A Psych Community
USA (ended 2014)

After eight seasons, a musical, and 100-plus episodes of silly shenanigans and pop culture homages, USA has confirmed that its long-running comedy caper Psych will solve its final case in the Season 8 finale—now also a series finale—on Wednesday, March 26 at 9pm. 

Season 8, which premiered on January 8, has long been considered to be the series' last, even if some fans aren't ready to say goodbye to Shawn and Gus and their hilarious adventures in the fake-psychic detective world just yet. Once Maggie Lawson (Juliet) booked the now-dead comedy Back in the Game last year, the writing was very clearly on the wall that the end was near. And if last week's news that Timothy Omundson—who's played Carlton "Lassie" Lassiter since Psych premiered in 2006—has been tapped to star in ABC's new comedy pilot Galavant wasn't enough, well, now it's officially official. The pineapple days are over, Psych-Os.

Here's a simultaneously cute, sad and creepy video of series stars James Roday and Dule Hill making the announcement themselves:

But if you can't bear the thoguht of a Shawn and Gus-less existence, here's a bit of good news to ease your pain: The series finale won't quite be the end. Immediately following the episode, USA will air Psych After Show, a live, one-hour special featuring a Q&A session with series creator Steve Franks and the entire cast. 

But then it really is over.

With only five episodes left in the entire series, what's on your Psych wishlist? What would you like to see before Shawn and Gus say goodbye forever?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 3/26/2014

Season 8 : Episode 10

102 Comments
Comments (102)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
What about Shawn and Victorias wedding
Flag
At least make a spin off about their wedding and life together.
Flag
Ps don't hate me for this but I think maggie lawson is hot don't hate me for this James but she is ;)
Flag
Y'all should make a season9 to surprise us then it can be over for good but I like y'all's show
Flag
And I am gonna watch the rest 4 seasons slooowly and try to make it last atleast for 3 months.
Flag
I am now at season 4 last episode. But I have already started crying that I still can see only 4 seasons more...Gonna miss you soon! :(
Flag
Well that's a drag. And why end it with the ring getting stolen? Kind of a crappy thing to do to the fans. I will miss the show a lot, not to many actual comedies out the for the whole family to enjoy. This sadly was one of the best ones.
Flag
Noooo why dose it have to end you shoud make a movie or something like. Let Them solve the case for Juliet, chefand guss and show if they got the guy who took the ring and show Shawn and Juliet get marry.
Flag
I'm very Sad I Really Love Psych it so hard to believe it's all over I Don't won't to say Good Bye to the cast So I will say see you later until Next time
Flag
I hate that it ending I love the show but I think it can have more season at lease let them solve the case for Juliet and chef and show if they got the guy who took the ring and show Shawn and Juliet get marry
Flag
Yesss do this
Flag
That's kind of a drag....
Flag
Season 4, Ep. 7 "High Top Fade-Out". It's so hard to say goodbye :'(
Flag
PSYCH CAN'T END! I REFUSE IT NOOOO NOOO ITS BETTER THEN ANY ITHER SHOW EVERRR!!!!!!!!!! THEY SHOULD NEVER END THEY SHOULD HAVE LIKE 30 SEASONS JUST LIKE THE SIMPSONS NOOO IM SO SADD AND DISSAPOINTED:( FOR INFINITY!
Flag
I guess that I am late to this party. I just started watching Psych fairly recently on Netflix. My family quickly burned through all of the episodes on Netflix. I will miss Psych. It was such an entertaining show. I also want to point out that it is one of the few shows that we could watch with our son and not cringe when something widely inappropriate was said on the show. Sadly, shows that are even remotely family friendly are VERY few and far in-between nowadays.
Flag
This show is so much fun! Sad to see it end
Flag
I still can't stand the thought of the show ending. I'm so sad.
Flag
save psych please this is a great show
Flag
Depressing
Flag
Will the after show be hosted by Chris Hardwick?
Flag
Please visit www.facebook.com/SavePsych
Flag
Loved the show from day one . It will be truly missed :( Goodbye USA , without Psych I have no reason to tune in !
Flag
Yes, I agree. The other shows are not even remotely interesting.
Flag
i think 8 seasons is great run. end on a high cause there is a point is has to go downhill. i just pray they don't do anything like season 9 of scrubs
Flag
I'm so mad this show is coming to an end,I think if they really wanna go out on top they should bring everybody who ever played on the show back, make it to where shawn and gus hits there heads and they start having deja vu, everything they see they know they already solved the case and when they wake up the last pased 8 years was just in their heads.
Flag
Aww, I'll miss it.
Flag
I hope Shawn and Juliet get married and the network realizes what a dumbass move it is to cancel such an awesome show. When the show was on Friday nights just hearing the theme song made me happy because I knew the weekend had truly started, and this was a time in my life that I didn't have a lot to be happy about, even now hearing it come on still brings a smile to my face. And I have been a loyal follower of the show since episode 1. I have watched every season on Netflix so many times that now I don't even have to see the screen to know what's happening all I have to do is listen. Hearing that it is coming to an end has ruined my year. Thanks a lot USA. And thanks for all the good memories too all of you at Psych.
Flag
I liked it a lot better on Fridays than on Wednesdays also
Flag
As sad as it is, I think we knew this was probably the last season. I hope that the writers planned accordingly and the last 5 eps are AMAZEBALLS and this truely fantastic show can go out with a bang.
Flag
What a bunch of crap!!!!! I love this show. I agree with Gus: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Flag
I am officially crying.
Flag
Awe, C;mon son.
Flag
Another thought for the end -

