Psych

Cloudy...Chance of Murder

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 09, 2007 on USA

• Cloudy...Chance of Murder

The Good:

-Lassiter comes through for Shawn by getting Shawn's motorcycle back for him. He also vouches for the "psychic" in court.

-Michael Weston as Adam Hornstock. He plays a nervous lawyer with undeniable skill. He occasionally shows up as a guest star on television; although always good, he is sadly underrated as an actor.

-Gus was in an accelerated law program, which he thinks means that he was pre-law.

The Bad:

-The side story with Shawn's motorcycle seems random. It is barely addressed until the end of the episode.
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show psych shawn and gus become defence consultants for the a lawer that has no confadence in himself. due to the fact that all his family were lawers. and shawn thinks his clinet is innocent the police that arested her think she murders a weather man. and shawn does not think so they go and start to investgate after they make the lawer look good in court for jury number 4 by changing his tie. and they realize that a guy that worked for him did not really like the weather man that was murderd and then a video gets submitted and it shows her killing the weather man alest to make you blive it but turns out it was a girl that worked for him who killed him becasue he thought she was not the type to have sex with . and she was mad so they figured it out and helped him build his confidence back again.
  • Shawn and Gus become Legal Consultants for a lawyer that has lost his confidence when Shawn is convinced his client is innocent. A weatherman was stabbed on the TV set and there is video but nothing truly conclusive until Shawn makes a discovery.

Very funny episode and Shawn manages to keep from going over the top. Gus actually is proving to be quite the partner in these gigs more than carrying his weight in this deductive reasoning thing. These two make a really good team.

The defendant Sandra Panitch is swept off her feet by the lothario weatherman Jackson Hale and they have relations on the set of the TV news show. Shortly after they are done Sandra is rendered unconscious and Jackson is stabbed. Unbeknownst to Sandra, Jackson was taping their little tryst for his own records. The tape does not show much after the two fall to the ground so in a way it is inconclusive until Shawn discovers a shadow on the tape turning things upside down and discovering the murderer.

Michael Weston is great as Adam Hornstock the defense attorney with absolutely no confidence. Shawn helps him out and he wins his family over creating a whole new line of work for Shawn and Gus to pursue.

Shawn and his father are sparring as usual. You wonder about his fathers motives but in the end all he really cares about is that Shawn takes care of himself and that he does something productive.

The part about his bike was great in that everyone including his father, and Adam wanted to buy his bike at auction for him. His father because he really does love him and Adam because he helped him pro bono and his firm wanted to do something nice for him. They were both too late though as Lassiter had arranged for his bike to be returned to him instead of going to auction. He seems to be winning people over. It is funny that many people still think he really isn't psychic but they play along with him. Lassiter and his father for example.

A very enjoyable show with a lot of good clean humor. Thanks for reading...
  • "...Windy Morningdew?" LOL So funny!

I really liked this episode. It was immediately funny when Shawn said he wouldn't wait in line. "It's a ticket counter, not Space Mountain." LOL I LOVED how Henry showed up in court to support Shawn. He gave a silly wave to Shawn when Shawn looked over and saw him. It wasn't very "Henry-like" but it was sweet to see him supporting his son. I'm so used to him being a hard a$$. But lately he's been showing a softer side. The little argument between Shawn and Gus over Gus' tie was very funny. The looks on their faces were just hilarious. Adam Hornstock had a funny, childish look on his face also, when they bickered over the tie. It was great. It was funny when everyone kept pointing out that Shawn shouldn't be there (in court). He got Lassiter to vouch for him. I liked when Shawn talked back to the DA. That was great too. Another part of the episode that I liked was when Gus wanted to fight the DA after the DA called him a sidekick. LOL It was sooo funny when Shawn and Gus went to the station and Gus pretended to read the news. I loved when Shawn teased him. Yet another favorite part of mine is when Shawn, Gus and Hornstock are in the law offices. Hornstock again looked like a child, a nervous child this time, while Shawn looked relax. It wasn't Hornstock's office. That little scene was great.

I absolutely loved the ending when everyone wanted to get Shawn's motorcycle back for him. That was great. It seems that Lassiter is the one who took care of it for him. Awww!!

This show is just awesome.
  • Who kills their weather man?

When Shawn's bike is taken becasue of the unpaid parking tickets he must go to the court house to pay them but there Shawn sees a murder case being discussed on the television and see who is defending the woman being accused of murder he tells gus that this is a case for them. so they become legal consultans. first they go the court house and talk the defender's lawyer into letting in as his legal consultant. Shawn and Gus begin to look for the murderer but they are surprise when they discover that the murder was someone that worked with him.
  • One of the funniest episodes since the pilot.

This is my favorite episode, so far. I laughed so many times through it my sides hurt. From Shawn's "legal" ranting about the "commandments" against the impounding of his bike, to his objection of "unfair surprisory". Also Shawn's note, which he passed to the lawyer, which included the name "Wendy Morningdew"...I had to rewind that scene a couple of times. There were so many funny moments and great one-liners, I can't even begin to cite them properly. What I can say is this is a "Must See" episode for anyone who loves a good laugh. I have already suggested to my family and friends. :)
  • Regularity! Another very good episode.

The trick may be repetitive, some jokes and scenes may be overplayed - like another lady in distress that Shawn is willing to help to have an affair with her, again - but the dynamics between James Roday and Dulé Hill and between Roday and Corbin Bernsen is so great it never ceases to amaze me. This is a proof that when you have fun at work, the job result is better than great.

Maggie Lawson's character pratically didn't do anything of importance, again, continuing to be a pretty face to Shawn to hit on, but still needing to prove to be a good police officer.

Furthermore, the newness was the mystery in the end of the episode of who gave Shawn his bike back. Lassiter, "Dad" or the attorney-to-be?

Play your bets and stay tuned! The question is to find out is: where the mystery wil be solved? In the show site or in a farther on episode?
  • So, last week, I didn't like the green leprechaun ep very much, but this one was awesome. There was everything I love so much: humor (but not over the top), relationship-stuff and teeny weeny bit of angst.

The case was rather interesting, even though I figured out the "who-dun-it" pretty early on but as you know, I don't watch this series for the cases but for the characters. And Shawn really shone this week. I loved that we got to see more of Lassiter. He isn't a complete jerk after all. He knew that the girl didn't do it but couldn't do anything about it himself. So he poked and prodded Shawn to help her but when it came down to it, he supported Shawn - which really shocked our resident not!psychic. It was rather interesting because it differed from what we usually see. And Dad excelled too! Henry loves his boy and he is worried about him driving a bike. The accident got mentioned again! Yay for continuity. Their relationship is so hard but they obviously love each other very much. Gus is such a geek! Him playing the lawyer made me laugh! And one must mention Donnelly Rhodes. He. Was. Simply. Awesome! His judge with a kidney stone and antagonism to the DA was fantastic. I would love to see him again on this show!