Project Runway

Thursday 9:00 PM on Lifetime Premiered Dec 01, 2004 Returning 07/24/2014

ocean58

Project Runway Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• I just have to watch it!

This is one of maybe three programs that I have to watch in any given wekk. I'm addicted. The personalities this season are every bit as good as last season. I'm not a fan of the weird photo snapping cuts and transitions, but the content is great. It is the right blend of behind the scenes drama and competition/elimination. A must watch!
  • Project Runway is great!

Project Runway is an addicting show if you are into fashion or even any sort of design. The show has some drama (but isnt overloaded like certain "reality shows) and the characters are very likeable (or not) so you can get hooked with someone.

Personally, I live for each wednesday when the new episode airs, and Daniel V. is my favorite.
  • Best Reality on TV

Project Runway is by far the best reality-based show on TV. The show is focused on the amazing creations that the contestants come up with each week, more than back-stabbing and cat fights. If you want to be blown away by the power of someone's creativity, then this is the show for you.
  • Fashion designers compete for a shot at their own line.

Project Runway is a model for what all reality tv should be like. It has a formula but each episode has a different challenge with different resources, goals, and team dynamics. There are numerous very clever twists which keep the show engaging. Also the characters have a lot of tude to give out and this provides a well-developed dramatic element to it.
  • awesome except for one thing.. SANTINO'S LINE WAS AWESOME! WHAT THE HECK!

The episode where everyone makes lingerae (sp?) everyone hated santino's lingera (sp?). his was the BEST in my idea. well not the best but AWESOME. why didn't they like it? his argument made me like it even more because he was right that it was not just like eberone elses. aww and that poor guy (daniel) that left the show. he's a pretty nice guy.

ok thats all i have to say for now.

ps this is the first show of this ive seen.
  • This show is really great!

This show is really great! Its not like the other shows, it different, everyting from the challenges to the eliminations.
    The designers are also very good and they are very pasionate about it. Eventhough some of the creations are not my taste, i often like the finished products. Heidi Klum is a good host and she is so beautiful!
    "Auf Wiedersehen!" ;)
  • Nora's the best, i live this girl!! she's all perfect anyone can be :D

the program is really good, i have a lot of fun seeing it, i like it and i'm really pruod of this kind of programs....Nora's the best, i love all about this girl!! she's all perfect anyone can be :D, sice she's gone the program wasn't the same, but it's ok!
  • This show is the best!

I cannot believe how great this show is. I missed out on the first season ( I did not like the one who won anyway) but this year is so fun. I look forward to Wednesdays even more now with Lost and PR on the same night! Don\'t miss this fabulous show!
  • Fashion designers compete in a variaty of challenges and one is eliminated each week based on the weaken of his or her designs. The final 3 contestants get to create a collection and have a runway show during fashion. There is also competition amongst the

This show is a cut above most reality shows. Not just based upon drama, it also has at least one foot solidly grounded in the talent of its contestants. This is a great show for people who have taste (whether good or bad) because you can have your own opinion on the strength of the designs.
  • awesome

This show is great its smart people, doing what they love and even being a little bitchy. Project runway is intresting with new projects every episode. I love that these people have a dream of becoming famous designers and are attempting to make that dream a reality. These designers have a great talent, eventhough i dont love everyones taste on the show, i do love the finished products.
  • Whoa now...

I am almost embarassed to admit that I watch this show. I tried NOT to watch this season but I have to! LOL I love all the drama and I love to see what all these crazy bit*hes and queens design. Some of those queens are so over the top and outrageous that I laugh out loud. Gay men are so funny sometimes!
  • wached every episode with same interest every time apeared something new it was absolutely briliant al the 5 series kept me in front of the tv. Without doupt is the best show from its class very good work always introducing n ts that kept the story going.

wached every episode with same interest every time apeared something new it was absolutely briliant al the 5 series kept me in front of the tv. Without doupt is the best show from its class very good work always introducing new elements that kept the story going. I enjoyed every episode and i watch it again without regrets.
  • Heidi is so not funny that its funny.

5.9
    Heidi is so not funny that its funny. She might have the world's highest paid legs but she's not a host and its just so painfully obvious. She has the personality of last season's Jimmy Choo's. The designers on the other hand are Fab. esp Austin. If only the producers focused on the designer's more, like what materials they picked and why, what was their inspiration and why, why they pick which model... we could learn so much more. Instead we have a dumbstick telling us that "In fashion, you are either in or out" Heidi Darling... YOU are SO OUT. Please let someone else in the limelight would you?
  • I adore Project Runway, which is a show that gives real artists a chance to excel in their chosen field – fashion.

