Prison Break

FOX (ended 2009)

maxxie_m

Prison Break Fan Reviews page 9 of 51

• Best show ever… It's awesome!!! I've been fan since it began three years ago, when I saw the first commercials I had a feeling that it would be fantastic and I wasn't mistaken.

Best show ever… It's awesome!!!

For my, the three seasons have been spectacular, in special the first one (there are no words that describe it), but not any has disappointed to me, I'm always at the edge of my seat while watching them. I sadly don't understand why some people (the majority L) they have complained about the third season, it seemed great to me, it is certain that we lost a main personage, but the plot, the new atmosphere, the scenes, the performances, the action, are equal of good that in the other seasons, although if it is a little darker and with less funny moments. The fourth season looks soooo good; I can't wait until September 1st arrives!!!!
  • prison break the best serial in the world

we wait PRISON BREAK ,it's the best in world
  • THIS SHOW IS THE BOMB, WATCH IT EVERY WEEK!!

Prison Break is the bomb show, It keps you guessing and in suspense, I like Michael Scofield, he is so laid back, and smart as hell!! This show should be a keeper, I keep up with every week when i get home from work i watch it, even my kids and husband love it. This is the season Finale this week, i cant wait for the new season to come back in a few months. I think the writers are doing a good job on this show, its always a new twist each time and you never know whats gonna happen next!!!
  • One of the most creatively brilliant new show in a long time.

Prison Break is the story of a man who throws away his life and goes to jail to break out his wrongly incarcerated brother. Sounds simple no? Well thats where your wrong

The prison Break series does not just deal with breaking out of prison (although it is the main point of the show) it also deals with a government conspiracy that is so intertwined with the lives of the brothers and their prison escape, that it makes the web of connections in heroes look like a smudge.

But, at the end of the shows second season, the writers decided to do something bold and conclude the government conspiracy storyline, but continur with the mysterious company storyline. In my opinion, this worked quite well and brought new life to the shows third season.

Now, The writing on this show is superb. Very rarely are there any plot holes or incinsistency's with the main storyline, and the show will always keep you on the edge of your seat with unexpected twists and turns that not even the most fanatic fans can guess.

The acting is another standout in this series. Wentworth Miller playes mysterious very well, and the gentlemen who portrays T-Bag (who's name eludes me at the moment) is also great. The reast of the actors are good but do not stand out as much as these two do.

All in all, this is definetly an amazing show worthy of being watched by anyone curious enough to be blown away.
  • Prison break is my whole life it's mine.

Prison break:
    it's regared the wonderful series i watch.
    it shows me a vivid picture from the real charity between brothers.
    it's the aim of my life nowdays in the meaning of all my thoughts.
    it's the series which every time see it i surprised.
    realy, prison break is the best.
    on one hand, prison break is an interisting movie which takes our attentions.
    on the other hand, prison break shows us the intimate side of us which is the intelligence of our brain which showed in michael scofield and alexander mahone.
    ---So i found no word to express my feeling for this series which forced me to amuse it and watch it more than 4 times.
  • i think the seassens 1-the lates were good

7.8
    for 1 i like it iv been watching it sense the begining and naw well i think they may be takeing it to fare in other words streaching it to the last cent.i think it got good then some what bad then good naw wene i think hes going after sara it may get bad and may stop watching it i probrily wont stop but i think it will get bad.its just that with a show like this u cant streach it this fare it has to end soon cant last forever.. any way i tinke it may be comeing to a end soon..
  • Serial prison break best in the world

Serial prison break of the best serials in the story and script and representatives remarkable and deserves to be the first serial on the world ... Michael Scofield most intelligent person I saw I was and I like him because he loves good and assistance to kidney and brothers ... Sucre and bilateral Marekeros beautiful romantic ... I saw him Lt Bage and MTV because it did not help Scofield and that a criminal is always an evil ... The policeman Lt Brad Bilik, who but ultimately worth it ... And Lt Alex, but also very clever ... I want to have many parts to it very beautiful and wonderful and interesting
  • This electrifying thriller will keep you enticed throughout every episode.

