Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Jeffrey winner...no way, rigged!

jackee0

[1]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 5

No way should Jeffrey have won...he went over budget, he was rude and immoral, and the polls..text and online both clearly selected Micheal was the winner and he comes out the winner...NO WAY! unless it was rigged.  If not Micheal then Uli...but Him,,,no friggin way!   Now I see why no matter what he did , said or acted he was not going to be put off the show nor reprimanded.  All I have to say is , his former drug dealers and/or buddies must be very high up on the food chain for him to pull this one off.  It is kind of like the re-election of Bush....no matter what the vote count or chad problems he was going to win....a show in, right!?  This is my last season to what the show.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whitemare7

[2]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    Not only that, but his collection was horrid.

BrainMan820

[3]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 16
    Jeffrey removed pieces from his collection to place him under budget, so I don't see what the problem was regarding that. Just because the fans said Jeffrey was rude has no impact on his fashion. Rudeness may not be an admirable trait, but this was about fashion.

playwriter

[4]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 10

Unbelievable.

I ranked his collection 4th among the 4. I liked Laura's the best, then Uli's, then Michael's.

Lots of people clapped during Laura's and Uli's showing. Not so much clapping going on during Jeffrey's. And what about the rumors that people were laughing during Jeffrey's showing because the garments weren't put together well?

waverley

[5]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    playwriter wrote:

Unbelievable.

I ranked his collection 4th among the 4. I liked Laura's the best, then Uli's, then Michael's.

i agree.  i thought jeffrey's was the worst out of the four and i ranked them in the same order that you did.  i was shocked he was final 2, and then i thought for sure that uli won.  i almost fell off the bed when they announced that jeffrey won...

Psalmist51

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    I so wanted him to lose.  Him winning is shocking.  I would rather anyone else.  I will not be watching this show again.

PintheDog

[7]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 29
    He only won because of his sob story to Tim.

bbntom55

[8]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 30
    I don't know guys... I was hoping Michael would win.  Then Jeffrey second.  Laura is exacly what the judges said...she's too limited.  Uli had an awesome collection.  I'd wear everything she showed.  But between Jeffrey and Uli...I'd go with Jeffrey...he has an edge and that's interesting.  I mean, I was extremely shocked that he won, but congrats to him...he was the underdog, and he won.
    Edited on 10/19/2006 10:19am

roey79

[9]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    No, I can't believe Jeffrey won. As much as I don't like her personality, I think Laura should have won. Then Uli, Michael, then Jeffrey. I think he did cheat only they couldn't prove it with his receipts. And then punished Laura for saying anything. On Ellen yesterday, Heidi said Laura was jealous of Jeffrey. Please Heidi.......there's nothing there to be jealous of. I do give him credit, however,  for cleaning up his life but not to win this competition. This was the first time I watched this show and it will be the last. A complete waste of my time.

Gilmoreism

[10]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 37
    wow, you're all ridiculous. No one was laughing because his stuff wasn't "Well put together" that doesn't even make sense...

He was suspected of CHEATING because it was so well put together!!! THINK!!

Ridiculous. He deserved the win, regardless of fan favorites, and such. Michael Knight's collection was cheap looking and not cohesive. Laura has a good design but limited, she will do well but she's not a good choice for working with INC. Uli's design was good and cohesive. She had a point of view and it was all well put togehter. If she had won I would ahve been fine with it, but Jeff's was the most variety, while still being cohesive. It was great. I think you guys just don't like him, so your blinded.

csjlj

[11]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 19
    Last season, the online poll on Bravo had the Chloe in 3rd place, and she won. In reality shows where the audience doesn't get a vote, the winner is not often the fans favorites. Simon on American Idol always seems disgusted at the voters selections, for example. Have to separate like for talent. Even without the show, Jeffrey's talent has already brought him a considerable amount of success. Same thing with Chloe (who also ran her own fashion boutique prior to competiting in Project Runway). Talent will always win over likability.

cheldi

[12]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    I don't like Jeffrey, or his collection.  I was wearing zippers on my clothes just like that in the late 80's.. its nothing new.. its boring, and zippers don't feel good on clothes like that...  your arms rub against them and they scratch you..  its so horrible...

Uli had the best collection by FAR!

and why was Michael designing for whores and back up dancers in rap videos?.. wtf?

I agree with some of you..  Jeffrey won because of his story..   LAME.

Psalmist51

[13]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    Your right.  I don't like him.  I think his clothes are tacky.  I was stunned when he won the couture challenge.  I just felt his designs were limited to having to a "rocker" personality.

PRJefferySFanPR

[14]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    Gilmoreism wrote:
    wow, you're all ridiculous. No one was laughing because his stuff wasn't "Well put together" that doesn't even make sense...

Ridiculous. He deserved the win, regardless of fan favorites, and such. Michael Knight's collection was cheap looking and not cohesive. Laura has a good design but limited, she will do well but she's not a good choice for working with INC. Uli's design was good and cohesive. She had a point of view and it was all well put togehter. If she had won I would ahve been fine with it, but Jeff's was the most variety, while still being cohesive. It was great. I think you guys just don't like him, so your blinded.

I agree

Robinmn

[15]Oct 19, 2006
    Gilmoreism wrote:

This isn't a "sewing" show so much as a *fashion* show. I swear to god if ANYONE wore something with obscure zippers around me, I'd laugh at them. Quite audably. And to their faces. It was a horrid collection.

I liked Uli's best, she got the most praise from the audience at the show AND the judges. That outcome was a joke. And not a funny one either.

Robinmn

[16]Oct 19, 2006
    Gilmoreism wrote:
    I think you guys just don't like him, so your blinded.

hah Yes - blinded by all the red polkadots, green/gray lines, and a dress that looked slightly ... divided. I did like the ONE dress that everyone else didn't. Apparently I don't know fashion, but I know what I would wear and it isn't any of that!

goodclover79

[17]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 6
    Just because you don't like someone (Jeffrey) doesn't mean they don't deserve to win. Obviously, his collection was good if people suspected him of cheating because it was so good, and that he won.

Robinmn

[18]Oct 19, 2006
    goodclover79 wrote:
    Just because you don't like someone (Jeffrey) doesn't mean they don't deserve to win. Obviously, his collection was good if people suspected him of cheating because it was so good, and that he won.

How did he "deserve" it? and as I said above - this isn't a "sewing" competition, it's a fashion competition. No one questioned the designs, they questioned the sewing.

XGustaX

[19]Oct 19, 2006
    Gilmoreism wrote:

Agreed My are you just saying its rigged just because Jefferey won. That's so stupid. The Show is not Fake or Rigged.

choshojo

[20]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    I was shocked, to say the least. His final collection was my third choice after Uli's and Laura's. I've loved a lot of Michael's work this season, but his final collection was awful, IMO.

How Jeffrey won was beyond me. Maybe they felt sorry for him after the whole accusation situation, who knows. "Innovative" my tush. Punks have been putting crap like his together for decades. I liked his final collection more than his other work this season, but it still wasn't win-worthy.