Prison Break

The Final Break

Aired Monday 8:00 PM Unknown on FOX

• More like the final "heart" break....

I know over 500 people that watched prison break and they want to see more of prison break. We want prison break back on fox. This series was excellent throughout the entire run, but they stumbled at the finish line. This is one show where killing off the main character actually did more harm than good. With all that they went through, dodging the constant barrage of bullets, the countless betrayals, and the endless pursuits, to have Michael undoing come in the form of amoreI know over 500 people that watched prison break and they want to see more of prison break. We want prison break back on fox. This series was excellent throughout the entire run, but they stumbled at the finish line. This is one show where killing off the main character actually did more harm than good. With all that they went through, dodging the constant barrage of bullets, the countless betrayals, and the endless pursuits, to have Michael undoing come in the form of amoreI know over 500 people that watched prison break and they want to see more of prison break. We want prison break back on fox. This series was excellent throughout the entire run, but they stumbled at the finish line. This is one show where killing off the main character actually did more harm than good. With all that they went through, dodging the constant barrage of bullets, the countless betrayals, and the endless pursuits, to have Michael undoing come in the form of amoreI know over 500 people that watched prison break and they want to see more of prison break. We want prison break back on fox. This series was excellent throughout the entire run, but they stumbled at the finish line. This is one show where killing off the main character actually did more harm than good. With all that they went through, dodging the constant barrage of bullets, the countless betrayals, and the endless pursuits, to have Michael undoing come in the form of amore
  • Want more episodes

I know over 500 people that watched prison break and they want to see more of prison break. We want prison break back on fox. We love the shows and i love then to because i like it when they were trying to break out the prison they showed team work. We wanted to know if you guys could make more shows please. You can't just stop the tv shows there. You can make them keep going like making them go back to prison but Michael could be on death row this time and Lincoln could break him out this time but make it harder for him to break him out. Please make more shows
  • More like the final "heart" break....

This series was excellent throughout the entire run, but they stumbled at the finish line. This is one show where killing off the main character actually did more harm than good. With all that they went through, dodging the constant barrage of bullets, the countless betrayals, and the endless pursuits, to have Michael undoing come in the form of a circuit box (although ironic, seeing as how Linc was the one originally suppose to die by electricity in a prison). Michael was much too smart to meet his end in such a manner, even under pressure, he was quick on his feet in far more dire circumstances to be bested by a fuse box. And the whole brain tumor angle should have been left in the past. I can understand Michael's sacrifice, but I think it should have been Sarah's freedom in exchange for his own scenario, instead of killing him off. Sometimes the less dramatic option is the most effective, and I think it would've been a better alternative for this series. I would've rather seen Michael standing next to the circuit box with that smug smile on his face while the FEDS arrested him, especially since they were hellbent on stopping him and they failed. They could have sent him back to Fox river, and ended with Linc coming to visit him with an escape plan, bringing the show full circle. Just would have made more sense IMO. Other than that, great show, ending just kinda hurt the overall product.
  • even though the ending sucked it was for the best

okay, ive read everyones review, and it did confuse me abit when i saw that at the end of episode 22 after seeing his grave (and one would think his death was down to the tumor) that it would have been because of that, but the episode after was not necessary at all, it didnt make sense to put teabag and gwetchin and then also the general all in the same prison, seems abit of a coinsidence, but after all of them signing the agreement in episode 22 and getting ammunity from all their charges, even though they probably had loads of cctv of all of them atleast killing someone, they still had to go and do something silly and release another episode where they have a video of sarah in a random warehouse killing christina.

anyway I have also seen there are alot of people saying that michael is still alive, but i dont think that is the case at all seeing as there is a tombstone in the end of episode 22 where there is a 4 years on scene, so michael will not be coming back, however it does give the impression that because we didnt see what happened at the end of 23 but just a prison door with the lights off, it can be assumed that michael is still alive and the body in his tombstone is not of him, but lets not run to any assumptions, i think the ending should have just been left at episode 22, the 90 minute spin-off was not needed.