They need a Tony Shaloub (BRING BACK 'MONK'!) guest spot because it will be the perfect message to the now unbearably shi!!y USA network that it is completely dead. Good luck going forward ya b1tches. Your new comedy and reality programs promoted during the episode tonight kind of look like you have no idea what your doing anymore. After 'Psych' comes death of a network.

Flag
In between the lines
there's a lot of obscurity.
I'm not inclined to resign to maturity
If it's all right then you're all wrong.
Why bounce around to the same downed song?
You'd rather run when you can crawl........

I know you know that
I'm not telling the truth.
I know you know they
just don't have any proof
Embrace the deception, learn how to bend
You're worst inhibitions,
They will 'Psych' you out in the end.

I know you know. I know you know.
etc etc etc

Damn I'm gonna miss the sh!t out of this show. The tears started falling when the boys appeared at the end of this week's hilarious/awesome Gus-centric episode. To sofaspud2, I'm sorry but you can just SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK IT. These past two seasons have been the best.
Flag
I cannot tell you how much being insulted by someone who a low-rated cable show makes cry hurts me,

For that matter, your bud Joss is also wwaaaaayyyy past his expiration date.
Flag
Must be hard having such exquisite tastes. Why comment on this if you think you are too good for this show?
Flag
Although this season has been a bit below average still Psych is one of those 'I will not miss it' shows. It will be deeply missed and it absence will bore another big hole into the USA offerings. USA used to be the summer and mid season network to go and although there are still a couple of fairly good shows on schedule (Graceland is not one of them) the network is fading out quite fast.
Flag
I would love for Shawn to become a real policeman/detective and "lose" his psychic powers, wrapping up his immaturity as JT_Kirk commented. Maybe a proposal? And something good for Gus. Either that or a funny Thelma&Louise-kind-of final scene.
Flag
First Chuck now Psych gone. :(
Flag
One need not be psychic to know that this is coming roughly three seasons too late; they monumentally jumped the shark with the Shawn/Juliette storyline; did the '80s pop culture gurus not learn anything from "Moonlighting" or "Cheers?"
Flag
It was a good buddy show, I hope they make more shows like this.
Flag
Oh well, goodbye USA Network. This was the last show you had that made me tune in. I love me some Bruce Campbell, but hated Burn Notice. Now there's nothing left. Characters welcome, unless you are a little outside the lines of a normal scripted series. RIP Monk, Dead Zone, 4400... Psych :(
Flag
Obviously we all want to see happy endings for everyone. But, honestly, I think what we want to see more is an ending, period. Not that we want the show to end, but we want a series finale that actually feels like a series finale, not a season finale. I don't know if USA gave them the news before this season was shot, so I don't know if they actually filmed a true finale or not. This has been one of the most consistent shows on television, and it deserves a true send-off. It worries me that they only now announced that it's the final season, because it almost sounds like the decision was just made, after filming was complete.
Flag
The news about this being Psych's final season have been long-coming and speculated about. Even before Maggie Lawson took up on that new role it was suggested. Psych had a good run, it is of my favourite TV programmes and will further remain to be for a long, long time.
Flag
Simon Baker as a guest star since the show made jokes about The Mentalist.

