A Psych Community
USA (ended 2014)
With the series finale of Psych quickly approaching, I wanted to take some time to share some of my favorite moments. There are far too many to list them all so here are just a few. In no particular order:

S6.E6 "Shawn, Interrupted": Shawn and Gus go undercover in a mental institution and chaos ensues. From the moment Gus quotes Girl, Interrupted until the very end when Shawn and Gus capture the bad guy, this episode was a laugher.

S7.E11 "Office Space": It was classic when Gus completely contaminated the crime scene. It got hilariously worse when he and Shawn go back to clean up the mess. Dulé Hill was fantastic in this episode. I never get sick of the relationship between Shawn and Gus. This is another prime example of how far Shawn will go to have his buddy's back.

S8.E2 "S.E.I.Z.E. the Day": I love to see the vulnerable side of Lassiter but I also love to see Lassiter be a bad ass. He definitely proved himself in many ways in this episode. Plus, it's always cool to see Shawn motivate Lassie, especially considering how their relationship began.

S3.E4 "The Greatest Adventure in the History of Basic Cable": Shawn and Gus' adventure with Uncle Jack played out like an old school action movie. There were so many great moments in this episode, such as the interrogation of Shawn, Gus & Henry and the flashback of Jack pretending to be Shawn's dad and visiting his class.

S1.E15 "Scary Sherry: Bianca's Toast": This is absolutely one of my top five episodes. The first of the spooky episodes, Scary Sherry is awesome in the way it combined comedy and scares. One of my all time favorite Psych scenes is Gus trying to play it cool in front of the sorority girls right before he and Shawn get scared into running -and screaming- from the sorority house.

S5.E12 "Dual Spires": There are several moments in Dual Spires that make it clever and just plain funny but after watching it many times, what I truly love about the episode is how cute Shawn and Juliet's blossoming relationship is.

Well, fellow Psych fans, these are but a few of my favorite moments from the show that I love as much now as I did when it began. Please share some of your own favorites. I'm going to miss this show so much once it's gone but I'll always revisit all of the episodes.
45 Comments
Comments (54)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
No Country for Two Old Men

Flag
just to clarify.. this was last season and focused on Shawn's dad and Jeffrey Tambor as Juliet's stepdad. The dads were in Mexico and it was so hilarious.
Flag
Yes, it was so funny :P
Flag
I, too read some of the previous comments and it's official! I'm going to binge-watch Psych from the beginning! I'm gonna miss this show.

Flag
I always have Psych marathons when the show is on a break, and sometimes when I'm just in need of a good laugh. Life won't feel quite right without Psych but it's good to know that we can binge on the old eps whenever we need to.
Flag
How has no one mentioned "American Duos" yet? One of my favorites! Shawn and Gus singing and dancing? Check. Badass Juliet? Check. Creeped-out Lassie? Check. And Tim f'ing Curry?! Check Check!
Flag
Good choice! One of my favorite moments was when Nigel was insulting Henry. :P Tim Curry was awesome in this episode. Shawn and Gus were so hilarious. I love their ending performance.
Flag
Wow, I was looking at the comments and they're all favourites!! I loooove this show, it will be missed.
Flag
It's rare for a show to touch my heart the way Psych has... I can't imagine not having any more new episodes. I'm going to truly miss this show so much.
Flag
Another favorite is the UFO episode with Freddie Prinze Jr as their old nerd friend from grade school.

Flag
This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite episodes! So funny from start to finish!
Flag
So many favourite moments, but this one stands out.

The episode "Shawn Has the Yip" when Shawn thinks that someone has rigged the elliptical with an explosive. I crack up every time, even though I know it's coming.
Flag
OMG that was too funny! And all because he wouldn't take care with the cordless phone! lol
Flag
i loved S02E13 Lighs, Camara.. Homicidio... when sahw get a part in the latino soap... he has some good spanish...
but there are so many funny moments.
the Despereaux are so funny, or when thy tried for the singing duos... im going to miss you Shawn and Gus
Flag
One of my favorite lines from Lights, Camera, Homocidio is Lassiter saying "Me llamo Carlton Lassiter. Me gusta queso". LOL

Flag
I've never watched Psych but in even in the adverts I've seen on tv the relationship between the two leads shines through. After reading this post I definitely want to catch up. I'd like to start with the episode where they are slapping each other and laughing - does anyone know which episode this is?
Flag
The episode to which you are referring is actually cold "Lets Doo-Wop It Again" Season 6 Episode 13 and it occurs near the end.
Flag
uhm i can not remember which one you are talking about specifically because they slap each other almost in everyone its better if you just watch from the beginning because they are all worth watching.
Flag
I second that recommendation. The show really is awesome right from the beginning. Also, watching from the beginning will show you how all of the characters grow and evolve (alone and with each other). And yes, Shawn and Gus have abused each other too many times to point out which episode you might be talking about lol
Flag
My absolute favorite episode was Season 2, Episode 5 "And Down the Stretch Comes Murder". It was one of the best cases of the week. Ben Giroux played Shawn and Gus's childhood friend who had become a jockey. Shawn and Gus started trying to investigate why none of his horses ever won and then a jockey turned up dead. That is the episode where I realized I never wanted this show to end. It's still is one of the best. So funny.
Flag
I love that episode. It was funny how scared Shawn and Gus got when Jimmy was on the way to their office. I loved so much about that episode.
Flag
Whoa. It's nearly impossible for me to compile a list.

