Prisoner: Cell Block H

Episode 692

Aired Unknown Dec 11, 1986 on Network Ten

• The End... Sick be buggered, I'm gonna be the oldest Biker in The world Lurch, the oldest Biker in the world.... "It heals to give me roses.... I wish he could again"

This is the episode that we were waiting for. The Freak gets her comeuppance and it's all an ellaborate set up. Previously, Joan had helped Rita to escape so that she could steal the money from the finance company. After hiding the money in the toilet, Rita gets arrested and returns to Wentworth, where she collapses, and Joan chickens out of collecting the money. It is also Rita's birthday where she celebrates with her friends, only when Joan returns, Anne informs the police that Rita had died. She siezes this as the opportunity to get the money, and lies about a dental appointment, to get out of work. She gets the money and leaves, but is arrested in the process. She panics, as she is questioned, and is eventually taken to Wentworth on remand where she panics more as she realises that the officers knew that she was going to arrive. The prisoners are in mourning Rita's passing, but then they that Joan is now in solitary. Their sadness turns into happiness as they start chanting out FERGUSON, which Joan relishes as she boasts that she was always powerful, but then................

she turns her back to the door, praising herself for being the hard officer................

Rita serves her her meal. WOW. and Joan mutters her final words in the show.... "I trusted you"

The next morning, Joan is transferred, and the prisoners are outside watching the transfer, Rita ends the show by saying, "Sick be buggered, I'm gonna be the oldest biker in the world Lurch, the oldest Biker in the world...."

Cue Lynne Hamiltons Song, On The Inside. And the end of an era.