Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Project Runway "Villain"?

  • Avatar of PintheDog

    PintheDog

    [21]Oct 19, 2006
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 11,494
    stuckeysokc wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:
    stuckeysokc wrote:
    The only one I don't remember making a bad comment about someone was Allison. Maybe she did - I missed a few of the early episodes.

    You should've seen her interviews after she was eliminated.


    Really! I would have liked to see those. Was she nasty or vindictive or what?

    Yes -- about everyone.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenhustle

    teenhustle

    [22]Oct 19, 2006
    • member since: 03/30/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 61
    i remember reading one about Allison calling her model fat.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of desert05

    desert05

    [23]Oct 20, 2006
    • member since: 07/12/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 4,980
    MrRossZ wrote:
    I think that in this season the villain was transitory -- like for the finale I think it was Laura with the jealousy and all that, prior to that it may have been Jeffrey with his temper and if you look back, villain role was kind of passed around.


    I find it odd that people would think that Laura was a "villain" for trying to set the record straight if Jeffrey cheated or not. There's a lot on the line with a win at PR, and if she had the feeling that he sent out some of his work for finishing, she had EVERY right to at least bring it up to the producers. It wasn't her place to do the investigating, it was the show's. Also, Uli and Michael both agreed something seemed wrong. In all the past seasons of PR, there's never been any designer (no matter how creative or talented), that's twiddled their thumbs the last few days. That should certainly have pricked up anyone's ears. When Keith was sent packing for cheating (and leaving), no one held it against Kayne or Robert that they found the books and were bothered by them. It seems totally out of line for anyone to think ill of Laura for doing the same thing, under a lot more pressure. I was highly offended by Heidi's comments on Ellen that Laura was "jealous" of Jeffrey?? Why would she be?? Her needlework was more precise, her relationships with others (including the models) was more professional, and her designs more classic and beautiful. Whether or not Jeffrey should've won is now for the message boards, etc., but in my opinion he's put out some really horrific designs. He was nearly eliminated 2 or 3 times....more than Uli, Laura or Michael. It's a very suspicious win, IMO. Oh well, maybe Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Heidi will get some glasses during the hiatus with Top Chef. Hopefully!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stuckeysokc

    stuckeysokc

    [24]Oct 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 284
    PintheDog wrote:
    stuckeysokc wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:
    stuckeysokc wrote:
    The only one I don't remember making a bad comment about someone was Allison. Maybe she did - I missed a few of the early episodes.

    You should've seen her interviews after she was eliminated.


    Really! I would have liked to see those. Was she nasty or vindictive or what?

    Yes -- about everyone.


    OH, so disappointing! Sweet and innocent looking on the outside, not so much on the inside
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stuckeysokc

    stuckeysokc

    [25]Oct 20, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 284
    teenhustle wrote:
    i remember reading one about Allison calling her model fat.


    I thought she said something like her model was larger than the others. I don't remember her using the word fat during the show. Did she in the post-show interviews?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of teenhustle

    teenhustle

    [26]Oct 22, 2006
    • member since: 03/30/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 61

    stuckeysokc wrote:
    teenhustle wrote:
    i remember reading one about Allison calling her model fat.

    I thought she said something like her model was larger than the others.  I don't remember her using the word fat during the show.  Did she in the post-show interviews?

    In her EW online interview she says her model was "not thin at all", i.e. fat. And she's rather irritable in that interview too saying that it was pretty much her models fault. I was hoping that it was because she had just gotten kicked off, because I love her style and she seemed so pleasant on the show, but I guess there is other such evidence that she was kind of bitter.

    Excerpt:

    You didn't seem too happy with your model. Was she really that big? I mean, was she a size 4 instead of a size 2?

    No, she's a lot bigger than me. She's absolutely gorgeous, but she shouldn't be a runway model. She's maybe a size 8 or a 10. She's not thin at all.


    Why would the producers put in a model who's not runway-model size?
     
    So people like me get eliminated. They threw in someone who had scoliosis whose shoulders are three inches different. Did you ever notice whoever's designing for Nazri often wins? There are three models who seem to win. It's because they have model bodies. I was cursed from the beginning. I had the model with scoliosis the first time — that's why I don't think I won the dog challenge. And this time, my model chose me. I was like, ''Oh no!'

    http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1228212_3_0_,00.html

    Edited on 10/22/2006 1:42am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stillplaygbc

    stillplaygbc

    [27]Oct 23, 2006
    • member since: 07/10/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 275
    Jeffrey was stupid the entire season. I understand why someone would dislike Angela, becuase of her Rosette Obsession, but to disrepect her mother was bad. he didnt deserve to win. Uli's clothes have substance and finess while his clothes will be worn at heavy metal trashy parties. Laura was kind of rude toward the end, but what she said was true. Jeffrey was completely out of line.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MrRossZ

    MrRossZ

    [28]Oct 28, 2006
    • member since: 06/14/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 67
    Thing is -- this is Project Runway, not Project Popularity Contest as someone mentioned on another thread -- Jeffrey was quite short with Angela's mom, but when he tried to ask her what she prefers he got a super-generic answer, hence the result.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of stuckeysokc

    stuckeysokc

    [29]Oct 30, 2006
    • member since: 08/24/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 284
    teenhustle wrote:

    Excerpt:

    You didn't seem too happy with your model. Was she really that big? I mean, was she a size 4 instead of a size 2?

    No, she's a lot bigger than me. She's absolutely gorgeous, but she shouldn't be a runway model. She's maybe a size 8 or a 10. She's not thin at all.


    Why would the producers put in a model who's not runway-model size?

    So people like me get eliminated. They threw in someone who had scoliosis whose shoulders are three inches different. Did you ever notice whoever's designing for Nazri often wins? There are three models who seem to win. It's because they have model bodies. I was cursed from the beginning. I had the model with scoliosis the first time — that's why I don't think I won the dog challenge. And this time, my model chose me. I was like, ''Oh no!'

    http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1228212_3_0_,00.html



    Wow, a size 8 or 10? I can see why she was cursed (sarcasm is dripping here) I am disappointed in her attitude. I thought she was so sweet on the show. Oh, my bubble has been burst

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.