I am surprised nobody has mentioned the episodes "Gus walks into a bank", "There will be blood" and "Daredevils". (Daredevils in particular still gets to me at the end)

I can't pick a particular favorite because Psych has been so good to me for years, I am going to miss it so much.
Flag
I feel the same as you. There are just too many moments. I get so sad thinking about saying goodbye to this show...
Flag
i nearly cried when the word "cancelled" was first mentioned months ago..
Flag
So did I :( And every time I see the promos it just makes me so sad.
Flag
Favorite Moments: Shawn declaring a cat as a credible witness, Lassie declaring a shark as a murderer, pretty much the entirety of "Office Space," Juliet semi-confessing her love for Shawn JUST AFTER he gets together with Abby, Shawn and Juliet finally becoming a couple (and constantly getting interrupted.) anything with Woody the Goofy Coroner, Gus hosting a radio show, Lassie going crazy and trying to kill Gus, Shawn drawing a sketch of a murderer as a T-Rex (and actually being somewhat right about that), but MOST of all- the episode where Shawn gets kidnapped and uses everything his dad taught him as a kid to escape and take down the kidnapper. Lassie even calls Shawn "detective." In my opinion that's the episode that solidified that Lassie respects Shawn... even though his antics drive him nuts.
Flag
Excellent moments! :P
Flag
Easily my favourite joke from all episodes of Psych, think it was season 3.

SoldierCaptainPerson: "This kind of idiocy will not be tolerated!"
Shawn: "Is there another kind of idiocy, that you would feel more comfortable with?"
Flag
This show is amazing, love their friendship!!
Flag
So many great moments! I really liked the Spanish soap opera episode, among others. I loved how they occasionally changed the opening to match the episode.

Flag
Agreed, that episode was hilarious.

I particularly loved it when Henry started yelling at stuff his CHARACTER on the soap opera was doing... and Shawn had to remind him it was just a show.
Flag
That Spanish soap episode was so hilarious! I loved how everyone watched the show :P I always hear Gus saying "I need to know if that baby's his!" LOL
Flag
Every single Mary Lightly moment.
Flag
Mary was so creepy yet sweet :P Loved when he had the onesie on in the video
Flag
I know this is a different list, but my favorite Gus name is still

Methuselah Honeysuckle

Granted by Henry in Disco didn't Die. It was Murdered

In general, I just love it when Henry is featured in an episode and gets to do his bit in the field
Flag
I know it's recent, but I cracked up so hard just the other day in Shawn and Gus Truck Things Up

When Lassiter broke down and started screaming Is that my wife and unborn child in there?!

Shawn and Gus doing it stopped being funny after a short while. But LASSITER doing it? Without being prompted? And being serious?

LOL
Flag
I've been craving fruit loop quesadilla all week
Flag
For me it would be way easier to list the moments that I didn't like from the show than the moments that I did.

This for me was just the best show. I don't even have it on my list for good shows because it for me is above all others. It is just good tv.

Dual Spires, The exorcist episode, Bigfoot, far far too many to list. And they could keep going very easily. USA has dropped the ball.
Flag
I echo your sentiments. Well said.

This show has lasted longer than any comedy on the mother-ship and has more left and they are dumping it for crap. NOBODY watched 'Sirens' (OK 1.3 million, for a premiere) and they are still begging people to watch "Suits" (but no one is taking the bait and the ratings reflect it's still losing viewers this season (its lowest audience had been a paltry 2.48 million until last week's premiere to only 2.28 mil. eyes)

Its official now USA is just as far in the tank as its parent.

USA (NBC Universal) can just "Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck It!"
Flag
Agreed. I caught the comeback episode of Suits and I am just not sure it is going to be worth it anymore. They recycle the plots way too many times especially considering that it is only the third season.

Sirens was fun, but it wasn't tune in every week kind of fun. It was more watch it on Netflix some rainy day kind of fun.

And that new reality show with the annoying guy that seemingly only speaks in catch phrases looks awful.

The only thing rumored to be coming from USA right now that I am interested in is the sitcom with Eliza Coupe from Happy Endings in it. And that is it.

I also can't believe that they let Roday go to CBS. Psych has been their most consistently successful show and then nothing? You are right, they can suck it.
Flag
This show is still making better ratings numbers than everyone's darlings 'Community' and 'Parks and Rec'. They had one show left that still did OK ;The Office' and haven't even recovered that audience.
Flag
And all of those people would follow Roday and Hill as well as the rest of them if USA were to give them another show to create.

I still think hunk this show could pull off a Hot Fuzz kind of show. A show about paranormal investigators, really anything. They could take a number of their ideas for some of their single episodes and make a whole series of it.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
Once Psych is not on USA anymore, there won't be any reason for me to watch the channel... Psych is such a great show. Smart, clever and so funny!
Flag
A quickie from memory.; Sean and Gus inside a mansion looking out at a guard dog jumping up at the windowed door. Gus sais something like I think it can see us. Sean sais, that or the urine on my pants! A cry with laughter moment.
When Sean is in a diner with Jules in the early days and sais in creepy voice, can I touch your sleeve. I wanna touch your sleeve - now an in joke with a friend!
Gus screaming off usually creases me up. Ah, the big foot ep!!
But there's so many moments. It's the old story that not necessarily the best overall episodes have the best individual bit.
Flag
Great moments...good memories!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members