Three words to sum up this show: Thrilling. Clever. Sensational.
    How can they make a show about breaking out of prison so entertaining? I mean, breaking out of prison is no easy job, but how the scriptwriters twist and turn the story around all sorts obstacles is remarkable. It's mind-blowing!
    Whenever Prison Break is airing it really is the highlight of the week. Every time an episode finishes you're left depressed and deprived, you go cold turkey, counting down the 601200 seconds until you're uplifted by another precious episode of Prison Break. When a season finishes it's like actually being in jail yourself.
    The acting in this show is nothing short of emmy award winning. Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell combine well to portray the two brothers. The brains and the brawn.
    This show is brilliant, magnificent, and is well worth a watch.
    Although i am only on season 2 episode 7 currently this show is becoming a favourite of mine, i had heard of it before but thought the idea of a prison break could only go so far- i was wrong! in seasin one michael robs a bank in order to get into a prison!!! why i hear you ask? to save his brother, who is on death row for a crime he says he didn't commit. i wont spoil it for those who havent seen it and are reading this to see if it is worth a watch, but, season 1 is full of plenty of tense moments and cliff hangers- it is also very clever and well written. if you like 24 for the rollercoaster ride and adrenaline rush each episode gives you then watch this.
  • Doesn't carry the same charm as it once did

I will sit here and keep this short Show carries a good bunch of characters.
    A once good script but went down the drain.

Am gonna write this reviews for people who are interested in it and want to know if its even good to spend time on.

This show is good for the first season and parts of the second. After that its the same used up script with different characters When they threaten to cancel it and made them go back into prison they should have ended it. Don't be surprised if they yank this junk off the shelf after the 4th season.
    They got nothing to fall back onto anymore.
  • Bestshow on tv!

Best show on television,Prison break revolves around two brothers,Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows,in the 1st season,Lincoln is convicted of a murder he didn't commit,Michael is convinced of his innocence so he devises a prison escape plan and tatooes it on his body,in the season finale,after many attempts,michael,his bother and six other convicts escape from the Fox rivers prison succesfully!In the 2nd season the convicts are the most wanted in America,they go on the run for West Morley's buried money which T-Bag obtains,michael and lincoln have FBI agent Alexander Mahone continously on their trail while they try to bring the Company down and escape to Mexico,in the third season Michael is sent to the prison Sona with Alex,Bellick and T-Bag,while michael plans another prison break along with a man named James whistler for a hostage exchange with the company to ensure Sara and Lj's safety!
  • the show is not as good as it was in the first 2 seasons but its still pretty good.

i didn't like the way that in the end of season 2 after all the trouble they went through to get the 5 million dollars, they just end up losing all of it but i have to say that I at first thought that Michael ending up in another prison would be stupid but after watching season 3 I think it is a great thing they did. They should not bring back Sara, her head got chopped off. How are they gonna bring her back ? The show should not go over season 4 or 5. They should end it on a high note.
  • An awesome show full of twist an turns and many different characters. The plot is brilliant and keeps you at the edge of your seat.

One of my favorite shows which follows two brothers Link and Micheal Scofield as they try to escape from prison. The plot is brilliant with the concept of having the escape plan tatooed on his body. The show is full of many twist and turns even after they escape the prison and get captured in a Panamnian prison. There are many characters in this show such as the Scofield brothers, Sucre who follows them throughout most the show, Agent Mahone who is the bad goverment agent, and many other convicts and government and normal civilians. This is one of my all time favorite show and I will continue to watch it now that they escaped the Panamanian prison.
  • Prison Break is a show that starts with Michael robbing a bank just so he can get into a prison.

Prison Break is a show that starts with Michael robbing a bank just so he can get into a prison. That prison is Fox River, where his half brother is on death row for a assassination of the vice president's brother. Whom is still alive!
    Michael was the engineer. Who last redesigned Fox River and he had the planes tattooed over his complete body. This is the foundation on which his plan to get his brother out of prison. However, for his plan to work he needs help from other inmates in Fox River. Consequently his plan begins. But the other inmates are not persuaded as easily as Michael hopped they would be. Michael, the other inmates, Fox River staff and his brother make up the cast. Prison Break is one of my very favorite shows on TV to day. I only gave it a nine because, I do not give out tens. Nor do I give out zeroes. I do not believe that there is anything that is perfect or a nothing.
    Having said that I do think that Prison Break, is very creative and ingenious, it breaks through the bounds of the old stuffy fit in the box, same thing next week that most shows have today. Also each weeks episode ends with a cliff hanger that will keep you guessing until the next installment.
  • This drama focuses on a prison designer who gets himself thrown into one of his own prisons to help his falsely accused brother escape death row.

Minutes after his arrival at Fox River State Penitentiary, Michael Scofield (Wentworth Miller) meets a corrections officer just as cartoonishly menacing as those you've seen in the movies. "The Ten Commandments don't mean a box of piss in here," Captain Bellick (Wade Williams) tells the new inmate. "We got two commandments and two only: The first commandment is you got nothing coming." And the second? "See commandment number one."

