Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

season 5 top 3 to go to the show

Sugar2U

[1]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 9

Now that 6 episodes have past I do have some favourites

MY finale 3 would be KORTO. JOE. and and ok to be honest im tied between TERRI and KENLEY

MY worst 3 are.. Suede, Blayne, and Stella... closely followed by Leanne (those BIG teeth YOUCH)

Keith and Jerrel I dont care for or hate but I think they should go before the end but maybe after the above go..

So what do U think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Clem4077

[2]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 7

My three top picks are Joe, Korto, and either Terri, Blayne or Kenley.

The rest except Stella are in the middle.

Stella's on my at-the-bottom list because A.) Her work is very inconsistent. I was amazed her Olympic outfit didn't make the bottom three for the judges. B.) I'm quite tired of listening to her drone on and on about how she usually works with leather. And also about how she's 'rock and roll.' She says that like she's trying to convince everyone around her she is, but really not.

Fashion-ista

[3]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 1

I agree with the top three - Based on performance to date I am rooting for Korto to win, Joe second and my third place guess is close but I think Terri slightly beats Kenley.

Mostly agree with the worst three - Blayne is the worst I mean worst-alicious and next to go (so he can deal with his tan-orexia problem), then Stella-she does rocker and biker look well and considering the fact that she is dealing with fabrics other than demin and leather she has gotten farther than expected but it won't last long unless she gets lucky. Leanne has a particular look that fits a small niche group but doesn't have the mass appeal so I'm guessing she will be out after Stella.

Keith, Jarrel, and Suede are all wild cards; they have all had some hits but more misses and so they are not consistent. They wont make it to the end but we should see a couple more of their designs unless they really miss in the next couple of challenges which could happen.

tafj73

[4]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 30

Out of the remaining designers, this is how I rate them from best to worst, on the basis of talent, drive, skills, and personality:

1. Terri

2. Korto

3. Kenley

4. Joe

5. Leanne

6. Stella

7. Suede

8. Jerell

9. Keith

10. Blayne

I feel Blayne needs to go next. He seems rather inexperienced and seems to be coasting by mainly on personality. Keith is very inconsistent and his executed designs are a little blah or unfinished. Jerell is also hit-or-miss - he doesn't seem to have a clear aesthetic either. Suede is a little annoying in general and a bit emotional - he might crack under the pressure if he was to go to Bryant Park. I like Stella's personality (she's growing on me) and how she sticks to her aesthetic during each challenge. However, I don't think she has a wide enough range of talent to go on to the end. As for Leanne, she has talent (even if it's a bit narrow), but I don't think she'll last.

That leaves Joe, Kenley, Korto, and Terri, who I think are the strongest contenders for the Final 3. Personally, it would be great to see Joe there, but I really think the other three have more drive, talent, wide range, and skills to last to the end. Ultimately I'd like to see Terri win, but it would be cool to see Korto win as well. As for Kenley, she has what it takes and has a clear aesthetic, but I don't really like her holier-than-thou personality sometimes. However, her work has stayed consistent so far, along with the others.

So, that's my two cents.

Edited on 08/25/2008 7:39pm

123KK

[5]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 10

My favorite's are-Korto, Joe, Jerrel, Blayne

And the middle for me are- Suede, Terri, Leanne

The people I csn't stand- Stella, Keith, Kenley

I think Kenley should go home cause her clothes are kinda like old looking and also she needs to quit critizying people i hate her alot

Edited on 08/27/2008 5:01pm

dbcsdragon

[6]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 12

Bryant Park hopefuls: Terri, Korto, and Joe

I like Jerell too, but I doubt that he'll make it that far.

Blayne needs to be the next to go home (can't believe that he's made it this far). Stella's outfits are not bad for her style, but if they do a Red Carpet challenge, she's doomed, and I don't want to hear another word about leather. Kenley, Keith, and Suede have had a hit or two, but too many misses to make it to the final.

sugarsplurge

[7]Aug 27, 2008
    • level: 16
    My top 3 based on performances thus far: Terri, Korto and Leanne.

