Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeBetween Seasons

Rami and ANTM

MelissaZaf

[1]Dec 14, 2007
    • level: 14

If you are an ANTM fan or happened to have watched the season's finale last Wednesday, you already heard and read about the buzz about Saleisha having previous modeling experience and participating in a Wendy's commercial. But what does Rami have to do with anything? Oh well, it seems like Rami did participate in a segment of the Tyra Banks show showing his designs with Saleisha modeling one of his pieces. See the connection?

Now, unless this season of PR has been filmed a long time ago, I'd say that now I am seriously doubting the show's credibility. Reason why I preferred Seasons 1&2 because they did show some unknown designers; not people whohave already shown their collectionin Emmy nominated shows like the Tyra Banks show. Since I am using a computer that does not allow me to copy & paste, I cannot put any links but I'll come back later and put them. Also if someone has them, they can put them if they're okay with that.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ketg

[2]Dec 15, 2007
    • level: 5

I can understand your fear for the credibility of PR, but the difference between Rami and Saliesha's situation is, that on the Bravo site where they have the list of designers and tell a little bit about them, they say right out front that he had clothing shown on ANTM. As for this season's ANTM's winner, she has been in a national ad just last year, which is clearly against the rules of the show. Since PR's rules don't say anything about not having their designs on national tv or showing in previous major runway shows, it's still a level playing field.

However, after saying that, I do agree with you that previous seasons were better. The first season was my fave, and they have been going down hill ever since. I think that this season, they have had some good challenges, things that are actually more relevent than making outfits out of food, but at the same time, those previous challenges with food, paper, etc, did show the designer's creativity more. IMO, at least. I did really like this last week's show with the women that had lost so much wieght. It was both relevent, and inspiring for viewers.

Stingseven

[3]Dec 23, 2007
    • level: 8
    I fail to see the problem. No one on ANTM or PR said the contestants were plucked from their basements. ANTM has not hidden Saleisha's past experience, and PR has always brought contestants with a wide range of exposure.

RugratBoy91

[4]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 9
    True Jeffrey, already had a company idk.. umm Cosa nostra.

newjerseyliz

[5]Jan 14, 2008
    • level: 8

RugratBoy91 wrote:
    True Jeffrey, already had a company idk.. umm Cosa nostra.

Yeah, I was thinking Rami had an unfair advantage but others like Jeffrey had entire clothing lines although they didn't get national exposure like he did.

I think the show would be a lot more interesting (more highs and lows) if they had amateurs, people just starting out in the design business, who had come from other fields (like Elisa) or who had designed before but not had the financial backing to put out an entire line with all of the production that entails.

Yes, you'd get more disasters but I think it would be more entertaining than having experienced designers sticking to their "style" and not want to experiment because they have a reputation to protect.