Prison Break

FOX (ended 2009)

Prison Break Fan Reviews page 9 of 52

• A mildly interesting show from the beginning, but has gotten better as the seasons go on.

I watched this show from the very first episode. I liked it, I watched it when I could. But then, I forgot about it.

Up until this season (4) I didn't watch it. And I must say, it hasn't changed it's quality and still has most of the original cast from it. It's a fast pace show that makes you squirm at times, but at the end of the episode, you're dying to watch the next.

I like that Sarah and Michael still have that relationship and the rest of the inmates from season one are still very actively involved. I'm actually quite suprised the show found ways to keep the show interesting when they broke out of prison. But the original name of the show doesn't seem to match the show now a days though. A good watch.
  • Prison Break is about an intellect, Michael Scofield who will do anything to get his framed brother, Lincoln Burrows out of jail. This is just the beginning of the work of 'The Company' and the brothers are never safe from them.

Prison Break is great! It's a brilliant idea by the creators and keeps you on the edge of your seat literally every second of the show. Wentworth Miller is amazing in the show and is a true actor, he completes his character Michael Scofield. It has action, drama, suspense and has a couple laughs once in a while. This show is seriously addicting, I can't get enough of it. If you want to watch a show that will keep you interested in and out, this is the show for you. Prison Break has new ideas every season and if you haven't watched it, you're missing out!
  • You can make a choice but can't choose the consequences.

This show has evolved a lot over the past couple of seasons. Although it is called Prison Break, the meat of this show is more about choices and consequences. There is no easy answer to fixing a problem and finding a solution. Someone does not simply make a choice and everyone is powerless to do something about it. Everyone in the show does something that affects everyone else. Action and reaction is the norm of life and this show does it great with obvious dramatized flare. Season four was a bit jarring as to the abrupt ends and re-openings of things that they spent the entire last season developing. Pacing is the new enemy of Prison Break now. The story all over the place and characters are now loosely tied together for the new upcoming plot. Enemies are now friends and the company seems to be a monolith no one knows or cares about but certain government workers are die-hard at bringing down and go to a bunch of convicts to have it be brought down. As forced as this may seem, it still has great character development and it is a show that delivers on great acting and development of the characters in the show. Prison Break is entertaining to watch. However, Season four had better slow down with the story and put some better resolve for this season from last and not be so abrupt. Also--and I'm sure the producers will do this--put some focus on the emphasis that it is called Prison Break for a reason. The show is a procedural as much as an action drama and should have some insight that the characters have to break in or out of some sort of prison. It was and is the reason I watch the show.
  • Breaking out of prison has never been so exciting.

The first time I saw this, I though Shawshank Redemption rip off. Nothing comes near to shawshank redemption for what it was, a film is amazing dialogues and great story. Of course the ending (which I won`t ruin for anybody) is of an awesomeness but was never really a film about breaking out of prison but rather life in prison. But this deals with escape and in the field, nothing beats Prison Break. The excitement provided by the show is overwhelming. Of course it is not very realistic in the long run as the show surprisingly keeps on re-inventing itself but who cares? It is as entertaining as ever.
  • One of the top shows atm

Lincoln Burrows is on death row for the murder of the vice president's brother. He insists he's innocent and only his brother Michael Scofield believes him. As an engineer who helped design the prison where Lincoln is being held, Michael takes drastic measures to help his brother. He gets himself arrested and sent to the same prison so that with his knowledge of the building the two of them can escape together. However, while inside, Michael discovers a massive conspiracy that is determined to see Lincoln's sentence carried out. Breaking out will be more difficult than he thought, but he's still going to try.
  • Sarah..

OMG ! This show was good but now i feel like i'm watching "bold and beautiful". [spoiler alert! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !] First Sarah is dead then she's alive and Michael is whining about her all the time .. It's not fun anymore. It was a good show and now it's a romance. I don't like it, it's boring and I'm not going to watch it anymore. Just my personal opinion :) It's as good as 90210 for me (which is so bad, it's almost funny :P) , lol :P :P :P :P
  • Action, thrill, suspense, tension, intensity,romance,cliffhanger, that`s prison break.

Prison break is a hit, make no mistake about it. It is impossible, inhuman not to get hooked after the pilot. Wows after wows, prison break never seize to amaze and re-invent itself. After a unique season 1, prison break proceeded to an equally unique season 2. Season 3 was a return to roots, which felt like a drag but gave quality entertainment. Season 4 is another re-invention, an angle with which we could make a new TV ala mission impossible, I love it. The characters are just awesome, we have those we love and those we hate with passion only to realize that we love them too.
  • Prison were made to be broken.

