Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Episode 4.2- "I Started Crying" Discussion

bballmegan22

[1]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 30

"The contestant's second challenge involves a fashion icon."

As we found out the icon was Sarah Jessica Parker. I like her and I think it was cool how they had someone famous on early so those who didn't make it that far had a chance to do a spectacular challenge sometime. My favorite design was probably Kit & Chris'. It was simple yet chic and I can see myself wearing it. I do not understand what they thought was so great about Elisa and Sweet P's. I mean, it had a cape! Lol.

What did you guys think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blond-moment

[2]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 1

Elisas would have fit best in my wardrobe and I personally like the polymorphic idea. I have many dresses like that already. I was dissapointed she used the same fabric for the dress. I did love the short cape, but it was just a cape.

Victoryas wouldnt, I just didnt get it personally, but my taste is more tailored, and that seemed sloppy to me. I know that judging fashion isn't about just looking at what fits in your closet, but I just couldnt see anyone I know wearing that. I did like the racer back for some reason, probably because it was unexpected.

I did really like Kit and Chris design as well. Not something that would go in my closet, but I thought it was very classy and casual at the same time.

I did really like the element in Ramis design of the belt going THRU the blouse, and with drapy fabric that probably would have rocked. The design element for me, got lost in the stiffness and color of the fabric. Or even a printed fabric with a solid belt. When I saw the sketch, I was quite excited, but felt let down with the end result.

Rickys dress was really pretty, but it was just another pretty dress to me. Like Heidi said, he has the training to do something "fierce", I for one am rooting for that.

Even tho I agree with the judges that Marions design was "sad" I was so sorry to see him go. I was sweating there at the end, I didnt want Christian or Marion to go.

I love to sew, and sewing is my business. I love to take elements from designer outfits and make them my own. I didnt see anything on this show I would like to copy. That's how I usually judge them in my own judging booth here on my couch.

Edited on 11/23/2007 2:33pm

Aloris

[3]Nov 23, 2007
    • level: 11
    I liked Elisa dress but the cape was just a little "costumy" as Mr Kors would say. And it wouldn't have turned out as good as it did if Sweet P and Timhadn't interfeard? with Elisa plans. But whats up with the spit marks? That just grossed me out.

combatjammer

[4]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 9
    Is it just me, or does Chris seem to have a problem with critic? Granted that you have to believe in your own design, but he didn't seem to handle the guidance from Tim or even from the other judges. Sure SJP has the final say, but everyone else does vote too.

PintheDog

[5]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 29
    While I was fine with Victorya's win, I'd have preferred Elisa to win that challenge.

I wanted Christian to go, but he's obviously going to be the season villain, and Marion's boring, so I can see why he went.

I liked Kit and Chris's design, as well. I'm glad they made it through this round.

Pet_Petra

[6]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 17
    I love this show, but Ricky has got to stop crying. What is up with that? It's starting to annoy me and it's only been 2 episodes.

blond-moment

[7]Nov 24, 2007
    • level: 1

Pet_Petra wrote:
    I love this show, but Ricky has got to stop crying. What is up with that? It's starting to annoy me and it's only been 2 episodes.

I'm with you there. It's getting on my nerves too.

combatjammer

[8]Nov 25, 2007
    • level: 9
    Pet_Petra wrote:

I'm with you there ... god ... every time he cries I just want to stuff his head into a turkey.

millan2sky

[9]Nov 26, 2007
    • level: 6

combatjammer wrote:
    Pet_Petra wrote:
    I'm with you there ... god ... every time he cries I just want to stuff his head into a turkey.

He's not handling pressure well but if he does keep crying it could get old.