Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Episode 4.1 - "Sew Me What You Got"

tafj73

[1]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 30
    What are your thoughts on the first episode of the new season??   I thought it was a good start, with a good choice in who was voted off (Simone).  Her garment just wasn't as strong as the others.  I think Elisa will be interesting to watch - she brings an organic, earthy sensibility to her designs.  Christian could learn a bit of humility - his arrogance is a little annoying.  Hopefully he'll learn that he's not always the best (as seen from the first challenge when Rami won). 

As for frontrunners, it seems like Rami, Victorya, Carmen, and Chris will have continuously strong work.  Not sure if Sweet P or Marion will last very long, but it's still early.  Any other thoughts?
    Edited on 11/15/2007 12:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bballmegan22

[2]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 30
    I like Jillian's designs. Chris is entertaining too. I'm curious to see what challenges they have this season.

blond-moment

[3]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 1

I'm really liking Rami, Chris Marsh, Jullian, and Christian.

Rami and jullian may end up being stuck in their "signature" styles. Which are good, I'm just curious to see how innovative and artistic they can be.

Chris Marsh, I love his personality already. He is so laid back and funny. Plus the boy has some talent. I was VERY suprised by his garmet, it was beautiful and new. Christian, I do love his spunk, I know others see him as arrogant, but he is quite a bit younger than the others, and that may be why he coming off so arrogant, just trying to say "dont take me for granted cuz I'm young, I deserve to be here" which he does. Plus Christian has some humor to his arrogance, like saying "I'm akind of a celebrity...in my own mind" Carmen A Webber on the other hand, is just annoyingly arrogant, not much humility on her part at all, that will get on my nerves fast.

I like Jack quite a bit, I feel so sorry for him atm. What a crappy bit of luck on his part. Elisa is definately interesting to watch, she is gonna be a hoot I think, if she lasts.

The others, while I liked most of their stuff, I have yet to have an opinion of them one way or the other, I may have more of a feel for them next week.

Edited on 11/15/2007 4:18pm

dude6363

[4]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 60
    I guess this isn't the most popular episode, my 9.8 score got a "disagree"!

Raisinthesun

[5]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 15
    Christian does need to learn a little humility but his design was the best and i thought he should have won! Elisa dress was just AWFUL! and i thought she should have gone home, not Simone.

Chris is very quickly becoming one of my favs!!! I really like his style and personality, i hope he sticks around for awhile!

blond-moment

[6]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 1
    I agree with you Christian should have won. Rami did a beautiful dress, but like the judges say "ive seen it before'

bekrauss

[7]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 13
    I loved the episode, but am looking forward to the next challenge being more structured. This first challenge was a bit to vague, and didn't lead to as many intersting garments as I'd have liked to see. I'm still waiting for when they have to make dresses from non-fabric items. Let's see what happens next week.

PintheDog

[8]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 29
    I thought it was a great premiere.

I actually would've picked Victorya to win over Rami and Christian, but I agreed with the choice to send Simone home over Elisa. Although I don't see how Ricky avoided the bottom two.

Chris March resembles my boyfriend, so I already like him for that alone! I like Carmen, Victorya, Kit, Elisa, and Sweet P, too.

Can't wait for next week!