Psych

Extradition: British Columbia

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Aug 07, 2009 on USA

• Shawn and Gus are in Canada after an art thief who always seems to be just one step ahead of Shawn.

This was a pretty good episode. I did deduct a half a point because it started off very slow and the writers seemed to struggle in the beginning putting Shawn and Gus away from their normal routine up in Canada, but...

I give them a lot of props for it. The episode wasn't working at first but the minute Shawn and Gus went to the Canadian authorities this episode started showing the 10 quality again that I take for granted on this show. And they didn't look back after that.

The art thief played by Mr. Ewles was a worthy adversary who made you believe at least a little bit that Shawn might have been a little over his head. The funniest thing about the episode was Gus and Shawn riding together and Gus slowly realizing Shawn was taking him out on a date with his own money. That was hilarious.

The cute payoff scene with Juliet was phenomenal too. Even though Shawn might be with Abigail at the moment you can see the slow push for Jules and Shawn.

One of my favorite comedic movies was Ace Ventura Pet Detective. When they did a sequel they took it out of his element into Africa and the movie was very inferior, stole the old jokes and had nothing for Jim Carrey to play off of. In this episode that is what had first hurt it. But unlike that movie. Once they gave people for Shawn and Gus to play off of, this became just as good as any other episode in this series. And it was helped even further with a good villain to play off of too. I liked this interesting experiment for an episode, but I still can't wait for them to go back to the states and than Shawn and Gus can really do what they do best and more Corbin Bernsen always helps too. I can't wait for more.