Project Runway

Flower Power

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 01, 2006 on Lifetime

• What happened to Andrae?

This episode was superb if only for the moments when Santino did his impersonation of Tim Gunn.

The whole story he made up about Andrae and Tim going to Red Lobster was fabulous. I laugh even now when I think about it. This is my favorite episode of Project Runway by far.

The task they had to do wasn't to great (although I'm glad that my personal favorite Daniel won again) but what really makes it is the impressions. I hated Santoni throughout the entire season except for this episode. And when Tim Gunn caught him? Priceless!

"What happened to Andrae?"

• The designers are to make a dress using only plants and flowers.

Just as it looked like Santino had learned some humility, he showed his true colors. He said that if he wins this challenge and gets immunity, he can then do something really offensive for the next challenge and not be penalized. He also said that if he wins immunity, he "would be taking it away from someone who doesn't deserve it." And that some of the others "need to go home." He doesn't seem to appreciate the fact that, except for the NH dress, he has been getting through by the skin of his teeth.

I just don't like his attitude. He looks irritated every time another designer gets praise from the judges, as if he can't believe they liked it. The other designers are human, of course. A certain amount of sniping and backbiting is to be expected in a competition. However, the others also give compliments when they are deserved. S doesn't.

What bothers me the most about S is the fact that he doesn't care about pleasing anyone but himself, including potential clients. He knew the SC dress was too much and completely impractical as a figure skating outfit, yet he kept adding more and more. He's been playing it safe since that episode, because he was very close to going out, but his attitude hasn't changed.

This review was less about the episode than a rant about S, but he just gets under my skin. Which means that he will probably get through to the final 3, just for the added drama.