Project Runway

Makeover

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Feb 08, 2006 on Lifetime

• Aah, we knew it was coming.. First Andrae, 'our little lamb', now Nick!

Of course it's upsetting that Nick had to leave, and personally I felt that the judges were in the wrong to make him go. However, Michael Kors was absolutley on-point in everything he said about Nick's outfit. It was a poor choice of fabric, and the design did have flaws. He was also in the right when he said that all of Nick's work had a touch of vulgarity in it.. Something I hadn't noticed before, but upon watching the episode, realized was true.

Santino did a poor job and was arrogant when asked to defend his work. I was ashamed of him, considering that I believe Santino does have vision and does belong in fashion (despite his off-putting demeanor).

I thought Kara and Chloe did do amazing jobs, and I was glad that they were recognized. HOWEVER, I was disappointed that Chloe won rather than Kara. Chloe did a fair job, but Kara pinpointed Santino's style and made it a hundred times better. There was a certain amount of bias against Kara, I felt, because the judges already thought Chloe was a better designer.

I was angry at the judges (specifically Heidi) for treating Daniel as they did. They did not take into account how well he did on previous challenges, and how wonderful a designer he is. Chloe did look awful, but that was solely because the look didn't suit her, not because Daniel designed it badly. Even so, one mistake and they almost send him packing? Are you aware of how you're running your show, Heidi?

Overall, I was unsure about the challenge. I couldn't decide if I liked it or not, which is odd for Project Runway, considering they usually come up with such entertaining ideas. This wasn't my favourite episode and certainly was not up to usual Project Runway standards.