Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeBetween Seasons

Season 5 doesn't seem the same...

sugarsplurge

[1]Aug 19, 2008
    • level: 16

Or am I the only one who's noticed?

First off, they don't have everyone talk about themselves in the commercials to promote Project Runway like in the other seasons, it's just Tim and Heidi.

Second, The intro into the episode is just Heidi saying 'This is Project Runway'. They, again, don't have the cast say anything, just stand there in the backround.

*Sigh*, Project runway seems to be a bit empty this season...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dbcsdragon

[2]Aug 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    I noticed that too. In the commercials leading up to season 5 premiere, they showed Heidi with season 4 people. Season 5 contestants never showed their faces until the first ep.

woundedwindow

[3]Aug 21, 2008
    • level: 10
    of course they arent' going to promote a show they are just going to lose anyway

sugarsplurge

[4]Aug 22, 2008
    woundedwindow wrote:
    of course they arent' going to promote a show they are just going to lose anyway

Well, yeah, I know that a reason for this was the channel jump next season, but I didn't really understand why they did a collage commercial of the past 4 seasons to promote the 5th... plus, it's not like Bravo is completely shunning PR, they're showing promos for next week's eps too, so, why can't they have a bigger intro into the ep like the past 4 seasons? That's not really promotion at all, is it?

combatjammer

[5]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 9
    Myabe its just me, but this has got to be one of the most boring shows right now... I'm gonna just watch one more episode before I tune off totally.

CJ42090

[6]Aug 28, 2008
    The promos for this season tricked me into thinking that it was gonna be some sort of Project Runway All-Stars edition.

MelissaZaf

[7]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 14
    I think the reason why the show is a mess this season is because of all the drama that PR producers had with Bravo. You have to remember that they are moving the show to a new channel, so there weren't time for a big promotion as other adjustments were being made. I do hope that Project Runway can redeem itself for the upcoming seasons. Either way, no matter how boring I think it is, I cannot not watch... it's my guilty pleasure.

dbcsdragon

[8]Aug 28, 2008

Why is PR moving channels anyway? I never watch Lifetime. I hope that Top Chef doesn't end up going anywhere.

I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again. I hope that Lifetime carries on Bravo's tradition of showing all previous episodes as well as previous seasons. It doesn't have to be an all day marathon like Bravo does, but I hate it when I miss an episode of a reality show and it never gets repeated, although it effects any episodes afterward.

sugarsplurge

[9]Aug 28, 2008
    dbcsdragon wrote:

Why is PR moving channels anyway? I never watch Lifetime. I hope that Top Chef doesn't end up going anywhere. p>

Something about NBC, the company that owns Bravo, not being quick enough to re-buy PR, so when the opporitunity presented itself, Lifetime took it. Now, NBC is all upset and sued/suing Lifetime. Still, PR6 is starting in November, which I think is way too soon, on Lifetime. Good news is that Heidi and Tim are moving with the next season too, but the bad news, the producers of the show aren't, which could mean some changes to PR6. And no, Top Chef isn't moving too, and the producers, who are also the producers to Top Chef, aren't moving either, that is, as long as NBC isn't careless again.

There's more info at the homepage of PR on this site.

dbcsdragon

[10]Aug 28, 2008
    sugarsplurge wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:

Why is PR moving channels anyway? I never watch Lifetime. I hope that Top Chef doesn't end up going anywhere. p>

Something about NBC, the company that owns Bravo, not being quick enough to re-buy PR, so when the opporitunity presented itself, Lifetime took it. Now, NBC is all upset and sued/suing Lifetime. Still, PR6 is starting in November, which I think is way too soon, on Lifetime. Good news is that Heidi and Tim are moving with the next season too, but the bad news, the producers of the show aren't, which could mean some changes to PR6. And no, Top Chef isn't moving too, and the producers, who are also the producers to Top Chef, aren't moving either, that is, as long as NBC isn't careless again. There's more info at the homepage of PR on this site.

THX. I didn't know that. @#$% NBC. Oh, well. Glad to hear that Tim Gunn is along for the move. I hope that Lifetime doesn't mess it up too badly. Why fix what isn't broke?

dbcsdragon

[11]Aug 28, 2008
    This is off topic. Is anyone else getting annoyed that Bravo is doing more and more series based on one person. One of the most recent is Tabatha's Salon Takeover. I like Tabatha, but her own show is overkill. It just seems that all of the more recent series are based on a person rather than a subject. I find it boring.

sugarsplurge

[12]Aug 28, 2008
    dbcsdragon wrote:
    This is off topic. Is anyone else getting annoyed that Bravo is doing more and more series based on one person. One of the most recent is Tabatha's Salon Takeover. I like Tabatha, but her own show is overkill. It just seems that all of the more recent series are based on a person rather than a subject. I find it boring.

I don't mind that it's off topic. I actually like Tabatha's show, she's like the Gordon Ramsey of hair XD Yeah, but as for PR, I agree, I hope that Lifetime doesn't try to make any 'improvements'. And as for Bravo, who's basically known for having project runway, I hope they don't slip in ratings, sicne they're going to have to rely on other shows to be as successful as PR.

Mdinkle1

[13]Aug 30, 2008
    • level: 35
    sugarsplurge wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:

Something about NBC, the company that owns Bravo, not being quick enough to re-buy PR, so when the opporitunity presented itself, Lifetime took it. Now, NBC is all upset and sued/suing Lifetime. Still, PR6 is starting in November, which I think is way too soon, on Lifetime. Good news is that Heidi and Tim are moving with the next season too, but the bad news, the producers of the show aren't, which could mean some changes to PR6. And no, Top Chef isn't moving too, and the producers, who are also the producers to Top Chef, aren't moving either, that is, as long as NBC isn't careless again.

Wow, November? That's so soon! This season will probably end sometime in September... I think they should wait a little bit for the next season, maybe sometime after the new year.

sugarsplurge

[14]Sep 2, 2008
    Mdinkle1 wrote:
    sugarsplurge wrote:
    dbcsdragon wrote:

Wow, November? That's so soon! This season will probably end sometime in September... I think they should wait a little bit for the next season, maybe sometime after the new year.

It definitely won't end in Spetember, there are still 9 people left. I think it will end in mid-October, but still, it is way too soon for the 6th season to start. I'm hoping they postpone the new season til at least next year