Private Practice

Blowups

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Dec 03, 2009 on ABC

• Brilliant. Nuff said

OK one of the first things to be said is that Kate Walsh was friggin' unreal in this episode. This episode had a much more grey's anatomy feel to it. I always felt the PP had a much more happy sunshiney approach to it than GA. This sudden beak from the usual happy go lucky formula is what makes episode like this and A Death in a Family really stand out. I just loved it. The bit where Addison starts yelling at her dad about her mum is so good. When Dell told Heather he hoped she would die, I got chills. I was thinking "WTF?" I feel that this episode really paved the way for Chris Lowell's departure at the end of the series. Overall an amazing episode
  • Talk about an explosive episode.

A pretty shocking episode really. From the revelation that Addison's mother is a lesbian to the death of Dell's wife Heather. Very intense throughout. I never expected that's what the secret of Addison's parents would be...I kind of like how they handled it too. The way it ended was a bit tragic in my opinion...they continue to just talk about meaningless things.

Addison and Sam are gonna get together any episode now...it sure is looking that way. The death of Heather was quite sad because of Dell's reaction and even how Pete dealt with it. The scene where he pretends to be Dell as she dies was powerful. So it was a big episode really...I wonder where things will go from here...Dell a single parent, Charlotte and Cooper on the verge of splitting up...I look forward to more.
  • Part 2

Two good episodes of Private Practice in a row? Can it be? That's like the New Jersey Nets or the Detroit Lions winning two games in a row.

This episode was moving and just like the first hour, did not feature any ridiculous storylines with a guy with a 72 hour erection, just moving, compelling television. The show is actually pushing the bar more often than Grey's Anatomy does with some of the dialogue. It's taken some time, but in that regard I feel as if Private Practice has finally found its identity.

This is still not TV's top medical drama, but tonight's two episodes were really good.