• gaming of mind

terrible actions . heart breaking, michael is absolute of his action.
  • ideas

it was sooo sad when micheal died but i think they could bring out more prison breaks and say that micheal was caught by the police but they keepted i quit so that no one tried to break him out of prison again
  • prision break was one of the best movies i have ever seen the ppl that made this was awesome they need to keep up the gr8 work

awesome keep up the gr8 work i hope to see another come out. even thou micheal is dead they can still do another because u still have ppl in prision to break out and i know that the producers could come up with another gr8 showor they could just bring back micheal and say he was mia and that would be even a better plot.i would love to see more of that lets see if the producers come up with something hopefully they will because i do not think anyone else couild come out with a better produced and better directed show.
  • Sarah is jailed for the murder of Michael's mother. Michael, Lincoln, Sucre, and Mahone team up to break her out.

I'm sorry. This was a TERRIBLE ending. It made the series finale worse! Happy endings don't always need to happen. However, I've gotten quite tired of writers trying to be "different" with the bitter-sweet endings. It's actually quite refreshing now to see a happy ending. Let's not kid ourselves: THIS IS FICTION. The whole premise of the show is to entertain. Our protagonists have had enough negatives in their back-stories as well as the setbacks that were portrayed throughout the series. This called for a bright ending…Michael and Sarah riding off into the sunset together, exonerated, with their family and friends. There was NO need to bring the tumor back, no need to put Sarah in prison, no need for Michael's suicide to save Sarah. As smart as we've seen he is, he would have come prepared to handle the two hot wires he handles in Sarah's escape scene – without dying. Then he would have found a way to handle the tumor issue which made NO sense in the first place. It was REMOVED by the best doctors in the world!!! I feel cheated after investing 4 years into a beloved series. We always new Michael was going to get out of whatever jam he was in throughout the series. So we always expected he'd have a happy ending with Sarah. Sometimes it's okay to give the viewers what they want. I will now tell everyone NOT to watch the series if they haven't seen it. This ending totally negates the purpose of investing time in it. The first two seasons were the best. The third Season was the weakest and cost the show credibility when Michael had to break out of another prison. The fourth and final season was salvageable IF they would have ended it correctly. The scene in the finale episode where Sarah and Michael are walking on the beach, hand-in-hand should have been the ending. No nose bleeds and no death of the main protagonist. I'd be shocked if the cast actually enjoyed this ending. I'm surprised they didn't contest it and demand a re-write if they could have. If Brett Ratner is responsible for this ending, I now have certifiable contempt for most of his notable post-"Rush Hour" work He botched the third X-Men movie. "X-Men United" and now has destroyed the whole "Prison Break" series in the last 4 episodes. This ending almost ensures that NO one will buy the DVD collection since what you've been hoping for during the entire series (Sarah and Michael having a life together) DOESN'T happen and NEVER will.
  • Badly executed

First off: The series finale ended with the whole group (except for Gretchen, Self and T-Bag) being exonorated and thus free and dandy - one would hope. Michael suddenly bleeds from his nose again (!) and then there's a flashforwad four years into the future which ends with the group gathering around Michael's tombstone. The logical assumption would be that he died of the once again spreading tumor, but Sarah had a strange non-explained scar at the right of her back. Obviously the writers thought we needed answers, to get it all wrapped up for us, hence this final break-episode. The final break is utterly redundant and makes no sense at all. Why make an 90 min episode filled with crap? Sarah gets arrested for the murder of Christina... The evidence is the tape from a security camera placed in a wierd angle only revealing Sarah shooting. A functional security camera in an abandoned warehouse? I don't think so. Anyhow this makes up for another prison break yet again, yay! The writers recycled that already in the third season, damnit, but clarely it didn't bother them to do it again. I simply don't get it. Why didn't they settle for a more mellow ending for the series, without killing off the main character for no need. He had his surgery, he was well, everyone was fine and they were free, I didn't see any reason to twist it once again - why, why and why? It's melodramatic and cheap tearjerking. Now, after seeing this episode, it came clear though. They made him worse again so that his suicide/sacrifice-move to break out Sarah would seem plausible, and thus making it even more melodramatic and tearjerking. Why a apparent genius, a prodigy of prison breaks suddenly becomes a complete moron, one could ask. Sarah was hold at a minor prison, nothing like Fox River and clearly lacking in security. The keycard didn't work and option b was suicide? Since when, when it comes to prison breaks, does Michael's opition b contain suicide? Never. It's totally out of character and is put there to envoke, or even force, an emotional reaction within the viewer.

