Project Runway

Sew Me What You Got

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Nov 14, 2007 on Lifetime

• I can't say I was 'wowed' but the look on Tim's face as the bizarre new age lady crawled on chiffon over Bryant Park made my week

So here we are again with another season of B****y over-the-top designers and glue-on dresses. I'm willing to openly put my money on the Jay 2.0 costume designer. In the past I've rooted for Jay, Daniel V., and Jeffery. I'm aware that this speaks volumes about my fashion sense, but I'm going to stick with my gut.

So the designer's first challenge was a bit of a let down, the most challenging part being a jog across the park to the piles of glorious fabrics. I was slightly hoping to see a few skipping across the lawn, like the adorable elf like flamboyant boy, and as I type this I realize that that really isn't a very specific description. The odd ball of the show was quickly established when the yoga-friendly new age woman decided to "infuse part of the fabric with something natural" as she began to rub grass stains into some fabric. Tim's face was the thing this show was built on. I was a bit miffed when the judges announced that the winner of this challenge was the mother of the bride/dull as hell/ Grecian through back. I however was not surprised when they kicked of the sedated simple girlish-wear girl rather than Miss Grass Stain, despite the fact that her model was tripping over herself as she walked down the runway. She is far to interesting to boot off after one episode, I can't wait to see what crazy high jinx she pulls off next week (please tell me it includes 'hand measuring'). Why get rid of reality television gold when you could get rid of little miss sedative. Seriously, did she have more than one expression during the entire show? That covers just about everything; however I'm still not convinced that the sassy ex-model isn't actually a drag queen.