Project Runway Forums

Thursday 9:00 PM on LifetimeIn Season

Vote for Who *Should* Have Won Season 3!

Who do you think *should* have won Project Runway Season 3?

FRE5Hmaker

[41]Oct 23, 2006
    • level: 13
    After the final showings, I would have been content with either a Jeffrey win or an Uli win.

I liked Michael throughout the competition but I knew after Tim Gunn's visit to his home he wasn't going to win with that collection. I agree with an earlier poster who said that he lost "it" after Paris. It was gaudy and not up to par with the work he created on previous challenges. Also, his alliteration was really getting on my nerves. Does he have a fetish with S-words, or what?

I never liked Laura or her clothes. That aesthetic just doesn't appeal to me. Her accusations of Jeffrey cheating also turned me off to her. Just because he finished his collection in the amount of time they were given doesn't mean he cheated. (Going over budget was a problem but it was fixed just like in Season 1 with Kara Saun.) Anyway, her collection looked like the same old stuff she had been doing. I would have liked to see something new from her to give her a chance but, unfortunately, she didn't go for it. Frankly, after all of the drama I knew Jeff was going to win.

Jeffrey's collection was very creative and some of those pieces would definitely sell well among people in my age group. I was crazy about his zipper dress. It was cohesive and he stayed young. He tried new things but it still looked like Jeffrey.

Uli was adorable from the very beginning. Especially in the Elle challenge when she chose to redo her dress and she says something like: "Up next on Project Runway, Uli doesn't finish her dress." Her collection was also very beautiful and woman-friendly. I would definitely wear some of her designs.

In the end, I was happy that Jeffrey won (if only just to spite Laura ). Marilinda was my favorite model from the very beginning so that was another plus! Pepole should also remember that the judging is subjective. It's technically art. We all respond in different ways. Jeffrey obviously had something the JUDGES liked and that was enough.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crystaldragon18

[42]Oct 27, 2006
    • level: 15
    PintheDog wrote:
    bbntom55 wrote:
    Michael...IMO, he was the strongest overall.
    Same here.
    Michael kept getting better and better why shouldn't he win?

graygirl4ever

[43]Nov 2, 2006
    • level: 5
    Laura was my personal favorite even though everything she made looked the same.  I loved her style.  But I thought Uli's collection should have won.  It was WAY better than Jeffrey's.

o0melody0o

[44]Nov 8, 2006
    • level: 7
    Laura was my favourite but i think she should stop wearing clothes which should never been shown on tv

GravityDefyer

[45]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 10

I definitely think Jeffery deserved to win.  His collection was by far the best.  Sorry all you Michael fans, but as much as i like him, his collection was the weakest.  He just needs a little time to truly find his style. 

But most of all i'm just really glad Laura didn't win!

millan2sky

[46]Nov 16, 2006
    • level: 6
    Although Jeffery to me was a complete ass in the competition .I liked his clothes and I thought he should have won.

gabfan31

[47]Nov 17, 2006
    • level: 100
    I really, really disliked Jeffrey. But his collection was the only one that was interesting, innovative, coherent, and showed a full range. The others had great individual pieces, but as "collections" they all fell short.

1hottactress

[48]Nov 26, 2006
    • level: 6
    I think Michael or Uli should have won they both were very good designers you could tell Uli improved majorly through the season and Michael was consistant throughout the show

gabfan31

[49]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 100
    I loved Uli, but they were judging on the collection , not prior successes. Uli's collection was definitely #2, and Michael just lost it completely with his collection (I shudder to think that Vincent was right, because Michael's collection did look like amateur night).  As far as individual pieces go I loved Laura's chic, sophisticated evening wear.  But in the end it was about the whole deal, and like it or not, Jeffrey had it.  I'm glad Michael got his 10 gs for being fan favorite, because he was on average the strongest competitor.  But it's all good.  They'll all go far in fashion.

missmollygurl

[50]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 2
    Based off of the entire show...Michael should have won. But based off of the finale..definately Uli.

lostflight815

[51]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 4
    i started off liking michael then as it went on i started liking jefferey. based on the finale uli or jefferey

championking

[52]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 19
    Based off the season, Michael deserved to win, but in the finale Uli had the best collection.

Danibean19

[53]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 2
    I thought Michael definitley owned the season, but he fell flat in the final collections. I strongly feel that everyone should be judge in the finals strictly on their final collection, because that's what's going to launch them into the fashion world (a collection), and not how well they did on silly weekly competitions. Jeff produced one of my favorite collections so far; innovative, fashion-forward, and exciting.

keikoy_seven

[54]Jan 21, 2007
    • level: 16

I am happy that Jeffrey won,

I agree that Michael was too young and I did NOT like Laura's stuff at all,

I thought that Uli's final show was great but throughout the show all of her dresses looked exactly the same, and a lot of her final collection did too

best person won

championking

[55]Feb 8, 2007
    I think the reason ppl are disappointed Jeff won was because he got through the competition based off personality. The producers have the right to step in and overthrow the judges decision on who goes home. Every season it is clear that someone gets by based off personality, Santino was clearly not the best in season two but he got by the same way.

mautie

[56]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 8
    Aaargh. Final just screened here in Aus. There is no way Jeffrey shoulda won, even the judges pointed out that two of his designs were complete failures. The first half of his collection was good - very good - but the rest was woeful. And he looked like a '90s industrial band throwback - eurgh!
    Uli shoulda won even tho Michael had been my fave throughout the season. Uli's collection was head 'n' shoulders above the rest.
    Laura's was good too but I agreed with the judges - no surprises there. She looked great tho, maybe she should do a classy maternity line.

I hope Uli didn't lose coz the producers wanted an American to win...

bballmegan22

[57]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 30

based on the challenges throughout the show, i think Michael should have won. But, based on their collections at Bryant Park I think Uli's was the best, but she didn't show what she showed at Bryant Park throughout the competition at all and I think she suprised a lot of people. I am happy for Jeffrey tho because he did well throughout the show and his collection was good.

Asterisk09

[58]May 17, 2007
    • level: 11
    Uli without question

TrueTenor

[59]Aug 29, 2007
    • level: 3

While Michael was my favorite throughout the season, Uli was BY FAR the best at Olympus fashion week. Jeff's win is the worst of the three season, IMO.

erin2992

[60]Jul 5, 2008
    My *favorite* designers were Uli and Michael, but based on the collections I think Uli or Jeffrey should have won.