It's cheap and it's poor writing. It all would've been more consequent if Michael didn't got the nosebleed in the series finale. They should've wrapped it up without Michael being dead. No, I don't always want happy endings - but I don't want melodramtic and tearjerking endings. There was no need for his death: He was fine after the surgery and the company burned, they all got their freedom. It should've definately stayed that way.
  • This is the best TV show I have seen till this day .

wtf? the guy was so innovative throughout all 4 seasons, how come he couldn't come up with a way to connect 2 wires without blowing himself up?!.
    This is so lame...and disappointing.
    It would have been much better ending if he died from his tumor.

And I don't think he really deserved to die since all things began from his dad who wanted to bring down the company and as a consequence the company went after Linc by setting him up with a murder.

hope they'll come up with a sequel since they don't really show Michael's death.

All in all this is the best TV show I have seen till this day .
  • What an awful ending - what an awful wrap up - what a waste of time

This show has become the most rediculous show on TV. It started with two amazing and suspenful seasons. Panama turned this show into a lame joke, season 4 (Miami) has made a joke out of it. I hope everybody got paid well enough in order to participate in twop more seasons.

Especially the "Final Break" episode: WTF?
    Sarah goes to prison? For abiding the brothers in their flight? For killing Michael's mother? Where did that come from all of a sudden? (Proof: Video footage??? Then everybody is put into the same prison? All the bad guys? And they break her out - wihtin 48 hours? I am so sorry that I watched the show - what a was of time.

My main question is: where is the story??? Hello?
    Instead of creating a happy end or something logical the writers come up with this totally constructed, artificial storyline in order to keep us audience hanging for another 90 minutes - only to disappoint us even more. And Kellerman is not dead - good for him. Bad for the show. And the wife of deceased (i.e. slain) agent Danny spits him in the face - how dramatic!!!

And now Michael is irreversibly ill, he does not tell anybody because he must have know the development of the whole story after all. Therefore he breaks Sarah out - why did he not kill his mother if he was going to die anyway?

My suggestion would have been: 1. Kill off the general - we have seen the execution in the final episode.
    2. Kill of Mum - done
    3. Kill of T-Bag - why another incarceration - finish him off so there is no chance to revive a louse show.
    4. Kill off Mahone - he played both sides of the game and was not a very "nice" agent before being arrested when he killed the young kid from season 1 & 2

Bye Bye Prison Break!
  • Too many plotholes undermine the intentions

This direct-to-DVD release has an interesting history. The general story first originated with the announcement that “Prison Break� would receive its own spin-off, set in a woman’s prison, provisionally called “Prison Break: Cherry Hill�. What must have seemed like a good idea at the time of the writers’ strike of 2008, however, must have seemed far less promising once the fourth season numbers came in for “Prison Break� itself.

When FOX announced that the fourth season would be the end of the series, the writers still had six episodes left to write. That gave them time to wrap things up, but they wanted an extra couple of episodes to put a final spin on the story of Michael Scofield. The studio was more than happy to put forward the capital for the project, but somewhat foolishly, the network decided not to air these two episodes (“The Old Ball and Chain� and “Free�).

This is an oddity, to say the least. Despite the fact that the episodes were produced relatively soon after the final episodes of the series, it doesn’t have quite the same tone. These episodes feel a bit more isolated and self-contained. Also, the pacing is significantly different from the pace of the fourth season. This story feels rushed, jumping from concept to concept so quickly that they never seem to get the treatment they demand.

At the same time, it feels like the writers had intended the first segment of “The Old Ball and Chain� to be the original end of “Killing Your Number�, the series finale. Similarly, it feels like the epilogue in “Killing Your Number� would have made a bit more sense at the end of “Free� (even if this story’s ending is more than sufficient). It fills in the obvious gaps in the finale, which is what the producers promised.