7.7
    Reality show contests that focus the competition on actual talent often make good television, and although they don’t raise the same social issues as the experiments - human interaction, failure, and success are topics just as worthy of attention. I adore Project Runway, which is a show that gives real artists a chance to excel in their chosen field – fashion. The contestants are not type cast (ala The Real World). They’re judged on the merit of their talent, not filling a specific role for intended dramatic effect. Project Greenlight is another strong example of competition focused reality television.

Where the reality competition falters is when it becomes a spectacle rather than a contest. American Idol, for instance, is more focused on the spectacle of what is happening rather than the talent involved. The Apprentice also falls into this category.
  • Better than it should be

I never would have heard of this show if it was not for the Costume/Makeup Theater class I took last year to get out of having to take Math. Every Wednesday my teacher would show the latest episode in the series, and despite myself (and the fact I was more of a TA than a pupil in the class) I found myself really getting into the show. It tries to be like "survivor" but the fact that it doesn't reach "surivivor" statsis is just what I like about the show, its like walking along the beach and finding a new sea shell, that is pretty, enteratinaing, and priceless. While I doubt I'll watch the second season, I am glad that the show was created to give me a chance to see how cutthroat that world can really be.
  • Well I now that's its over, it's kinda upsetting that austin was kicked off! But Jay won and his collection was fabulous! But i still wonder who did draw on Wendy's daughter's face very interesting!

Well the season finale...Wendy's collection awful I'm sorry it was okay at first was to, to flattering, but then the see-through dress...awk. Although Austin had been kicked off he was very talented, and I loved his work! But Jay did deserve to win, his collection was the nicest out of the three!
  • Project Runway chronicles a weekly fashion competition between designers to make the best designs under different challenges (limited materials, celebrity runway outfit, etc.) The show culminates in a runway show and an elmination where the worst designe

Project Runway chronicles a weekly fashion competition between designers to make the best designs under different challenges (limited materials, celebrity runway outfit, etc.) The show culminates in a runway show and an elmination where the worst designer is cut. All the drama of a reality show and a great competition.

The reality cast of this show and the competitive nature of the competition make this show a gem among reality shows that often seem contrived and simple. These people are good at what they do and work hard to compete each and every week. Plus, the results are apparent at the end of every show, before long you'll find yourself rooting for your favorite designers and wishing the plague on the designer's you hate.

All of the designers are characters and fun to watch. The casting director should be applauded.

Heidi Klum - Supermodel Hostess and Judge

Robert Plotkin - Pretty boy whose mediocre designs are bolstered by his charm.

Wendy Pepper - Ruthless, dramatic cut-throat you'll love to hate.

Kevin Johnn - Exacting and snippy passive aggressive personality.

Starr Ilzoher - Doe-eyed underdog that you will hate to see fail so fantastically.

Vanessa Riley - Quirky and Entertaining British lady.

Jay McCarrol - Wonderfully witty and terrifically nice person with a very punk vibe.

Kara Saun - Professional and kind. You'll love her work and respect her great personality.

Austin Scarlett - He's the gayest gay man ever. Every dress looks like it was made for Audrey Hepburne. He's amazingly talented and his own personal fashion is at least as interesting as the clothes he makes.

Nora Calguri - Talented, but young and erratic. You'll love her clothes and her tantrums.

Alexandra Vidal - Beautiful and professional. Her clothes and her demeanor are the archetype that many of us imagine when we imagine a designer.

Their interactions are great. The competition is amazing and fun to watch. It's all the fun you get from seeing crafts come together in a show like "Trading Spaces" but with an ongoing competition filled with entertaining personalities. If you like reality television then I highly recommend trying on this nouvre coutre.
  • Snarky back stabbing hilarity/reality in the world of fashion.

This show is genius--pure unadulterated genius. Out of all of the reality TV shows out there, Project Runway demands a level of creativity that has never been seen before as well as opens people's eyes to the fashion industry and how just picking out pretty fabric and making a skirt is just a very very very tiny piece of the overarching insanity that is fashion design.

And the season finale was the most fun I've ever had watching TV.
1 2 3 4 >