Prison Break is a Golden Globe and Emmy nominated American action/serial drama television series that premiered on the Fox Broadcasting Company on August 29, 2005. The series revolves around two brothers; one who, as of the pilot, has been sentenced to death for a crime he did not commit, and the other, a genius, who devises an elaborate plan to help him escape prison. Created by Paul Scheuring, the show is produced by Adelstein-Parouse Productions in association with Original Television and 20th Century Fox Television. The current executive producers are Scheuring, Matt Olmstead, Kevin Hooks, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse, Neal Moritz, and Brett Ratner.[1] Its theme music is composed by Ramin Djawadi, and was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award in 2006.[2]

Having completed three seasons, the fourth season, planned at 22 episodes, premiered with two episodes back-to-back on September 1, 2008 in the United States and September 2, 2008 in the United Kingdom. Prison Break features a serialized story structure, similar to that of its companion show during the first season, 24. The first three seasons of the series were primarily filmed outside of Hollywood; the first season was shot in and around Chicago, with the primary location being the then-recently decommissioned Joliet Prison while the second and third seasons were filmed mainly in small towns around Dallas. With the fourth season, the series is now filming in Los Angeles.
  • It is amazing how a show can challenge an audience's intelligence and thrive off good writing for three seasons and flush it down the sewer for no real reason. (spoiler alert)

I'm sorry -- after such a great run I expected something better than "but did you get a good look at the head in the box?" On top of that, and the never-answered question of why one short-term hostage would get tortured while the other one is left completely alone, when the dust settles and the object is set, both the security system and the plot to foil it are pretty bland. And I guess I have trouble with the machination of the homeland security agent being willing to pull so many strings to get together a team of people the Company is already intimately familiar to bring it down felt convenient and rushed. The laser tattoo removal was a bit of a stretch as well -- it seems to me that in a situation where they have your shirt off, passing for someone else is pretty much out the window. As for the cast, they do the best they can -- Wentworth Miller does seem stuck in scowl mood, but for a bunch of people who just got out of prison -- again -- the team as a whole seem surprisingly blase about the situation. But I have trouble giving the cast a fair evaluation when they have been asked to play out such a rushed and subpar storyline. I do hope that the rest of the season returns to the pace and standard of the first few seasons. So far the spy vs. spy thing really feels like a low point in the series, and the pacing and delivery really needs to look back on the success of previous deliveries to bring it back into line.
  • Can't wait for tonight's episode!

Can't wait for tonight's episode! Sara tancredi's back is the perfect element for fourth season to be watched. It is amazing how the creator of the show find other stories to tell about Michael Scofiled. Great mind! I have to add that the chose of the actors has been perfect. They compensate each other. Charismatic Michael Scofield; his brother's energy; Sara Tancredi's brain; enemies' beauty (both in the lady and in the birds' man).
    As soon as they keep on giving us this kind of stories the show will be at number one in my personal choices! Big thanks to everybody!
  • Hell yeah this show rocks

I watched season one and was all like, this is clever, and it had my blood pumping and heart racing all the time. Season two became all like clever on a different level- where as season one was like putting a puzzle together, season two was more like trying to out smart the puzzle- thats the way i see alex and michaels relationship. Anyway season two was good but season three was total sweet. yeah it was back on form and alot less clever but it was well written and acted. in short i cant wait for season four to air because i love this show.
  • A show I just cannot miss.

Prison Break, one of the best thing I`ve seen in my life. 100% fun guaranteed, entertainment at its very best. The show give tension, intensity, thrill and suspense like no other shows. Characters are really catchy, from Michael scofield and Sara, passing thru Abruzzi and T-Bag to Mahone and Linc, all great. The episodes are pretty fast paced, season 1 is more technical while Season 2/3 is more action wise. Season 4 has just started and lets say it is a mix of all the previous seasons. Too all people who haven`t seen prison break, I`ll recommend you to go to the DVD store and buy the 3 seasons because this is addiction guaranteed. :D
  • Addictive.

Prison break is surely one of those that just hit you.It is very addictive, from episode 1. The idea is original and besides the show keeps re-inventing itself. Season 1 featured an escape from Fox River prison. It was amazing and certainly one of the best thing ever on TV. Season 2, they escaped cons are on the run. Exciting with op action and tension, it was one hell of a season. Season 3 featured a Panama prison and it while not as good as season 1 it was still amazing. Season 4 is basically about bringing the villains down and it statred in an excellent way. The characters are great and actors equally great. Definitely one to watch.
  • A great suspense drama with thrilling plot twists and vivid characters.