Which is why it is odd that “Final Break� manages to add details that don’t add up. It explains Michael’s death with a nice twist, explaining precisely why the characters seen in the epilogue of “Killing Your Number� were the ones that kept coming back year after year. It provides Mahone with a much better moment of redemption and explains why he would be on such close terms with Lincoln, Sara, and Sucre. And it wraps up a couple of plot threads that were left dangling.

Yet for all that, the finale was definitive because the surviving “good� members of the Escape Squad were free and clear. Kellerman’s amnesty resolved the possibility of anyone being hunted down from that point forward. Forcing Sara into a prison makes sense if and only if her eventual exit places her character, and everyone involved, in the same free and clear status.

This story does not do that. Michael dies in the commission of yet another federal crime, so his exoneration would be null and void. He certainly wouldn’t be allowed to be buried by family, which is the only way to explain his tombstone. (And one would think that someone would be watching the tombstone, especially on anniversaries, if any of the gang was an escaped convict or an accomplice to a prison break!)

Sara herself is now legally a fugitive, so how does Michael’s assertion that she is “free� at the end make any sense at all? Lincoln’s decision to run with Sara, and stay close to Sara and the kid, doesn’t mesh with the epilogue either. They don’t seem to be anywhere near each other four years after the fact. Mahone’s involvement would have been very obvious, given that he betrayed the FBI, so how would he remain at all free? And Sucre is right back with his family by the epilogue, so the authorities would clearly know where he was!

Perhaps worse, the inclusion of the General and T-Bag undermines the strength of their final comeuppance in the finale. This may be the General’s final gasp of revenge, but it easily could have been some straggler from the Company, which would have kept the General’s fate intact. It was important for the General to be left ineffectual at the end; keeping him viable as a villain undermines that. T-Bag came out a little better in terms of proper resolution, but the writers seemed to be forcing the character into the mix.

Not everything is frustrating or counter-productive to the purpose of providing a strong explanation for Michael’s death and the circumstances of the epilogue. Mahone’s character arc comes to a better end than presented in the finale, and it was good to see Gretchen’s arc end on a positive note. Given how little time they get to make an impression, the characters in the women’s prison are quickly distinct. Daddy is a bit too much like a female T-Bag at times, but Lori Petty makes it work well.

If the epilogue in “Killing Your Number� had never been shown, this particular coda would have been perfectly fine. It still would have felt a bit rushed, but switching from a season arc format to a direct-to-DVD format has its natural limitations and that would have been easy to forgive. For a such a presentation, this has great production values. Most of the problems are problems of continuity, and considering that the finale and this production came about in roughly the same time period, the discrepancies are hard to swallow.
  • Very well done.

!I hate Fox so much for this. I loved how things were wrapped up in the "series finale" but this, this would have been the better end. It fits so well with the events of the series finale. Of course, releasing an individual dvd=more $$$. Well good luck with that, the episode is out in international channel and all over the net.
    The episode had everything I like, wait I love about this show. Starting of course with the prison environment. It was a women`s prison this time and it was as fun. Michael is a genius who orchestrated an escape to save sara and also a wonderful human being who gave his life for his pregnant wife. Absolutely beautiful!
  • Prison Break is truly over now. :(

Prison Break is truly over, not after all the "Why or why did the do that" moments in the finale, wondering why it felt so rushed. No, now we know what happened to Michael. No the guy who broke out of prison twice didn`t just die of a Tumor. Na, he died while orchestrating a 3rd successfully break out. A break out that proved fatal to him as he sacrificed himself to safe sara.A fitting end, the ultimate sacrifice. The ending was very very sad but in a way very satisfying. I am glad they ended it with this and not with the series finale. I will miss this show.
  • Final break is a fast paced, exciting and emotion filled adventure full of twists.

