Project Runway

Thursday 9:00 PM on Lifetime Premiered Dec 01, 2004 Between Seasons

ocean58

Project Runway Fan Reviews page 2 of 4

• For anyone who wants to be a fashion designer or craves insight into the world of fashion, this is your show!

Project runway is so inspirational, when that you find a designer that you really want to win. Following the design process and seeing the different outcomes of the same guidelines is really neat too. The show can be amazing when the designers put thought and character into the pieces they create. Getting a behind the scenes look at how garments are created is such a cool experience. Also, the different guest judges on the show are awesome. My favorite so far was when Sasha Cohen judged, and all the contestants were forced to work with unfamiliar fabrics and glam up the usual dull skating leotard. Also, all the designers had to make a pageant dress for Tara Conner which required a lot of embellishments and thoughtfulness. All in all, this is a really great show that more people should watch!
  • Perfect, the best reality show, ever.

Perfect, the best reality show, ever. For once a show where people with talent can actually do something. Not to mention- the drama, the clothes! Fabulous! I love watching them come up with the outfis each week and those eliminations, so utterly suspensful! All in all, an, no the only, A+ reality tv show.
  • Hey, it's better than Flavor of Love!

Ok, I am not here to tell you how Project Runway is going to change your life and rejuvenate your belief in whatever religion you have chosen for yourself, but honestly Project Runway is a good time. Out of all the reality television that is out there at the moment, at least Project Runway has people actually performing a function based on their skill. Fashion design is inherently interesting, I mean we all wear clothes and what we wear is based on what people similar to those featured deem fashionable. The challenges are a bit fantastic, but let's not lie to ourselves, we all want to see Tommy Hillfiger have to root through a trash bin to make a new suit. Heidi is interesting and engaging, Michael Kors is fun, Nina Garcia is the necessary tough-as-nails woman, and the guests are entertaining enough. It isn't going to enlighten you at all, but it is a good time and better than a lot of television out there.
  • this is absolutely fabulous!!!

who would have thought that a show like this could work?? a show about designers making fabuluos clothes for the price of being the next big american fashion designer.. the creators of this show are genuises.. this is reality TV in its finest..

Project Runway is so cleaverly made.. from choosing of the contestants to the challenges it is ovious that it is well thought off.. it makes watching every episode a weekly fix! the excitement of the show is what I long for when I don't watch it.. and the absolutely gorgeous Heidi Klum didn't help either.. I just love this show.. much more seasons to come!!
  • A much needed addition to the already crowed world of reality TV.

I absolutely love this show. Between Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn, I just can't get enough.

I know nothing about fashion, what is what, or how this is that, or what kind of material is good or bad.. and I don't need to know any of that to watch it either. Most of the time I disagree with judges Nina Garcia or Micheal Kors (which again shows that I know nothing about fashion) but that doesn't stop me from tuning in. Every week I grab my Pepsi and popcorn and sit down to watch the drama unfold. I cheer at the top of my lungs for the outfits that give me goose bumps, and dry heeve over the ones that remind of me why I don't own a sewing machine.

Heidi often says, "You're either in or you're out", and as long as this show is on the air, consider me in.
  • This is one great show!

When I first hear of project Runway I didn't really think that something like this could really work out, soon I was mistaken! This is one of the best reality shows ever. It is so interesting because I never though that a show could be created by people making clothing. The clothing made by the contestants were absolutely awesome! they looked like they were made by known artists! the contestants didn't only have potential though, they had great senses of humors and they were great to watch because they all either got along or were bickering toward one another which makes great reality. I unfortunately don't have bravo anymore but I loved to watch it! This is definitely one of the best!
  • FIVE STARS ***** GREAT SHOW ! Amazing designers, amazing challenges... Let's hope producers will soon have a celebrity’s web auction with Project Runway challenge clothes.

I enjoy every minute of this show. Each challenge seems so impossible, and yet by the end of the day some beautiful garments are made.

My favorite designers amongst Winners are:

Next in my closet: Jeffrey Sebelia - season 3
    A twisted mind, with very sure taste. Just what I love !