I've only seen the first season and all I can say is awsome. Its smart, sophisticated and keeps you on the edge of your seat while still wanting more. The acting is amazing and the matirial they make up for the plot twists are very unpredictable making it all the the more exciting. The characters are intricate with their own personalities and backgrounds. The show also has a great suspence factor throughout which is essential for any quality drama. The only negitve is that it can be pretty disturbing at times. I look forward to seeing the next 3 seasons.
  • I would rather be in Prison then watch it.

I can not believe they are making another season! This show is what they made jump the shark for! It started as a great an interesting series. Now it has to be on of the most foolish and badly written shows on TV. I think the writers truly believe that the audience is mentally retarded. I would avoid this show at all cost! I am hoping that this show is cut in the middle so they can put on a better show. There were better series that were cut last year. Avoid this piece of garbage. You have been warned.
  • can't wait for tonight's episode

can't wait for tonight's episode! sara tancredi's back is the perfect element for fourth season to be watched. it is amazing how the creator of the show find other stories to tell about michael scofiled. great mind! i have to add that the chose of the actors has been perfect. they compensate each other. charismatic michael scofield; his "brother"'s energy; sara tancredi's brain; enemies' beauty (both in the lady and in the birds' man).
    as soon as they keep on giving us this kind of stories the show will be at number one in my personal choices! big thanks to everybody!
  • First two seasons were fantastic, third I'm not so sure.

For my classification I thought about selecting 'going downhill fast', but thought that might be a little harsh.
    The idea of the show is very compelling, and of course addicting to watch. The acting is fantastic, and I would say as good as the first season is, the second is better. I really enjoyed watching Mahone, and of course who didn't like watching Bellic get thrown in his own prison with the Giant sleeping next to him, or with him. For me and I'm sure for other people, season 3 is were it started racing downhill. Sarah leaving the show is the worst thing that could have happened, and I don't like LJ, so him being captured is lame and uninteresting for me. Plus Sona is made out to be the worst prison out there, but it's overrated, worst things happened in fox river. Overall the series lives up to its reputation.
  • It's really compelling and amazing.

I have to start by saying that Prison Break is one of the best shows ever created. Although when the first season premiered, its survival was unlikely, three seasons have been done going on the fourth. Talk about underestimation. Each episode takes me on the ride of my life, and I'm never unsatisfied with the story.And I'm the type of person who's always saying stuff like "It could have been better"... "I totally saw that coming"... you get the point. The only thing that I really don't appreciate is that people die or cut off on this show in abundance. Take Abrotzi, for instance. I loved his character. I especially liked the fact that he cuts off people's body parts with so much ease. I think he shouldn't have been killed by the Feds that easily. That was lame. Anyway I can't wait to find out what will happen next.
  • groundbreaking, heartpounding action packed excitement. i'm glad the show is back.

when i first heard of prison break. i thought it would of sucked. i thought how many times can he break out of prison? i am so glad i took the time to watch this show.i see now there's a deeper storyline waiting to come out. this show is outstanding by far one of the best yet. very intriguing great storyline, oh! yet's not forget about the action. the adrenaline rush you get when watching it. plus, it's got a great cast. i love the cliff hangers, at the end of the show too. it gives us a tease of what's in store on the next season. got us trying to predict what's gonna happen next. when it's totally something different. then what we expected. it keeps us guessing. i can't wait for this premiere of prison break to air.
  • Excelent Tv Jail drama

Prison Break its a great show Season 1c was good about a brother that send himself to jail to rescue his brothers, the tension, the scape plan and all that its was a good start
    Season 2 was iven better with the aftermath of the scape, the run, the hunt and all the problems the brothers have to pass for his search of the truth and their freedom
    Season 3 i felt like it was no "The same" but like season 1 again the jail, the scape blah blah blah anyway good still escaleting in the stairwell to the perfedtion Im waiting the new season to arive very excited

Best show ever… It's awesome!!!

I've been fan since it began three years ago, when I saw the first commercials I had a feeling that it would be fantastic and I wasn't mistaken.

For my, the three seasons have been spectacular, in special the first one (there are no words that describe it), but not any has disappointed to me, I'm always at the edge of my seat while watching them. I sadly don't understand why some people (the majority L) they have complained about the third season, it seemed great to me, it is certain that we lost a main personage, but the plot, the new atmosphere, the scenes, the performances, the action, are equal of good that in the other seasons, although if it is a little darker and with less funny moments. The fourth season looks soooo good; I can't wait until September 1st arrives!!!!
  • prison break the best serial in the world

we wait PRISON BREAK ,it's the best in world

Prison Break is the bomb show, It keps you guessing and in suspense, I like Michael Scofield, he is so laid back, and smart as hell!! This show should be a keeper, I keep up with every week when i get home from work i watch it, even my kids and husband love it. This is the season Finale this week, i cant wait for the new season to come back in a few months. I think the writers are doing a good job on this show, its always a new twist each time and you never know whats gonna happen next!!!
  • One of the most creatively brilliant new show in a long time.