I must admit I didn`t watch much of the last couple of episodes of prison break. Yeah thank you fox for moving the show to death bed friday and not even promoting it for the loyal fans. Bravo. I did manage to catch the controversial finale. I thought it was fun but the ending with Michael`s death felt a little mean. Well that was then, everything is forgiven with the final break which offered the perfect closure to the show.
    Final break is a fast paced, exciting and emotion filled adventure full of twists.Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, William Fichtner, Sarah Wayne Callies and the rest of the gang all do their usual solid work although this mostly Miller and Callie's show. I was kind of surprised that Purcell doesn't have as much to do this time. Michael's sacrifice was done well and was moving. This to me was the REAL series finale of the show. So thanks to the Prison Break producers/writers, etc. for 4 amazing years. I will miss this show as it has definitely become one of my all time favorites. It's nice to see that the show is able to go out on a high note as I really loved this movie.
  • Excellent!!!

What a bittersweet feeling!!!

After seeing the last episode, I knew that Michael was going to die, but I didn´t know exactly how.

I liked the idea of Sara being in jail (but for Cristina? Come on!!! Everybody killed somebody during the "finding" of Scylla and they didn`t go to jail) and I liked how they showed a women´s prison.

The last moments of Michael and Sara were great, even if they were so so so sad (for me the 2 walking on the beach was THE end)

I started to hate Mahone when I realise that Michael could have saved Sara with the first plan (of the fences/gates or something) and then live with here until dying for the tumor (or only to see his son.

I was reading what you said and it´s true, Michael´s plan B was suicide? mmmm it doesn´t sound like him, but well, it´s what we have.
    (I didn´t actually see Michael´s body, so he could still be alive, right?)

No, I know that this is it, the end, the goodbye, the video was so sad and I couldn´t stop crying, I love this show, but I also love the happy endings and I need one for PB, so I can only imagine it.

Thanks to everybody again, the actors, the writers and the fans.

Goodbye PB, we´ll always miss you!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Great.

Im not sure why they didnt put this officially into season 4 and just on the dvd, but this was the true finale, it makes up for the dropping quality from the last 2 sesasons and the pretty bad "official finale".

This paired up with a few scenes from the official finale would have made this the perfect end to such a great show and its nice to see that Prison Break did indeed get the ending it well and truely deserved.

And it was nice to see The Final Break going back to the shows "roots", nice to see all the stuff that got all of us hooked back in season 1.
  • Remarkable effort to compensate for a mixed bag Season 4.

Ok in my humble opinion, I thought Season 4 produuced (by far) the weakest moments of Prison Break. It was not unwatchable but it was still 2 thumbs down comapred to the first 3 season. Thing is that while the first 12 eps of season 4 were relatively strong, it just kept going downhill afterwards. The series finale was OK but the final footage pretty special, which got me exicted for this!
    This is simply amazing. I won't give away any of the plot, but it's definately worth the money. If THIS movie had been made into Season 4 instead of what we'd been given, the show would have been 100 times better than how it ended up. Truly remarkable acting in this(specially the end), definitely not to be missed!
  • Excellent movie to end it all.

This movie (or rather 2 extra episodes) did a great job in wrapping up Prison Break in a more than satisfactory way. I say more that satisfactory because I was happy with the ending of the series finale but this was even better. A new break escape as Michael tries to save Sara who has a target on the head in prison. There was a very nostalgic feeling throughout the movie and the ending was perfect. We knew how Michael died. He sacrificed himself to save sara. Something he don`t regret cause tumor would have killed him soon anyway. I`m glad I watched this.
  • The boys go back to what they do best: Prison Breaking.

I never get enough of Prison Break. By this I mean not only the show but the concept of breaking out of a prison. Breaking Sara out was not Fox River but still yet another awesome adrenaline rush that only this show offers.
    Prison Break: The Final Break shows us the events that lead up to and including Michael's death. The movie was high on tension and suspense as well as emotion(Michael`s recording had me in tears). I loved every second of this movie and I think a lot of fans will be pleased that this very much has an old school Prison Break feel to it even though unlike season 1, where Michael was trying to break himself and his brother out, this time he's on the outside trying to break his beloved and pregnant Sara out. Highly recommended.
  • The Final Break is the best Final of this season. Even if you haven't watched any Prison Break until now, you can watch this episode as a stand alone movie.