Loved: Jay McCarroll - season 1
    Very original work presented at Olympus Fashion week. It's a shame in September 2007, the show was less powerful.

Was not very impressed by Chloe Dao - season 2
    Boring colors, boring shapes! Hated the shoulders & boleros.
  • Project Runway!

I love this show just because it gives you a glimpse into the fashion industry. I am an Apparel and Textiles major, and it is nice to see a show that is right up my alley, and has to do with everything that I love. Watching Project Runway is like taking a look into what the furture is holding for me. I love finding out what the next challenge is and seeing how the designers create a new look from a simple idea. I love this show!
  • My complete all-time favorite!!!

I started watching this show towards the end of season 1 and got hooked. I watched until the end of season 1 where Jay won, and I then started watching the re-runs. Ever since then I haven't missed any of it. Then came the second season where I watched it right from the beginning, and my favorite designer Chloe won. I was excited about that one even more. Then the 3rd season Jeffery won, and I personally think all three were the underdogs of each season. Jay with his quirky style, Chloe being thought to have just one style, and Jeffery making crazy outfits the others wouldn't even think of. But he did have the best technique than the others I think. But I like this show because like on SYTYCD the people can showcase their talents. Even without comming in first they can have so many more opportunities. But we get to see how these designers can handle themselves under pressure. But this gives us an idea what they really can do when things need to get done. I love all the different techniques, and ideas that all these different people have. But it's crazy trying to get all these people together, and not think their isn't going to be some kind of fight. But I guess that's the point of reality tv. You get to see people's real emotions and not just a scripted, acted reaction. I just can't wait till the next season to see what kind of new, crazy ideas they can come up with for the designers to base an idea on. Then turn it into a wonderful fashion creation.
  • I love this show! Heidi Klum is the best thing on the show and is so cute and perfect to be the host... i love her accent!

Tim Gunn is also perfect for the show... Make it Work! i love that saying... he makes the show as some of you would agree with me...

Nina Garcia is so cute too... she's having a baby! thats so cute! except even though she is "Fashion Editor of Elle Magazine" she doesnt look it her hair is always a little messy in my opinion but i still love her and the show...

Michael Kors is hilarious... i love him and agree with everything he says...

If anyone of them werent on the show i wouldnt watch it... jk i would but still i love it...

I loved this passed season but i thought that Uli shouldve won not Jeffrey but i still like him... i just would've preferred Uli to win...
  • I love it

it is a good show in which I have just started wacthing this seaon and am glad the my friend introduced it to me. I have not really much to say except I have to keep writting till I reach a hundred so o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o I will see
  • love it, love it, love it!

Show absolutely amazing have to see it every week! I'm like clock work when the season is on TV. I do think that last season that Michael and Laura were my favorite although Uli had good work! I did think that the last four were not very different with their work the only one that changed their style every time was Michael. I hope that best for him because he did a wonderful job every time. Laura made her clothing classic and elegant. If I were going out for a fancy night out I would want her work draped across me. If I were going some were fun and hot I would want Uli to make that outfit. If I were going to a party I would want Michael to make all my outfits he knows how a woman's body works with clothes. Jeff had a different out look on clothes and there styles but they were always eye catching so i suppose that he came through at the end and delivered. Congratulations
  • "One day you're in, the next day you're out."

I love Project Runway. It is one of the better reality shows out there. I've been a fan since it's very first season.

Every week I love seeing what new challenge they have to face and the wearable art these fashion designers create. It amazes me how talented these unknown people are. Getting to see a runway show every week is great.

They always pick a variety of interesting people to compete. It's easy to choose your favorite person aesthetic-wise and personality-wise. The drama they inevitably get into is fun television viewing too. And they have the show regulars that keep things interesting as well: Tim, Heidi, Michael and Nina.

I've really enjoyed every season so for and look forward to many more to come!
  • Funny, intentionally kitschy, dramatic and actually showcases real talent rather than just a luck-of-the-draw situation.