My so-so's: Suede, Joe, and Jerell

My least faves: Blayne, Kenley and Stella

I really do think that people are underestimating Leanne. She's only been in the bottom twice, and one time was because she was stuck with Blayne. other than that, she's been in the top 3 or in the middle, and just won her 1st challenge. I have high hopes for her

thecatinahathat

[8]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 4
    My favorites are Leanne, Korto, and probablyyyy, Suede (he just amuses me so). My so-so's are Jerell, Stella, and Blayne.
    My least favorites are Kenley, Joe, and Terri.
    I don't mind Terri's clothes, but she just annoys she. She doesn't know how to talk to people, like Jerell said.
    And Kenley's annoying with her laugh. HOHOHOHEEHEEEHEEEEE. Ugh.
    I love Leanne though, I think her pieces have been original and wearable. I think she'll go far. I agree with sugarsplurge about people underestimating her.

sugarsplurge

[9]Aug 29, 2008
    thecatinahathat wrote:
    My favorites are Leanne, Korto, and probablyyyy, Suede (he just amuses me so). My so-so's are Jerell, Stella, and Blayne.
    My least favorites are Kenley, Joe, and Terri.
    I don't mind Terri's clothes, but she just annoys she. She doesn't know how to talk to people, like Jerell said.
    And Kenley's annoying with her laugh. HOHOHOHEEHEEEHEEEEE. Ugh.
    I love Leanne though, I think her pieces have been original and wearable. I think she'll go far. I agree with sugarsplurge about people underestimating her.

Thank you ^_^ Though I do disagree with your view on Terri... even if her personality is not so good, her personality is way better than Joe's, Keith's and especially Kenley's.

heartfailure26

[10]Aug 31, 2008
    I sort of need Terri in the show to make me laugh which i know sounds biased but i need something that will entertain me and Blayne adding licious to every word isn't doing it for me.

My top 3 would have to be:
    Korto:She has been very consistent.I always see her being in the Top 3 designers who did good in the challenge so she definitely deserves to be there.
    Suede-I just have this feeling that he'll be in the top 3 it's just a hunch.
    Terri-This girl right here needs to be in the final 3.Her designs are exquisite and are strong enough to compete with Korto's.

Eva4ever

[12]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    My top three right now are Terri, Kenley, and Leanne oh I also like Joe too :/ Bottom Blayne, Suede and Stella I suppose. Jerrell's alright sometimes. Korto seems so blah in personality and quite boring so I don't really like her.

I really think Leanne is one of the best but she doesn't have a big personality and is a bit shy so that could be why she doesn't make it as far as she could. I was really impressed with her in the challenge with the car parts. I like Terri 'cause I usually agree with everything she says hahaha. I think the reason I don't like Korto so much is 'cause I think her designs are overrated. I was sure the judges were going to hate that seatbelt mess thing.

TVAddicT28

[13]Aug 31, 2008
    I want Korto, Leanne, and, Suede.

Sugar2U

[14]Sep 6, 2008

I KNOW that seat belt coat or Korto's looked so bad on the drawing board BUT her model really pulled it offf and it looked great.. not suprised to see Keith go he was not very good under pressure or with Critisism so no big suprise. His work will still be seen on that show he won the Brooke Shields challenge so he should not be whineing about "not being able to get a break"

an_9908

[15]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 6

one of my favourite left... (Terri)

final three I guess are Leanne, Korto, Jerell or Kenley.

tafj73

[16]Sep 11, 2008
    • level: 30
    My favorite left as well. So, I hope Korto, Kenley, and Leanne go.

peach_toast

[17]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 2
    from what I've seen, I too, have to add Korto to my pick of final three. The other two would be Leanne and Kenley. I'm not too keen on them but based on the performances of the other designers, they have the best chances.

dbcsdragon

[18]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 12
    Now with Terri gone, I'll have to change mine. Leanne, Korto, and maybe Jerell

Sugar2U

[19]Sep 13, 2008

I am now with JOE, KORTO and LEANNE.. I still dont really like Leanne but she had two wins in a row..

I now do not like Kenley at all and think she should have gone home instead of Terri.

My altrenate is Jerrell if Joe or Korto or Leanne go first he is my number 4

sugarsplurge

[20]Sep 13, 2008
    Leanne is my favorite (still) to win the whole thing. But I'd like to see Suede and Korto go to the final 3 with Leanne. I guess I'm being a bit biased with my choices, especially with Suede, but he's so funny, he'd make Bryant Park extra fun!
    My other 2 choices are based on talent, which is what Leanne and Korto both have ^_^