Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

I really felt bad for Jefferey....

XGustaX

[1]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 1

When He was crying.... I mean that was pretty depressing now I can see why he gets so angry with people....

He obviously isnt as bad as people are saying...just Misunderstood.

Edited on 10/20/2006 2:52pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

zaidosaurus

[2]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 3
    Tim's voice broke when he was announcing something after Jeff cried...awww
    Edited on 10/20/2006 3:16pm

desert05

[3]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    XGustaX wrote:

When He was crying.... I mean that was pretty depressing now I can see why he gets so angry with people....

He obviously isnt as bad as people are saying...just Misunderstood.

Misunderstood? Are you kidding?? He made himself very clear over and over again all this season.

iareally

[4]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    I felt it in my heart when jeffery started crying! it really was emotional! because that was his dream and to come so close to not getting to go through with it must have been heartbreaking!

bunnie_z12

[5]Dec 13, 2006
    • level: 2

WATEVA WATEVA WATEVA!!!!! Im sorry but i HATED the fact that Jeffery won. Michael shuld have won! I luved him.

ebbydmp

[6]Dec 22, 2006
    • level: 13
    bunnie_z12 wrote:

WATEVA WATEVA WATEVA!!!!! Im sorry but i HATED the fact that Jeffery won. Michael shuld have won! I luved him.

I hate Jeffety and his big-head kid. His collection sucked! I loved Michael too, but that collection wasn't his best work.

lostflight815

[7]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 4
    iareally wrote:
    I felt it in my heart when jeffery started crying! it really was emotional! because that was his dream and to come so close to not getting to go through with it must have been heartbreaking!

i felt the same way too!

ajax283

[8]Apr 14, 2007
    I'm watching a rerun of the finale right now and I still think Uli was ROBBED. All of them did a great job but Uli's collection was ready to wear and it was just good. I didn't like Jeffery because I thought he was a total a**hole after he was so outright disrespectful to Angela's mother and then continued to talk about Angela's mother to Angela's face after he made that ugly a** outfit. If I were Angela I would've gotten thrown out of the competition after kicking his you-know-what!

tafj73

[9]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 30
    Personally, I don't think Jeffrey was all that disrespectful to Angela's mother - I think it was just a clash of personalities.  First, Jeffrey could not find the right color and fabric that Angela's mother wanted, so he went ahead and found something else that he thought would work, keeping her best interest at heart.  Yes, she was disappointed with the color, but she could have at least been understanding with Jeffrey's situation.  And yes, Jeffrey could have explained to her what happened with the fabric, thus decreasing any chance of them arguing.

I think Angela's mother is one who might use the phrase of "I'm so nice to you, why do you treat me this way?"  Such like she said that when she was crying ("No one talks to me like that!")  Well, why not?  Is it because she's deliberately so nice to people that she thinks they should be nice back?  It doesn't always work that way, and I think Angela's mother found that out with Jeffrey.  Yes, Jeffrey could have been a little nicer to her, but she also needs to wake up and realize that not everyone is going to treat her nicely and give her what she wants just because she's nice to them.  That is an insecurity.

ajax283

[10]Apr 16, 2007

tafj73 wrote:
    Personally, I don't think Jeffrey was all that disrespectful to Angela's mother - I think it was just a clash of personalities.  First, Jeffrey could not find the right color and fabric that Angela's mother wanted, so he went ahead and found something else that he thought would work, keeping her best interest at heart.  Yes, she was disappointed with the color, but she could have at least been understanding with Jeffrey's situation.  And yes, Jeffrey could have explained to her what happened with the fabric, thus decreasing any chance of them arguing.

I think Angela's mother is one who might use the phrase of "I'm so nice to you, why do you treat me this way?"  Such like she said that when she was crying ("No one talks to me like that!")  Well, why not?  Is it because she's deliberately so nice to people that she thinks they should be nice back?  It doesn't always work that way, and I think Angela's mother found that out with Jeffrey.  Yes, Jeffrey could have been a little nicer to her, but she also needs to wake up and realize that not everyone is going to treat her nicely and give her what she wants just because she's nice to them.  That is an insecurity.

I understand there are 2 sides to every story...but I still think he was disrespectful...accusing her of trying to sabotage him! The outfit he made was horrible...I'm sorry but it was and I dont think he cared, because as talented as he was he could've made a better outfit in his sleep if he wanted to! And whatever differences they had during the mission should've ended when the mission was over. But noooooo, Jeffery continued to blast Angela's mom after the mission was over just to antagonize Angela, even boasting about how ugly the outfit was that he made her mother. He could see how this was upsetting Angela and yet he continued to do it in front of her face. I'm sorry but where I'm from you don't do that and if it were me he would've caught an a**whuppin' real quick!

tafj73

[11]Apr 16, 2007
    • level: 30
    I agree that Jeffrey might have been a little harsh on Angela's mother, considering that he didn't like Angela in the first place, but like I said, it was just a clash of personalities.  Perhaps if he worked with a different mother, he might have been a little more respectful.  Who knows?  It's true that Jeffrey may have some issues that he has to deal with, but you can't please everyone, and Jeffrey knows that.  Hopefully Angela's mother knows that too. 

ajax283

[12]Apr 16, 2007
    Agreed

MelissaZaf

[13]Sep 26, 2007
    • level: 14

I know I might be late on the subject, but I didn't have a chance to watch Season 3. However, I saw the rerun yesterday. The way I see it is that you don't talk like that to a MOTHER, period. Whoever had Jeffrey's mom was very nice to her and knowing Jeff if someone talked like that to his mother, he would have lost it and if he did, he would have been right.