"Gotcha," Michael says, his blue eyes pulsing with amusement. "Just trying to fly low, avoid the radar, boss. Do my time and get out." So far, so okay. But then Bellick speaks again ("There isn't any flying below my radar"), and it's clear just where Prison Break falls on the rehash-to-send-up continuum: it's all about the cliché.

In the first two episodes, writer/creator Paul Scheuring serves up an array of chestnuts, including, "You're already dead to me" (angry teen to his death row inmate dad) and, from the prison's resident mob boss, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer." Prison is overpopulated with familiar characters as well, like the warden (Stacy Keach) who wants something from the new prisoner, and the aging inmate (Muse Watson) over-invested in his pet. And as the title reveals, the escape plot is in motion from Episode One. This is a weekly Shawshank, tweaked to pull in the younger, less schmaltzy set.

To that end, Scheuring tries hard to make Fox's latest suspense drama hip and humorous. Michael is almost cheeky as he robs a bank at gunpoint (his way of breaking in to prison, so as to get his brother out), and the teller's deadpan explanation that she can't open the vault because the branch manager is at White Castle ("They serve those little square burgers") is straight out of Dark TV Comedy 101. Once inside, the burden of humor shifts to Michael's friendly cellmate, Fernando (Amaury Nolasco. A model prisoner allowed conjugal visits with his girlfriend, Fernando seeks another word for "love" while penning a proposal. "What's the context?" Michael asks. "The 'I love you so much I ain't never knocking over a liquor store again' context. Except, you know, classy." Michael's answer is aptly vague: "Try passion."

This is something Michael has in abundance, all channeled into his outlandish plot to free Lincoln (Dominic Purcell, as the death row dad) from Fox River. A structural engineer who knows something about the prison's floor and security plans, he has just 30 days to get the job done before his brother will be executed. Linc the Sink (as he's known inside) was convicted of killing the Vice President's brother, and initially both Michael and Lincoln's old girlfriend Veronica (Robin Tunney) believed he was guilty. Lincoln swears otherwise ("Whoever it was that set me up wants me in the ground as quickly as possible"), and since the series cuts frequently to illustrative flashbacks and the current shady machinations of two Secret Servicemen anxious to see the execution go on as scheduled, odds are good big brother's telling the truth.

As Veronica is now digging into the case, she's in jeopardy, too. In a Gatsby-ian bit of blocking, she meets with a nervous potential witness in the shadow of the new Crown Fountain in Chicago's Millennium Park. While they whisper, one of the Fountain's videotaped faces looms behind them, seeing all. Subtle and unsettling, the scene is undercut by a tired reveal of those sinister agents, who are watching from afar.

Indeed, as locations go, Scheurling got lucky. Prison action is shot at 147-year-old Joliet Correctional Institute, which once housed serial killer John Wayne Gacy and closed up shop three years ago. Even as it's representing this comic book world, the Joliet complex manages to intimidate. Alas, the same can't be said of Prison Break. For every step forward (intricate plotting, Wentworth's engaging lead performance), the show also manages to stumble back (rote subplots, incessant lame dialogue as exposition). If we exchange "blueprints" for "plot," Lincoln sums up the series' problem best: "You may have the blueprints of this place, but there's one thing those plans can't show you. People." The good and bad guys swirling around Michael might cry, fight, screw, and bleed, but they still look like cardboard to me.
  • There should have been more... or less

7.6
    The action series awoke my attention right from the start, but I must say that they still must struggle to keep it that way. I like the plot and the characters, but I feel like something is missing.

When I was a kid, Monte Cristo was my hero, so any story about a prison break fits in my schedule. And if the character is wrongfully accused, here I am, stuck to the TV screen. I loved the tale of the escape, but when the plot twisted and turned back and forth and I saw Michael Scofield sent again to prison, I got a little bored. I think that it would have been best if the series had been cut short to the first season or if they had made up a miniseries.
  • who ever thought that a show about breaking out of prison could be so much more....

from the outstanding ensemble of characters, the full range of acting, the great writing, and the tatoos prison break has been the best show on television since it came out back in 05. Everybody hates mondays because it is back to school or work but Prison Break has been the best thing on a monday since color television. Michael is the problem solver, Lincoln tags along except when he was a major contributor in season 3, sucre is pure fantastic, what more can we say about t-bag, c-note brought a lot to the cast, mahone is fantastic, abruzzi was one of the best characters since episode 1 and hundreds of more characters i have not even mentioned like kellerman and etc.
  • I can't wait for season 4. I thought it's gonna be great with Sara back and all. This is my absolutley favorite show EVER!

