Project Runway

All Dolled Up

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Dec 14, 2005 on Lifetime

• The contestants make a lifesize outfit for My Scene Barbie.

My personal favorite of season 2.

The contestants could really be creative in this episode. They had a chance to use fun color patterns that most adults probably wouldn't wear. Plus, Barbie is a model for most little girls, so wouldn't it be fun to design an outfit for the ultimate model? Another reason why this episode was so great was because of the results. There were a lot of great outfits, it wasn't like it is sometimes with the less horrible outfit wins instead of the best.

For once, I also completely 100% agreed with the winner and loser. How often does that happen?
  • I hate the new format for picking the models. Please, bring the old format back next season!

One of the things I really like about this series is that there are actually two parallel contests on Project Runway. There is the major contest for the designers and a minor contest for the models. This brings originality to the series and a separate storyline.

During the 2-hour premiere, Heidi announced that this season the models would stay with the designers till the end of the season. That got me really nervous but I was sure Heidi must be wrong. This episode reveals that, while she was wrong, the way they are handling the model contest is going to suck this season. Removing the weekly elimination of "model choosing" totally destroys the model contest storyline. It also doesn't allow for a model who improves, or is shown to be exceptional over the weeks, to move from a designer she may know to be a looser. Basically, since the models were assigned randomly in the first episode, its pure chance as to whether a model wins the contest or not. If we remember from last season, the designers didn't start choosing the same model over and over again till midway through the season when the skills and compatibility of each model was fully learned.
  • Mom Clothes

I can't belive the dress the guy who left made, I even forget his name so he couldn't have been that good. I don't know how he thought a mom would ware that, the judge was right when he said "It remides me of a Halloween table cloth." I also have a problem with what the judges said about putting the blonde wig on the darker modles, no dark barbies have blonde hair.
  • Exactly what happened should have happened.

I was very pleased with the results from this episode. It is not often when you agree so much with judges of reality TV. I did however disagree on the color choice. The lady that was second on bottom was told the color was bad. I totally disagree, I am not a fashion person very much but red is a color many teenagers wear. I really liked the guy who left, but really that was one of the worst things i have ever seen designed on this show.
LIFE