I wanted to hate it, really, I did. However, after Season 1 I was officially a Project Runway addict. The thing I like about this show is that it isn't just like other reality shows. It has contestants who are actually TALENTED, who can do things other than just cause drama, though there is plenty of that. My favorite part is when they make garments that are truly horrendous (like everything Santino ever made) and we, the audience, get to relish in the badness. We know it's bad, the producers know it's bad, the other designers know it's bad but the designer themself has no clue. They think it's the best thing since sliced bread. Definitely hilarious and addictive. One of my favorites.
  • Surprisingly amazing show rocks! Michael and Uli are my favorite designers!

I must say that I know absolutely nothing about the fashion industry. But this show kept my attention from the beginning. I did not see any parts of the first 2 seasons, but wow! I cannot wait to see Michael fashions in a Macys window, and Uli designs were hot to death. Now I actually am looking forward to season 4!
  • What happened with the Judges last night? Congrats to Jeffery but he wasn't the best there!!!

To me, this is an example of the producers "helping" pick the shows winner. Uli by far had the best collection!! Michael had the most creative collection, Laura of course, had a blah collection. Jeffery had some disasters come down that runway! Maybe they didn't want to choose Uli or Michael because they were the crowd favorites. These two will have a very good career in fashion as long as they stay true to themself. Laura will make great clothes but under/next to a good designer with fresh ideas. I guess I didn't see Jeffery's range, it was some of the same ole same. Maybe he won because he actually needed it more than the two front runners Mike and Uli, who are going to be known designers for years to come. Congradulations Jeffery! Time to party like a rock star, a sober rock star!!!!
  • Much better than America's Next Top Model.

I decided to sit down one day and give this show a try. I was actually extremely surprised to find that I liked it and found it interesting. Much better than most of the other shows out there, America's Next Top Model and American Idol. This show is somewhat realisitc and chooses decent people to watch. This show does not contain much fluff like all the other ones do. Overall, fun to watch on a night when you are bored and really need something to do. I can see why so many people love and it and this actually deserves to be on tv.
  • I have been watching this show from the beginning. I must say the talent on this season's shows is better than in the past.

Show's good as always... Heidi rocks!But why has Jeffrey stayed on? The man is mean, lacks any kind of talent, all his sh*t looks like punk-rock-a-paloosa! Another Santino all over again! Get rid of him... The blonde chick that got voted off should be in his place instead...Michael has great taste, tries to push it a bit sometimes, but he knows the woman's silhouette well, and the red-head Mommie is stylish and sleek. Uli, the German chick shows great potential. In the end I think the red-head will win...GET JEFFREY OUT!!! I know you must keep him there for ratings, but puh-leeze! Toss him!
  • Wow, was I pleasantly suprised!

I am not a big reality show fan. I do watch Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Cash Cab, and a few others. I had never seen Project Runway until yesterday. Bravo ran the full season 3. I was home and there was nothing else on, I had heard good buzz about the show, so I decided to watch.

I have to admit it was captivating! I thought the contestants on Top Chef were brutal, they are ammatures! The level of animosity on this show was palpable.

I have to admit, I do not know anything about the nuance of clothing design, and my guesses as to who would win were pretty much way off, but I have to say that I have penciled in the finale on my calendar.
  • One of the better reality shows

Project Runway is a really great reality show. It's not about most reality shows now, about people in a house living together. In order to be on this show, you actually need to have skill or you will leave really quickly. Its also nice to see what kind of garments these people come up with. A brilliant show that will hopefully survive after the end of the reality TV boom.
  • This is one of my favorite show i watch every wednesday after i get home from church so i thank you for that.Iam one of those people that dont go no where by my self,i dont go close shoppin at all my sister dose that for me.

I like watch this show i like some of the cloth they make and some i dont,like jeffery cloth they are just to hard rock for my tast buds.Micheal cloth i like but he did have a bad week on that blue dress he made over in paires france the only thing that was wrough was to mush on top i love the rest.And for vencen his clothes was not even there for me.And for anglia there was only one thing she did that i liked and that was the one where she teamed up with micheal and that other lady i can not remember her name.
  • WHAT IS UP WITH THIS SHOW

I swear its like a virus...I started watchin season 2 after my best friend got me hooked on season 1 and I have been platered to the television every wensday night ever since. This season has BY FAR been the most crazy and they have thrown every curve ball at the viewers that can be thrown which is absolutely insaine! From bringing back voted off designers to having 4 designers at fashion week, by far...SEASON 3 is amazing...however I still love my Daniel V...he's my fav forever! But CHEERS to another BIG SEASON for Project Runway!
  • The best show on TV!

