Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal

(ended 2000)

Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal Fan Reviews (7)

• My very first obsession. Like they say, others will come and go, but there's nothing as sweet as the first!

You know you are obsessed with a tv series when you sincerely consider perusing the job your favorite character has.

"Psi Factor: Chronicles of the Paranormal" documented the true case files of the Office of Scientific Investigation and Research; the O.S.I.R. for short. Well, that's how the opening credits read. Following a team of paranormal experts, unraveling the mysteries of 'psi', this show was a phenomenon in it's own right.

Dan Akroyd? Can it get any better?

Dan Akroyd of "Saturday Night Live", "Blues Brothers" and "Ghost Busters", played host to this amazing show. Turns out, paranormal is in the genes. Following his father and grandfather's footsteps, Dan found himself intrigued by the unexplained since he was a child. To further his passion, he helped develop and create Psi Factor in the hopes to spread awareness about paranormal phenomena, and it did just that.

The show reached millions week after week, tackling new cases in the search for scientific truth, but if it was the paranormal that caught our eye, it was the cast and characters that kept us coming for more.

As with any show, there are bound to be casting changes, but “Psi Factor” never lost it’s charisma. The unique characters, such as Matt Preager, became a staple of the O.S.I.R. team and kept the viewership watching. Fans cried at the loss of Connor, became infuriated with Elsinger’s hidden agenda, were hopeful with Lindsay’s passion, and laughed with Peter’s sense of humor. They became our family.

This show takes a certain type of fan, I must admit. It is not for everyone, but if you love sci-fi mysteries and want to see an influential classic, you must catch, "Psi Factor".