Second of all, you have to listen to what a customer has to say because at the end of the day, the dress is for them and if customers aren't buying your clothes, then you don't exist in this industry. Overall, that's why the whole situation pissed me off.

Numb3rsfan1

[14]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 28
    lostflight815 wrote:
    iareally wrote:

i felt the same way too!

Me 3!!!!

blond-moment

[15]Nov 10, 2007
    • level: 1

tafj73 wrote:
    Personally, I don't think Jeffrey was all that disrespectful to Angela's mother - I think it was just a clash of personalities. First, Jeffrey could not find the right color and fabric that Angela's mother wanted, so he went ahead and found something else that he thought would work, keeping her best interest at heart. Yes, she was disappointed with the color, but she could have at least been understanding with Jeffrey's situation. And yes, Jeffrey could have explained to her what happened with the fabric, thus decreasing any chance of them arguing.

I think Angela's mother is one who might use the phrase of "I'm so nice to you, why do you treat me this way?" Such like she said that when she was crying ("No one talks to me like that!") Well, why not? Is it because she's deliberately so nice to people that she thinks they should be nice back? It doesn't always work that way, and I think Angela's mother found that out with Jeffrey. Yes, Jeffrey could have been a little nicer to her, but she also needs to wake up and realize that not everyone is going to treat her nicely and give her what she wants just because she's nice to them. That is an insecurity.

I don't blame Jeffery one bit really. Angelas mother was def passive/aggressive. Being nasty thru niceness. I HATE that. I saw thru that while I was watching it and apparently so did Jeffery. And if that WAS the case, she probably was going to try and sabatage him. I didn't like the dress, and I don't blame her for not liking it, but her actions were very sneaky thru niceness just as you said.

sparkie_ac

[16]Nov 12, 2007
    • level: 18
    Well all I have to say is that the saying is true you reep wht you "sew".....i.e. what we do and the way we act all comes back to us as either rewards or failures. I didn't like what Jeffery did and acted no matter what was going on you still need to treat others as you with respect in some way. Jeffery got what he deserved in the end, he might have won the season but in the end he was a flop and failure after big time!!! What goes around comes back and he got it. Now if you look at the other season winners they where not like that and they are doing just great, look them up on Bravo.com, Bravo even shows Jeffery as a failure. A life lesson to be learned by all, yes he had a hard life but if he had learned from that he might be in a better place. I think he got what he deserved and how IRONIC that in the previews for season 4 one of the contestants even says they would never make someone's mom cry.....

dbcsdragon

[17]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 12

sparkie_ac wrote:
    I think he got what he deserved and how IRONIC that in the previews for season 4 one of the contestants even says they would never make someone's mom cry.....

I completely agree. Love that comment on the commercail. Jeff is a talented, good-looking, "hip" designer. I applaud his accomplishments in beating alcoholism along with some of his other accomplishments. However I cannot stand his attitude. He believes himself above everyone else. The "Everyday Woman" challenge showed his true colors.First of all you never treat a client like that, whether you hate their daughter or not. He can't temporarily put his feelings aside for a day, and he can't keep his opinions to himself. Even worse he rubbed it in Angela's face the next challenge and enjoyed her pain. He is a typical playgrond bully.

Another thing...Several people commented how different it was to work with non-model sized women, however Jeff was the only person to outright complain saying he doesn't make clothes for these kind of people. Sorry but not everyone is a size 2!

gabfan31

[18]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 100
    I thought Jeffrey was wrong to project his animosity towards Angela towards Angela's mother. Whatever his beef with her, she didn't deserve to be treated with such suspicion. That said, I also thought it was totally wrong of Laura to accuse him with absolutely no evidence of wrongdoing! Maybe someone should have accused her, a pregnant mother of five of having had to find someone to do her work for her since she would obviously be too busy with her family to do her collection! I'm not saying I think Laura cheated, I'm just saying that her actions were totally uncalled for, and she should have known better. I was glad to see Uli stand by him. I really disliked him as a person, and I wouldn't wear his outfits. But he had a real style that was innovative and cutting edge, and he was the most deserving of the final four based on their collections. I wish any of the others could have beat him, but the fact is that he won based on his merits. Jeffrey isn't misunderstood, but he is a talented designer, and in the end, that's what this competition was about. He's hardly the only SOB to be successful at what he does. And maybe now that he's proven himself to the world he'll allow some of his finer qualities, such as his devotion to his family, shine through in his professional life.

MiLo-Raven

[19]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 26
    I didn't, he did broke the rules after all. Besides, Laura did the right thing, it wasn't fair.

gabfan31

[20]Dec 17, 2007
    • level: 100
    How did he break the rules? If he had, they would have kicked him off. Laura had nothing more than her suspicions to go on, and that isn't a legitimate basis for her accusations. I was a total Laura fan until I saw what she did to Jeffrey, so this isn't bias talking, either. Jeffrey handled the situation much better than I would have thought, too. His tiny breach was less significant than Kara Saun's, in the first season, and she was allowed to show her collection, after all. In the end, justice was served.