I love this show because they keep it simple. They don\'t go crazy with silly challenges like some of the other shows. It\'s clean and simple. The best outfit down the runway wins, the worst outfit goes home. Also, the host and the judges don\'t get in the way and try to steal the spot light. They let the talent of contestants and the drama of the competition shine. I\'d say if you\'re not watching this show, set your tivo! Get a season pass! You\'ll be hooked after the first episode. It\'s good clean fun for the whole family...even dad might like this show!
  • I love this show!!!

This show is great. I am a self proclaim Reality TV Junkie, but this one stands out. The contestants actually have talent, not just looking for their 15 minutes of fame. I love seeing the runway show, and Tim Gunn.... I love him. Heidi is cute too. I hope Michael wins the whole shebang, I guess we will see.
  • The "American Idol" of Fashion

The thing I love about Project Runway is that the challenges make the designers to think outside of the box and puts them a somewhat even playing field. One designer might be a pro with tayloring exquisite jackets but can't make a bathing suit to save his life. Another designer might have been able to execute beautiful garments but has trouble sketching an idea to pitch it to a potential client. Each week I come back anxious to see what curveball has been pitched. I also appreciate that it focuses so much more on the process of designing and garment creation instead of highlighting so much of the personal drama, as the UK version Project Catwalk does. In the third season, mentor Tim Gunn has become a bit of a parody of himself, but that doesn't stop me from tuning in to see him give his words of wisdom!
  • A fun and creative show!

I really enjoy watching this show! The challenges are interesting and anyone who enjoys watching drama can tune into this show, even the models have some drama. The show may drag on at times but it is fun to watch the outfits being put together and sent down the runway. Laugh at the funny outfits, ponder at some of the crazy outfits, and be marveled at the gorgeous outfits. I recommend this show for any fan who likes reality television, anyone who wants to go into fashion or anyone who loves Hedi Klum! I hope everyone enjoys the show as much as I do!
  • I love this show!

The models selected a famous person by seeing a picture and the designer must make an updated outfit, which will show everyone how much they know about what the star would wear today. The designers have a budget for materials and went shopping, which is interesting to see what colors and material they purchased to design the outfit. I was amazed that Bradley had never heard of Cher and part of the entertainment of the show is how well or not well the outfit looks on the model. The judges select a winner, Michael and a loser who goes home, which Bradley had to go home for being clueless about Cher
  • This show started out as an original reality series that amused me greatly. But in its recent season has been less than amusing.

Project Runway is currently in its third season, and I can't lie to you and say that they keep getting better. Because this show started out great but has been steadily declining. The first season was one of those shows that i couldn't bare to miss. The second season was ok. But i find the third season boring and unoriginal. I also would have liked to see a change in the judges. All in all this show is not as good as the first and is probably looking at its last season. So if you're looking for a good show to watch i'd look again.
  • Really like the show but I think they missed the boat on the last episode.

I was really disappointed with the last episode. I started watching the show with my daughter about two months ago. I really feel like the judges missed the boat on the last show. They voted off Allyson. I felt that Vincent was hands down the worst design. I also felt like he was rude and had disrespected the judges. The wierd thing is they seemed to like the fact that he thought they didn't know what they were talking about and that he had alot more talent then they did. I can only assume that they kept him on for the ratings. He is definately the most hated designer left. This show needs to be careful or it will lose alot of viewers.
  • I LOVE THIS SHOW :)

I LOVE THIS SHOW...i love fashion, i love designing clothes and project runway has both! i look forward to every episode and i always end up getting excited to see the next one. the designers are great and the competition is fierce and i love the drama...all the challenges have nasty twists and i love how the designers think of creative ways to survive them. i think this show is a great opportunity for designers to show the world what they have to offer and a good training ground for them to survive the cutthroat fashion industry. this show rocks!:)
1 2 3 4