Do anyone know if you can buy prison break magazines in sweden? I would love to have them but i don't think they sell them here.. :( --

• Brilliant story.

The show has had me hooked to it ever since I watched the very first episode back in Season 1. The show has fallen quality wise and the story has been getting repetitive ( and old ), but it still manages to keep me coming back for more.

It is very well written and each episode is packed with action and adventure. There are plenty of twists and turns that always keep you on your feet, the viewer truely has no idea whats going to come next in this brilliant show. Lately it has become more predictable than it initially was but it still is one of hte best shows out there.
  • fox river has thousands of inmates, and some of them have interesting stories to tell.

• After season 2, this show has started to go down hill.....

This show started off amazing. It was completely different to anything else which I had seen before. It mainly focused on Michael and his brother Lincoln. Lincoln, was sent to prison for murdering the Vice President's brother. Only he claims to be innocent and Michael believes him, and has to prove that he is innocent. The whole how to escape from prison with tattoos and the obstacles in the whole was amazing. And then the whole company behind it all (the murder and the set up) developed, and I also loved that aspect of the show. Season one was brilliant and had me on the edge of my seat. Season 2 was also good; the whole on the run, focussing on different members who got out, and I also loved how the whole Michael and Sara relationship developed. But then season 3 started, and for me personally, this is when the show started going downhill. Perhaps it was because the show ended up, back where it had started. Season 1 is definitely worth watching and so is season2, but for me personally I would stop there.
  • Prison Break

Airs Next: FOX at Monday 8:00 PM (60 min.) Status: Returning Series Premiered: August 29, 2005 Show Categories: Action/Adventure, Drama Prison Break is a drama from executive producers Brett Ratner, Paul Scheuring, Matt Olmstead, Marty Adelstein, Dawn Parouse and Neal Moritz.

After getting himself incarcerated in Fox River State Penitentiary to free his wrongly accused brother, Lincoln Burrows, Michael Scofield is now on the loose–along with his brother and six other convicts. Set to uncover the $5 million hidden by D.B. Cooper, the escapees attempt to evade capture–being tailed by both Captain Brad Bellick and FBI Special Agent Alexander Mahone
  • You've heard the hyperbole, seen the moody trailers, read a hundred reviews praising it in the highest terms. And it is a fun show. But at the end of the day, the nicest thing I can say about it is: it's not as bad as Lost.

6.6
    It's not big, and it's not clever. Keeping the viewer so completely in the dark that they have no clue what's going on beyond the contents of the current episode quickly wears thin. Because, y'know, we start to wonder whether the writers and producers really know what's going on either. This kind of show walks a fine line between suspending disbelief and losing any sense of narrative.

And Prison Break started so well! The first season showed so much promise. The actors were OK, the writing was OK, the direction was good, and most importantly: the plot was tight and well managed. We were carefully supplied with enough answers to keep us interested, and the characters made us care about them.

Season two had to work very much harder, the central core of the story having been lost - the prisoners were out, where could they go? William Fitchner's FBI agent carried the second season, and supplied the required foil for the other characters. But it couldn't last all year. During the final eight episodes, Prison Break started going off the rails. We passed the point where belief can be suspended. The plot got lost and all we were left with was a production team that wanted to string it out.

The female lead sensibly left, gutting the character dynamic for the preposterous third season, in which the protagonists are: back in prison! An improbable number of the central cast all end up there, by completely different means, and without the careful planning of the first escape it became a make-it-up-as-we-go-along farce.

Prison Break could have been truly great. But it lost its way, and became a story for the sake of a story. Paul Scheuring, JJ Abrams, and all the others, need to go back to school on J Michael Straczinsky. Watch Babylon 5 and weep, losers! A story with no ending isn't a story at all. Stop stringing it out, and do some proper plotting for once!

So, this all begs the question: why am I still watching it? Is it the memory of the one-and-a-half glorious years? Maybe. It's not nearly as compelling as it was. I guess that's why it's called a guilty pleasure...
  • Awesome, just awesome. This show should never go off the air!!!!!!!

