one of the stakeholder was in for JUST BUSINESS. It was really gripping right from the start. I enjoyed how Micheal and agent Self was trying to play each other's brain out. But in the end Micheal was just too good in planning ans also in execution... though Self still hold syclla but that is just his good luck. Company is now in real position to bargain as they have Micheal and now this "Tombstone II" thing on the file folder which General gave to Lincin is yet another twist- YES, twist; If you folks remember words like SONA, SYCLLA etc. they were all on General's file folders in previous seasons.So, keeping that in view I am really excited to know what the hell this Tombstone II is? and I do hope many of you are also waiting anxiously for knowing same thing. This episode once again laft PB wide open. There are news that two episodes have been added that that too just bring an end of PB but honestly I am not seeing that happening any time soon. Only thing PB is missing now is some Prison and Breaking out from there...Just put some of guys in a prison while Micheal is with Company, this serial will be just as brand new. Wish that will be true.(LOL!) :)
  • " Entertaining , edge of seat madness " my personal favourite show on tv ! Just amazing !!! People say it is getting worse , for me its getting beter and beter each episode ! absoloutly worth waiting a week to watch !

Prison Break in my opinion is the best tv show ever ! it just has it all . The action , drama , sometimes humour .... if you want a show that will make you watch tv like you have never watched it before .... prison break is the one ... favourite character is mahone , he is just a genius and and amazing actor. The writers to a great job and they are just so intellegent , No matter what people say about the show and how it changed from season one to season 4 .... it is still my favourite tv show and i wish it lasts for ever and ever :D
  • ---

First off I have to say that Prison Break is a really good show. I like it a lot and have to watch it all the time but one thing has been bugging me this whole season. Who ever thought it was a good idea to cast Michael Rappaport as an agent? That is one of the worst casting decisions I have ever seen. He just can't pull it off. And don't even get me started on Gretchen. She is so annoying and no matter what happens to her she just won't die. Also it is becoming a little repetitive. It's almost like they are out of ideas.
  • Gotta love Prison Break!!!

Ok so...I wanna start by saying I LOVE PRISON BREAK!!! When I watched the first few episodes I wasn't convinced to be honest, but as I watched more I got so into. Nowadays I can't live without it. I'm an addict. The show is brilliantly written and the writers keep the viewers guessing. There are so many twists and turns it's unbelievable. Just when you think you have it all figured out, the writers surprise you. The character progression throughout the series is great, as they have all grown and learned from all the experiences they have been through. It can be a little unrealistic at times, but it makes for good tv. Overall, I love this show and can't wait for Mondays!!!
  • one thing i want to tell

How can Lost attract so many people all over the world while Prison Break can't?I don't get it at all.I mean that Lost isn't that good and its very repeatable.However,most of the Prison Break fans "betrayed" it and they now prefer watching Lost.My opinion is that Lost sucks.Another thing that is realy annoying is that there is no support from the people to those who spend every day of their lives preparing and setting up the schene for the next Prison Break Episode!!!!!!Please respec those people and support their hard work.After all,they want to entertain the people,not themselves.Thanks Everyone.Prison Break for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • because i like it !!

oh i like this season because its so cool .
    and i watch all seasons because its nice and beautiful
    when i see evrey episodes i feel happy
    and im so intrested and you most watch all season PRISON BREAK for ever (((When writing your review, remember to keep the language clean. Reviews must be 100 words minimum. We encourage you to try to get your review right the first time--you may choose to edit it later on, but by doing so, you will lose any positive feedback associated with the review. We encourage you to write your review in a word processor or text editor, save it to your local disk, then copy and paste it in the box below. ))
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10