Privileged Forums

The CW (ended 2009)

I Hope This Show Gets Axed

diversitygirl

[1]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 3
    Instead of replacing something that is similar to Life Is Wild, no all the CW is doing is making all these high and upper class shows. HA, I was even suprised when I saw that there was a black person on this show. No wonder they got rid of Grlfriends.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RTTV989

[2]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 21
    This show is actually good. The main character isnt rich. Joanna Garcia is a great actress.

[3]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 12
    I have to agree with RTTV989, this show is actually a decent show. I was skeptical at first. All I say was another teen drama girly show, but I was surprised. I hope it last for a few season I think 3 seasons would be a good amount for what kind of story, but I don't think it should get axed now.

thefanof

[4]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 102
    RTTV989 wrote:
    This show is actually good. The main character isnt rich. Joanna Garcia is a great actress.

Agreed.

And it seems like you hate it because Girlfriends got cancelled. You shouldn't judge shows because of the color of skin of the actors, but as mentioned Privileged and 90210 have central black characters. Everybody Hates Chris and The Game's casts are almost completely black as well.

txgirl75

[5]Oct 15, 2008
    • level: 23
    All I can say is if you don't like the show then change the channle. Yes I think is a good show and gotta love Joanna loved her as Cheyenne on Reba. She's a great actress.

poulters

[6]Oct 19, 2008
    • level: 18
    I really liked the first episode of this show then it just got mean, it slowly turned into what horrible things can the sisters do now. When there is a new series i always watch two episodes to give it a chance, but I have to agree hope they axe this show and yes if you don't like it I changed the channel.

xxkaty

[7]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 3

thefanof wrote:
    RTTV989 wrote:
    Agreed. And it seems like you hate it because Girlfriends got cancelled. You shouldn't judge shows because of the color of skin of the actors, but as mentioned Privileged and 90210 have central black characters. Everybody Hates Chris and The Game's casts are almost completely black as well.

couldn't have put it better myself (:

x

txgirl75

[8]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 23
    I have to say I had my doubt about the show but these last two episodes were pretty good.

britneysman1311

[9]Oct 21, 2008
    • level: 9
    You shouldn't dislike a show just because one of your shows got cancelled.

sbhinyo

[10]Oct 29, 2008
    • level: 13
    I love this show and also think Joanna is doing a wonderful job on this show. And I don't even watch any shows but 90210 and sometimes Smallville on the CW network because I just think the shows on that channel suck and aren't good at all.

Diary_of_Jane

[11]Nov 4, 2008
    • level: 7

Uhh with all due respect, if you don't like this show at all, then why are you here? It seems like you're just wanting to stir things up with the other posters by posting your negative comments on the Privileged boards. People that post here, are fans in case you didn't notice.

Have you even watched this show? It's very different from the other shows you're categorizing it with. For starters, the protagonist is unwealthy and very down to earth; the show more so centers on her struggles to survive in a world she doesn't quite belong in, rather than just a shallow look into the lives of the elite. The protagonist is real, more relatable and older than your typical high school socialite.

Edited on 11/04/2008 7:32pm

HRGirl

[12]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 9
    I have to say that at first I wasn't too sure about this show, but now I am hooked. I love it. I love Joanna! She is a great actress.

siddy_2005

[13]Nov 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    My opinion for whatever it's worth: It's a decent show. I (personally) don't find it great, but I don't dislike it either. Just another show to watch when you've got nothing else to do. -- for any major fans... don't get all defensive. This is just what I think.

biggestlostfan

[14]Nov 8, 2008
    • level: 11
    i like the show, i think its really good

i was also skeptical at first, thinking it was just another show with rich people, and i only wanted to watch it for joanna, but i got hooked, its really good

ive had some shows of mine cancelled, but that doesnt mean that you cant like other shows.... if you give them a chance, and get over the fact that a show you liked is gone, you could like it too

Tiara_Princess

[15]Nov 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    I really like this show, I hope the ratings improve so that it can stick around.

rebachick94

[16]Nov 25, 2008
    • level: 16

I'm not so thrilled that they got rid of Reba either but I'm not going to put down all the other shows because of it.
    I really like it. I didn't think it would be that great but I gave it a chance because of Joanna because she did a great job playing Cheyenne on Reba and I'm glad this show is doing better than Welcome the the Captain.
    I have the same questions as most:
    Have you seen this show?

Edited on 11/25/2008 11:07am

hrgaffney

[17]Nov 26, 2008
    • level: 51
    This is actually a good show with a strong cast, some decent writing and plenty of entertainment. I for one hope it will continue to be around.

OnePerCentClub

[18]Jan 12, 2009
    • level: 35
    This is a very good and decent show and way much better than other shows from this network. Joanna is great playing Megan. It was everything and my favorite are the advice Megan gives to these two girls thatn have no one to look up to and even when sometimes they think she's crazy, they listen to what she has to say. Better than having a show with arrogance, sex and girls pulling their hairs for a guy.

krussell47

[19]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 12
    This is a very good show and should not be canceled!

gjonesworth

[20]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 2
    Like some other posters, I was initially skeptical about Privileged. But after giving it some time, I've come to love the show. It's decent now and it has a lot of potential to get better.