Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeBetween Seasons

season 5 top 3 to go to the show

eleno_d

[21]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 8
    KORTO, LEANNE AND JERELL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ocean58

[22]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 53
    Based on Bryant Park pictures I liked Korto, Jerell and Joe's collections most.

tle041

[23]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 4
    Korto, Jerell, and...that's it. The rest can go home and take their fug with them.

maayaxlm

[24]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    I kinda like Kenley's style but I believe she always does the same and is like "I don't care what the judges say to me" "I don't care what Tim comments" come on! then why be there, your job is always going to be criticized and you must take advantage of what people say... I guess...

My top 3 are Korto, Kenley and Leanne.

Crogos

[25]Sep 23, 2008
    • level: 11
    I loved Jerell's. I think I want him to win. I really enjoyed Joe's line too though. While the judges critiqued him for his conventionality in the College Makeover challenge, his line is marketable faster to the public. I do also love Kenley's line. Very Kenley. She's distinctive in what she does. I don't like her attitude some of the time, but you need a bit of arrogance in you to make it in the fashion world.

I liked Leanne's line. Cute dresses. Interesting pleat manipulation, or whatever you would call that. Lovely line. I liked the colours, very spring. But I worry that it got a bit monotonous in the colour sense. But I thought it was really cohesive.

I also really enjoyed Korto's line. I can see her up in the top 3 with Jerell and Kenley. She's interchangeable with Leanne.

Suede did not actually make it to Bryant Park top 3. Ew. There were some interesting pieces in there, but I found his work to be unimaginative, stuck in the 90s and made the models look thick! Not a chance. I can understand why he stuck around longer than Joe, because he didn't go with a cliche in the GradMO--but I would have rather had Joe's suit there, than Suede's 90s atrocity.

inmate123

[26]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 2
    I love Kenley continuing to call everyone a poseur while rehashing her fugly floral prints That's like calling the pot black Granted, she has designed a nice dress here and there, but it's been awhile since that has happened and her arrogance(which was very subtle at first) has continued to become unberable. Even if the Social Distortion mascot reaches the final three, she doesn't stand a chance in hell. Good job burning bridges, dumb ****

TVAddicT28

[27]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 9
    Okay I'm changing what I wrote.

1. Korto
    2. Leanne
    3. Jerrell

Kenley just has to go! I mean seriously! (NO OFFENSE!)

memmapunk

[28]Sep 27, 2008

korto (my favourite)

jerrell

leanne

and kenley.. PLSSS I HOPE SHE'S GONE NEXT CHAPTERRR

dbcsdragon

[29]Sep 27, 2008
    • level: 12

Leanne

Korto

Jerell

And I don't want Kenley anywhere near the finale. She had better be bye-bye next ep.

she_is_wicked

[30]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 19

I've been calling Korto, Leanne, and Kenley since episode 4.I really really hope I'm wrong and it's Korto, Leanne, and Jarell.

But a sinking feeling tells me I might be right.. . I mean, Kenley has held on for a while and is the second Santino.

sugarsplurge

[31]Oct 3, 2008
    • level: 16
    the second Santino... actually, she kinda reminds me of Ricky from season 4. She keeps getting in the bottom, but still manages to slip by everytime... hopefully she'll be 4th out of the 4

she_is_wicked wrote:

I've been calling Korto, Leanne, and Kenley since episode 4.I really really hope I'm wrong and it's Korto, Leanne, and Jarell.

But a sinking feeling tells me I might be right.. . I mean, Kenley has held on for a while and is the second Santino.

she_is_wicked

[32]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 19
    sugarsplurge wrote:
    she kinda reminds me of Ricky from season 4. She keeps getting in the bottom, but still manages to slip by everytime...
    Eeeehhh, she doesn't remind me of Ricky. Aside from how she's been in the bottom, but slipping by Ricky wasn't cast as the villain of season 4...and there's no way Bravo ever kept him because he brought ratings. He was just annoying...Kenely is entertaining on a disturbing level
    Edited on 10/04/2008 2:49pm

123KK

[33]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 10

I think this is how it will probably go actually this is how I hope it goes

1.Korto
    2.Jerrel
    3.Leanne

Actually any of these three could win and I would be cool with it their all really talented so it doesn't really matter I would though really hope Korto wins since she was one of my favorites from the begginnings and since Kelli or Blayne didn't make it I hope she wins. But like I said I like the other 2 a lot so it doesn't matter as long as Kenley doesn't make the top three I'm happy I can't stand her and I hate her clothes the 50's are over.

NO WHERE NEAR FINAL THREE
    KENLEY

tafj73

[34]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 30

Based on the pictures from Bryant Park, I would say either Korto or Jerell will win (I am leaning towards Korto). Even though Kenley's line was a bit of a rehash of what she's done before, they were very well made, so she may just edge into being #3. To be honest, Leanne's line was pretty, but all the folds tended to get monotonous and a little gimmicky after a while - they started to look more like folded napkins than garment design.

So, putting aside my feelings about any of the designers and looking at their work objectively, I think the order is Korto, Jerell, Kenley, and Leanne.

Vernita_Green

[35]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 10
    I think Jarell and Korto DEFINITELY belong at Bryant Park their designs for the most part have been pretty good this season. Kenley and Leanne should have to compete for the final spot. Leanne's designs don't seem all that memorable to me, and Kenley's 50s costumes are so boring to me, and her snotty attitude makes me just think of her as a brat. I know attitude doesn't have much to do with winning, but her tastes are questionable at times nonetheless.

memmapunk

[36]Oct 9, 2008
    omg.. i cried so much this chapter that i tought i was watching a soup opera instead of this reality!!

Korto was my favourite designer all season, and in the last chapters Jerrell was getting my attention too.. but the bit i saw of all collections my favourites were, in this same order:

1. Jerrell
    2. Kenley (yes i cannot believe it..)
    3. Korto ( I didnt like her collection at all, for me was boring.. it didn't say korto in it)
    4. Leanne (OMG.. i didnt like any of it.. the waves-whatever i didnt like it..)

For me, Kenley earned her spot on the final 3 with her collection.. eventough her attitude was like shut-up-and-please-kill-yourself, her collection was pretty nice..

Leanne should had gone OUT.. all her designs looked the same.. the 3-4 pieces she show were the same, and everything baby blue.. i don't know.. i didnt like her..

but Jerrell, omg what a beautiful collection he did.. it is a shame that he was eliminated..

and what about the stories, korto made me cry and also Jerrell's.. i was like, sh*t this ppl are really like, fulfilling a life's dream.. them both deserves this..
    and Leanne, so unpersonal.. i guess she didnt want to expose her family to the show or whatever, her designs for the fashion week werent good.. jerrell come baaaaaack