Flag
--Shawn and Juliet to get married
--Gus to get a soul mate (like the one in this episode 5-they had good chemistry)
--The chief gets her job back
--For the guys to have a successful detective agency, like getting cases outside of the police department (this was their dream job since they were kids)
--it was nice to have Lassiter become a dad
--Shawn's dad to consult with him on a case now and again

Basically, happy endings all around. I will miss this show!!
Flag
This season hasn't been very good.
Flag
I definitely agree. I haven't NOT laughed at the show this much since season three, which was, IMHO, the worst of the series until now. Too gimmicky this year. Trout is annoying. Juliet's practically a ghost because they had to work around Lawson being on the (sorry) awful series Back in the Game. They don't seem to know what to do with Henry, when there's plenty to be done with him. I swore I thought they'd been greenlit for a ninth season and hoped they'd get back on track and finish out with a strong S9. Oh well, just praying this was decided by the creators/cast, not the network, since I can't see them cancelling one of their highest rated shows in the history of USA.
Flag
Yeah it's been very poor, shame previous seasons had a really good balance of the silly but now they seem so far up their own silliness the show has become tedious.
Flag
I never wanted to believe it was the final season, especially since they just now officially announced it. I feel just like crying Gus in the video.
Flag
I'm glad they retired Despereaux cuz he was an awesome character. I think it would be cool for Shawn to finally introduce Gus by his real name, just to surprise us (and Gus of course). Has this happened already?
I will miss Psych and I hope I get to catch that after-show. Someone mentioned a movie... kickstarter anyone? are people still doing that? :)
Flag
Actually Gus was introduced by his real name in an episode where the guys meet a felon, and Shawn's mind freezes and he can't find a clever name for Gus. I don't remember which episode but it happened.
Flag
I, on the other hand, hope he NEVER introduces him by his real name. I love the fake names.
Flag
me too but I thought something different would be cool... it already happened so oh well. and yes, I do love the improvised fake names. and the outtakes they show at the end now that show people reacting to all of Roday's improv. other people do it too, which is hilarious of course. :)
Flag
I haven't watched the show in awhile, but I'll be watching the series finale on March 26.
Flag
you've been missing out! last season and this one have been the best ever. never funnier.
Flag
I need plot continuity to keep me interested and Psych doesn't have that. However, I can always catch up one day via Netflix when I'm bored.
Flag
The show has really matured and improved over the years. it's a shame though that their best seasons are their last. I used to catch it now and then but now I look forward to it every week. anyway, enough promotion. I hope you get back to it someday. cheers!
Flag
I want a happy ending for Shawn and Juliet
I want Gus to find an exciting new job and a soulmate
Flag
I will miss the show. I still enjoy it.
Flag
It was a good run boys, well done.
I had no expectations and just decided to watch it for whatever the reason was (Ok, I was drunk) but I'm glad I decided to watch the pilot years ago. It's definitely one of my favorite TV comedies..I still remember the season one finale. Definitely one of the funniest episodes of the series, directed by none other than John Landis. After that I was hooked and the incredibly strong ties to the 80's with the guest stars and references was a lot of fun.
Flag
Honestly, I wouldn't mind this if they at least confirmed a TV movie to wrap it up more definitively, but as it stands now I feel like there's just not enough (even with the live Q&A, which IMO always need more editing to filter out the live tv problems).

I'd like to see Shawn find either a new path in his life or a way to actually make Psych a more effective detective agency, wrap up the character's immaturity somehow so that he can go on to have a next phase in his life. Also have Gus get a damned life.

Flag
Kaitlin: misspell on "thoguht" in the next-to-last paragraph.
Flag
Wishlist: the Estevez brothers.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members