Project Runway

Thursday 9:00 PM on Lifetime Premiered Dec 01, 2004 In Season

ocean58

Project Runway Fan Reviews (111)

• I am bored

What is with Season 10 and the judges love affair with the everything boring???

Sadly, I am losing my love for Project Runway. I have been a big fan of the show from the first season, mainly because unlike so many other reality shows, the people on Project Runway have a talent and the show focuses on that versus the BS drama you see on most reality shows. But I also loved was the ability to see new, different, and uniquely designed clothes. Clothes and styles that were not already available at every department store in the country.

But for the last few years though, the judges seem to have the attitude that the more boring and simple, the better the designer (which seems to have started when they gave the win to Gretchen instead of Mondo in Season 8). I do not get why the judges love Christopher so much and he is always in the top. And Fabio makes the most boring simple things out of all of them.

I think it is time for new judges. It seems like all the current judges are looking for is the next Micheal Kors. Not to say Micheal Kors is not good designer, but his style is classic. The type of basic pieces even your grandmother still has in her closet. And though we all like and need those classic pieces, a whole TV series on "classic fashion" like a good basic pair of pants or that basic fitted jacket you can still wear 10 years from now makes for very, very, boring TV!!

I thought the point of Project Runway was to see new, different and unique points of views in fashion. How creative these new unknown designers can be. I know that the real fashion business is mostly boring and there is little money to be made in the different, unique, and creative realm of design. But this is still a TV show. And I want to be entertained. Not bored to sleep.

That is why everyone liked Mondo. Not everyone can wear his clothes and they may not be timeless pieces that sell out in the stores, but his clothes were different and fun and you wanted to watch the next episode to see what crazy cool thing he made the next week. His clothes were entertaining and fun to watch. That makes for good TV.
LRW