Prison Break is the story of a man who throws away his life and goes to jail to break out his wrongly incarcerated brother. Sounds simple no? Well thats where your wrong

The prison Break series does not just deal with breaking out of prison (although it is the main point of the show) it also deals with a government conspiracy that is so intertwined with the lives of the brothers and their prison escape, that it makes the web of connections in heroes look like a smudge.

But, at the end of the shows second season, the writers decided to do something bold and conclude the government conspiracy storyline, but continur with the mysterious company storyline. In my opinion, this worked quite well and brought new life to the shows third season.

Now, The writing on this show is superb. Very rarely are there any plot holes or incinsistency's with the main storyline, and the show will always keep you on the edge of your seat with unexpected twists and turns that not even the most fanatic fans can guess.

The acting is another standout in this series. Wentworth Miller playes mysterious very well, and the gentlemen who portrays T-Bag (who's name eludes me at the moment) is also great. The reast of the actors are good but do not stand out as much as these two do.

All in all, this is definetly an amazing show worthy of being watched by anyone curious enough to be blown away.
  • Prison break is my whole life it's mine.

Prison break:
    it's regared the wonderful series i watch.
    it shows me a vivid picture from the real charity between brothers.
    it's the aim of my life nowdays in the meaning of all my thoughts.
    it's the series which every time see it i surprised.
    realy, prison break is the best.
    on one hand, prison break is an interisting movie which takes our attentions.
    on the other hand, prison break shows us the intimate side of us which is the intelligence of our brain which showed in michael scofield and alexander mahone.
    ---So i found no word to express my feeling for this series which forced me to amuse it and watch it more than 4 times.
  • i think the seassens 1-the lates were good

for 1 i like it iv been watching it sense the begining and naw well i think they may be takeing it to fare in other words streaching it to the last cent.i think it got good then some what bad then good naw wene i think hes going after sara it may get bad and may stop watching it i probrily wont stop but i think it will get bad.its just that with a show like this u cant streach it this fare it has to end soon cant last forever.. any way i tinke it may be comeing to a end soon..
  • Serial prison break best in the world

Serial prison break of the best serials in the story and script and representatives remarkable and deserves to be the first serial on the world ... Michael Scofield most intelligent person I saw I was and I like him because he loves good and assistance to kidney and brothers ... Sucre and bilateral Marekeros beautiful romantic ... I saw him Lt Bage and MTV because it did not help Scofield and that a criminal is always an evil ... The policeman Lt Brad Bilik, who but ultimately worth it ... And Lt Alex, but also very clever ... I want to have many parts to it very beautiful and wonderful and interesting
  • This electrifying thriller will keep you enticed throughout every episode.

Three words to sum up this show: Thrilling. Clever. Sensational.
    How can they make a show about breaking out of prison so entertaining? I mean, breaking out of prison is no easy job, but how the scriptwriters twist and turn the story around all sorts obstacles is remarkable. It's mind-blowing!
    Whenever Prison Break is airing it really is the highlight of the week. Every time an episode finishes you're left depressed and deprived, you go cold turkey, counting down the 601200 seconds until you're uplifted by another precious episode of Prison Break. When a season finishes it's like actually being in jail yourself.
    The acting in this show is nothing short of emmy award winning. Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell combine well to portray the two brothers. The brains and the brawn.
    This show is brilliant, magnificent, and is well worth a watch.
    Although i am only on season 2 episode 7 currently this show is becoming a favourite of mine, i had heard of it before but thought the idea of a prison break could only go so far- i was wrong! in seasin one michael robs a bank in order to get into a prison!!! why i hear you ask? to save his brother, who is on death row for a crime he says he didn't commit. i wont spoil it for those who havent seen it and are reading this to see if it is worth a watch, but, season 1 is full of plenty of tense moments and cliff hangers- it is also very clever and well written. if you like 24 for the rollercoaster ride and adrenaline rush each episode gives you then watch this.
  • Doesn't carry the same charm as it once did

I will sit here and keep this short Show carries a good bunch of characters.
    A once good script but went down the drain.

Am gonna write this reviews for people who are interested in it and want to know if its even good to spend time on.

This show is good for the first season and parts of the second. After that its the same used up script with different characters When they threaten to cancel it and made them go back into prison they should have ended it. Don't be surprised if they yank this junk off the shelf after the 4th season.
    They got nothing to fall back onto anymore.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13