The Final Break is the best Final of this season, if not the best finale of an ending show. It's thrilling, exciting and dramatically touching at the same time.
    At the end of the last episode, we saw, Michael Scofield's tombstone, where Sara, his son and friends were praising him. That was four years after they have got their free pass. This double episode fills in the time in between and we see that it was anything other than quiet retirement.
    The episode starts with the wedding of Michael and Sara. But Michael's happiness does not last long, as Sara gets arrested for Cristina's murder. The self defence act cannot be seen on the video footage, which is used to convict her. Sara has to face twentyfive years imprisonment. We see that Gretchen is also there and that the General and T-Bag are in the men part of the same prison, which is a life threat for Sara.
    There is no other goal for Michael anymore than planning Sara's escape. The prison scenes, Mahone's last help to Michael's plan to enter the prison, Michael's sacrifice for Sara and his video tape were great moments, which put this finale as one of the best finales, I have watched.
    Even if you haven't watched any Prison Break until now, you can watch this episode as a stand alone movie. A 10+ for this episode.
  • Never let Michael Scofield near a prison.

Don`t I love it when Michael sees a prison and just get his genius strikes. For the 3rd and final time, Michael Scofield organizes a prison break. This tho, he is not incarcerated but Sara is. Amazingly good, Final Break was just as fun as any prison break and also very emotional. Now we know how Michael die and it was very very emotional. Michael-Sara last moment was special, loved every moment of it, even if it was heartbreaking. That final scene gave closure for Michael. Mahone, Linc and Sucre were also bad. How surprising was it to see Mahone still changing side at that point, it was good that the writers made such proper use of Mahone here. Sucre was as helpful and funny as always. I`ve got no complain. This was prison break at its best.
  • Astonishing bonus.

I was satisfied at 100% with a series finale. When I heard of bonus, I thought it would just an unnecessary extra, some kind of best of Michael Scofield. Boy, how wrong was I! It as an astonishing bonus, probably an even more fitting end to the show.
    Michael has to break Sara out of a prison. It`s a reboot but who cares, Prison Break is always more fun when it involves a prison. Everything came full circle and we know more about Michael`s death now. The final moments of the episode was very sad, made me cry and still brought a smile. Brilliant.
  • Well, it was definitely better than the season finale. (Spoilers)

Like most of the people, i really loved seasons 1 and 2, and i found season 3 not that bad either, but lets face it, season 4 sucked..and that's what this 2 final episodes do really good. You get back that feeling you had while watching season 1, the suspense is very good and all the twists and problems even better, the ending is memorable (however, when i saw the advertisement for the episodes "the ending will shock you", and the plot, sarah being imprisoned, i kinda knew he would die breaking her out). On the other side, the reason why i gave it a 7, is the lack of credibility of the prison break. The warden and everyone knew that that night michael would try to break sarah out, so they obviously brought the security level up. That means, they would obviously extra-secure every exit out of the prison. Why wasn't then the exit through the chapel secured? absolutely no one was there, how convenient. And the fact that michael could get in the prison without anybody seeing him is still profoundly doubtful. Another mistake: michael already knew forehand that if his electronic device wouldn't manage to open the door, he would have to explode the generator. With that head of his, i would assume he would have made a plan B, creating something to explode the thing without having to sacrifice himself. The final thing i didn't like is just personal, i just always kinda hated lincoln, while i loved michael, and it was lincoln who ended up living in the end, but anyways, The Final Break was a good ending to a really good series
  • the ending did shock indeed!

i am an avid PB fan, since day 1. so there was nothing that could stop me from watching these final episodes, but for the first time i say "i wish i didn't".
    the tv ending was fantastic in my opinion; a little imagination, a bitter sweet ending, and pretty much justice for all.
    a final prison break, really? did they really have to close up with that? we had a full season of planning for the original break in S1 and they did this particular break in a double-time episode. I had no curiosity whatsoever in the burn mark Sarah had (seen in the TV finale while buying Michael's flowers). Nor did i wonder why Michael died in the end because it made perfect sense that it was because of his reoccurring tumor. We already knew how heroic Michael can be when it comes to saving his loved ones, he only hadn't died for them and with these episodes, we got that too. It didn't match, at all, with what had already been shown to fans. For the very first time, Prison Break gets a 7 from me, only because it Prison Break, not because the episode deserves it.
  • Prison Break goes back to its roots for the ultimate ride.

