Privileged

The CW (ended 2009)

Privileged Fan Reviews (22)

• Recent Yale grad and writer Megan tutors twins Sage and Rose Baker in Palm Beach. In return, their wealthy grandmother Laurel offers to pay off Megan's college loans, currently in excess of $75,000, should she be able to get BOTH daughters into Duke.

A gem of a new show that knows good writing and relatable characters trump snarky one-liners and the latest trendy bro-cut any day of the week. The show follows the Baker twins - one smart but devious, one less smart but well meaning - who have been placed in the care of their grandmother after a tragedy takes the lives of both of their parents, and their new tutor Megan. Megan is a recent Yale grad. with a great personality, so-so looks (for TV or the CW at least), loads of college debt, a bad dye job, and no place to live. She takes a job tutoring the twins and in return, their Grandma will pay off all of her college debt in addition to a normal paycheck, food, board, and a car for the next four years PROVIDED the two get into Duke at the end of the process.

I loved this show, but I do wonder what will happen after four years should the girls be admitted to Yale. Perennial favorite "Gilmore Girls" worked this out after three seasons, but how will this one do? Maybe this is a question too far, far, away to worry about but hey, I love my TV and a series is a commitment - sometimes a long-term one - so I worry, I worry.