Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Laura is ****ing lame, and Jeff/Uli are a great 1 and 2.

bigalthesixth

[1]Oct 18, 2006
    • level: 8
    Laura sucks. Jeff is great. Michael is great. Uli is hot and great. So they are awesome.

Laura is a *****, and her dresses are ****.  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

whitemare7

[2]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7

Her dresses are gorgeous, elegant and stunning.  Jeffrey's looks like something that would be found at a really bad Goodwill store.  Uli was the best overall, with Michael coming in third.  Jeffrey shouldn't have been up there at all.

But thats just my opinion...

Polka_Dot

[3]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 12
    I thought Jeffery's outfits were modern and beautiful.  He did nicely and I'm glad he was able to show.  The reason Laura lost was because there was no surprise factor in her collection.  They thought Micheal had bad taste, which is partially true.  Some of the outfits were a little over-the-top too. Uli's collection was beautiful, and I agree that her victory would've been nice.  But I like that Jeffery won. It was so unexpected.

PRJefferySFanPR

[4]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1
    JEFFFERY ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WON! HE WON!HE WON!HE WON!

BrainMan820

[5]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 16
    The problem with Michael's collection was that he really lacked cohesiveness. They were decent outfits, but he needs a few years.

I have to say Laura's dresses were very pretty, and they did look pricey. But they were all evening gowns. Variety is the key to being a good fashion designer, although I could see Laura making a specialty store for those. I have to say, though, Laura, although she did do evening gowns, did youth it up fairly well.

I honestly thought Uli's collection was better then Jeffrey's. Both of them were cohesive and had a variety, but Uli's clothes were a lot more sellable. I could see many women buying an Uli dress before a Jeffrey dress, which is always important. I actually thought Jeffrey's clothes weren't as sellable as the other three, but they were still marketable. I think Uli deserved to win, but Jeffrey's victory wasn't out of the blue. He is very talented.

stuckeysokc

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    I was disappointed in Michael's collection. When he stood up and started telling the story behind it, I thought Oh great, he's going to wow us. Yet he didn't wow me. Laura's was beautiful but not a "collection" in the sense they were looking for. Uli and Jeffrey -either one could have won. I don't care for Jeffrey's personality (my personal preference-no slam against anyone who likes him) so I was rooting for Uli. I did love some of Jeffrey's outfits but overall, I thought Uli's was more believable for an everyday woman to wear. However, that may not even be a criteria for judging.

BluthBanana

[7]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    I really like Laura, I mena, she may do the same clothes over and over (Which Chloe did last year and won), but she makes them very well. Her clothes looked VERY expensive.

csjlj

[8]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 19
    BrainMan820 wrote:
    I honestly thought Uli's collection was better then Jeffrey's. Both of them were cohesive and had a variety, but Uli's clothes were a lot more sellable. I could see many women buying an Uli dress before a Jeffrey dress, which is always important. I actually thought Jeffrey's clothes weren't as sellable as the other three, but they were still marketable. I think Uli deserved to win, but Jeffrey's victory wasn't out of the blue. He is very talented.

In the fashion world, what is sellable to the average joanna doesn't equal a successful collection. Stores take from designers, dumb them down a little, make them less extreme, and sell them. Everyday people can't afford to shop (and purchase) in actual designer boutiques, which is probably why many people don't get it.

As Heidi often says "In fashion, one minute you're in, the next, you are out". That's the kind of design Jeffrey does - hot for a season, than out. But he's shown he's not a one note designer. Uli's line (a great collection for one season) couldn't stand the test of time because it is too limiting. Imagine if her designs did become popular - how long would the Uli style really last before people got tired of it and it seemed dated? Not very long. Which is why I believe they gave it to Jeffrey - more to offer over time.

desert05

[9]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 12
    Jeffrey will be a flash in the pan. He'll live off this win for a few years, but I think he'll have problems with clients over time. He's irratic and unprofessional. The judges may have wanted the show to present an "edgy" winner, but I don't think that's what they ultimately have. Jeffrey will fade away before his next tattoo.

BrainMan820

[10]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 16
    I'd have to disagree that Uli is one-note. She's shown us several more sophisicated pieces, like her couture gown. Even her evolution of Diana Ross, although it had a pattern, looked pretty chic. 

dragonfly_pat

[11]Oct 21, 2006
    • level: 19
    If you think that Uli is a one-note, then take a look at the collections again. Uli's collection has a sense of direction, but there is variety in what she has created. Some of Jeffrey's pieces are good, but some are not at all. All of Uli's are lovely. I think that from the beginning the PR people wanted Michael to win, but his final collection was not worth the win unfortunately. I think that the judges became prejudiced against Laura for making her accusation. For that I am thinking about Heidi's comments about Laura being "jealous" on a couple of talk shows after the finale. I don't agree with Heidi's assessment, but I am not a judge. Finally, I think that there was sympathy for Jeffrey because of the accusation, his life's story, etc. Uli should have won based on this collection.

Jeffrey - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c71632054%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=3

Uli - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c71632053%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=4

Lara - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c71632056%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=&tag=9

Michael - http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=EventImagesSearchState%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c71632055%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c%7c%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=2

MrsFuzzyBear

[12]Oct 21, 2006
    I love the idea of Jeff and Uli in the top 2. I loved their collections.

Nanners81

[13]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 3
    i was actually happy that jeffery used the white leather pants ( I know he couldn't use the shorts) the pants looked really great with the top

teenhustle

[14]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 4
    I loved Uli's collection but I can see why they picked jeffrey. Project Runway wants a designer that's going to be out there and different. I guess they think Jeffrey's going to do that for them. and I guess they've had some disappointments with Jay not showing for while after he won, and Chloe remaining in her hometown. They need someone OUT there. Jeffrey seems to have the drive to just provide something totally diffrent that is trendy because it doesn't look trendy. If you know what I mean. I guess, rock and roll irony.

I on the otherhand, would wear any Uli dress. Any time. In my sleep. But I see how she would seem safe to them. But I see her passion and artistry in her outfits, in Jeffrey's I just see that poseur rock star trying to hard to be diffrent trendy look.

teenhustle

[15]Oct 22, 2006
    • level: 4

also I don't think that Laura is lame. She has some good ideas, but in her design transaction, it ends up looking cheap to me. I love lace and sequins probably as much as she does. I do think she is...kind of ornery. Maybe that comes with age.

Edited on 10/22/2006 4:33pm

sparkie_ac

[16]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 18
    No Laura knows how to design and doesn't cheat like Jeffery! Uli and Laura deserved to win!

sparkie_ac

[17]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 18
    He cheated!

xd0rkette

[18]Oct 24, 2006
    • level: 15
    I think Uli should've won. It was better than Jeffery's collection. Laura's was alright, I didn't love it, but some of them were quite pretty. Michael has been my favorite, but his collection was a bit disappointing.

stuckeysokc

[19]Oct 31, 2006
    dragonfly_pat wrote:
    If you think that Uli is a one-note, then take a look at the collections again. Uli's collection has a sense of direction, but there is variety in what she has created. Some of Jeffrey's pieces are good, but some are not at all. All of Uli's are lovely. I think that from the beginning the PR people wanted Michael to win, but his final collection was not worth the win unfortunately. I think that the judges became prejudiced against Laura for making her accusation. For that I am thinking about Heidi's comments about Laura being "jealous" on a couple of talk shows after the finale. I don't agree with Heidi's assessment, but I am not a judge. Finally, I think that there was sympathy for Jeffrey because of the accusation, his life's story, etc. Uli should have won based on this collection.

I would have hoped they wouldn't tell the judges about Laura's accusation until after the judging.