Prison Break goes back to its roots for the ultimate ride.
    The series finale left us in shock as we saw Michael`s Scofield tombstone. He apparently died of Tumor. While I thought it was fitting, as if he sacrificed it all of his love ones, I didn't think it would be a literal sacrifice. The major revelation on the Final Break was that Michael never died of Tumor. In fact he didn't have much time left because it but decided to give his life for Sara and his son. I thought the ending in killing your number was fitting but when added to this, it is simply perfect.
    PB goes back to roots for this last ride; roots meaning Prison of course. Final had that season 1 feeling to it. A gift for the long term fans for sure. We knew Sara gets out, we knew Michael would die but it was perfectly executed. And Gretchen is back. She storyline ends up perfectly. Last Michael-Sara moment was very special. Michael's video in the end had me in tears. What an ending. We`re free. Thank you writers for this.
  • This standalone movie absolutely blew the 2 previous seasons away -Each moment was riveting, suspensful, with a huge emotional bomb dropped in the last couple of minutes. Overall, it was everything you'd except from a great show's last rollercoaster ride.

This standalone movie absolutely blew the 2 previous seasons away - Each moment was riveting, suspensful, with a huge emotional bomb dropped in the last couple of minutes. Overall, it was everything you'd except from a great show's last rollercoaster ride. I liked the series finale, but I wasn't blown away by it. I never denied it, I don't like the Scylla plot that much, and the finale dealt with that, apart from the last few minutes, which I loved very much.

And then came along this standalone movie, and damn. Much better than the finale. Simply put, this movie had everything that defined Prison Break in it's golden days: fantastic character interactions(with no character inconsistency), suspense with no illogical twists, somewhat belivable premise, and.... well, the prison enviorment!

How much I missed it, god. During season 3 the producers said there might be a spinoff called Prison Break: Cherry Hill which would revolve around a women's prison. The idea was dropped, but the writers got to try out their concept here, and I have to say, it was great, and very well executed. Also... I found Sara's character to be just ok, and in the later seasons pretty useless, but here, well, she was one of my favorites. The writers managed to finally give her some good material to work with.

The best part was without a doubt the ending. I think most of us believed that Michael died from the tumor, but no, he actually sacraficed himself, knowing about the tumor. Well.. let's just say it was heartbreaking, and from the moment of the sacrafice, it was hard to hold back the tears.

It was simply mesmerizing - a perfect way to wrap up the show. Much, much, much better than the series finale, as I said. Prison Break, after all, got the ending it deserved.
  • I cant believe its come to an end :(

Being a fan from the beginning, all the way through to the end of Prison Break, and having just watched the final, I feel very empty. This episode had everything for me, relentless excitment, emotion, edge of your seat action. I really dont know whats going to feel this void, now that its all over! Cant Linc, Mahone, Sucre and Sarah not do some kind of seance and bring Micheal back? Surely they could, somehow.. PLEASE!! lol :(

I cried, I laughed, then cried again.. Im gonna miss this fantastic show, but all great things must come to an end I guess.. Wont stop me from watching all the reruns!! :)
  • Best episode, but so SAD!

At first it gave me the impression of a rushed episode, but then it became a perfect closure. I loved watching Jodi Lyn O'Keefe (Gretchen) again, also watching the general before his death sentence, but how come T-bag ended in Fox River?? And Mahone was he a rat or not? or was it all part of Michael's plan??

As for Michael, too bad he couldn't be there when his son was born, he couldn't even hold him for a minute, that was so sad; but I guess nothing would have been possible without his sacrifice. We are going to miss you Prison Break! One of my all time favorite shows!!
  • Thankfully, they gave me closure on Michael.

I was initially angry at the decision of killing Michael in the 4 years later footage in Killing your Number. But luckily, I watched the final break right after it and it gave a perfect closure for me. While his death felt completely unnecessary in Killing your number, it made sense in Final and I now find it very fitting.
    Of course we knew how it would end, however they did it a good job nevertheless. They still brought some unexpected twists and turns. Having another prison break was really great. Didn`t expect Michel to die that way but it was so moving and fitting. And the final footage was absolutely beautiful.
< 1 2