Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Judging Question...

KCMask

[1]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 21

I'm thinking that the judges must see the garments before they are on the runway. They seem to know way to much about them to just have seen them for a second. Anyone know?? They do make comments that suggest they've seen footage of them working (Did you two get along?? when they clearly didn't). I wonder if Tim tells them things like a hem's not finished or something. I'd love to know more about the whole process.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ebbydmp

[2]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 13
    I don't think they know anything before hand. You can look at two people and tell if they got along, or if they like each other. As for hems not being finished they can see that from the runway. If you can see it from your television they can see it from where they are. Also, it only takes people in the fashion industry 2 seconds to look at an outfit to know if something is wrong and if they don't like it.

KCMask

[3]Jan 31, 2008
    • level: 21
    ebbydmp wrote:
    I don't think they know anything before hand. You can look at two people and tell if they got along, or if they like each other. As for hems not being finished they can see that from the runway. If you can see it from your television they can see it from where they are. Also, it only takes people in the fashion industry 2 seconds to look at an outfit to know if something is wrong and if they don't like it.

You're probably right. I often wondered if they got to see footage before the runway though.

Nahele

[4]Feb 10, 2008
    • level: 6
    I'm not sure if they see footage of the designers before the runway show. (I doubt they have that much time on their hands)
    I mean with a challenge where the designers worked in teams they most likely ask every team if they got along etc....it's probably just cut in the cases where there were no major problems with the teamwork to make it seem like the judges knew exactly that something wasn't right. So I get where you're coming from and I've wondered about that before as well, but the cutting might be another explanation for that. Better ask too much than too little so no opportunity for a confrontation or fight is missed, you know? In the end, lots of viewers want just that, the arguments between designers and judges...

shalimar14

[5]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 1
    Of course they see what's going on in the "cutting room" from videos. And who do you think Tim Gunn reports his findings to? Doesn't mean anything is un-fair- just means this is a TV Reality Show! Hello- People!

ebbydmp

[6]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 13
    shalimar14 wrote:
    Of course they see what's going on in the "cutting room" from videos. And who do you think Tim Gunn reports his findings to? Doesn't mean anything is un-fair- just means this is a TV Reality Show! Hello- People!

Tim Gunn reports to no one, and like the person before said they don't have that kind of time on their hands. They all do have day jobs. Their perceptive people.