Awesome, just awesome. This show should never go off the air!! Just when you think you know what will happen, bang, you lost it and everything changes. The brothers are blood and that is the strongest bond there is. So they go to great lengths to save one another so they can live free even though they have really never done anything wrong except get set up by bad people. And when you think Sara is dead and decapitated, out of know where she rises from the ashes and gives so much life back to the show. Best series of all time!!
  • The Best Show Ever Made!!! That's what Prison Break are

Prison Break is the most intriguing, heart-breaking, action packed show on tv right now. The history of the two brothers, Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows involved love, loyalty, determination and is the most emotional history on tv.

Murders, deaths, good/evil, action/adventure, love, loyalty are some of the elements that we find in every episode of Prison Break.

The act is the best on tv. Wentworth Miller is the best actor right now, his Michael Scofield is the hero of our time. Dominic Purcell plays a Lincoln brave, his portrayal is fabulous and the chemistry between the two is amazing, they really look brothers. Robert Kneeper, Willian Fintcher, Amaury Nolasco, and the supporting cast are all fabulous. Kneeper (T-Bag) is a joy to wacth.

The crew are superb too. This is the show that everybody needs to wacth. It use all the potential that television could offer. And the history is original and unique, helping the show to be the best.

The act-breaks are the best on tv and the cliffhangers are all amazing, if you wacth one episode, you'll want to see them all.
  • The first two seasons was OUT of this WORLD !!!!

Season 1- One of the most realistic prison (based) drama that you can (ever) see.

Season 2- Amazing suspence and thriller aspects are brought in my adding up conspiracy theories and charractor biographies.

Season 3- Bit dissapointing compared with the other 2 seasons ,but the first 6 to 7 episodes were right on the money.

One of the most aspired charactoristics of this show is how the influential charactors get killed without any warning.This show does it better than 24.

hope with the writers bak on track the fourth season will become a BLAST !!! - - - - - - - - 6
  • The greatest show on right now because the story never wears off its influence. I wish this show lasts a few seasons.

A perfect show which fills out every character's history in the first season and then gets even more interesting after the break out as more attention grows towards the escapees. Agent Mahone introduced in season two is well played by William Fitchner. You will notice that the action is far more exciting out in the open then it was in the enclosed space of Fox River Prison.

On the run looking for the five million dollars is exciting and makes a great adventure. I don't have a lot of time so I'll just say this, Prison Break is a must watch show. I just wished they explained whats happening to show right now.
  • I Watched 1-2 series but then stoped showing on channel 4 so i couldnt watch it no more i it was left on a cliff hanger grrr Bought the dvds the didnt work Miss The Show Hoping to buy the dvds again

I Think Prison Break is a Excellent Show ! ! !

Great Story Line I started to watch it but didnt like it so i stopped watching it ----Bad Mistake Luckly i didnt miss alot of the first series and started watching in again. I got into it a lot more and more every episode The story Line is so good it gives out high adrenaline rushs!!

Also A Other Great Idea Was To Tatoo The Prison Plans Everyone On Your Body As A Map... Because Michael Scoffield just had to be the designer of the prison Didnt He lol

Thats The End Of By Review Thanks For Reading :)
  • Best Show Ever Inveted Period!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From the first time I seen the first episode I was Hooked Season 1 is better than any other T.v. show on in 2005. Great Actors & Actress, There's twist & turn in every episode. Every comircial break is a cliff hanger there's nothing else on T.v like it. Season 2 & Season 3 are just as good but in there on way. Season 2 was filled with alot of Action,Cleverness & emotion and I loved every minute of it. Season 3 was more Violent & grusume and as a male fan I loved every minute of it. What more you want me to say Im Addicted and can't wait for Season 4 Sara's Back & hopefully Kellerman this may be the best season Yet. Prison Break The Best Thing On T.v Period
  • When Michael Scoffield decides to get his set-up brother out of prison, Lincoln Burrows, he really does mean it. He ahs tatooed the prison all over his body so he knows what way to escape with his innocent brother. But will they get out... a

Prison Break is one of the best prison escapes TV shows, or even movies ever. It has a great story line and is pretty easy to follow if you listen carefully. This show reminds me a bit of "Shawshank Redemption" because of the fact that an innocent man is trying to get out.
    Michael Scoffield is probably the best ever thinker in the world. I know its just a TV show but the way Michael escaped is just fascinating, even more fascinating is how he did it with his brother and also other people from the prison.
    A great TV show that has always been consistent with the critics saying its a good show. I bet a lot of prisons around the world watched this show and wondered...
    Do we have a Michael Scoffield in here?
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13