Psych

Disco Didn't Die. It Was Murdered!

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 15, 2008 on USA

• A 70's themed-kick a$$ episode LOL

Another well done episode. I have to say, the only thing I disliked about this episode were the roles of Lassiter and Juliet. They were really annoying. I didn't like the way they took advantage of Buzz and that whole storyline was pretty much pointless. I guess we can say that we got to see how they're friendship and partnership is developing, but really, it was so annoying. I loved the way the episode started, like some old 80's -or rather, 70's- cop show. The music throughout the episode was cool and added to the 70's theme. I liked how Shawn invited the reporter into the station and then posed while Chief Vick was talking to him. The faces and poses he made were really funny, especially after he realized the case was an old case of Henry's. The look of dismay on his face when he saw that the reporter had taken an unfavorable picture of him was soooo funny. There were a lot of little moments that I enjoyed in this episode....Shawn's and Gus' laughter over the name "Pooky", Shawn's attempted slide across the hood of the car, Shawn's excitement over the box, Gus running away when Shawn activated the bomb. I especially enjoyed the scene where Gus is driving the old car and the car slides into place at the club. He gets out walking funny, saying that his side went to sleep. LOL The way he walked was so funny, and totally in tune with the 70's theme. The guys "costumes" were great, by the way. Another part that I liked, a part I thought was cool, was the car chase. I like to see Gus get in on the action and he was the one behind the wheel. It was a cool chase. I felt really bad for Henry when he realized he'd made a mistake on the case, that Eugene had had partners. Henry is such a perfectionist; it has to hurt that something he was so proud of is now flawed. It was great seeing Shawn, Gus and Henry work as a team. I loved when they did this in the "Old and the Restless" episode. Favorite quotes:
    "I'm getting some serious jibes and it is fly..." Shawn
    "I can dig it." Gus "It's a big birthday cake." Shawn
    "Make a wish." Gus "In some states, that's called child abuse." Shawn
    "If that had been on purpose, that would have been totally cool." Shawn, after Gus slides car into a parking space. LMAO
    "I always wanted to try threes-ees. Who wants the handlebars? Gus, it feels like you." Shawn LOL "So what do we do now?" Gus
    "I don't know. I've never caught anyone before." Shawn I am happy with this episode and I am thrilled that the show has recovered from the slow season start.