Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeBetween Seasons

Vote for Who *Should* Have Won Season 3!

Who do you think *should* have won Project Runway Season 3?

noelmo

[1]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 5
    Vote for who you think deserved to win after the final show at Bryant Park.
    Edited on 10/19/2006 9:28am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bbntom55

[2]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 30
    Michael...IMO, he was the strongest overall.

PintheDog

[3]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 29
    bbntom55 wrote:
    Michael...IMO, he was the strongest overall.

Same here.

tfeaster

[4]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 1

Michael.  He's been the most consistent throughout the entire season.  And I love his personality and the thoughtfulness that went into his designs.  For them to be so high on him all season, then say to him, "well, we will wait for you to 'mature'" is a bunch of horse radish.

I would've not minded to see Uli either.  I thought her show was the best and the last dress in her line was an eyedropper.  I never understood Jeffrey's sense of style, although his show was very cohesive. 

I can't wait to see Michael somewhere in the fashion world!

Vernita_Green

[5]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 10
    You're right he was the strongest overall during the competition, but his collection was very cheap looking. It seems to be challenging for him to come up with fresh and innovative designs when he is given more freedom.  Since the winner's prize is do start their own line, its kind of important to be able to come up with fresh ideas for clothing designs.  I think Michael will be successful, but he has a little more growing to do.  He would be an excellent designer for celebrities.

Gilmoreism

[6]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 37
    Yeah guys sorry, but Michaels Collection wasn't better. It's Project Runway "one week you're in, the next you're out". If he can't deliver he doesn't deserve the win based on past performance. He didn't have a cohesive vision like the others. I would have been happy with Uli or Jeff, but I voted for Jeff because I agree with that win.

danmod

[7]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 34
    I think Michael definitely needs to grow a little as a designer. I like his stuff, but he's young and I know he'll refine his taste. I'm a bit disappointed that Jeffery won because I don't think I like the guy. He mocked and berated someone's mom and that's really not cool. But he won fair and square. I'll give him that. It could've gone to Uli but her stuff wasn't nearly as "hip" as Jeffrey's; I don't know much about fashion but I'm pretty sure "hip" is important. So congrats to Jeffery and, for him, a tip: Don't mock people's moms.

cheldi

[8]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7
    Uli should have won.  She was most improved, and her sytle was more marketable than any others.  She really brought out the big guns. 

Michael's collection was AWFUL!.   Looks like he was designing outfits for a rap video.  What a huge disappointment..   I've seen hookers dressed better than that.

Laura's collection was great for a more mature crowd, but project runway has always been more for a youthful crowd, so i knew she would not make it.  She's be awesome if designing clothes for the academy awards.

Jeffrey's collection was nothing special..  it was his usual LA looking clothes.   I think he just won because they liked his story....   former drug users, who was going to commit suicide once turned fashion designer/parent...    such an after school special..   but perfect for talk shows..   totally uncool.  

Intrigued_x3

[9]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 7

I thought the episode was very heavily leaning towards Uli. From the praise she got to the opinions of all who were asked after the show, she seemed to get the most applause for her work. I loved Jefferey from the beginning, so I wasn't disappointed, but I thought that because he was over-budget Uli would win.

Gilmoreism

[10]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 37
    Intrigued_x3 wrote:

I thought the episode was very heavily leaning towards Uli. From the praise she got to the opinions of all who were asked after the show, she seemed to get the most applause for her work. I loved Jefferey from the beginning, so I wasn't disappointed, but I thought that because he was over-budget Uli would win.

What he actually showed wasn't over budget. He got rid of his wigs and that took him donw below his budget. They have an 8,000 budget of what can actuaally go onto the show at Bryan Park. He was over by 200 because of his wigs, so once he got rid of them it was no problem.

choshojo

[11]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    Michael showed in the season that he was a great designer... so the trashy train wreck that I found his final collection to be was a bit of a shocker.

The win was stolen from Uli, IMO. I've loved a lot of her stuff all season & her final collection rocked the house.

I liked Jeffrey's final collection more than most of his work all season, but it still didn't deserve to win in my eyes.

stuckeysokc

[12]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 8
    I voted for Uli - thought she had the best overall collection. I liked parts of each of them but hers gets my vote.

tori6557

[13]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 11
    Michael - Overall, Uli or Laura - Just the last show

miss__brooke09

[14]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 9
    Michael was my favorite during the entire season, but i voted for uli because i absolutely loved her final collection.

dragonfly_pat

[15]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 19
    I entirely agree with Miss Brooks - loved Michael's designs throughout the season, but voted for Uli overall including the final collection. They both didn't win, but I hope that they do well "in real life."

teenhustle

[16]Oct 19, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think uli did well overall also, but michael definitely has a well of creativity and it's a shame that his final collection didn't show that adequately.

Janer1

[17]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 5

I remember Michael's dress for the "doggie challenge", and the black and white - chic, yet "fashion forward" - so I was very surprised at the tackiness of his designs, except for the bathing suit which I thought was very stylish. Leaning on his favorite color - white - and Uli-ish brights and prints showed a lack of confidence.

Uli is stuck in the 70s - if the 70s come back, she'll do fine, and I hear that they're back. IMHO, her stuff was commercial but not stylish.

Jeffrey - The first 4 or five pieces didn't wow me, but there were a couple dresses that were superb.

Laura - Overall, she had the three Fs - fashion, fit and finish. The detailing, the fit, the choice of fabric (minus those feathers) was excellent. There was one gown that fit like a second skin - and fit is often what separates true fashion from off-the-rack. Her last dress was beautiful - loved the color combo - a little more flair and risk and she might have won. But I don't think any of them are going to be hurting for work.

mcj31

[18]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 13
    Uli should have won, Michael dropped the ball in the finale. Laura's collection was too limited (but still amazing). How did Jeffery win, would anyone wear his horrible clothes, they were almost all made out of 3 Ugly fabrics, two stripes and a polkadot.

EveryDot

[19]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 4
    I think Project Runway likes innovators and people that take chances with their designs and that is Jeffrey. That zipper dress was pretty sassy. I personally like Laura's collection the most-- I think it is sophisticated and wearable, but I fear not so much on the innovative. Innovative for her, but not innovative enough to win.

deffsure15

[20]Oct 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    WHO KNOWS THE NAME OF THE SONG JEFFREY USED FOR THE RUNWAY!?!?!? I REALLY WANNA KNOW