Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeBetween Seasons

Season 6 premiere - what did you think?

kcbelles

[1]Aug 21, 2009
    • level: 4

Anyone watch the premiere last night? I'm surprised there's not a post yet about this.

Good to see Tim back; liked Lindsay Lohan as the guest judge. She had some insightful/intelligent comments to make, so she knew her stuff, which I didn't expect.

I'm not wow'd by any of the designers yet. Glad they got rid of the nut (don't remember their names) - rooting for the fellow from Seattle. I found the challenge a bit tame and I'm surprised that we didn't see more elegant evening gown-type dresses.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dbcsdragon

[2]Aug 22, 2009
    • level: 12
    **Spoiler** Interesting premiere. Although it is very early, none of the designers have shown much talent. There were a few things that I somewhat liked, but nothing I could actually picture on the red carpet. IMO, the guy who sent down the nude nightgown should have gone home, but that is just because I wanted to see more of Ari's stuff. She may be out of this world, but if she can curb her creativity, she could come up with some interesting stuff. But we will never know. Oh, well.

tjaman

[3]Aug 24, 2009
    • level: 32
    Wonderful beginning. More extensive review in my podcast here. Enjoy!

BiniBeans

[4]Aug 28, 2009
    • level: 21
    So, it's back. I actually kind of missed the show and was glad to see Tim Gunn on "The Daily Show" promoting it the other day, and not only because h seems to be a great guy. I liked Johnny, Malvin, Ra'mon, Shirin and Carol Hannah. I find Nicolas too pretentious to like his dress and Mitchell so nice that I can overlook his first attempt.

RioMom

[5]Sep 2, 2009
    • level: 6

It's nice to have PR back, although I'm not crazy about the battle of the big-shots that delayed it for so long. Oh well, karma will no doubt take care of them. On to the show... I always enjoy watching Tim Gunn. I thought he was especially compassionate helping Johnny. I admire Johnny for being open and honest about his past and hope that he'll find success through PR. I have to say it was so refreshing to have designers who are kind, respectful and thoughtful. I got so tired of seeing the obnoxious, rude and egotistical designers on past seasons (Jay, Wendy, Santino, Christian, Jeffrey, Kenley, Korto, etc.) It's really refreshing to see decent people on for a change. It may not provide for exciting TV but it's a nice break from past seasons. I was disappointed that the set is identical to the one in New York. Rumor has it Heidi Klum wanted to change it and actually designed a new set - but Lifetime wasn't changing it. Maybe it'll evolve over the season. I'm glad PR is back but still hope to see another season of The Fashion Show too.